Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he came home expecting her to be there (after receiving text "are you coming home for lunch"). When she wasn't there, he called daycare to see if she had already picked up the kids, or was somehow there at the time (he was probably confused why the car was there) When he found out kids were still there, he used "find my iPhone" to see where she was just to get an idea. I don't think it's odd that he didn't call her; he probably didn't want to bother her if she was on a run. I know A LOT of people (including my husband) that do NOT wanna be bothered when they're running or busy doing something. Perhaps he went to the FMIP location to meet up (especially if it wasn't far from home) and made the discovery that she wasn't with the phone.

This all sounds plausible to me. The average person doesn't automatically assume that something is wrong or that someone has been kidnapped just because they aren't where they are expected to be. But the scenario sure changed once he found he the phone. I personally think to a non-familial abduction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have not read anything about him calling, however, according to the report below, he did text her phone before using the app.

Keith says he texted his wife again
, and when she didn’t respond he used the Find my iPhone application and located his her cell phone and earbuds about one mile from their home, near the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive. The earbuds reportedly had strands of Sherri’s hair on them.

http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

You just never know. Here in my state of MI the case of Jessica Heeringa. There wasn't any clue for years. Scary to think...
Ugh. That would be the absolute worst case scenario. Awful. Wish I hadn't googled that. Was her body ever found??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do two-year-old children go to preschool? And if it was preschool, it usually means Monday to Friday, doesn't It? I'm asking because I don't know.

The school my kids went to had day care and pre school. They covered it all.
U could do one day three or five half days or full days.
But I don't understand why it matters.

The school my kids went to had day care and pre school. They covered it all.
U could do one day three or five half days or full days.
But I don't understand why it matters.
I don't think it does. I think she was just curious.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've used Google Maps to look at the area and I agree it doesn't really look like a good spot for a kidnapping, which it appears to be a relatively busy intersection and it was in the middle of the day and as we've heard there's lots of witnesses around. Ever since the beginning I've been suspicious of what happened due to the location of where the phone was found and especially with this happening during the day where apparently plenty of people saw her. Given how she was seen over a span of 3 hours, I see it as a realistic possibility that she herself put it there, which was why she was seen over so many hours.
Her husband describes her as being aware of her surroundings. So, she must've been caught unsuspecting from behind by one or more people. That's the scenario he imagines. But you're right about this intersection not being a good spot (and in the middle of the day!) for a kidnapping.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...t/news-story/da136a4cce452e98209ce5b89972c7db

November 11, 2016, 12:35 PM

The Redding Record Searchlight reported the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office is dedicating nearly all its investigators to the case as well as some Redding police detectives. The sheriff’s office has said they are still trying to determine whether the disappearance was “voluntary or involuntary.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sherri-...usband-of-northern-california-jogger-cleared/

I know this is not a direct quote from LE, but it sounds like they are still unsure of what has happened

Do two-year-old children go to preschool? And if it was preschool, it usually means Monday to Friday, doesn't It? I'm asking because I don't know.

It's different depending on what you want. But my children went tues/thurs 9-12 to preschool when they were two. At three MWF and at four they went five days a week. All 9-12. They did offer "lunch bunch" from 12-2 where I took them and at age three they could start attending that for an added fee. The place my children attended was strictly a preschool- no food provided etc. obviously no "school" from 12-2 as that was aftercare and not an every day occurrence for most that attended. The majority of moms I knew from there were stay at home moms. The only working moms I knew of were working at home.

But I've had friends that used a daycare center/preschool- because there was school from 9-12 but the center had before and after care so the hours were flexible like open 6-6. So they got the benefits of preschool and daycare if they needed longer hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was voluntary, then she either took cash with her in order to survive, or she took off with someone else, or she had a plan to end her life somewhere private. The last option seems more likely at this stage, IMO. That is, if her leaving was voluntary. If she was abducted, then she could be almost anywhere.

Yes, some preschools accept 2 yr olds. And it is not necessarily mon thru friday. Mine went Tues/Thurs when they were 2 and 3. Then they went Mon/Wed/Fri when age 4.

Could she have run away and is now afraid to come home?

Hmmm. I don't think jogging with earbuds is being fully aware of your surroundings. JMHO.

No. But it doesn't necessarily mean she couldn't hear anything, including vehicles. I wonder if she ran against traffic, so that vehicles on her side of the road would be coming toward her. Regardless, my guess is that people think they're more aware than they really are.

November 11, 2016, 12:35 PM

The Redding Record Searchlight reported the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office is dedicating nearly all its investigators to the case as well as some Redding police detectives. The sheriff’s office has said they are still trying to determine whether the disappearance was “voluntary or involuntary.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sherri-...usband-of-northern-california-jogger-cleared/

I know this is not a direct quote from LE, but it sounds like they are still unsure of what has happened

Interesting. I think I'd be pissed if I were the family, wondering why they couldn't rule out a voluntary by now. Makes you wonder what they know.

I wonder if and when they'll release the 911 tape.

I'm still concerned about it being called "voluntary", especially if it's based on emails, etc. If I was to go missing, and someone was to read my emails they'd probably see a lot of "I need a vacation", or "I need to get away"...not to mention my google history of looking at details of cases like this one! It doesn't mean that I'm considering leaving my husband and kid...just venting frustration after a long week, after a stressful moment, or whatever. I wouldn't want someone to stop looking for me based on what I might have written during a bad week.

IMO I also think if it was some tweaker that snatched her there would have been more evidence, signs of a struggle, more sloppiness I guess. They're not exactly known for being "organized"

Agree about the lack of evidence not being tweakerish (new word?). I can't imagine she would be abducted by a tweaker or heroin addict...unless they were at her home to steal something they could sell for their next fix...and she surprised them and they subdued her before she could put up a fuss. At that point, because she's so pretty, she could have been abducted for the money she could bring in being trafficked or to be their sex slave, which has happened. Or to silence her. :(

I wonder if any single or divorcing male acquaintances moved from that area within the past few weeks/months.

I'm still concerned about it being called "voluntary", especially if it's based on emails, etc. If I was to go missing, and someone was to read my emails they'd probably see a lot of "I need a vacation", or "I need to get away"...not to mention my google history of looking at details of cases like this one! It doesn't mean that I'm considering leaving my husband and kid...just venting frustration after a long week, after a stressful moment, or whatever. I wouldn't want someone to stop looking for me based on what I might have written during a bad week.

Exactly! And if you look at my pinterest you'll find quotes like "Be careful or you'll be a strange smell in the attic." If you don't know me, and that I have a very dark, sarcastic sense of humor, it could be interpreted badly. And if you saw my foodie board you'd assume I was 500 lbs ... Pah! :D Not everything in someone's life can or should be taken so literally. It's just one piece of an entire puzzle.

If this was voluntary, then she either took cash with her in order to survive, or she took off with someone else, or she had a plan to end her life somewhere private. The last option seems more likely at this stage, IMO. That is, if her leaving was voluntary. If she was abducted, then she could be almost anywhere.

Suicide gets my vote.

Agreed. If she were going to just walk off, there would be need to create a scenario while jogging. She could've just as easily staged an abduction from the home. I immediately disconnect headphones from my phone after walking/jogging, so the theory of being abducted at home and the cell phone w/headphones attached doesn't make sense either. A local RSO or sex trafficker is where I'd look.

Nope. This case is going to be exactly what it appears to be. She was stalked and grabbed.

You'd think the justice system would flip the classification around. They say not enough evidence of foul play so they classify it as voluntary. Shouldn't they wait. Shouldn't they classify it as suspicious circumstances until they have concrete evidence that they left voluntarily? It doesn't seem right. They should be searching high and low until they have PROOF that she left on her own. I haven't seen that proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member