Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. It could very well have been anxiety related. I broke out in hives from time to time when I was going through my divorce.

Agree. I, too, broke out in hives from time to time as I was going through my divorce. But they were smaller hives than the ones I broke out in as I was going through my marriage.

<modsnip>

The Snopes article says that there is at least one documented case where gang members killed random people as part of an initiation, and the above case is it. But they say it is extremely rare for gang members to be initiated in such a manner.

The Snopes article says that there is at least one documented case where gang members killed random people as part of an initiation, and the above case is it. But they say it is extremely rare for gang members to be initiated in such a manner.

Michael Jordan's father was killed off the side of highway in a gang initiation. It happens quite often. People may feel safer by not believing it to be true, but it does.

Gang initiation has involved attacking and murdering random people. I have yet to see an article where a random person is kidnapped for any length of time as part of a gang initiation.

Each crime is different. Killers and criminals do not follow a handbook. Who is to say it can't be this or that until evidence proves exactly which theory it is.

I really appreciate how so many work hard to back up their theories with links.
It is impressive

I can't back up anything I am saying, however, I will be surprised if there isn't a very personal element to this
Too many questions remain for me

Each crime is different. Killers and criminals do not follow a handbook. Who is to say it can't be this or that until evidence proves exactly which theory it is.

True but than anything under the moon is possible. It could be AARP is now organizing the kidnapping of people. I'm just saying this is not the way gangs or the AARP operate so I think the likelihood is zero.

SNOPES? Are you kidding me? The above quote IS NOT from snopes. Did you look up the victims names before referencing this and find this is a real story?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/140571/

No, I'm not kidding you, and Yes, it actually is from Snopes. (The URL in my Modnote didn't work due to an extra bracket.) And, yes, I did look up the victims' names. I provided the snopes link because your post did not include any links.

FWIW, my post showed that Snopes was confirming the Cheeseborough case was true:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/pullover.asp

However, there has been at least one documented case of initiation into a gang being effected by way of the murder of randomly-selected strangers. On 17 August 1998, Tracy Lambert and Susan Moore were abducted by prospective Crips ("baby gangsters" or "BGs") in Linden, NC, forced into the trunk of Moore's car, driven to a field outside town, and executed by being shot in the head. Earlier that evening, Debra Cheeseborough had been similarly abducted by the group and forced into the trunk of her car, taken to Smith Lake on Fort Bragg, and shot seven times in the back. Cheeseborough was left for dead but survived to testify against her abductors.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q...gh+had+been+similarly+abducted+by+the+group+"

Michael Jordan's father was killed off the side of highway in a gang initiation. It happens quite often. People may feel safer by not believing it to be true, but it does.

The news articles state that he was killed as part of a car theft. Can you provide a citation for this being a gang initiation? Gang related crime with a profit motive is not the same as what people are calling an initiation. This crime doesn't have a profit motive that we have been made aware of. It has been stated before that the description of one of the abductors had graying hair, which makes this even less likely as most gang members would be on the young side (and most young women would dye their hair if going gray at a young age).

While I can't make heads or tails of this case, I feel gang initiation/thrill is extremely unlikely- MOO

KP said SP had a rash in addition to her injuries. Do we have any idea where the rash was located or what might have caused it?

He said she was emaciated and covered in "multi-colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-mom-sherri-papini-addresses-rumors/94593338/
No, I haven't seen anything about the location or the cause of the rash. I have seen several posts since this one - speculation about cause, etc. Allergic reaction is plausible, imo; but not shingles so much. Chances are she would have had a chicken pox immunization some time in the last 20 years. And I wouldn't think shingles would be described as a simple rash. jmo

Street gangs and Motorcycle gangs are notorious for abducting women for unspecified periods of time and in many cases letting them go. It is not always tied to initiation.

Men abducted two women off streets in Northeast D.C. and the Shaw neighborhood of Northwest D.C. and sexually assaulted them last week in two separate incidents, police said.
In the first case, three men abducted a woman who was walking at Montana and Saratoga avenues NE about 8 a.m. Thursday, investigators said. The men forced the woman into an SUV.
"Two gentleman engaged the survivor in conversation, eventually grabbed her off the street and took her to an undisclosed location, where for several days she was sexually assaulted," Lt. John Haines of the Metropolitan Police Department said.
She managed to escape and call 911.

Source: Police: Men Forced 2 Women Into SUVs in DC, Sexually Assaulted Them | NBC4 Washington http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-by-Multiple-Men-388978332.html#ixzz4SvtaW2XS

Note the quote at the end: "Abductions of strangers are rare."

The article makes no mention of gangs other than a tattoo having the word gang in it. There is no indication that these men did this as a gang directive, or for any reason other than sexual assault. And they were males, not females.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I haven't seen anything about the location or the cause of the rash. I have seen several posts since this one - speculation about cause, etc. Allergic reaction is plausible, imo; but not shingles so much. Chances are she would have had a chicken pox immunization some time in the last 20 years. And I wouldn't think shingles would be described as a simple rash. jmo

Bedbug bites, perhaps?

Bites aren't rashes, but if there were many bites, perhaps it looked and felt like a rash.

Also, if she were wearing the same clothes while in captivity, I would think not being able to bathe or wash clothes would eventually cause a rash. ? IDK.

I'm wondering where the idea came from in the first place, that this is gang related in any way? I don't believe it is, but just wondering where that idea came from.

I'm wondering where the idea came from in the first place, that this is gang related in any way? I don't believe it is, but just wondering where that idea came from.

Because we have little information for a case that seems to defy all odds, so we're grasping at whatever straws seem possible, even if unlikely.

I don't think this was gang related.
IMO they intended releasing her.
Was it pay back of some kind?
An interrogation?
A cult.
Gangs wouldn't release her

Jmo

The news articles state that he was killed as part of a car theft. Can you provide a citation for this being a gang initiation? Gang related crime with a profit motive is not the same as what people are calling an initiation. This crime doesn't have a profit motive that we have been made aware of. It has been stated before that the description of one of the abductors had graying hair, which makes this even less likely as most gang members would be on the young side (and most young women would dye their hair if going gray at a young age).

While I can't make heads or tails of this case, I feel gang initiation/thrill is extremely unlikely- MOO

<modsnip> It is mentioned in many articles of the perps gang activity. It is known in the region to have been gang related.

I think it was someone this couple knows.
And it was done to send a message.
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members