Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was off the table back then too since a woman like Sherri Papini has zero value to sex traffickers and even less value (if that were possible) once there was interest in her disappearance beyond the immediate Redding vicinity.

Jackson says authorities have ruled out sex trafficking as a motive for her abduction. “Just on the facts that we know, it doesn’t seem to be a sex trafficking or a sexual abduction in nature, and that is what we are trying to figure out: What was the purpose?” he says.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-officer-says-papini-abduction-account-believable/

Off topic, but is People credible? I’ve seen them report and quote things from LE that other MSM hasn’t, and I’m curious why LE would tell People but not other news sources.

If so then they had the password to the phone(from KP?) - we know how hard it is to break into one of those. <modsnip> An he would have had the id/password for the find my phone to work.

KP was being very cooperative, and still is, so if a password was needed I'm sure he assisted.

You said LE so far believes her. Once again: So? That's irrelevant to the issue of how SP's history and personal dynamics may be tied to this case and what happened to her.

You seem to think those issues only matter if one doesn't believe she was a victim here. But that's not true.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about my post. I think that LE have looked at SP and KP closely and so far they believe she is a victim.

I'm not saying that any issues they may have doesn't matter when obviously LE has taken that into consideration. JMO

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about my post. I think that LE have looked at SP and KP closely and so far they believe she is a victim.

I'm not saying that any issues they may have doesn't matter when obviously LE has taken that into consideration. JMO
I&#8217;m with you. LE believes that two complete strangers abducted SP while she was jogging. How could SP&#8217;s psychological condition (which, for all we know, has been relatively stable for the past decade) be relevant? Her captors knew nothing about SP before abducting her. SP didn&#8217;t go out jogging hoping to be abducted. I don&#8217;t get it. :confused:

Jackson says authorities have ruled out sex trafficking as a motive for her abduction. &#8220;Just on the facts that we know, it doesn&#8217;t seem to be a sex trafficking or a sexual abduction in nature, and that is what we are trying to figure out: What was the purpose?&#8221; he says.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-officer-says-papini-abduction-account-believable/

Off topic, but is People credible? I&#8217;ve seen them report and quote things from LE that other MSM hasn&#8217;t, and I&#8217;m curious why LE would tell People but not other news sources.

I think People is credible if they use a direct quote and the quote you posted is Shasta County Sheriff&#8217;s Office Sgt. Brian Jackson. In the magazine most of their celebrity and feature stories seem to be legit and researched, not so much scandal and speculation like some of the others. (People is one of my read in the car road trip magazines.)

Inconsistency alert!

http://www.insideedition.com/media/...-missing-mom-believes-she-was-kidnapped-37558

In this video, the woman who first saw SP on the side of the road says she was wearing a tee shirt. The most recent reports from LE say she was in a sweatshirt. Ridiculous! Which is true?

I think it was kind of dark and the woman was driving by not stopping and getting a good look. Maybe she thought it was long sleeve t-shirt, which might have looked like a sweatshirt.

Where did the truck driver first take her? Because if it was to the hospital they would know for sure what she was wearing when she got there.

Do you think they will release a photo of the brand on her shoulder? It seems that they cannot figure out what the 'obscure' lettering is, but with millions of people in the public that are following this case, I'd bet if it were truly a 'message' like Bosenko stated, someone would be able to decipher it or know exactly what it means/stands for. Just a thought.

I think People is credible if they use a direct quote and the quote you posted is Shasta County Sheriff&#8217;s Office Sgt. Brian Jackson. In the magazine most of their celebrity and feature stories seem to be legit and researched, not so much scandal and speculation like some of the others. (People is one of my read in the car road trip magazines.)

Thanks! I wasn’t sure... I don’t usually read people so I didn’t know if they maybe turned into an USweekly type mag or not. I agree that if it’s a direct quote it is more likely to be legit.

I think it was kind of dark and the woman was driving by not stopping and getting a good look. Maybe she thought it was long sleeve t-shirt, which might have looked like a sweatshirt.

Where did the truck driver first take her? Because if it was to the hospital they would know for sure what she was wearing when she got there.
Truck driver didn't take her anywhere. The truck driver and Sherri stayed right there on the side of the road until CHP arrived and then EMS. The Sacramento newspaper had transcripts and audio of the dispatch talking to officers at the scene.

Truck driver didn't take her anywhere. The truck driver and Sherri stayed right there on the side of the road until CHP arrived and then EMS. The Sacramento newspaper had transcripts and audio of the dispatch talking to officers at the scene.

Then the truck driver, troopers and hospital would all know what she was wearing. I would trust what they said over what the woman who drove by said.

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...nears-phones-been-ringing-off-hook/795090001/

"Once the sketches were finalized, detectives and investigators reviewed the sketches and compared the sketches with known witnesses or contacts identified during the investigation to see if the sketches matched any known parties. No matches were made with case file information," Jackson said.

Jackson said, "There have been no cases discovered that are similar in nature to this investigation concerning the pattern of operations by the suspect(s), treatment of the captured victim and release of the captured victim."

And despite over 600 tips, "none of the received tips have been able to generate a viable lead or information as to who is responsible for Sherri's abduction," Jackson said.

"At this time, there has not been any link connecting information discovered that would allow detectives and investigators to identify suspect(s)," Jackson said.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jackson says authorities have ruled out sex trafficking as a motive for her abduction. “Just on the facts that we know, it doesn’t seem to be a sex trafficking or a sexual abduction in nature, and that is what we are trying to figure out: What was the purpose?” he says.

Off topic, but is People credible? I’ve seen them report and quote things from LE that other MSM hasn’t, and I’m curious why LE would tell People but not other news sources.

Maybe they asked and the others didn't

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about my posts. You quoted my posts directly as if to say that because LE believes she's a victim, discussion about her past or possible personal issues is irrelevant.

I disagree.

I’m with you. LE believes that two complete strangers abducted SP while she was jogging. How could SP’s psychological condition (which, for all we know, has been relatively stable for the past decade) be relevant? Her captors knew nothing about SP before abducting her. SP didn’t go out jogging hoping to be abducted. I don’t get it. :confused:
I'm not sure where it was said that two complete strangers abducted her. If they don't know who did it, how can know for sure there was not a connection between victim and abductors?

Her husband has said the area in which they live is "sketchy" and he expressed some hesitation about going door to door. Maybe someone in the neighborhood or an acquaintance had a motive that has not been yet discovered. Who knows?

But why would the victim's psychology and history not be part of the investigation? Knowing if the victim has past history with certain behaviors or responses might lead to knowing what the motive could be and in determining motive it could lead to the perpetrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog