Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he was in CA days before and LE says there is no indication they met up there. Why check over 4 towns unless there was something leading them there?
Towns are close but go in different directions.

Did they say there's no indication they met up or that he never went to her town? I can't find anything.

I'm late and catching up, so this has probably already been posted, but the cited article has been updated...

A previous version of this story said that both Papini and her husband took and passed a polygraph test. Only her husband took the test.

So, no, SP did not pass a polygraph.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I emailed the writer and asked him if he was certain both had taken it. I didn't know it has been updated!

This is where my mind is going, even though I can think of other scenarios. I wonder if this was to teach her a lesson.

Where. Where could someone keep a woman in a highly publicized case, for three weeks without detection?
Who. Who could afford to house a woman for three weeks? I mean you can't work. You have to watch them and make sure they don't make noise and get away. And there wasn't just one person involved. There were two. Two people who have such an interest in punishing her?
Why. If it was to "teach her a lesson" why is she unaware of motive? Wouldn't they make some kind of statement? "This is for being a [INSERT BAD WORD]." "Don't go near so and so again." That type of thing?

The only scenario that makes sense is if there are money issues we don;t know about surrounding this family, whether money owed or money argued about or her parents having a lot of money and this was a ransom gone wrong or crazy people who wanted to hurt the family over a money issue, but they didn't quite know what they were doing. Or maybe a Denise Huskins type of thing with a couple of crazy persons who fancy themselves to be big time criminals (although that would be a strange coincidence occurring not too long after that case occurred and in the same state).

There are issues with this case that don't make sense and don;t fit patterns of other abductions:

1. No sexual assault.
2. No murder.
3. No ransom.
4. No motive revealed.
5. No cut foot despite stating her foot was cut.
6. Signs of being harmed repeatedly over a time period (not all at once).
7. Hair cut into a manageable shoulder-length style instead of buzzed mercilessly, to "shame" her.
8. The DNA.
9. The neatly placed phone in the street.
10. The coincidental communications and attempts to meet a man from another state who came to California a week before she disappeared but who is cleared in this case. Cleared is a strong word.
11. The repeated strange calls to police by several family members alleging bizarre behavior on the part of the victim, 14-17 years ago, and then quiet since.
12. The sketches released a year later in this case, which somewhat resemble the two immigrant perps who held four men on a pot farm in Nor.Cal for months.

This is undoubtedly a strange case.

Where. Where could someone keep a woman in a highly publicized case, for three weeks without detection?
Who. Who could afford to house a woman for three weeks? I mean you can't work. You have to watch them and make sure they don't make noise and get away. And there wasn't just one person involved. There were two. Two people who have such an interest in punishing her?
Why. If it was to "teach her a lesson" why is she unaware of motive? Wouldn't they make some kind of statement? "This is for being a [INSERT BAD WORD]." "Don't go near so and so again." That type of thing?

The only scenario that makes sense is if there are money issues we don;t know about surrounding this family, whether money owed or money argued about or her parents having a lot of money and this was a ransom gone wrong or crazy people who wanted to hurt the family over a money issue, but they didn't quite know what they were doing. Or maybe a Denise Huskins type of thing with a couple of crazy persons who fancy themselves to be big time criminals (although that would be a strange coincidence occurring not too long after that case occurred and in the same state).

There are issues with this case that don't make sense and don;t fit patterns of other abductions:

1. No sexual assault.
2. No murder.
3. No ransom.
4. No motive revealed.
5. No cut foot despite stating her foot was cut.
6. Signs of being harmed repeatedly over a time period (not all at once).
7. Hair cut into a manageable shoulder-length style instead of buzzed mercilessly, to "shame" her.
8. The DNA.
9. The neatly placed phone in the street.
10. The coincidental communications and attempts to meet a man from another state who came to California a week before she disappeared but who is cleared in this case. Cleared is a strong word.
11. The repeated strange calls to police by several family members alleging bizarre behavior on the part of the victim, 14-17 years ago, and then quiet since.
12. The sketches released a year later in this case, which somewhat resemble the two immigrant perps who held four men on a pot farm in Nor.Cal for months.

This is undoubtedly a strange case.

Hello all. I've read along here at Web Sleuths for a while and have now signed up.

@Gitana1-

All of the points you've made above are also my biggest "makes no sense" issues.

Don't want to say more in case I break any rules...but I appreciate the thoughts here.

Hello all. I've read along here at Web Sleuths for a while and have now signed up.

@Gitana1-

All of the points you've made above are also my biggest "makes no sense" issues.

Don't want to say more in case I break any rules...but I appreciate the thoughts here.

:welcome: Celadon. Thanks for joining us while we wait this out. :seeya:

Why are people making the assumption that SP's husband did not know about her texts to the man in Michigan? For all we know, her husband was planning on meeting the man along with SP. We have no indication the texts were anything suspicious or secretive. LE has also stated they cleared the man of having any involvement.

The statement didn't mention that both P's knew and communicated with him, just SP. One thing is for certain, KP knows if they were both communicating with Mr. Michigan or not.

I'm inclined to think that at some point, the truth about this case will come out - maybe from an unexpected source.

Am still waiting for more info from LE like the others here.

I'm inclined to think that at some point, the truth about this case will come out - maybe from an unexpected source.

Am still waiting for more info from LE like the others here.

Perhaps that was LE's motivation in trickle truthing. And maybe to give the Ps the option of talking first, before that happens. They did say they are no longer discouraging them from talking to the press, right?

Are we are allowed to ponder things that don't make sense, or point out inconsistencies?
MSM has reported on, and quoted LE, regarding "inconsistencies." Generally, anything reported in MSM is fair game for discussion.

We can't go beyond that to sleuth or accuse the victim of committing a hoax.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Perhaps that was LE's motivation in trickle truthing. And maybe to give the Ps the option of talking first, before that happens. They did say they are no longer discouraging them from talking to the press, right?

Yes, and they also said they will be revealing more information very soon.

The statement didn't mention that both P's knew and communicated with him, just SP. One thing is for certain, KP knows if they were both communicating with Mr. Michigan or not.

I didn't mention anything about KP's communicating with the man. I asked why would you think KP would NOT KNOW about SP's texts to the man from Michigan at the time they happened (or also why he wouldn't he have found out about them since).

Who has blamed the victim?

I have simply stated facts about the case that we know to be true, based on police statements to mainstream media. You can draw your own conclusions from those facts.

RSBM

Agreed, JaimeInLA !
Anything in msm can be discussed and pondered.
That's why we're all here.

Seemed like with the release of the alleged perp's sketch -- things would be cleared up ?
But not really ; it has created more questions ; imo.
A very odd case !
I do have faith in LE to follow up on any bit of information, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant.
And LE are --by nature of their profession -- 100 x MORE suspicious of things that might not add up.

It's never been explained how Keith knew Sherri was coming back home. Afaik.
:moo:

[h=1]Sherri Papini's Account of Abduction Is Believable, Says Investigator[/h]
A sergeant investigating the 2016 alleged abduction of California mom Sherri Papini says he believes Papini’s account that she was kidnapped by two Hispanic females.

“There is no information that would indicate that it is not true,” Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Brian Jackson, who was one of the first investigators to interview Papini, tells PEOPLE.
“It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provide accurate details to the sketch artist,” a sheriff’s office press release obtained by PEOPLE states.

Jackson tells PEOPLE he hopes “somebody will be able to recognize the females in those and provide us with concrete information so we can move forward and get some people in custody.”
Jackson says Papini had both male and DNA on her when she was found: the male DNA from the clothing she was wearing, and the female DNA taken from her body after she was taken to the hospital. The DNA sample did not produce matches to known offenders.

Jackson says Papini’s alleged female abductors gave her clothing to wear. Therefore, he says it’s possible “that the clothing that was provided to Sherri are clothes that belonged to somebody who was an acquaintance of the captors, and hopefully down the road, once we get these females identified, we will get the answers for that.”
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sherri-papini-apos-account-abduction-151719568.html

Yes, and they also said they will be revealing more information very soon.
Maybe they have solved it and are giving a few people a chance to speak first?
I dunno! \( ', ')/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BBM

I think it is a strong possibility - incidentally, the SP case was the reason I joined WS, yep, I'll have been here for almost a whole year now,

I didn't mention anything about KP's communicating with the man. I asked why would you think KP would NOT KNOW about SP's texts to the man from Michigan at the time they happened (or also why he wouldn't he have found out about them since).

He certainly knows about them now. And why would he notnonow? Well if he didn't tell him he wouldn't know. If her reasons for planning to meet him were to purchase a coin collection LE would've simply stated, "SP was in contact with an individual from Michigan and had plans to meet him to purchase a collector's item. He came out to CA but not to Redding. We have investigated and cleared him"

They didn't. They knew what inferences and assumptions would be made and made the statement anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29