Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE said they did not see her on the church cameras.

Neither Sherri nor her abductors were ever seen on any of the surveillance cameras ... not at all when she was jogging ... the vehicle was never seen ... she isn't seen after being dropped off. It's uncanny. I'm not even being snarky. It's just freaking unbelievable.

Lake16, why does KP not work for RR? Or perhaps he does?

Why is this important? Why would you expect him to work for his step-father (or is it his mother's boyfriend? IDK)? KP is a grown man with his own family and last I knew were still not allowed to sleuth RR or other family as they are victims under TOS. What he does for a living is not our business unless we think there was some fellow employee or customer who was unhappy with his work or someone who became obsessed with SP...

I give up....:sigh: ....BBL.

Sherri papini + church video is how I found the article. I posted it late last night. The article states "there was nothing there".

That was a quote by a church member though, NOT LE. Correct?

JMO
Trying to put myself in that position and my biggest fear would be the kidnappers changing their mind and coming back to get me which is why I think I would knock on the closest doors I could even if it risked me confronting a mad homeowner.

I could understand if she was afraid of the homeowners at that early morning hour. Its scary to knock on strangers doors in the dark because they may bring a gun to the door and think you are there to do them harm so I can see if she maybe was afraid to knock on doors.

I cant remember if it was reported whether she tried knocking on any homeowners doors or not. If she knocked on one then I agree that it would make sense to knock on more than one.

I would be very afraid to go to the highway because I would think the kidnappers could have turned around and come back to get me.

We always see those scary movies where someone jumps in a car and then realizes the driver is not who you think it was. On top of that I would be afraid of a random person picking up a damsel in distress and having harm done from a random person.

The bottom line is I would probably knock on closest doors until someone came out. If I could get no response from anything after trying multiple homes then I may also sit in the bushes and wait till daylight. My biggest fear would be of the kidnappers coming back and having daylight would mean more safety for me.

Everyone is different though.

I agree. I would never approach any rural house that has a gate on it, or looks like they might have guns or dogs. But the house on that road look perfectly safe. I would just knock and ask them to call the police for me.

I just don't believe she was at that location. It doesn't match with what she described.

When asked to elaborate on scanner reports that Papini, 34, was found "chained to something," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko noted Monday that his agency had not phrased it that way.
"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

Yes, that's what I remember him saying but the church was not mentioned in the 11/24/2016, 2 pm, afternoon press conference. The initial interview was done by the CHP not Shasta County LE. I remember Bosenko giving a brief video update reporting that SP was found and mentioning the church and then deferring additional followup to the 2 pm press conference.

Transcript of Bosenko Press Conference on 11-24-2016
Sacramento Bee
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article118083978.html

OK, but that still ignores the fact that there was heavy presence of LEOs on I-5. The news pictures of Road 17 don't show any LE presence at all. Wouldn't you think they would have blocked off the road and set up a crime scene if they believed she was released at that location?

Also, I don't believe the intent of the news pictures of co rd 17 that you linked were to show the location of where she was released, only a broad overview of what co rd 17 looked like. In looking at I5 from the overpass, there is a major curve to the south of the overpass. That curve would have allowed headlights from northbound traffic to shine down co rd 97B towards that area west of the "junkyard". IMO, they would have been visible from that direction.

Has the sheriff mentioned the junk yard or any other building? I posted the link to the article about the church video last night - it is up to the reader to judge validity. I choose to believe, for whatever reason, someone was mistaken about the church.

IIRC, she was talking about how KP lived with a mother and a sister and therefore knew how to live with a woman and it would therefore be easy for him, as opposed to her.

I've only seen the church member state that LE reviewed the church surveillance and there was nothing there. I have not read/heard LE make any public statements as to what was or wasn't captured on the church surveillance.

OT

I have the same issue and am wondering if someone can answer a question about smart phones and poor cell tower reception. (Snipped for emphasis)

I know this wasn't your main question, but I find this interesting:
"
4. They Live in a Rural area Where Violent Crime Had Been Soaring
The Papinis live in a rural area of northern California with barely any cell phone reception off the main road, Keith told PEOPLE.

When Keith tried to call or text Sherri the day she went missing and he tried to ping her phone, he had to get near the main road about a mile away near their mailbox before he had enough reception, he told PEOPLE."

VI srated that KP gave no interviews (that he was aware of), other than ABC after Sherri was found, so I am wondering about the source. Anyway....the "cell reception" question made me remember this article .
https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...-and-her-family/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

Nancy Grace thinks it's ridiculous to suggest that Sherri did all of this to herself. And she points to the lie detector that Keith took as proof he had no hand in it. So she's taking it at face value.

Didshe
mention CG at all?

A reporter spoke to someone at the church is my guess. Again, putting that together with Keith not mentioning the church during the demonstrated sequence of events on 20/20 led ME to believe someone was mistaken - not trying to convince anyone, just stating my take on it.

IMO, at that time, that LE did not specifically know the exact location of her release and concentrated their presence to the area she was seen by the passing I5 motorist.

Then how did the newspaper reporter know to go take a picture there. Do you think the reporter was ahead of LE? If that is the case, then the investigators are bungling this case.

Link won't work. But for those interested find shasta reports from 11 08 2016

I agree. I would never approach any rural house that has a gate on it, or looks like they might have guns or dogs. But the house on that road look perfectly safe. I would just knock and ask them to call the police for me.

I just don't believe she was at that location. It doesn't match with what she described.

Perhaps she thought the building in front of the drilling yard was a house (doublewide?, not sure what they're called) and then went past it, thought that was a junkyard, heard the dog barking, then reversed course over the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654