Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Michigan man was in California on business but never met up with SP.

Could Michigan Man be the mysterious award donor?

Interesting idea, but I thought they traced it to someone in California.

The donor, who had never met the Papini family prior to Sherri’s capture, helped front the money that hostage negotiator Cameron Gamble used to entice Papini’s captors to release her.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/02...-with-anonymous-donor-who-helped-save-papini/

Maybe checking his alibi and movements from friends, coworkers, family members.
But he was in CA days before and LE says there is no indication they met up there. Why check over 4 towns unless there was something leading them there?
Towns are close but go in different directions.

But he was in CA days before and LE says there is no indication they met up there. Why check over 4 towns unless there was something leading them there?
Towns are close but go in different directions.

I think the something leading them to those towns might have been him - like saying I was here on this date, I travelled to California with this person, this other person knows I was texting Sherri, I was at work on this other date, etc. They wouldn't just talk to him and believe everything he told them - they would make sure he was being truthful.

I think the something leading them to those towns might have been him - like saying I was here on this date, I travelled to California with this person, this other person knows I was texting Sherri, I was at work on this other date, etc. They wouldn't just talk to him and believe everything he told them - they would make sure he was being truthful.
True, but we don't know how long he was in CA. Presumably air and hotel receipts could provide data and time of location, cab and Uber driver interviews in the CA area. It would take only one or two interviews to establish his location at disappearance, local in CA if he was still there or back in MI. MI man was only an hour away days before but no indication they met.. That's a long way and time and money just to ask a few questions. And any person travelling (none identified) would be able to provide where he was.

I wonder what kind of Dr he is - maybe a psychiatrist? Maybe he was helping her over the distance that would explain the secrecy and lack of detail

True, but we don't know how long he was in CA. Presumably air and hotel receipts could provide data and time of location, cab and Uber driver interviews in the CA area. It would take only one or two interviews to establish his location at disappearance, local in CA if he was still there or back in MI. MI man was only an hour away days before but no indication they met.. That's a long way and time and money just to ask a few questions. And any person travelling (none identified) would be able to provide where he was.

I wonder what kind of Dr he is - maybe a psychiatrist? Maybe he was helping her over the distance that would explain the secrecy and lack of detail

Why do you think they went to the different cities?

Harming yourself and blaming your mother for it (to the point where your mother feels she needs to reach out to the police for advice) is not normal behavior. Just my opinion.

But that is just the mother's description of the situation. Having worked with teen girls, who did 'self harm---it was sometimes the teen's belief that it was the mother or father who was the 'cause' of the cutting---many teens outgrow that behavior.

So we do not know what was really happening within the family dynamic. It may have been a dysfunctional family---not solely SP's fault.

But that is just the mother's description of the situation. Having worked with teen girls, who did 'self harm---it was sometimes the teen's belief that it was the mother or father who was the 'cause' of the cutting---many teens outgrow that behavior.

So we do not know what was really happening within the family dynamic. It may have been a dysfunctional family---not solely SP's fault.

True. But in this case father, mother and sister were all calling the police on SP.

True. But in this case father, mother and sister were all calling the police on SP.

Yes. But we don't know the family dynamic. Maybe SP has emotional issues---but the rest of the family may as well.

So maybe they threw that story out there to say hey she was talking to another man, which he was cleared. But what if she was also talking to another man or person that they have info on that but aren't releasing it. This could make the other man she was talking to real nervous but just saying hey we know she was talking to men. It puts it out there that the cops know she was talking to other men which could have possibly gotten her in trouble with someone's wife or girlfriend. Maybe there's another man they're not mentioning and maybe they just don't have enough evidence on the women yet to make an arrest.

Maybe she does have emotional health issues, but that does not mean she wasn't possibly kidnapped. It might mean there was a reason that someone was angry. <modsnip>

I simply don't believe LE is going along with a faked abduction here.
It may be stranger than fiction...but LE doesn't release sketches of people they know don't exist.
I find it hard to believe that she can pass a polygraph as well as fool LE for almost a year.
It may seem crazy.... but sometimes the craziest things are actually true.

BBM

They did in the Rachael Mattice case.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Both Papini and her husband have passed polygraph tests regarding their accounts of the incident, authorities said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sherri-papini-shasta-20171025-story.html

I'm late and catching up, so this has probably already been posted, but the cited article has been updated...

A previous version of this story said that both Papini and her husband took and passed a polygraph test. Only her husband took the test.

So, no, SP did not pass a polygraph.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I talk to other men often as well as other women. Might be business related or for sale or purchase of something. Might be a Dr. Might be trying to plan something innocent. Who knows! This man might have been twice her age! who knows the relationship?

There is no doubt SP is very photogenic and so many 'doe eyed, exquisite, model-esque' pictures of SP/KPs' perfect times. I wonder if this was the way she was expected to be, 'perfect' and doting. It would get tiring and emotionally draining. Maybe she wanted to cut her hair but others didn't want her too, maybe she wanted a tattoo and couldn't get one, maybe she was controlled by money. The selling of clothes on a website seems very strange to me. I see CONTROL and manipulation in those photos, she is undeniable beautiful but I can't help feel she is controlled.

Interesting she has a voice but does not speak about her ordeal, definitely her choice but she seems polite and it would be normal to thank the authorities for their work even via statement. We only hear a version sung through her husband. And then its like dramatic superhero account. More control?

So maybe they threw that story out there to say hey she was talking to another man, which he was cleared. But what if she was also talking to another man or person that they have info on that but aren't releasing it. This could make the other man she was talking to real nervous but just saying hey we know she was talking to men. It puts it out there that the cops know she was talking to other men which could have possibly gotten her in trouble with someone's wife or girlfriend. Maybe there's another man they're not mentioning and maybe they just don't have enough evidence on the women yet to make an arrest.

This is where my mind is going, even though I can think of other scenarios. I wonder if this was to teach her a lesson.

Yes. But we don't know the family dynamic. Maybe SP has emotional issues---but the rest of the family may as well.

Possibly. To my knowledge none of them have gone missing for three weeks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member