Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, IMO the fact that LE released the information about the Michigan man even though he had nothing to do with the disappearance plants a lot of seeds. Why would LE do that?

Yes, I think it’s possible to ask why LE would release seemingly irrelevant information without drawing conclusions about the information.

As far as using the find my phone app, I think it's perfectly normal that he did that if they have the apps on their phones. They probably both looked at where the other one was from time to time. I don't have that app with a significant other, but I do have it with my daughter and it's not only when I'm worried that I take a look at it. And, if I didn't know where she was, I probably WOULD look at that first before calling, but that's just how I operate.

Yes, I think it’s possible to ask why LE would release seemingly irrelevant information without drawing conclusions about the information.

Hmmm.. so rather than asking what it means, ask why are they telling us this and telling us now if it has nothing to do with anything?

Jmo, it is odd they released info on the man in Michigan when they have not said much of real substance otherwise...seems kind of potentially hurtful.

:seeya:

1st BBM: JMO but I think he knew about the texts ... Remember ... when KP got home and found that SP was not there, he immediately used that "find a phone app" -- BEFORE calling LE -- to locate her and bingo ... KP finds her phone with the headphones attached in place on the ground just down the road from their home.

2nd BBM: Good points and LE has stated that this "mystery man" did not have any involvement ...

:thinking: But still questioning WHY LE mentioned him ...

JMO but I think there was "trouble in paradise" and I think KP kept a close eye on his wife ... I don't think they were the "happy couple" as has been portrayed in the media ...

:moo:

I'm very curious if LE had to get phone company to extract the texts or if they were still on the phone when her husband found it.

Hmmm.. so rather than asking what it means, ask why are they telling us this and telling us now if it has nothing to do with anything?

Maybe they kept getting loads of tips about the Michigan man, so they want to let people know that it's been checked out and nothing came of it. They don't want their phonelines to be tied up with more people calling it the same tip again and again now that they have released more information. I certainly hope they wouldn't release this information just to publicly cast aspersions on SP's character. That would be completely unprofessional.

Why are people making the assumption that SP's husband did not know about her texts to the man in Michigan? For all we know, her husband was planning on meeting the man along with SP. We have no indication the texts were anything suspicious or secretive. LE has also stated they cleared the man of having any involvement.

If KP was also planning to meet the man in Michigan then LE would say, "we ruled out the man in Michigan that SP and KP had planned to meet a week before the abduction.

Stating it was only SP that was going to meet this mystery man created an intentional inference in people with critical thinking skills, IMO.

Because they had previously stated they went to Michigan as part of the investigation? It was not new that they investigated someone in Michigan. It was only new info to us that nothing came of that lead and that the reason they went there in the first place was because of texts.

It was news that she had planned to meet this guy a week before her disappearance and was texting back and forth. Very significant news.

For what reason? And what makes you think KP wasn't already informed of this?

Public pressure.

Maybe they kept getting loads of tips about the Michigan man, so they want to let people know that it's been checked out and nothing came of it. They don't want their phonelines to be tied up with more people calling it the same tip again and again now that they have released more information. I certainly hope they wouldn't release this information just to publicly cast aspersions on SP's character. That would be completely unprofessional.

That makes sense. Could be the reason. And I agree it would be unprofessional to just be mean like that so there must be some reason they released it now.

I also tend to believe that LE are trying to stimulate conversation to get to the truth.

The FBI never releases information without strategy surrounding it. How many people do you think would know about her texting of a guy in Michigan and plans to meet with him? And how would such people tie up their phone lines?

That doesnt make sense to me.

I'm reminded of the bridge guy hat discussion in the Abby and Libby case.... LE said to ignore the style of hat used in the sketch which lead to pages and pages of people analyzing the style chosen and saying, "but why would they put a certain style of hat on him and tell us to ignore it!" Here we have a man from Michigan that was cleared as having no involvement in Sherri's disappearance and everyone seems to want to discuss him and draw unflattering conclusions about the victim.

Why are people making the assumption that SP's husband did not know about her texts to the man in Michigan? For all we know, her husband was planning on meeting the man along with SP. We have no indication the texts were anything suspicious or secretive. LE has also stated they cleared the man of having any involvement.

I don't think that KP was also planning on meeting the Michigan man, but I think he probably knew about the texts. I would assume LE would have mentioned it to him during the investigation while SP was missing. I thought they would have told KP they are going to Michigan to follow up on a lead, which KP would probably ask questions about. Maybe not though, I am not sure how much LE shared with KP during the time SP was missing. IMO it would make sense if LE had asked KP if they knew about the Michigan guy at the very least.

I'm reminded of the bridge guy hat discussion in the Abby and Libby case.... LE said to ignore the style of hat used in the sketch which lead to pages and pages of people analyzing the style chosen and saying, "but why would they put a certain style of hat on him and tell us to ignore it!" Here we have a man from Michigan that was cleared as having no involvement in Sherri's disappearance and everyone seems to want to discuss him and draw unflattering conclusions about the victim.

I don't think anyone is discussing the man himself at this point. He has been cleared. The implications of a planned trip to meet this man just a week before the disappearance may be "unflattering" but not insignificant.

This is a huge coincidence and seems relevant to something. Who knows why she was trying to meet that man but why on earth wouldn't that be discussed?

In all cases of missing people, the movements and plans and communications of the person come into play. Were they trying to get away from home? Did they meet someone dangerous? Did they meet someone they knew and it turned bad? Or were they lured by a stranger?

All of those are relevant questions here. The inference is that SP wasn't happy in her relationship and was trying to meet others. Who else could she have tried to meet or have been corresponding with?

The internet is a weird place.

I'm very curious if LE had to get phone company to extract the texts or if they were still on the phone when her husband found it.

I'm pretty sure they were still on the phone, because LE IIRC traveled to Michigan while SP was still missing. That would have been a quick turnaround by the cell carrier.

Because they had previously stated they went to Michigan as part of the investigation? It was not new that they investigated someone in Michigan. It was only new info to us that nothing came of that lead and that the reason they went there in the first place was because of texts.

We would hope that LE would understand the inference drawn from releasing the information if the relationship between SP and Michigan man were completely innocent.

Or it also could be seen as completely professional, depending on who the criminal is here.

I don't think that KP was also planning on meeting the Michigan man, but I think he probably knew about the texts. I would assume LE would have mentioned it to him during the investigation while SP was missing. I thought they would have told KP they are going to Michigan to follow up on a lead, which KP would probably ask questions about. Maybe not though, I am not sure how much LE shared with KP during the time SP was missing. IMO it would make sense if LE had asked KP if they knew about the Michigan guy at the very least.

Surely LE would have brought this up with KP during the time she was missing. "In searching her phone we found some texts between your wife and a man in Michigan. It appears they were arranging to meet in California about a week ago. Were you aware of this?" The texts are a big, big, big can of worms for KP and SP.

LE has said that SP was texting with Michigan man and had planned to meet up with him. It obviously wasn't to buy a bicycle from Let Go or they would not have mentioned it or gone to Michigan.

If SP was texting one man who was not her husband, it's not a stretch to imagine her texting more than one man who was not her husband. We know Michigan man was cleared. Is there another man who has NOT been cleared?

I don't think anyone is discussing the man himself at this point. He has been cleared. The implications of a planned trip to meet this man just a week before the disappearance may be "unflattering" but not insignificant.

This is a huge coincidence and seems relevant to something. Who knows why she was trying to meet that man but why on earth wouldn't that be discussed?

In all cases of missing people, the movements and plans and communications of the person come into play. Were they trying to get away from home? Did they meet someone dangerous? Did they meet someone they knew
and it turned bad? Or were they lured by a stranger?

All of those are relevant questions here. The inference is that SP wasn't happy in her relationship and was trying to meet others. Who else could she have tried to meet or have been corresponding with?

The internet is a weird place.

You are very logical, gitana and I won't argue anymore if people want to discuss the man or why she was meeting him. I guess I prefer to wait for more information before drawing such a conclusion as "she was unhappy in her relationship". I don't see any other evidence pointing to that, JMO. I can think of dozens of other reasons for a woman to text a man to meet up that do not involve having an affair. I'm withholding judgement until and unless we find out if this was a secret romantic relationship. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee