Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone posted this link previously without comment. It explains how the search was conducted and mentions that Sherri had prior work ties to Humboldt county, home to petite blonde missing women FWIW. (Not suggesting a connection to these cases). Although this was a well-organized, exhaustive search, it couldn't have included private property. So there are obviously nearby places she could be, whether this was abduction or suicide.

"Totten and Studebaker have a history of doing search and rescue in Humboldt and Trinity Counties. Totten said that at least 100 volunteers showed up to help search. “[This] included K9 units, ATV’s, two private helicopters, a private drone as well as volunteers on horseback,”

Totten and Studebaker organized the search into teams of ten in order to cover grids in a one mile radius of Papini’s home. Then the next day the team covered an expanded area–a three mile radius. Teams were taught to call in possible evidence finds.”A group of people with evidentiary training would follow up and make sure no evidence was tainted,” explained Totten. However, nothing pertinent was found.

“We ruled out that [Papini] might be injured or needing help close by,” said Totten. “Now it goes back to the law enforcement continuing their investigation.”

http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-h...lieved-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

[video=youtube;WAXl57JtDhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXl57JtDhw[/video]

Husband interview

I spent a lot of time looking at Sherri's pics and going through her Pinterest account. Based on comments from her family and what we have been told about her, I find it so UNLIKELY that she would leave her kids. I just cannot see it. She really does seem like a devoted "full time" mom. Having your kids at preschool doesn't change that one bit. She seems crazy about those kids -- someone is keeping her from them. I remember having a conversation with a girlfriend a few years and we discussed this as well -- both of us said yes .. we could walk out on our husbands (even though we were and are happily married), but NEVER our kids. I told her if I disappeared and left my kids ... I am dead. PLEASE LE ... FIND HER!!!

Read back, his work day has been accounted for by LE, yes there is GPS in the car/truck they drive.

I have read most everything...

I was just thinking that a trip home for lunch would be more difficult if accommodating a working partner dependent on the same wheels as KP...

Read further.... you will see that I am glad they DO work in pairs... for safety reasons...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that people traveling North East or East might also take this road, but it would be for the same reasons listed above.

I spent a lot of time looking at Sherri's pics and going through her Pinterest account. Based on comments from her family and what we have been told about her, I find it so UNLIKELY that she would leave her kids. I just cannot see it. She really does seem like a devoted "full time" mom. Having your kids at preschool doesn't change that one bit. She seems crazy about those kids -- someone is keeping her from them. I remember having a conversation with a girlfriend a few years and we discussed this as well -- both of us said yes .. we could walk out on our husbands (even though we were and are happily married), but NEVER our kids. I told her if I disappeared and left my kids ... I am dead. PLEASE LE ... FIND HER!!!
BBM

Read about Jennifer Huston, missing 12 days, found dead by suicide, leaving behind two young children. Excellent article. Terribly sad case. I'm not implying that I think Sherri committed suicide, but we can't rule it out just because she has kids and looks happy.

Why would Huston -- seen beaming in family photos -- leave behind a family who appeared to love her, especially two children, ages 2 and 6?

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/08/jennifer_huston_many_who_didnt.html

I'll add that I think it's someone that lives along her normal jogging route and is familiar with her routine.

I stated two days ago.......dig into the local property owners and look for single men that live alone along that route. I would be willing to bet we have been staring down at the top of his house on the map.

OR...this is their normal path/drive to work. Such as to the concrete place I pointed out on my "area of interest" map. Not accusing anyone, just theorizing.

BTW, I am on the same page with you Steelman. If it looks, acts, and smells like a duck....
Pretty, petite blonde gal in a cute pink jogging suit. Personal items found, no sign of her.
I will be shocked if this is anything other than an abduction, and shocked if she if found too far from where the intersection mentioned. I pray I am wrong.

The intersection where the phone was found is actually not that busy especially at this time of day. Anyone who drives on this road, either lives back there, works back there, is taking the scenic route, is lost, or is taking what they assume to be a shortcut since the road is not as busy and they can drive fast over there without the Highway patrol seeing them.

Also, it is very possible that the phone was thrown out there. If someone who lived back there abducted her, it would be a great spot to place the phone so that everyone would think that she was taken away from the area.

I circled the main highway that runs parallel to show you the route where people normally drive when traveling North or south in the area.

attachment.php

I don't think she was taken in the place her phone was found. I think the person who took her either placed it there or tossed it there when driving off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she was taken in the place her phone was found. I think the person who took her either placed it there or tossed it there when driving off.

I agree.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that people traveling North East or East might also take this road, but it would be for the same reasons listed above.

I have read most everything...

I was just thinking that a trip home for lunch would be more difficult if accommodating a working partner dependent on the same wheels as KP...

Read further.... you will see that I am glad they DO work in pairs... for safety reasons...

As far as I'm concerned, if they do work in pairs at this particular Best Buy, it means he only goes home for lunch if it's the end of his work day.

It seems highly unlikely that he would bring a co-worker home for lunch.

I feel like if it wasn't normal for Sherri to text her husband and ask if he was coming home for lunch, he would state that. It didn't seem like he was puzzled by the text.

There is always another monster out there. Don't jog alone. This is not to blame the victim. I have, though my friends and I vow not to. I live on the opposite coast, though things are no different here. We are safe until we are snatched.

I jog and hike alone all the time. While these abductions of joggers and rapes and assaults happen, I don't believe they are common enough for it to be a risk worth me giving up something I need to be mentally and physically healthy. Going with others doesn't do it for me because I need the peaceful solitude.

How to Keep Safe

But there are many things women can and should do to keep safe. All of which I do:

1. Let someone know where you are going, your route, the time and when you plan to be back.

2. Stay super alert. Do not wear earbuds or be on the phone, distracted. Pay attention to people behind you and approaching. If you run with a dog, pay attention to their body language - if they alert on bushes, there is something or someone there. If you feel that someone's movements or body language or actions seems off, trust that damn instinct and veer away from them, and go to where you are highly visible, even if it is in the middle of the road, as long as you can safely do so.

3. Carry protection. I wear a karambit, similar to the one at link below, around my neck. It's easy to pull out with one hand if danger approaches or you are struggling with an attacker. I also carry mace. If I sense someone approaching or something seems off, or I just have a bad feeling, I have the mace in my left hand, with my finger on the trigger, so I can turn and spray in an instant. This is also because I hike in mountain lion country. Although the human predators are much more of a risk. See link below for how that works. I think it is imperative that women have two forms of easy to carry and use weaponry. One that can be seen and one that cannot.

4. Do not be a victim. Women need to learn this and there are many ways to do so. Learn to use your voice. We don't have to be polite all the time. We don't have to give up our space to men all the time. Walk or run, not like a wilting flower, but with power and confidence. Claim the space you are using. I keep my body language strong and aggressive. I keep my head up and I make sure to make grim eye contact and stare down any male approaching or lurking around. If they lurk behind me, I turn my body to face them, not timidly, but with a strong chin up, and with strong, intent eye contact. I will walk defiantly facing backwards if I know no one is in the direction I'm walking, staring at the threat and letting them know I see them and they cannot take me by surprise.
Understand this - no man ever has a right to approach a woman alone anywhere, to ask for help or directions or a light or whatever. Even during the day. I have learned to be impolite and not act like women are typically taught - to be accommodating and helpful. If a man approaches me when I'm alone, broad daylight or not, I use my body to keep him away from me, and my mouth. I put a hand up in the stop motion and loudly say, in an unfriendly manner, "What do you want?" If they persist, I tell them, "Go ask a man, dude." On a few occasions I have done this while working on my car or my property at my house and have probably offended or scared off neighbors. One man came up to me as I was sanding, when no one else was around. I stopped, turned to face him and said. "What's going on?" very unfriendly. He asked if I had seen his dog. I coldly told him, "No" and signaled the conversation was over. He actually was looking for his lost dog, which turned up. I don't care. No one can mess with me and everyone knows it.
On another occasion, when I was alone at night years ago when I was young, a man tried to approach me from across the street to ask for a light. I yelled at him, "Fu%% you!" He stopped in his tracks and stayed on his side of the street, retreating the other way.
Keep a bike or bench or wall or anything you can in between you and he. And do so obviously but without fear. Predators look for victims they can target based on body language. They don't want a noisy fight. They want prey.

Take a self defense or assertiveness training class if this seems hard to do.

The Three T's - Test, Threaten, Transport

And most important, know well the Three T's.
My dad taught me this as a child. The Three T's are what predators always do when they attack.

First: Test
. Predators always test their victim before the attack to see if they are good prey. That's where innocuous things like driving slowly by their prey, or asking a polite question come in. Do you have a light? Do you know the time? Do you know where this address is? If you smile politely and answer, you have passed their test. If you avert your eyes or smile at them as they pass by, you have passed their test. Don't pass their test. Be vigilant and defiantly unapologetically aggressive when you are being tested. Chin up, squinty, angry glare, absolute refusal to accommodate.

Second: Threaten
. Predators after you pass their test, will threaten you in some way. They might make a scary comment or joke about how they like to harm people (this could be someone you know). They may simply get too close physically or touch your body or car or dog, whatever. They invade your space. They pull a gun. Every single one of these things is a threat to you. You must react with aggressive rage.
Do not acquiesce. A man makes a joke or comment about hurting someone? You respond, "I'd love for someone like you to try something like that on me. I'd cut off your balls and shove them..."
A man touches you or your belongings? "HEY! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" Shout. Loud and angrily. I don't care if you think they're harmless, or they bumped into you on accident or whatever. Do it. Note that they will sometimes threaten you when others are around before following you to attack you elsewhere so be prepared to make a scene in public if you have to.
Someone pulls a gun on you and tried to force you to go with them? Scream, fight, yell, "Go ahead and shoot me! HE'S GOT A GUN!! I;M BEING ATTACKED!" You have a better chance of survival if shot in a public place than you do if you allow yourself to be transported. Which brings me to...

Third: Transport
. A predator will never rape or kill or torture you where they found you. Whether by gun or force, they will always transport you to another location, even if it just behind a wall. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE TRANSPORTED. YOU WILL DIE.
Predators are not going to be merciful. If you allow yourself to go with them or be bound or carried off, your chances are over. I would much rather bleed out in the street than be repeatedly raped and tortured for days before being decapitated. I am going to choose the manner of my death and not allow them to choose it for me. Chances are, if you struggle hard enough, they will run. Do not allow yourself to be transported, whatever you do. Drop to the ground, claw their face, bash them in the head with the claw hammer you should always have in your car. Run them over. Mace them. Knife them. Do not be transported.

I hope you all enjoyed this lovely public service announcement. Peace.

Here is the knife:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5-MTECH-T...d66bb48&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=191238675962

Here is how to use mace effectively:

[video=youtube;jpB7jrJ7Zds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpB7jrJ7Zds[/video]

Wow those wedding photos are amazing.
Was this her first or second marriage, if second is it normal in US to have such a huge one, here second marriages are way more low key.

I think it just depends on the couple. More likely to still have a large wedding, I would think, if one of the two had not yet been married to allow them to experience it too. Also age of the couple. Older previously married couple might downplay it - but it think it's "normal" either way.

I think lunch depended on what area they were workig.if he was close to home he would go home and I think he would bring his work partner along.

I'll add that I think it's someone that lives along her normal jogging route and is familiar with her routine.

I stated two days ago.......dig into the local property owners and look for single men that live alone along that route. I would be willing to bet we have been staring down at the top of his house on the map.
One of the four registered sex offenders within a mile of her home is along her jogging route. Within a few minutes of her house, actually, if he still lives there.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Looking at the aerial view of the area, it's amazing how much open land there is. Not sure how much is privately owned... but it's seemingly impossible to say that she couldn't be there anymore. That they've searched all of it. It's trees and hills and mountains that go on and on...

Looking at the aerial view of the area, it's amazing how much open land there is. Not sure how much is privately owned... but it's seemingly impossible to say that she couldn't be there anymore. That they've searched all of it. It's trees and hills and mountains that go on and on...

Helicopters and a drone were used.
How much could they see from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members