Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have their icloud account linked he can use that feature to find her phone. I've used it on my daughter's phone to find mine when I have misplaced it.

My 18 year old, and my husband and I all can find one another on the find my iPhone feature. My son will randomly send a text asking if he can come eat with us when he sees we are at a restaurant. I find nothing suspicious with using it by the husband. We use it as a tool here a lot, as to not text if we think they may be driving also. My husband will ping mine if I don't answer a text or call because it has a much louder and persistent tone. We use it a lot, and for reasons other than spying on one another (except for the kid, I track him all the time)

Thank you for writing every single thing I was thinking myself! Your one adjective was right on: FRANTIC

In trying to rule in/out the husband, I seemed to be focusing in on when he found her phone. Knowing that he immediately thought abduction, I am trying to gauge what one would do upon discovering the phone on the street with the intense belief that she was abducted from that very spot. My first instinct would be to call 911 from that exact spot and insist that the police come to that location so I could show them the phone and earbuds are laying there on the ground to convince them that something bad had happened and to take me seriously. There is no way that I am leaving that area for any reason without knowing for sure that she was nowhere in the immediate vicinity. I would frantically search up and down that location, I would knock on doors to see if anyone saw something, I would call people out to come help me look. I would be yelling her name in case she was injured nearby. The bottom line is if I believe my wife has been abducted and I find her belongings laying on the street, I am all over that area like a dog on a bone until I am 100% sure she is not there. You would literally have to drag me away. Wouldn't you be the same way? The combination of the belief there was an abductuon and the discovery of her items on the street would trigger the sense of panic and obsession with that location, IMHO. His behavior in this critical timeframe should tell a lot of his potential involvement or non-involvement. So, do we know 1) Did he call the police from that location or did he go home or somewhere else to call? Did he insist that the police come out to the location to see the phone on the ground? Did he ask them to come out and help him look? Did he knock on neighbors doors? Did he scour the area himself looking for her or other items of her's? Did he call and ask family/friends to come help look? Did they have to drag him away from that area kicking and screaming. I recognize that exactly what one would do in this situation would vary from one person to another; however, leaving that area without a thorough search would seem to me to be highly unusual for an innocent person. Does anyone know what actions KP took upon discovering the phone/earbuds? Personally, I am leaning towards him not being involved, but I recognize I am going against the odds.

Are there any vigils being held? Ground searches by family and volunteers? Signs being posted? I find it so interesting that it was suddenly decided that she was no longer in the area, when stastically in the majority of abductions, murder / confinement occurs within 25 miles. They could cover a lot of ground, search abandoned buildings, vacant land ....

Just hmmmm.

http://www.krcrtv.com/community/prayer-service-held-for-missing-shasta-co-mother/146325491

Her sister said she was training for the 'superrun' , it's probably part of the outfit she had made for herself.

Either that, or it's from a child's Halloween costume, and has nothing to do with this case.

It's not a piece of clothing at all. The pink part is clearly that thin, plastic tape that they use for stuff like surveying, to mark stuff. The band of it on the left is held in place with two little sticks that are shoved into the ground, one at either end. The loop to the right clearly has a knot in it.

I'm guessing this is a makeshift evidence cover to prevent the media from getting pictures of the actual evidence.

Also tips on pg 4, 12 and 18 on the log for Nov 8, published today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's an interesting read. kind of tells you about the community. lots of neighbor disputes seems like. Our police are saints. what they have to deal with. I did see a mountain lion tip as well. Another one that was odd, a lady reported someone might have been trying to grab her, and she is about the same description as Sherri, so she wanted to report it. I think she said odd calls, and it was back in october. you never know what odd tip will break a case.

So family stopped the official volunteer/public searches Sunday into Monday. Obviously from sheriff logs they are still out there searching on a smaller scale.

Keith takes a polygraph test Monday. We got a minor update from LE on Monday and another today stating KP is not a POI.

Sheriff cannot determine or will not publicly state if she is voluntarily missing or not.

They are still reviewing footage, emails and phone records according the the most recent article.

Now what?! Where is Sherri?

http://www.redding.com/news/crime/S...ses-lie-detector-test-400619061.html?d=mobile

it's an interesting read. kind of tells you about the community. lots of neighbor disputes seems like. Our police are saints. what they have to deal with. I did see a mountain lion tip as well. Another one that was odd, a lady reported someone might have been trying to grab her, and she is about the same description as Sherri, so she wanted to report it. I think she said odd calls, and it was back in october. you never know what odd tip will break a case.

Yes, Shasta Co logs are always a fascinating read..

Keep in mind anyone reading that there are reports of other missing persons (MP) in the logs so have to read carefully to make sure they are referring to Sherri

Yes, Shasta Co logs are always a fascinating read..

Keep in mind anyone reading that there are reports of other missing persons (MP) in the logs so have to read carefully to make sure they are referring to Sherri

Yes true, but the ones i noticed where either directly referenced to the name Papini or referenced to MP from Mountain gate.

there is one that reports a pink running shoe found about 6 miles away from search area, i believe on the 4th. the mountain lion seem to be reported by her family. we might all find something interesting if not important from calls thought not to have anything to do with this case. something out of place.

The Find My Phone app also creates an alert sound in case u have lost your phone and are looking for it nearby. However, it will work even if your volume is down or phone is on silent. My daughter used this feature in an emergency in order to make my phone make a sound, since I was in a meeting and it was on silent. If I couldn't find someone, I wouldn't think twice about using the app in order to send the alert sound. It's rather loud.

Really? I can't imagine anyone other than myself knowing my passwords, it works for us. There is no reason for anyone to "get into my phone" or my cloud. When the net was new, people shared accounts. I would have no reason to know my spouses passwords as well. We like our privacy I guess?
My point in a round about way was how often did he track her iPhone to check her location. And; why did he contaminate the scene? Was his DNA found where the clumps of hair were? I'd like to know. I can't believe there isn't more current news about her.

Hi All,
My husband and I have separate iPhones. 2 separate iClouds, HOWEVER, we have an iPad, which has our "joint" email acct (bills, etc). We BOTH have that email (and cloud) linked to our personal phones so we can view the joint mail on a separate devices. He lost his phone a few months ago and was able to use the find my phone feature from the iPad to locate it. We can't access each other's iPhone clouds. So it's possible it's the same situation here.

I also agree with those that feel a mountain lion would leave too much evidence behind. And an abductor would not want her to have her phone out of the fear that she could access it or that it would be used for tracking. The abductor theory is the most plausible one, IMO. I was hoping that she was injured, not severely, and trying to get help but the phone would still be in her possession. Praying for her and her loved ones.
I almost wish that she left on her own accord, because that would mean she's safe, but I don't get that impression.

My hangup is the lack of CCTV evidence of her in the area. That makes no sense. MOO.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

If the husband is now cleared, what more does LE need in order to consider this an abduction? Time is wasting. It took forever for LE to say Jessica Heeringa had been abducted, too. By the time they decided she didn't leave on her own with a secret fling, she was likely dead. Public / volunteer searches weren't allowed in her case, I forget why. That one was just plain WEIRD ... from my home state of Michigan. A suspected serial killer has been arrested in connection with her murder, though she has never been found.

My hangup is the lack of CCTV evidence of her in the area. That makes no sense. MOO.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

It would have to be a home security system. No businesses in the area.

It would have to be a home security system. No businesses in the area.

That's a problem. All of our cameras are facing towards our property and not out to the road. I don't know how others monitor though. I was surely thankful of the home that caught Ruben Ebron ditching his car before running back to his place to report it stolen in the Lonzie Barton case though. Helped to crack that case wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB