Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Redding and I have followed this case with interest. A few points people need to understand before attempting to make sense of this case.

Sherri's neighborhood is off a freeway exit that does not suggest that any residential neighborhood is anywhere near. I can not see anyone not familiar with the Redding area choosing that freeway exit to find a woman to abduct. It appears to be uninhabited wilderness. Actually, I can't see anyone familiar with the Redding area, choosing that area to look for someone to abduct so few people live there and hardly anyone would be visible from the street. If Sherri was abducted while out jogging, either she was specifically targeted (which suggest the abductors had local connections) or they were in the area for some other reason and the abduction was unplanned. No way they were in that neighborhood looking for a random woman to abduct.

Local people are very familiar with this case and the prevailing opinion is that Sherri is telling the truth, people want the abductors arrested and anger is directed at Cyber Sleuths who doubt her. Whatever suspicions Sheriff officers may have, I would expect them to publicly support Sherri's version of events unless they have absolute proof to the contrary.

While Redding and Shasta County are technically 8.5% Hispanic, there are no large employers who hire immigrant labor so there are no Hispanic neighborhoods and no insular Hispanic community. Most area residents who identify as Hispanic are English speaking, US citizens who have dispersed and integrated into the community. If there are any such Hispanic women who drive a Dark reddish SUV, I can guarantee that multiple reports have been made to Law Enforcement. Interestingly, law enforcement has not solicited information from the community. I cannot say definitively that there are no Hispanic gangs, or "girl gangs" but no such gangs have received any media attention.

Normally, Law Enforcement withholds information from the media when the investigation is progressing and they do not want anything to happen that tip off the targets of the investigation. If they hit a "brick wall", they will release more information in hopes of soliciting leads or forcing the suspects hand. So far, the tone is very much for the media and the public to Stay Out of the investigation. This would suggest that the investigation is going well OR there are " unusual" political forces involved.

<modsnip>

Thanks kemo, very informative. Have you seen or heard "dark reddish" SUV as opposed to "dark SUV"?

Not exactly MSM so I'll not sure if I can link. But there is good info just by googling "gang initiation" or "gang initiation urine." Besides urine, there's a reference to drinking the combined blood of the gang members.

I have Googled that. The only thing that comes up even close to that, is "10 Of The Most Terrifying Gang Initiation Rituals". It's definitely not MSM, and even then, it doesn't prove the point. But they do use the word "urine" on the page a lot.

The information I provided, is used on multiple police department, gang information webpages. I think my info is a little more credible, IMHO.

I have Googled that. The only thing that comes up even close to that, is "10 Of The Most Terrifying Gang Initiation Rituals". It's definitely not MSM, and even then, it doesn't prove the point. But they do use the word "urine" on the page a lot.

The information I provided, is used on multiple police department, gang information webpages. I think my info is a little more credible, IMHO.

Here is an excerpt from a published work on street gangs - lists the most common ways to initiate. Obviously the urine thing didn't make this list, nor did I say that urine is common.

http://people.missouristate.edu/michaelcarlie/what_i_learned_about/gangs/join_a_gang.htm

By the way, have you seen other articles that make the point that gang initiations today are really not what they once were anyway? For example, being a member for life and not being able to leave. Today, a member often can change affiliations and go to a rival gang with no repercussions.

Bottom line for me IMHO is that the gang angle has got to be at the bottom on the list of plausible theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know exactly what time she was abducted since we know that it was a 2.5 hour drive or so after the abduction?

Also. Do we know why the Xmas present was half wrapped or something?

Now I understand that you have to keep certain things close to the vest.

But It just seems like too many things are going unmentioned which doesn't have anything to do with damaging the case. Jmo.

So you offer a reward to find the perps.

But you don't tell the public the exact time that the abduction happened?

Come on.jmo.

We shouldn't have to guess certain basic things.

It's not common for anybody to be kidnapped, held weeks, then let go. This is a very uncommon case. We are looking at the uncommon. I don't think there has probably ever been an exact case, like this. But the other case, proves that gangs will kidnap and hold people for long periods of time. So the numerous statements in this thread, that no gang members would go through the trouble of kidnapping and holding somebody for weeks, is not consistent with facts.

Again, I think you are minimizing that gangs are insular - when they do commit crimes against individuals, it isn't typically a truly random individual but rather someone within their sphere - a rival gang, or a family member of someone who they tried to intice into the gang but were rebuffed, etc. Still looking for a gang case that closely matches the SP case and haven't seen one yet. Even if you find one, how many beyond that can you find before it becomes plausible?

If these were really two Hispanic women who did this, then my likely scenario would be this: they got fed up with life in America and had grudges against non -Hispanics. So they decided to get one at random from some location where they don't even have any ties. Drove to Redding area, saw SP and took her. Returned her after 3 weeks and may have left the country afterward. <modsnip>

I don't believe the above is what actually happened, but it seems more likely than the gang angle (call it the gangle for brevity :) )

Welp. Its obvious that SP was given some type of food and drink or water within the 22 days.

So did they feed her burgers from a store. Or rice or soup or what?

Did they just give her crackers and forced fed her or did they let her hold what she was eating?

Could she see what she was eating. Or was she still blindfolded for 22days?

Wouldn't being blinded for 22 days cause vision problems?

Now the hospital has lights. So did the lights effect her more?

Did Sherri say they wore bandanas over their faces?

I live in Redding and I have followed this case with interest. A few points people need to understand before attempting to make sense of this case.

Sherri's neighborhood is off a freeway exit that does not suggest that any residential neighborhood is anywhere near. I can not see anyone not familiar with the Redding area choosing that freeway exit to find a woman to abduct. It appears to be uninhabited wilderness. Actually, I can't see anyone familiar with the Redding area, choosing that area to look for someone to abduct so few people live there and hardly anyone would be visible from the street. If Sherri was abducted while out jogging, either she was specifically targeted (which suggest the abductors had local connections) or they were in the area for some other reason and the abduction was unplanned. No way they were in that neighborhood looking for a random woman to abduct.

Local people are very familiar with this case and the prevailing opinion is that Sherri is telling the truth, people want the abductors arrested and anger is directed at Cyber Sleuths who doubt her. Whatever suspicions Sheriff officers may have, I would expect them to publicly support Sherri's version of events unless they have absolute proof to the contrary.

While Redding and Shasta County are technically 8.5% Hispanic, there are no large employers who hire immigrant labor so there are no Hispanic neighborhoods and no insular Hispanic community. Most area residents who identify as Hispanic are English speaking, US citizens who have dispersed and integrated into the community. If there are any such Hispanic women who drive a Dark reddish SUV, I can guarantee that multiple reports have been made to Law Enforcement. Interestingly, law enforcement has not solicited information from the community. I cannot say definitively that there are no Hispanic gangs, or "girl gangs" but no such gangs have received any media attention.

Normally, Law Enforcement withholds information from the media when the investigation is progressing and they do not want anything to happen that tip off the targets of the investigation. If they hit a "brick wall", they will release more information in hopes of soliciting leads or forcing the suspects hand. So far, the tone is very much for the media and the public to Stay Out of the investigation. This would suggest that the investigation is going well OR there are " unusual" political forces involved.

<modsnip>

Thank you for sharing the local perspective, kemo -- very interesting. I have a few locality-related questions which I hope you can address.

1. It's unclear as to whether KP had to leave the house to get cell reception the day SP was reported missing, or if he was able to call/text her and activated FindMyPhone from the house. Do you know anything about reception in that part of town?

2. Do you think a vehicle could get to and from the Papini house or mailboxes without being captured on street or home surveillance video?

3. I personally haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Sheriff Bosenko is incompetent or not playing his cards right in this case (just the opposite, actually). Do you have an opinion or observation in regards to how he's generally perceived locally?

4. Do you get the sense that local residents believe CG is a straight shooter who was only trying to help?

5. Do you have a theory that you'd be willing to share?

TIA.

Street gangs and Motorcycle gangs are notorious for abducting women for unspecified periods of time and in many cases letting them go. It is not always tied to initiation.

Men abducted two women off streets in Northeast D.C. and the Shaw neighborhood of Northwest D.C. and sexually assaulted them last week in two separate incidents, police said.
In the first case, three men abducted a woman who was walking at Montana and Saratoga avenues NE about 8 a.m. Thursday, investigators said. The men forced the woman into an SUV.
"Two gentleman engaged the survivor in conversation, eventually grabbed her off the street and took her to an undisclosed location, where for several days she was sexually assaulted," Lt. John Haines of the Metropolitan Police Department said.
She managed to escape and call 911.

Source: Police: Men Forced 2 Women Into SUVs in DC, Sexually Assaulted Them | NBC4 Washington http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-by-Multiple-Men-388978332.html#ixzz4SvtaW2XS

If there are any such Hispanic women who drive a Dark reddish SUV, I can guarantee that multiple reports have been made to Law Enforcement.

This is one of the most troublesome components of this case. I think it is creepy, sad, and unfair that every Hispanic woman in Shasta County with a dark SUV has been reported multiple times to the police. I hope we will keep these women in mind, too, as we reflect on Ms. Papini's victimization.

It could be an allergic reaction to something. Maybe a chemical? A latex allergy if the captors had gloves on maybe? Maybe some form of "rug burn"?

Perhaps a drug of some kind as some side effects of drugs can result in what looks like a rash such as a penicillin reaction. It could also be from a fungal infection, something like ringworm, or some kind or a bacterial infection.

It is also possible that it is from being in the same position for a long period of time. You see that with bed-ridden people, for example, particularly the elderly where you will have what looks like a rash but usually the next thing that happens is a bed sore develops.

Knowing what it is, naturally, could possibly provide a little insight into where she was, what her captors did, something about the captors, or even something about their purpose or motive. I expect like many things we will be extremely lucky if we ever find out.

It could also be shingles from the stress of the abduction. JMO

Why would they wear bananas over their faces??:thinking:

I don't know
And I don't know that they did, but it has been mentioned several times
Perhaps to hide their faces????

This is one of the most troublesome components of this case. I think it is creepy, sad, and unfair that every Hispanic woman in Shasta County with a dark SUV has been reported multiple times to the police. I hope we will keep these women in mind, too, as we reflect on Ms. Papini's victimization.

Disagree. It's no different than if it were two white males with long hair (or whatever description you want to give) driving a dark SUV.

Has this latest article been posted ? I can't find it anywhere but haven't been on in a few hours.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...aid-papini-case-still-high-priority/212230817

That article was posted by AceDetective last night and re-posted a couple of times since, Canaancat.

It was good to read that evidence is being processed by the DOJ, but disappointing to see that no progress has apparently been made in terms of suspect descriptions.

P.s. Though the content was useful, I was a little surprised that any news outlet would release that piece with all of the spelling and grammatical errors therein; "think eyebrows" kinda made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie