Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I agree, she could have seen the sign for Redding. But Lake16 said she could also see vehicles on the Interstate. Looking at that picture it is clearly impossible to see any vehicles on I-5 from that area. To say nothing about all the trees that would have been between her and the Interstate, if in fact she was dropped off a half mile to the west. I'm still finding it very difficult to believe that she was released on Road 17.
Did she say that SP could "see" vehicles or that she could "hear" them? I've searched through notes and just can't find anything.. but I thought I remembered Lake16 saying that SP could hear traffic on I5. Not challenging, just asking.

ETA: found Lake16's post saying SP saw and heard. But of course, she would have been able to do both by the time she got to the overpass.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-20&p=12999846#post12999846

OK, I agree, she could have seen the sign for Redding. But Lake16 said she could also see vehicles on the Interstate. Looking at that picture it is clearly impossible to see any vehicles on I-5 from that area. To say nothing about all the trees that would have been between her and the Interstate, if in fact she was dropped off a half mile to the west. I'm still finding it very difficult to believe that she was released on Road 17.

I seem to remember a statement made that SP first approached a house with lights on (don't remember why she didn't attempt contact), then proceeded to the "junkyard", then to the church. The "junkyard" has a yard light at the corner of co rd 17 and co rd 97F. After the house, she may have been able to see that light and headed there. The '"junkyard" is adjacent to the southbound on/off ramps and that possibly would have given her the view of I5 vehicles.

(snipped for brevity)

Not having studied the google maps, I'll ask this: is it possible that she could at least see headlights? At 4 am it might be difficult to see the cars themselves but when she said she could see and hear she might have meant the lights.

As for skipping the houses... after having been presumably confined in some space for 3 weeks, maybe she wanted to stay out in the open air thinking that was safer than a random house. If I were abducted by strangers, I think my mindset would be that bad dudes are everywhere, so at least stay out in more public view. Also the tendency to be a "good girl" and not awaken a homeowner, whereas people on the road are awake already.

I don't think she could have seen the headlights over the hill and trees from that area, until she got to the entrance ramps. It just doesn't make any sense, that she walked past houses to get to a highway, that she couldn't even see.

11ijuaf.jpg

Image source

I seem to remember a statement made that SP first approached a house with lights on (don't remember why she didn't attempt contact), then proceeded to the "junkyard", then to the church. The "junkyard" has a yard light at the corner of co rd 17 and co rd 97F. After the house, she may have been able to see that light and headed there. The '"junkyard" is adjacent to the southbound on/off ramps and that possibly would have given her the view of I5 vehicles.

Can you please link to where you saw or heard the sequence that has her going to two other places and then the church....thanks

Good point about the light. There is a yard light, well situated to illuminate the sign.

It's right there on the corner of co rd 17 and co rd 97F. Also, take a look at the modular building to the right (east) of the yard light (let's see if I get my left/right west/east correct this time). Looks like possibly a modular office building? You can see a shadow under the eaves in the area that has no window. Is that a motion detector light? Or, maybe, a security camera? Here's that view:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.735...4!1saUHkxDqO-OghPN2w6jiRaA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I don't think she could have seen the headlights over the hill and trees from that area, until she got to the entrance ramps. It just doesn't make any sense, that she walked past houses to get to a highway, that she couldn't even see.

11ijuaf.jpg

Image source

She could likely hear cars and trucks passing by, imo

“Sherri obviously has one free hand that still has some kind of, something like a hose clamp if you will, and then took obviously the bag off of her head,” Keith said. “She, at this point, has no idea where she's at, and gets up and basically tries to find help, runs to a house that didn't have any lights on, and didn't look what she said was very inviting, looked scary, and obviously if you could imagine her state of mind at this point.”

Keith continued, “There was a junkyard or some kind of yard or something like that that she tried to get into and a big dog started barking and scared her, and then she went and familiarized herself with where she was at by standing in the overpass and noticed I-5 symbols and she knew that I-5 North is where we live. Anything past our house, you're up in Mount Shasta area.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

I'm guessing lE is withholding. JMO.

It was the Sheriff that first mentioned the church...in fact, just the church....so why would he now hide information that his own statement was confirmed?

OK, but that still ignores the fact that there was heavy presence of LEOs on I-5. The news pictures of Road 17 don't show any LE presence at all. Wouldn't you think they would have blocked off the road and set up a crime scene if they believed she was released at that location?

BBM. I need some help clarifying something. I may have missed this because I am no behind but the only indication that I have seen so far they did not find anything in the church video came from a church member interview. Has LE confirmed that church member's statement? How do we know that she was not seen on video according to LE? Below is the only statement I have seen on the video from the church. TIA to anyone who can give a LE statement on the video.

https://kobi5.com/news/police-continue-to-investigate-sherri-papini-case-41011/

IMO, the 'church member' would not have intentionally misstated anything. As far as the video cameras go, I'm wondering how extensive the coverage is. It's possible she may have tried the side door that faces County Rd 17 instead of the front door that faces 99W. If so, perhaps the camera coverage has gaps that missed her. The front could have gaps as well, for that matter.

11ijuaf.jpg

Image source

JMO
Trying to put myself in that position and my biggest fear would be the kidnappers changing their mind and coming back to get me which is why I think I would knock on the closest doors I could even if it risked me confronting a mad homeowner.

I could understand if she was afraid of the homeowners at that early morning hour. Its scary to knock on strangers doors in the dark because they may bring a gun to the door and think you are there to do them harm so I can see if she maybe was afraid to knock on doors.

I cant remember if it was reported whether she tried knocking on any homeowners doors or not. If she knocked on one then I agree that it would make sense to knock on more than one.

I would be very afraid to go to the highway because I would think the kidnappers could have turned around and come back to get me.

We always see those scary movies where someone jumps in a car and then realizes the driver is not who you think it was. On top of that I would be afraid of a random person picking up a damsel in distress and having harm done from a random person.

The bottom line is I would probably knock on closest doors until someone came out. If I could get no response from anything after trying multiple homes then I may also sit in the bushes and wait till daylight. My biggest fear would be of the kidnappers coming back and having daylight would mean more safety for me.

Everyone is different though.

The homes were dark and she was scared. She saw and heard vehicles on the freeway and headed towards them. She said she stopped on the middle of the overpass to try to figure out which way to go. She saw the church and tried to get into it with no luck. I do not know why video did not show her there according to LE. Perhaps the cameras are on motion sensors and somehow she didn't trigger them or there was a malfunction on the camera. Exiting the church she very well may have seen the "Redding" sign at the on ramp entrance. She has travelled I5 a lot , I5 north of Reddng is very different than I5 south of Redding due to the topography and vegetation. If someone told me they were on I5 and saw an orchard nearby like the one she would have passed near the drilling company I would immediately tell them they were South of Redding somewhere.

She also may be totally mistaken due to her condition at that time.

Lake16 - Carrying over something I posted in the #19 Thread only in case you didn't see it.. (Not because it requires a response).

In thinking about whether she was taken to &/or held in an urban area or a rural area, I'm wondering about some things that you may or may not know but might be worth exploring with SP that she could think about and then share with LE.

What she heard or did not hear and maybe smelled or did not smell could be important. Some thoughts:
Did she hear sirens frequently or infrequently?
Did she hear planes &/or helicopters overhead frequently or infrequently?
Could she hear the sound of natural water?
Could she smell any industrial type of odors?

Maybe this line of thinking will trigger others to think of other questions.

It was the Sheriff that first mentioned the church...in fact, just the church....so why would he now hide information that his own statement was confirmed?

Why would he have to confirm to the public what he already said? I know he mentioned Sherri going to the church. That wasn't my question. My question was, has the sheriff mentioned specifically that the video at the church did not show anything? My guess is the sheriff sees no reason to publicly state anything about the evidence they found or the evidence they may not have found. He doesn't seem to want to share too much about what LE knows. JMO.

My question was, has the sheriff mentioned specifically that the video at the church did not show anything?

When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko noted Monday that his agency had not phrased it that way.
"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

I am surprised with walk, not run or "jog."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/12/12/broken-system-means-millions-of-rural-americans-exposed-to-poisoned-or-untested-water/94071732/

Can someone please tell me the significance of the tan or beige SUV in the call logs?

Also, KP states on 20/20 that he called 911...but they didn't log it....any ideas?

IMO, the 'church member' would not have intentionally misstated anything. As far as the video cameras go, I'm wondering how extensive the coverage is. It's possible she may have tried the side door that faces County Rd 17 instead of the front door that faces 99W. If so, perhaps the camera coverage has gaps that missed her. The front could have gaps as well, for that matter.

I don't think the church member would have purposely misstated but I also don't know if that church member actually watched the surveillance video. They may have simply handed it over to LE and LE did not tell them anything so they are assuming they found nothing on video. IDK. I just would be more comfortable if we had a statement from LE specifically on the video before we speculate that Sherri lied or was mistaken about going to the church. It's possible she was confused as well and didn't go there but LE taped the church off with crime scene tape so they had reason to believe she went there at the time the sheriff made his statement to the press about it.

Did she say that SP could "see" vehicles or that she could "hear" them? I've searched through notes and just can't find anything.. but I thought I remembered Lake16 saying that SP could hear traffic on I5. Not challenging, just asking.

ETA: found Lake16's post saying SP saw and heard. But of course, she would have been able to do both by the time she got to the overpass.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-20&p=12999846#post12999846

Lake16 said, "She saw and heard vehicles on the freeway and headed towards them." Here is the post. Assuming that is true, and I have to reason to doubt Lake16's word, it's not the same area. Because no way could she have seen vehicles on the other side of the hill.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?324201-CA-Sherri-Papini-34-Redding-2-November-2016-20&p=12999846#post12999846

It's right there on the corner of co rd 17 and co rd 97F. Also, take a look at the modular building to the right (east) of the yard light (let's see if I get my left/right west/east correct this time). Looks like possibly a modular office building? You can see a shadow under the eaves in the area that has no window. Is that a motion detector light? Or, maybe, a security camera? Here's that view:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.735...4!1saUHkxDqO-OghPN2w6jiRaA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Bear in mind the streetview images are from May 2012. A lot can change in 4 1/2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966