Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard tell for sure if a male was ever present from this DNA evidence. The DNA will be more important if it's matched or connected to suspects down the road. JMO

Well they said neither DNA sample matched anyone in criminal databases. The FBI is involved so that seems to be a nationwide search.

Surprising as one would think that those sophisticated enough to grab a grown woman off the road as she was jogging, take her to a secret location where she is tortured for three weeks, without an explanation, and do all of this while keeping their faces partially covered, not saying each other's names or nicknames (from what we know so far), and to be able to commit such atrocities while wearing huge, dangly hoop earrings that didn't get ripped out when Sherri struggled and bashed one's head against a toilet, would have their DNA in a database somewhere for arrests/convictions for previous felonies. http://www.promegaconnections.com/dna-collection-practices-for-arrests-by-state/

Who knows where the clothes that the male DNA was recovered came from. This male may not have anything to do with this case. That could explain why the DNA hasn't shown up in any databases.

The female DNA that was recovered from SP's body would seem to come from one of the suspects. Maybe she's been lucky and never arrested/convicted and had her DNA taken. JMO

:seeya:

Finally some news in this case, which case IMO is very "strange" ...

This is the released sketch:

636445298954864888-suspects-combined.jpg

How about this ?

AP/ September 21, 2016, 8:15 PM

Police: Women arrested after 4 men held at Calif. pot farm, forced to work

38B1731400000578-0-image-a-11_1474565179165.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police...n-held-at-california-pot-farm-forced-to-work/

Resemblance ?
Wow! It almost looms like they sketched those women out then put a cover on their faces!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

:wave: Sherri’s thread is going to close for the night in about 10 minutes. It will open up again in the morning.

So LE felt it was important to mention the man she was texting with and state he was not involved in the kidnapping. But it would not be lost on them what the implication would be when they said they were not stating the nature of their relationship. boom.

They may as well have said they were having a relationship of some sort and they know that. Otherwise they would not have mentioned him. Just because he was not involved in the kidnapping does not mean there was not a connection.

Sherri’s thread will reopen in the morning. Thank y’all for supporting and caring about her family!

Ok good. 'Cause I wasn't following this fully before now and I'm all over the place with the facts... lots to catch up on :eek:

"Despite the lack of updates, receipts obtained by DailyMail.com show police traveled to Williams, 103 miles south of Redding, on December 15, and to Woodland – close to where Papini was found – on December 17."

The detective visited these towns after SP was found. Woodland is south of Yolo, and Williams is north of Yolo. What kind of intelligence could have come in from these two areas after the fact?

Hi,

manormuskeg said:
snipped by me....
Male DNA on clothing is meaningless without context. Sweat from someone completely unconnected could have gotten on a shirt.

Could be DNA from the trucker that stopped when he saw her on the roadside...

Hi,

Oh, I thought it was a woman who had found Sherri on the side of the road...

Lesson one for Ana... join threads earlier :findinglink:

Hi,

Oh, I thought it was a woman who had found Sherri on the side of the road...

Lesson one for Ana... join threads earlier :findinglink:

IIRC there was both a female driver and a trucker who called 911 when SP was on the side of the road waving for help. The female driver spoke to the press and said she passed SP but could not stop in time so pulled off and called 911 after passing her. I don't think we ever heard from the trucker who actually stopped. IMO, the police would exclude anyone who was known to have had contact with her by collecting their DNA.

ETA: here's a quote I found about there being two motorists:
She also thanked the motorist, who hasn’t yet been identified by detectives, who stopped for Papini on the side of the road.

“We appreciate that person stopping and helping her,” she said.

One woman posted on social media after Papini was found to say she saw her on the side of the road and called 911, but didn’t stop.

“I couldn’t stop in time to help you this morning but I did pull over and report to police that I saw you by the road and was certain you needed help,” said Alison Sutton, who posted on a Facebook page dedicated to finding Papini. “I am thankful that someone else was able to pull over safely to help you and that you are safe. God bless you and your family.”

The woman who called 911, but didn't stop, spoke to a number of media sources:

A California woman who says she called 911 to report spotting Sherri Papini on a rural California roadside before police rescued the missing California mom early Thanksgiving morning says Papini “was looking panicked and frightened.”

“I saw this woman with long blonde hair in the right shoulder of the freeway and she was waving a piece of fabric that looked like a shirt, waving it up and down trying to flag someone down,” the woman, Alison Sutton, tells PEOPLE. “It was obvious: She needed help.”

Sutton and her 14-year-old daughter had already been on the road for eight hours en route to a Thanksgiving celebration. They were traveling north between 70 and 80 miles per hour when they passed Papini standing on the shoulder of Interstate 5 in rural Yolo County.

“I was going so fast, it was like she came out of nowhere. It startled me,” says Sutton. “She was really close to the side of the road. I said to my daughter, ‘I could have hit her,’ ” if she had swerved.

Sutton adds: “I remember thinking she must be cold, because whatever she was wearing didn’t look like it was warm enough for the conditions outside. It was probably in the mid-30’s.”

Unsure of where she was, Sutton drove a few miles and then pulled over to call 911.
http://people.com/crime/woman-who-c...s-papini-was-looking-panicked-and-frightened/

REDDING -- It was early Thanksgiving morning when Alison Sutton says she saw a woman in trouble on the side of northbound I-5 in Yolo County.

"I have like a vague memory of a flash of her face with a definitely scared look on it," said Sutton.

Seeing a panicked face, blonde hair and an arm waving in the air was enough to startle Sutton.

"I could have hit her, she just was really close to the side of the road, frantically waving what looked like a shirt, up and down, trying to get someone's attention," Sutton said.

She pulled over, called 911, but had no idea the woman she saw was Sherri Papini; the young mother who vanished during a jog near her Redding home three weeks prior.

"I feel like I, like I should have done more," said Sutton.
http://fox40.com/2016/11/29/driver-describes-seeing-sherri-papini-along-the-freeway/

Sutton, who wasn’t familiar with the area, had been driving for 8 hours when she saw the battered woman. Not knowing who the woman was, she continued down the road until she saw a road sign that pointed to her location. She immediately called 911 and described the condition of the woman she had seen a while ago.
“You know I drove past this person who must really need help,” Sutton recalled telling the emergency operator.
“I see this blonde woman waving what looks like a brown flannel shirt up and down desperately trying to flag someone down,” NBC 5 reported Sutton as saying.
“It was obvious: She needed help,” she said, explaining that Sherri Papini “was looking panicked and frightened” when she found her.

https://www.morningnewsusa.com/sherri-papini-update-woman-called-help-assaulted-23127018.html

“I saw a woman frantically waving what looked like a shirt up and down, trying to flag somebody down,” Sutton told ABC News. “I was startled to see her. It was dark and she pretty much just came out of nowhere. If I had swerved to the right at least a little bit, I would have hit her with my car. She had, like, a wide-eyed, panicked kind of look. I figured if she was willing to risk being hit by a car trying to get somebody’s attention that she must really need some help.”
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...coughing-up-blood-screaming-for-help-w453654/

BBM. Sutton's one account where she said SP had "long blonde hair " was jumped on by many people as evidence that Sherri's hair wasn't really cut off. Now we know that her hair was cut from waist length to shoulder length. Plenty of people would call shoulder length hair long, especially when seen going by someone at 70-80 MPH. I find the description of what she was wearing not being warm enough for conditions interesting in light of the new info that Sherri was found wearing a grey sweatsuit. Maybe it was just strange she didn't have a coat on in 30 degree weather? It is also interesting that Sutton described the cloth as looking like brown flannel in one interview. I don't think we ever got a description of the bag over Sherri's head, which is what we were told in other interviews was what she was waving. The brown flannel description makes me wonder if it was actually a burlap sack that had been over her head. JMO.

[h=1]Police confirm they have CCTV footage of Sherri Papini after she was dumped by captors[/h]
SHERRI Papini was captured on surveillance video running towards a highway after she was dumped by her abductors, police have revealed.

The revelation comes after detectives in Shasta County, California, released dramatic new details of the bizarre case and admitted they were struggling with inconsistencies in Ms Papini’s version of events.

It has since emerged that police are in possession of CCTV footage from a church showing the mother-of-two running up an on ramp to Interstate 5 in Yolo County on November 24 last year after 22 days in captivity.

It is not clear how long police have been in possession of the video or why they have not released it but news.com.au has submitted a request to Shasta County Sheriff’s Office for a copy.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/623127942d36790923307a50f0f2ce81

We've seen that before.
Interestingly, they were arrested BEFORE the disappearance of Sherri Papini, in a case many in Northern California would've been aware of, and held on several felony charges as well as were detained by federal immigration authorities.
They weren't out in time to kidnap Sherri.

ETA:

Sherri wasn't forced to work on a pot farm. And the men were lured there as workers, not snatched off the street.

Undocumented immigrants committing crimes by forcing other undocumented immigrants to perform slave labor aren't in the habit of snatching middle class blonde ladies during a suburban jog to work the farm either.

1st BBM: Exactly - they were in :jail: at the time SP was "kidnapped" ... I meant to include that in my post, but forgot ... lol !

JMO but I find SP's "story" strange ... which makes me wonder IF SP's "story" is "copy cat" ? In other words, these 2 women were arrested appx 2 months before SP was "kidnapped" and SP may have seen this news story in the MSM.

SP's story just does not make sense IMO.

2nd BBM: Agree ... but IF SP's story of her "kidnapping" is true, why in the world would 2 Hispanic women kidnap a "middle class blonde woman" in the middle of the day jogging?

All JMO and :moo:

Yes there is a resemblance. Especially when you factor in what those two ladies pictured were charged with.

BUT, was SP's description based off of her alleged kidnappers or was it based off of these actual photos?

BBM: JMO but I think it was based on these actual photos ... the resemblance is unbelievable !

:moo:

After sleeping on this, I think the police released new information for one reason and one reason only. They wanted KP to know that SP was having an affair with Michigan man and planned to meet up with him around the time she went missing. They released a whole bunch of other stuff to make it look like it wasn't just about that. But in my opinion, that was the key message, and they were talking to an audience of one.

So LE felt it was important to mention the man she was texting with and state he was not involved in the kidnapping.

But it would not be lost on them what the implication would be when they said they were not stating the nature of their relationship. boom.

They may as well have said they were having a relationship of some sort and they know that. Otherwise they would not have mentioned him. Just because he was not involved in the kidnapping does not mean there was not a connection.

BBM: Exactly ... why mention him if he was NOT involved in the kidnapping? No doubt she was texting other people and they would have been ruled out.

But to distinguish this man from out of state raises more questions and flags, IMO.

JMO but it tells me that LE is questioning SP's "story" ...

:moo:

After sleeping on this, I think the police released new information for one reason and one reason only. They wanted KP to know that SP was having an affair with Michigan man and planned to meet up with him around the time she went missing. They released a whole bunch of other stuff to make it look like it wasn't just about that. But in my opinion, that was the key message, and they were talking to an audience of one.
BBM

I agree that it’s very strange to release this information about the Michigan man if he isn’t involved with her disappearance, but why reveal it publicly if they are only talking to KP? Why not tell him privately? And even though it looks bad, we don’t have any evidence that this was an affair in the making. Maybe LE is hoping to get that evidence by releasing this publicly. If I were the guy in Michigan I’d be squirming even if the texting was totally innocent.
JMO

BBM

I agree that it’s very strange to release this information about the Michigan man if he isn’t involved with her disappearance, but why reveal it publicly if they are only talking to KP? Why not tell him privately? And even though it looks bad, we don’t have any evidence that this was an affair in the making. Maybe LE is hoping to get that evidence by releasing this publicly. If I were the guy in Michigan I’d be squirming even if the texting was totally innocent.
JMO

IMO, it is to put pressure on him. He has been publicly supporting her. But now everyone at church, his family, his friends, his in-laws... everyone he knows will start asking him questions. "Did you know she was texting and planning to meet up with another man?" It might just make him angry enough to spark a major argument with SP, and to have him tell the police the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010