Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm missing the point...how does the type of restraints hold any baring on how, why and who abducted SP?
They are common items. It sort of feels that the conversation about this is more about morbid curiosity than sleuthing.
Sorry...just sayin...

I am fairly sure that LE has already tracked down the maufacturer of the clamps, run #, where they were sold, and who bought them in Redding and out 200 miles... they are a big clue and probably the best evidence they have.

Morbid curiosity is my middle name ;)

THAT makes more sense to me, but who the heck knows? One of them may have been passed out on heroin for all we know. One of them might be dead.

Exactly. I have no reason to believe that one captor was more 'humane' or 'compassionate' than the other just because SP was reportedly dropped off by one captor.

This is Northern California we're talking about. It's probably 10 hours or more from the Mexico border. The demographics in Redding are 86% white and 8% Hispanic. There is no compelling reason for the average Resident of that area to know a lick of Spanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We usually take a language in high school.
Most take Spanish.

Did she?

Respectfully I think it sounds more like the stuff of TV or the kind of thing we would assign in hindsight. I don't think it's just as realistic for a NorCal white girl to pick out the time on a Spanish Radio station a couple of hours after being abducted.

And we don't even know that the radio was on or that it even worked.

But honestly, I live in the Texas Panhandle and have been exposed to so much more Spanish speakers than SP ever was. I place zero confidence in my ability to pick out the time from Spanish radio in a completely controlled setting, much less the kind SP faced.

Ok, we can agree to disagree.

I have no idea if the radio was on or not, or on a Spanish or English station either way. So it may be silly to focus upon.

My only point was that IF IT WAS, I think she would have been able to recognize 'cinco' as being 5 o clock.

I agree. I know a smattering of several languages such as Italian and Hungarian, and I'm fairly fluent in Spanish (having a large number of in-laws that I've known, spoken to, and watched telenovelas with for 30 years!); I doubt that in such a situation, my mind would be clear enough to pick out that they were telling the time. Even with my decent Spanish skills, if the DJ/reporter were speaking quickly enough, I may or may not understand everything being said b/c my mind would be in too much of a mess at being kidnapped to concentrate that deeply!

Combine that with (possibly) a ST abduction gone bad, massive publicity of your captive, significant rewards for someone willing to turn you in and the fact that kidnapping is an 8 year prison term vs a lethal injection gig and you might be able to bake a cake, even with a number of other ingredients missing.

Or could there have been a third perp who did all of the abusing, and these women were just the ones who just transported Sherri.

So, who here believes this might be the works of a serial killer?

I do. I presented the theory weeks ago. It's entirely possible this was all done just for fun, by somebody who usually kills their victims. Why not?

Not a very popular theory, it seems.

Another viable theory I've already mentioned is that there was a 'hidden' ransom and Sherri was taken to put pressure on somebody who cares about her.
For example, loan sharks may have been demanding repayment of a loan, and said they will keep torturing her until the loan is repaid.
Or drug dealers may have been demanding some drugs be returned to them.

I really think when and if this thing gets solved it's going to be something not being discussed here.

Jmo
I don't believe her abductors ever intended to kill her.
I think they went thru with their plan they did what they set out to do and released her.

I have no idea if the radio was on or not, or on a Spanish or English station either way. So it may be silly to focus upon.

My only point was that IF IT WAS, I think she would have been able to recognize 'cinco' as being 5 o clock.

She
may recognize the word cinco, but he could have been talking about anything besides the time. "We will have 5 days of straight rain", for example, or "5 men were convicted of armed robbery", etc.

Now, if we knew she was fairly fluent in spanish, then it would certainly be possible/likely that she'd have recognized the time being told.

To be fair, I took four years of French. I was even the Club President, and the only thing I recall is "Parle vous anglais?"

If you don't speak Spanish, and you're in the back floorboard with a bag over your head, and you are crying uncontrollably, and the DJ on the radio is speaking rapid-fire Spanish, and only says the time once... come on, be realistic.

My SUV has a digital clock on the center of the dash.

I would recognize "cinco" as being "five" but would have no idea if time was being discussed. He might be saying something totally different that just had the number 5 in it. Like "if your name is Pablo Escobar, call me in the next 5 minutes and you win $500.00"

They might have had Sirius/XM. They don't give the time because it's nationwide. Same for any other syndicated radio that isn't live and local.

The motive in this case is unknown and I have been struggling with why the female perps kidnapped her and may have even been part of what happened to her.

One thing someone else brought up made me think of a possible motive.

There was talk here that she may have run in the CASA runs. Is it possible she was maybe a volunteer for the CASA organization. And my understanding is the children in that organization sometimes are from families where they were abused or neglected. Which tells me that maybe the children were taken away from their moms and/or dads by child protective services.

So one possible motive could be a mom or dad or both that felt their child was getting too close a relationship to someone that now befriended them and if they got really upset about it and couldn't do anything about it since CASA and CPS were in control of the child.

Its one of the few possible motives that I could think of where a female perp could have reason to be mad at someone. Especially if they had visitation rights and the child would maybe call the caretaker mom instead of their real mom.

I couldnt find if she was a volunteer for them or not. So its probably too far in left field of an idea. We can scratch this if its too far of a foul ball idea.

I do. I presented the theory weeks ago. It's entirely possible this was all done just for fun, by somebody who usually kills their victims. Why not?

Not a very popular theory, it seems.

Another viable theory I've already mentioned is that there was a 'hidden' ransom and Sherri was taken to put pressure on somebody who cares about her.
For example, loan sharks may have been demanding repayment of a loan, and said they will keep torturing her until the loan is repaid.
Or drug dealers may have been demanding some drugs be returned to them.

I really think when and if this thing gets solved it's going to be something not being discussed here.

I had thought about a hidden ransom also. My other theory is that they intended to kidnap someone else's loved one for ransom, grabbed her in a case of mistaken identity, then realized their mistake? The fact that there are so many possibilities doesn't help.

To be fair, I took four years of French. I was even the Club President, and the only thing I recall is "Parle vous anglais?"

I took 2 years of French in HS and 1 in college. Still can't parle it worth a merde.

I think it's possible one was in charge and said something like "I'm not getting out of bed at 3am, go get rid of her and be back in an hour."

I see zero evidence of humanity from either of them.

BBM

ITA! When we start seeing humanity in people like this... I think that's why the world is like it is today. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but c'mon!

I took three years of French and all I've got is "The House that Jack Built" and The Our Father. (Was taught by a very old nun.

Sorry for O/T

I don't think she was taken by serial killers. If so, why would they hide their identities? If they were serial killers, she'd be dead. I think that they may have intended to keep her, but after all of the media coverage, they realized keeping her would be too risky. It could be that the two women had a conversation and one wanted to kill Sherri, whereas the other one didn't, and so she sneaked out and released Sherri. Do we know how long Sherri's last car ride was, Lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper