Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend that refuses to post any pictures of her children on any type of online manner. Some people just do not want their children put out there.
I find it very strange that this case is so quiet. Find her and if she is voluntarily missing then they wasted some time and money but if she needs help time is of the essence and they need to be pushing for searches , pleading for anyone who talked to her before she went missing etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I find interesting is the lack of photos of her children.
Not me. A lot of people refuse to post pictures of their children online. It's a subject as early as pregnancy boards. There are some extra-curricular activities where parents cannot take pictures of their children if others are in the frame.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'd love to take an informal poll to get a sense of how Websleuthers are feeling about "Voluntary Missing".

If you think that is what we're dealing with in this case would you please THANK this post?

My gut tells me no.
No.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Was she registered to vote? Most people last week were so consumed by the election... (looking for future plans)

You're assuming it was a traditional preschool and not a daycare. Big difference. If she just took them to daycare for a few hours, she could drop them off at any time of day, and pick them up at any time before 6PM (or whenever). If a traditional preschool that typical runs roughly 9-12, yes, the 11AM jog would be odd timing.

I thought I read somewhere that it was determined by someone (le or family member) that it was definitely preschool.
I must have been mistaken.

My husband would not want a pillow as an anniversary gift. It seems like something you'd get from your grandmother.

Hi everyone!

Several posts have either been edited or removed.

Please remember that comments on MSM articles or Facebook posts are off limits.

Also, please remember the following from The Rules

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

:tyou:

Why bother partially wrapping a gift if your plans were to disappear?

Why bother partially wrapping a gift if your plans were to disappear?

Agree. And if she wanted to make it look like she was interrupted or something, she'd have probably created more of a scene in the house.

The half wrapped gift could be totally unrelated to this, though. Maybe she was interrupted by a phone call and then just forgot what she was doing before the call.

I thought I read somewhere that it was determined by someone (le or family member) that it was definitely preschool.

Or I could be!

The FIL confirmed it was pre-school. Preschools and daycares have kind of merged almost. The one I used for pre-school had several different options ranging from 3 hours, shift 1, shift 2, 2 days a week or 3 or 4 or 5, extended care which would make it full time, etc. The point being we don't have any idea what hours of the day her kids went to preschool but traditional pre-k hours of 9 to 12 aren't so traditional anymore.

I have a feeling this case is going to end up being a copycat who got his inspiration from the nut job in South Carolina that had the woman chained up in a cargo container. At this stage, we can only hope that he is a sex fiend and not a cold-blooded killer.

Also, based solely on common sense, if the cops had one shred of proof that this woman simply walked away from her life or is in hiding, the first people informed of that would be her husband and family. If this information was told to them, then most search efforts, media interviews, and pleas for information would cease fairly rapidly. It hasn't ceased or slowed down at all, and the family is pushing even harder to get the word out and keep her name in the headlines.

I'd love to take an informal poll to get a sense of how Websleuthers are feeling about "Voluntary Missing".

If you think that is what we're dealing with in this case would you please THANK this post?

My gut tells me no.

I've said it before. No

I realize this could come off wrong... but was the pillow as a gift significant in some way? It could be something really cool that she made him. But could it also have been symbolic? Think about it... an American flag pillow as an anniversary gift. It was election season at the time, maybe he was into politics or simply patriotic. Maybe the kids helped make it. I think it has potential to be a tell, though, esp since partially wrapped.

My gut tells me no.

Nope. This case is going to be exactly what it appears to be. She was stalked and grabbed.

He could have been under pressure to find a politically correct term to encompass drug addicts, rapists, sex offenders, homeless, etc. You can't say "I think a druggy took her" because what you really mean is that someone living on the dark side took her and you have no idea who. Difficult to verbalized as you do not want to offend peoples' sense of social justice and alienate people who could help find her, but also you want to communicate that there is a lot of criminals in your area.
I don't like the term "low lifes" either but I understand where her husband is coming from. It's very disturbing and scary to have your community overrun by meth and heroin addicts and the crime they bring with them. Although they are sick people, they are living a "low life" in every way and it seriously impacts everyone else. It's especially difficult if you've lived in a peaceful and pleasant community like Redding for a long time and see such dramatic changes in the population. It causes anger and fear. The term "low lifes" really has more to do with those emotions than with socioeconomic snobbery IMO. This is also happening in Medford (aka Methford) OR and Eureka (Eur-tweaka)CA, all in the same general area of northern CA and southern OR.

I doubt she was abducted by a drug addict. I would sooner assume sex trafficker (also a problem). But I'm sure locals use the term "low lifes" a lot to express their disgust with what has happened to their community. So I cut them some slack in this stressful situation.
JMO

http://www.redding.com/news/meth-st...rd-drug-of-choice-ep-374758320-354152841.html

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/police-p...ploding-in-redding_20160513183750184/11211007

I don't know that we know it was an anniversary gift. Maybe since she homeschools also, she was talking about government with her kids and they made the pillow together as part of the lesson.

My gut tells me no.

I don't feel as though I have enough information to form a conclusive opinion, but I am 75% 'no' based on what we know right now.

IMHO, it is more unlikely than likely for a woman with young children to 'voluntarily' disappear without her cell phone, car, and some extra cash. If she was super stressed-out and just needed some time to sort things out, she would have turned her phone off and taken it with her, IMHO. She has family who loves her, apart from her husband and children. It's hard to believe that she would put them through all of this worry. But we don't know enough to rule out that possibility.

OTOH, if she was abducted, we are left with by whom, when, from where, and why?

I hope we get some answers or some clues very soon.

they are 2 and 4 and were AT preschool. But maybe you're on to something... half wrapped because KIDS would "help" wrap it too... after school/daycare.
I don't know that we know it was an anniversary gift. Maybe since she homeschools also, she was talking about government with her kids and they made the pillow together as part of the lesson.

Agree. And if she wanted to make it look like she was interrupted or something, she'd have probably created more of a scene in the house.

The half wrapped gift could be totally unrelated to this, though. Maybe she was interrupted by a phone call and then just forgot what she was doing before the call.
I'm still thinking she made it home after jogging and was interrupted by either hearing someone on her property or at the door. She may have thought it was Keith and been surprised.

I think her phone at that intersection was thrown there. If you were going to kidnap her there were far more secluded places along her route. Not sure i can get it to post but there is clearly a house within view of that intersection. Why risk being seen? However that would be the logical route to drive out away from her home.

JMO

f0a7f62e4a2135a3dc0cf54144526323.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads