Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that really bothers me is why she would have a permit to carry a hand gun. Does Keith too? Who was she afraid of?

Do we know she has a concealed carry permit?

I just checked out her pinterest (here), and on a board called "One Tough Mama" she does have several pins of handguns, and several more of concealed carry equipment. One of the handguns in a Ruger LCP .380, which would be a perfect choice for jogging.

And I looked into the practicality of CC while jogging, and it is very doable. You just get a smaller, lighter handgun, like the Ruger LCP, and some kind of specialized holder.

I also recall reading Sherri liked to wear a jacket while jogging so she would sweat. There could have been a 2nd reason for that jacket, as it could potentially make CC pretty much invisible.

I don't think you have to be scared of anything in particular to have your CC. I have mine. I think it's a wonderful thing for educated , trained and level headed people to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent work on this thread everyone.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Tricia

[emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376]Sherri deserves to be given the correct and most logical designation. I hope she will be changed to "unknown" or "suspicious circumstances."

Yes especially as time goes by... if it were a suicide one may have expected to have found her by now since she would've been on foot :( I wish they would act like it is an abduction... it doesn't feel like they are acting as if a terrible predator is on the loose

Do we know she has a concealed carry permit?

I just checked out her pinterest (here), and on a board called "One Tough Mama" she does have several pins of handguns, and several more of concealed carry equipment. One of the handguns in a Ruger LCP .380, which would be a perfect choice for jogging.

And I looked into the practicality of CC while jogging, and it is very doable. You just get a smaller, lighter handgun, like the Ruger LCP, and some kind of specialized holder.

I also recall reading Sherri liked to wear a jacket while jogging so she would sweat. There could have been a 2nd reason for that jacket, as it could potentially make CC pretty much invisible.
My father carries a Ruger LCP in his pocket. It is ALWAYS there and I have NEVER noticed it. In fact, the few times we've gone somewhere that he can't take it inside, like the courthouse for car tags, I think how can I NOT see that in his pocket! He's sitting in the driver's seat, and carries in his right pocket. It is small, too small for me, but packs a punch at the range. I prefer the Glock 17, but I don't think I could jog with it.
My opinion is that she didn't have it with her.
Could the fact it might be missing be evidence that her disappearance is voluntary?
I can't imagine LE commenting one way or the other about it being located in the home or not.
All MOO!

Haven't finished watching it, but it sounds over dramatic. Newspapers & reporters get things mixed up all the time. I have personal experience with the local paper her in Shasta County misinforming the public. It can happen anywhere.

Maybe one of the reasons is that she was selling clothing online. I don't know if strangers possibly met up with her or if she mailed the items.

It looks like from her Poshmark site that she video tapes the packing process to eliminate fraudulent claims, it sounds like she generally mails the items.

However, this does not mean that she never met any customers locally, we have no way of knowing except for the family.

Can I ask, graphically how close is this to Ember Graham? I ask because once I started following that case, I found a disturbing pattern in how missing person cases are handled in that area. I also could see a reason for a Concealing carry.

If I wear earbuds I only wear one.

Oh! Smart! I hadn't thought of that. But I can't do it because it gives me a horrible feeling to only have sound entering one ear, for some reason. But it's a smart idea.

Anyhow, welcome here. Can you speak to local sentiment about what happened and what people feel about the safety of the area and crime rates there?

I agree that if this was suicide, a body would likely have been found by now. The thing that stands out most to me right now is that even with a lot of items found, the search dogs haven't tracked any scent. This seems to point to her getting into, or being forced into a car. My question is, wouldn't the dogs have reversed tracked her back to the house? It leaves the possibility that she was in a car the entire time and that the items were left intentionally to literally throw off scent. Still could be either a runaway or an abduction, but an abduction at the house, not the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring