Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should do a poll listing the pro-kidnap theories, and conduct a reverse vote in which the least-likely ones can be discussed and summarily discarded, and the winner -- the most likely -- is achieved through the process of elimination.

I don't know why. They are pretty easy to see. I spotted them in the streetview images right away. I believe they are also usually very well lighted and easy to see at night. They are useful even if if you are using a cell phone to report an emergency. Because you can give the operator the box number, and they should know right where you are. :thumb:

jpx7ie.jpg

Vandals break those phones sometimes. Plus they are not that noticeable at night. Especially when you are running frantic with a million scary thoughts on your mind. Jmo.

Btw. Sometimes you spend 20 minutes looking for your car keys while they are sitting right there in plain view. Jmo.

I truly question being "dropped off" because if your that scared to describe your abductors, your not going to walk over a mile on public roads knowing they may come back at any time for you. So I still think we are being thrown off course and I think she may have ran from a location knowing abductors wern't around in the middle of the night such as drilling company.

I have been in that situation, and you (or I do) know most people are good. Had I seen them I would have run and hid.

But I stood there waiving my arm for anyone to pick me up.

My situation was NOT as bad as Sherri's sounds to be.

You can't judge anyone on their behavior when or after something bad happens. We all act differently.

Thank you to whoever posted the timeline/ case map!
Trying to catch up because I feel something is off here, and it has to do with the CG guy and the and who it was started by.

It's a real mystery, but I think at least Sherri is 100% innocent.

Someone should do a poll listing the pro-kidnap theories, and conduct a reverse vote in which the least-likely ones can be discussed and summarily discarded, and the winner -- the most likely -- is achieved through the process of elimination.

Indeed, and "Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected."

MOO

Thankfully she wasn't dropped off on the highway! They had a degree of compassion when letting her go.
After what was done to her the only thing I can rationalize is $$$$$.
MOO

There is a FB profile with her name and picture uploaded on 10 Dec. If her she was notnin jail on 10 Dec.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Does this link have to be accessed on IE?

Thankfully she wasn't dropped off on the highway! They had a degree of compassion when letting her go.
After what was done to her the only thing I can rationalize is $$$$$.
MOO

Or the captor(s) wanted to minimize the chances of being seen stopping on the interstate and wanted a chance to get some distance before SP was discovered.

My understanding is that she was dropped off on 17 not far from some dark houses a bit west of the drilling company which I speculate is what she thought was a wrecking yard in the dark and in her disoriented state. When she was picked up she was North of the intersection on I-5, not South as your location 4 shows. She didn't know exactly where she was, but she somehow knew she was South of Redding. According to a family member she went North on the on ramp because she knew home was to the North and she ran, not just walked, to a streetlight on I-5 in an attempt to be more visible as she was trying to flag down vehicles.

OK, thanks, but have you looked at the streetview of that area? The nearest houses on that road are about a half mile on the other side of a heavily wooded area. The houses look very nice, and they are near to the road. Are you telling me that SP ignored those houses to walked a half mile down a dark road through a wooded area?

Question 2. If she was released on Road 17, why does the news video show so much investigation going on the Interstate, near the southbound exit ramp?

Question 3. If she walked north on Interstate 5, why did the Sheriff's Department despatch repeat multiple times that she was on northbound I-5 just south of Yolo? I understand that the dispatch can make mistakes, but the information was never corrected, and the officers seemed to have no problem finding the scene "south of Yolo".

Finding Sherri Papini - Yolo County Sheriff's dispatch

Question 4. So SP had a general idea where she was at? i.e, south of Redding? How did she know that? Was she able to see out of the car?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you could somehow verify the accuracy of the information and clear up some of the discrepancies, we might be able to figure out what direction the car was traveling when SP was pushed out. That might help pinpoint areas to look for suspects.

Wow, media is really trying to keep the momentum going in this case. Every "new" report is just a rehash of old information.

I don't see any similarities except they knew each other and went missing. There are so many girls and women missing in Calif, especially around Humboldt Co

Or the captor(s) wanted to minimize the chances of being seen stopping on the interstate and wanted a chance to get some distance before SP was discovered.
I wasn't thinking about stopping, I was thinking "throw mama from the train'....

I myself have skipped a few pages so I apologize if you already brought this up.....
But what if she was "Never" dropped off at I5 and 17 by a vehicle, if you do a satellite search of that exit and zoom in on the "junkyard" you can see storage containers on the property. What if she actually was held there and broke free during the night, she would have chains on her, not many injuries, ran over to church, then to highway, but yet she is to scared to identify her abductors or to scared to say she was held at that junkyard knowing future consequences. I know a lot of these threads have talked about, truck drivers, storage containers, chains, all junkyards have those, and junk yards are filled with crime, makes you wonder

I would think she would be more scared not to identify them, if she knew who they are.

There's a shortage of young, vulnerable runaways for sex trafficking, apparently. So who knows.

Maybe the grow operation wanted her for quality control. As KP said, she is meticulous about things. Makes a great pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, if this was a random crime of opportunity, do people think that these women were driving around the area hoping for a woman alone?
Nobody else was ever approached AFAIK.
Do you believe they drove the area more than once looking for a victim or got lucky on their first drive through?

I truly question being "dropped off" because if your that scared to describe your abductors, your not going to walk over a mile on public roads knowing they may come back at any time for you. So I still think we are being thrown off course and I think she may have ran from a location knowing abductors wern't around in the middle of the night such as drilling company.

I'm also not buying that she was dropped off at those houses, and I don't think the investigators are either. If they did, they would have set up a crime scene on Road 17, not in the middle of busy traffic on I-5.

Easy to see doesn't necessarily mean you're going to notice it. I usually don't notice things I don't really have need of.

I think she made the smart move. She wasn't in good physical shape, not sure where she was. Covered the least ground, put herself by a sign where she could be noticed but not run over, where likely the first motorist, if they didn't stop, would at least call 911 when they saw her in chains and waving something. Better to do that Than walk an indeterminate distance to a call box whose location you don't know. She did the safest thing to get help the most quickly IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have been scared of accidentally flagging down a serial killer or someone. Especially after what happened the last time a random vehicle pulled up near her.

But if you are dropped off, what else can you do? It's dark, there's not much around and what is there is dark (houses) or closed (church). Your choices are to pretty much walk to where the traffic is and get help or sit down where you were dropped off, where they know exactly where they left you, and wait until morning. Neither is a good option but I'd take the opportunity to get away from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, thanks, but have you looked at the streetview of that area? The nearest houses on that road are about a half mile on the other side of a heavily wooded area. The houses look very nice, and they are near to the road. Are you telling me that SP ignored those houses to walked a half mile down a dark road through a wooded area?

Question 2. If she was released on Road 17, why does the news video show so much investigation going on the Interstate, near the southbound exit ramp?

Question 3. If she walked north on Interstate 5, why did the Sheriff's Department despatch repeat multiple times that she was on northbound I-5 just south of Yolo? I understand that the dispatch can make mistakes, but the information was never corrected, and the officers seemed to have no problem finding the scene "south of Yolo".

Finding Sherri Papini - Yolo County Sheriff's dispatch

Question 4. So SP had a general idea where she was at? i.e, south of Redding? How did she know that? Was she able to see out of the car?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you could somehow verify the accuracy of the information and clear up some of the discrepancies, we might be able to figure out what direction the car was traveling when SP was pushed out. That might help pinpoint areas to look for suspects.

This is the view looking east from the first set of houses on County Road 17 west of the drilling company. You can barely see the overpass for the I-5 interchange in the distance. The Kingdom Hall (Church) and I-5 entry for Redding are on the other side of the overpass. The sound and headlights of the vehicles on Interstate I-5 would have been evident in the predawn hours of Thanksgiving Day.

This is the view looking west from the first set of houses on County Road 17 east of the I-5 interchange. You can see the I-5 overpass and Kingdom Hall (Church) very easily.

This is the view as you walk west on County Road 17, from the nearest house on CR 17 east of the interchange, towards the I-5 interchange. You can see the Kingdom Hall (Church) on the right and the entry sign for I-5 towards Redding.

That matches my knowledge of the release. Perhaps it is mistaken as some suggest, but that was SP's recollection at the time we spoke.
That clarifies things for me, thank you so much Lake

I've updated the Case Map

And I made and added this little diagram. Note that I have marked where SP was located, I hope that is correct, it is the only streetlight that is on the NE side of the junction.

vr3f3a.jpg

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members