Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, she was talking about how KP lived with a mother and a sister and therefore knew how to live with a woman and it would therefore be easy for him, as opposed to her.

I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to or what it has to do with the church video

JMO
Trying to put myself in that position and my biggest fear would be the kidnappers changing their mind and coming back to get me which is why I think I would knock on the closest doors I could even if it risked me confronting a mad homeowner.

I could understand if she was afraid of the homeowners at that early morning hour. Its scary to knock on strangers doors in the dark because they may bring a gun to the door and think you are there to do them harm so I can see if she maybe was afraid to knock on doors.

I cant remember if it was reported whether she tried knocking on any homeowners doors or not. If she knocked on one then I agree that it would make sense to knock on more than one.

I would be very afraid to go to the highway because I would think the kidnappers could have turned around and come back to get me.

We always see those scary movies where someone jumps in a car and then realizes the driver is not who you think it was. On top of that I would be afraid of a random person picking up a damsel in distress and having harm done from a random person.

The bottom line is I would probably knock on closest doors until someone came out. If I could get no response from anything after trying multiple homes then I may also sit in the bushes and wait till daylight. My biggest fear would be of the kidnappers coming back and having daylight would mean more safety for me.

Everyone is different though.

I agree, that everyone is different. :wink:

If I had been held hostage, chained inside a dark basement, the LAST place I would want to go is knocking on some strange doors. I'd want to be FAR FAR AWAY from any unknown homes at that point.

I would much rather run free in the hopes of coming across a place where lots of cars and people could see me. She knew there was a highway somewhere close by. She could probably hear the traffic. I bet she felt safer running towards the cars than she did walking up to a dark house where she'd be alone with strangers again. JMO

UNSUB???

What on earth is an unsub?
It means the person watches or has watched some (perhaps a lot) of "Criminal Minds" because that term is used there a whole lot. I watched 1 episode in my life. Unsub = "unknown subject."

Jumping in before I get caught up so apologies if you guys talked about it ... Nancy Grace is in Dr. Oz discussing the case. Why I have no idea, I mean, Dr. Oz???? Okay back to catch up now!

ETA Sorry! Others beat me to it!!

That was a quote by a church member though, NOT LE. Correct?

Saturday they reviewed surveillance video from a church, the closest building to where Papini was found. Church members say there wasn’t much to see. They didn’t find anything.

-----IMO they were looking for evidence of the vehicle that dropped her off, not Sherri herself

Then how did the newspaper reporter know to go take a picture there. Do you think the reporter was ahead of LE? If that is the case, then the investigators are bungling this case.
If you look at the article again (http://archive.redding.com/news/loc...bc-89f5-2df4-e053-0100007f092f-403070046.html ) there are 3 other photos on the left side bar, along with a video. All of them are just broad overview pics/video of the area to give viewers an idea of what the area looks like. I think that's all there is to it. I don't think the reporter was ahead of LE.

I'm not understanding the importance of pinpointing the exact spot SP was walking or standing. Unless one is looking for buried treasure or is into geocaching, what difference does it make if she was walking 10 ft over to the left or 50 ft back to the right or walked in a circle? Is there doubt that she was really left in the area where she was found?

LE already has and knows the important bits--they know where she was left by her abductor(s), they know where she ended up flagging vehicles down, I'm sure they looked for any cameras along the path she would have walked/ran/jogged or stood both as she was taken and especially where she ended up on Thanksgiving.

Also, I don't believe the intent of the news pictures of co rd 17 that you linked were to show the location of where she was released, only a broad overview of what co rd 17 looked like. In looking at I5 from the overpass, there is a major curve to the south of the overpass. That curve would have allowed headlights from northbound traffic to shine down co rd 97B towards that area west of the "junkyard". IMO, they would have been visible from that direction.

Well there you go. That's the problem. All we have to go on is a broad overview of where she was released. If we can't find out the exact location she was released, which way the car was going, and maybe how long the kidnappers drove her to get there, then this thread is a total and complete waste of time. Trying to find a suspect with so little information is worse then trying to find a needle in a haystack.

They may have come from the North, the South, the West, or the East. They could have been driving for minutes, or hours, or days. We don't know.

So we are looking for two hispanic females from somewhere in Northern California. That leaves only about 11 million suspects. :facepalm:This might be the single most futile thread on WS ever, and I have seen some that were pretty hopeless.

A reporter spoke to someone at the church is my guess. Again, putting that together with Keith not mentioning the church during the demonstrated sequence of events on 20/20 led ME to believe someone was mistaken - not trying to convince anyone, just stating my take on it.

That could be. Or maybe 'the building' KP mentions in the 20/20 interview is 'the church' to which Sheriff Bosenko referred in his his initial post-release presser?

The account of what SP did after being pushed out of the vehicle is a little unclear to me. LE mentions a church specifically, but KP does not. KP mentions a generic building, but no church. KP doesn't mention a junkyard in the aired 20/20 episode, but the junkyard is mentioned in an ABC printed article related to the 20/20 interview...

Some of the seeming contradictions in direct statements appear to stem from personal language choices, media editing, and timing of the original source of information. I'm not sure if that's the case with the church, but it's something I've been noticing throughout this case.

Well there you go. That's the problem. All we have to go on is a broad overview of where she was released. If we can't find out the exact location she was released, which way the car was going, and maybe how long the kidnappers drove her to get there, then this thread is a total and complete waste of time. Trying to find a suspect with so little information is worse then trying to find a needle in a haystack.

They may have come from the North, the South, the West, or the East. They could have been driving for minutes, or hours, or days. We don't know.

So we are looking for two hispanic females from somewhere in Northern California. That leaves only about 11 million suspects. :facepalm:This might be the single most futile thread on WS ever, and I have seen some that were pretty hopeless.

At approx 04:35 on this video the reporter points behind her, indicating where SP was released...there's a sign but I can't make it out
https://youtu.be/0XxCS_ALJAA

I'm not understanding the importance of pinpointing the exact spot SP was walking or standing. Unless one is looking for buried treasure or is into geocaching, what difference does it make if she was walking 10 ft over to the left or 50 ft back to the right or walked in a circle? Is there doubt that she was really left in the area where she was found?

LE already has and knows the important bits--they know where she was left by her abductor(s), they know where she ended up flagging vehicles down, I'm sure they looked for any cameras along the path she would have walked/ran/jogged or stood both as she was taken and especially where she ended up on Thanksgiving.

I believe someone is doing a map....it is important to them and the map is an important piece of the puzzle ... the bigger picture... for others. Jmo

At approx 04:35 on this video the reporter points behind her, indicating where SP was released...there's a sign but I can't make it out

It looks like the sign that points to Redding.

It's the reports of 11 08 2016. I just have a download of report. Can't link on here.

But on page 4 a person makes a call to 911 and stated "tell sheriff's depth to take a good look for that missing girl at golden eye lane" then hangs up and won't provide any follow up info.

It's important for knowing which way the car was traveling when she was pushed out, and which way they might have been coming from. It would also help to know how long they were driving for before she was released. Without knowing that, they could have come from anywhere in California. We have more information about how long she was driven when she was kidnapped, then for when she was released.

If you look at the article again (http://archive.redding.com/news/loc...bc-89f5-2df4-e053-0100007f092f-403070046.html ) there are 3 other photos on the left side bar, along with a video. All of them are just broad overview pics/video of the area to give viewers an idea of what the area looks like. I think that's all there is to it. I don't think the reporter was ahead of LE.

IMO
The casemap link that shows 3 spots north of Sacramento are pretty close to where she was dropped off near 17. I think she was likely dropped off on Route 17 itself on that map. The question is where is the exact spot on that map and even if we knew the exact spot then how can it help us know which direction they came from and where they were headed.

If I had to guess then I am thinking they were holding her near Sacramento and then after dropping her off they headed back North and they live somewhere around Redding. Because she was taken in Redding so guessing that is their home base area.

I dont think they were holding her in Redding because I dont think they would have driven her so far south which is why I think they were holding her somewhere around Sacromento.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...ll=38.734159188748485,-121.8150651719177&z=15

Saturday they reviewed surveillance video from a church, the closest building to where Papini was found. Church members say there wasn’t much to see. They didn’t find anything.

-----IMO they were looking for evidence of the vehicle that dropped her off, not Sherri herself

The Sheriff said she actually went to the church and no one was there, them she went to the interstate....so they would probably be looking for both. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo