Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the obvious one because SP is alive. Sure, abductor #2 might have been otherwise engaged, but it seems logical that with one person driving, it would be ideal to have a partner to control SP and get her out of the vehicle as quickly as possible.

Anyway, Lake16 seems to think it's an important detail, so I do too. I was hoping to elicit other theories, is all.

Could it be that abductor #2 holds some kind of a job that she would have to be at work at that time on Thanksgiving Day? I'm just trying to think outside the box.

I have seen a few posts suggesting that one abductor may have been "more humane" than the other, Why would anyone would even begin to speculate that one of the abductors had some semblance of compassion? Where on earth does that theory come from? Just because LE says SP was dropped off by one abductor? When we hear of SP's injuries, where does humanity fit in?

Many radio stations give the time after news casts, before commercial breaks, etc. It's not uncommon to hear "This is John Doe, you are listening to WWWW, and it's 3:13 p.m."

With the little Spanish I understand, I would understand 3:13 . I would at least know it was about 3 o clock.

Maybe I'm missing the point...how does the type of restraints hold any baring on how, why and who abducted SP?
They are common items. It sort of feels that the conversation about this is more about morbid curiosity than sleuthing.
Sorry...just sayin...

When you don't know what you don't know (and that is the case to a great degree here), it's difficult to know what is important and worthy of scrutiny and what isn't. Don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend said she was preparing for a race that was 2 days away.

So were there any other races on Sunday the 4th in that area?
BIB: I have absolutely no idea....I'm on the other side of world and didn't even know a "Thanksgiving Day Race" existed until KP mentioned it in one of the articles.

I have seen a few posts suggesting that one abductor may have been "more humane" than the other, Why would anyone would even begin to speculate that one of the abductors had some semblance of compassion? Where on earth does that theory come from? Just because LE says SP was dropped off by one abductor? When we hear of SP's injuries, where does humanity fit in?

Where it fits in is that she WAS released. She wasn't killed. It took some measure of humanity to do that.

Well that's good to know because we've spent a lot of time discussing basement homes in CA, or lack there of. This will be a nice one to scratch off the thread unless it's confirmed. Thanks! [emoji4]

Yeah, until proven otherwise, this has to be considered an embellishment by the Daily Mail, and it's probably untrue.

Their writer probably didn't realize that basements are uncommon in California. I looked into it, by the way, and I would very roughly say that 1% of homes have a basement. That's still a lot of basements, but it does make it unlikely.

I have seen a few posts suggesting that one abductor may have been "more humane" than the other, Why would anyone would even begin to speculate that one of the abductors had some semblance of compassion? Where on earth does that theory come from? Just because LE says SP was dropped off by one abductor? When we hear of SP's injuries, where does humanity fit in? It's absurd!

Well, for one thing, she is not dead. And she was let out of the car, in a fairly safe location. She could have been shoved out of the car in the middle of the desert or on a remote mountain road.

She was released, alive and slightly battered. Many of us thought she was already gone for good.

I think it is highly possible that at least one of the captors had some compassion and let her go back home, still alive.

I don't think he's nutty, exactly. I think he's caught up in a movement which includes some magical thinking. I think it's well-suited to him, frankly, as he's a bit of a showman, but if his brain is telling him to avoid the FBI when in fact they could help him or use his help I don't see that as a positive. It doesn't instill any confidence, and I agree he's told some lies.

Please note I am saying this respectfully. I know members here attend churches like Bethel (or others) but there are also skeptics here. I'm not judging anyone nor do I mean to offend. Just applying some more observations to our ongoing examination of CG.

I think the reason this instance, raises a red flag is his claiming that he "dismissed" the FBI because he didn't need them.
The FBI is legally obligated to pursue whatever necessary to solve an investigation while keeping all parties as safe as possible. There isn't a chance in haides that they would have walked away just because CG (an untrained civilian) told them he's be fine without them. This is another instance of CG telling a tall one, IMHO.

Many radio stations give the time after news casts, before commercial breaks, etc. It's not uncommon to hear "This is John Doe, you are listening to WWWW, and it's 3:13 p.m."

Maybe she looked at her iPhone right before she was abducted and saw it was 2pm (or whatever). Then when they arrived at their destination she caught a glimpse of a clock, or a phone, or perhaps one of the perps was wearing a watch. She noticed it was 4:30pm.

To me that seems the simplest. As freaked out as she must have been in the SUV would she have been paying close attention to the radio or trying to translate Spanish to English? The abducters might also have been talking, or yelling at her, or not listening to the radio, and her head was covered. A lot was going on in that SUV.

Please don't be offended but 1:30 pm is "es la una y media de la tarde" but you are correct that it's not the same as knowing numbers 1-10.

But even if you do not understand all of the other words, you can pick out the NUMBERS. I think she would be able to pick out UNA and know it was 'one something' etc.

natsound, there are some real weirdos out there. The sadistic type that inflict terrible injuries to their victims, then bandage their wounds and comfort them. Best to keep an open mind until we learn more.

I certainly understand your feelings. However, I think not everything is black and white and many things are varying levels of gray. I can't answer your first question due to the ongoing nature of the investigation. I can say however, as we all know, SP is alive, and only one abductor released her.

Maybe I'm missing the point...how does the type of restraints hold any baring on how, why and who abducted SP?
They are common items. It sort of feels that the conversation about this is more about morbid curiosity than sleuthing.
Sorry...just sayin...

I was just answering a question with my opinion.

With so little information we have in this case I think its good to explore what little we know because we dont know where it could lead us.

It hasnt yet but if something gets turned up about the clamps that can lead to the identification of the kidnappers that would be a plus for this case.

Because she's not dead

Turkey Trots are pretty popular here in the South. They often benefit charities, are a family event with smaller races for the kiddos, and a really good excuse for overindulging later in the day. :happydance:

BIB: I have absolutely no idea....I'm on the other side of world and didn't even know a "Thanksgiving Day Race" existed until KP mentioned it in one of the articles.

But even if you do not understand all of the other words, you can pick out the NUMBERS. I think she would be able to pick out UNA and know it was 'one something' etc.

If you don't speak Spanish, and you're in the back floorboard with a bag over your head, and you are crying uncontrollably, and the DJ on the radio is speaking rapid-fire Spanish, and only says the time once... come on, be realistic.

Where it fits in is that she WAS released. She wasn't killed. It took some measure of humanity to do that.

Not if they had never planned on killing SP in the first place. Many of us have speculated the reason for the masks is because they never planned to kill her. There is no humanity in holding someone in captivity for three weeks and torturing them.

None of this makes sense, peeps! It goes in a circle! If A, then B. But that can't be true because of C. Well, what about D. That leads us back to A!

So, who here believes this might be the works of a serial killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member