Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many holes in this story that I really don't know what to think. Nothing adds up.
:thinking:

I just wanted to add that police often tell people they have passed a lie detector test, when in fact they have failed. I don't think lie detector tests are as useful for detecting lies as they are for manipulating suspects.

I take it as truth that something life-changing happened in Mrs. Papini's life but am still nor sure quitewhat. The sketches are either regrettably done because of artist talent or because of Sherri Papini not being able to describe what she saw. I'm quite sure she's seen someone like the older woman before, but the younger gal? Looks like anyone's cousin whos kind of generic looking. (Is that you, Barb? )

Almost one year later and still not a clue what to think.

On the bright side, SP wasn't sexually assaulted.

Current most likely scenario: SP got involved with the wrong man and the wife or girlfriend wanted payback.

That's what I am thinking, too.

This is an excellent point. I wonder what stage of healing the brand was in. Burns do take a very long time to heal.

Almost one year later and still not a clue what to think.

On the bright side, SP wasn't sexually assaulted.

Current most likely scenario: SP got involved with the wrong man and the wife or girlfriend wanted payback.
Well said. Either that last bit or I give up.

Catching some one in this, does any one see it happening --arrests?

So we know that they both took polygraphs. We know Keith passed, but do we know if Sherri passed?

Thank you, Tricia!!

Here's today's article. http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

I'd love to know who Michigan man is.

And also, any ideas what kind of "female" DNA would be on her body, if not her own DNA?

From the clothes?

I think the Michigan man, although cleared in this case, is significant info. I hadn't heard about that previously.

I know that there is and has always been a ton of skepticism revolving around this case.
I do wonder though, do you think the FBI would be duped by this young married couple, for over a year?
IMO, they would not. If this were a scam, I believe the FBI would have figured it out long ago and either charged them with something or at the very least, let it all drop.
IMO they would not still be working on it.
If not for that fact, I would still be sideways glancing at it.

After the Huskins case I don't think they're going to be dropping something like this until they have an answer. And sometimes answers can take years to get.

It was always just one of the captors that released her. We never had any other details on that, though. The two of them arguing and the gun shot is new info.

So the insinuations is there was a murder involved. That they argued over releasing this prisoner and one killed the other.

I wonder if she says whether they told her why they kidnapped her. Motive is missing.

It's hard tell for sure if a male was ever present from this DNA evidence. The DNA will be more important if it's matched or connected to suspects down the road. JMO

Well they said neither DNA sample matched anyone in criminal databases. The FBI is involved so that seems to be a nationwide search.

Surprising as one would think that those sophisticated enough to grab a grown woman off the road as she was jogging, take her to a secret location where she is tortured for three weeks, without an explanation, and do all of this while keeping their faces partially covered, not saying each other's names or nicknames (from what we know so far), and to be able to commit such atrocities while wearing huge, dangly hoop earrings that didn't get ripped out when Sherri struggled and bashed one's head against a toilet, would have their DNA in a database somewhere for arrests/convictions for previous felonies. http://www.promegaconnections.com/dna-collection-practices-for-arrests-by-state/

I actually think it’s super implausible. Was Sherri known to attend the self help seminars? where did she get the money to pay to be a part of the cult? My gut does not allow me to believe that she could have been involved with Nxivm. JMO

ETA - the brands are def not the same considering LE said something about not being able to make out the lettering of Sherri’s “brand”, and Nxivm has a very clear brand. Not to mention I am very sure LE would have pieced that together by now. Nxivm Is very controversial with very rich socialites involved at the top of the chain. They don’t seem to be the type of people to enlist random Hispanic woman to abduct and abuse one of their members.

Agreed. That cult has a secret subgroup that brands women but on the lower abdomen near the pubic line. Plus, members are pretty vocal about being members and very active on social media before they become part of the subgroup.

Well LE released the suspect sketch that looked like Santa Claus, in that case of a girl who faked an abduction and stayed in a relatives cabin to avoid a court appearance. I can't remember her name...small town where she was supposedly moving to be a caretaker.

Then again that outrageous story of the kidnapping in Vallejo, young women was dropped off in Huntington Beach at her father's house hundreds of miles away. That turned out to be true....they caught the guy.

eta: the latter, Denise Huskins....abductor was Matthew Muller

You have a point. The police have released sketches in other cases that have turned out to be fakes but not often. I;m thinking about the Diane Downs case for one. And Susan Smith's case. A sketch was released in that as well. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34729001

But I think in those cases that was very early on and then nothing.

In this case it is the reverse.

Mmm. I don't know that we do:

Shasta County deputies say Keith Papini has undergone a polygraph test, but Sherri Papini has not, and they have not asked her to because she is a victim.
Retired FBI agent James Wedick says she should take the test.
“There’s nothing to compel her to take the polygraph,” Wedick said. “It’s just like there was nothing to compel Keith to take the polygraph. I mean they asked him, and he willingly did so, and so the next point would be ‘Keith helped us, would you please do the same.'”
Scrutiny of Papini’s story comes after reports Papini’s family members have accused her in the past of harming herself and blaming the injuries on others.
“I don’t know, this is a peculiar case,” Wedick said.

BBM

http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini/

I think the LA Times is the only reporting that.

I’ve followed this case every step of the way, but I can’t remember if we were allowed to discuss “CG” or not. I wonder if the DNA matched him or if his is even on file.

1) If this was a cartel and they threatened her with harming her children if she spoke a word to anyone, I could justify her reclusiveness over the past year. If that was me, if this was the scenario, I would homeschool my kids and never let them out of sight. But I would be cooperating with police and demand protection in the meantime.

2) If the Michigan guy (or another) had been wanting her to run away with him, he could have picked her up at her road. Her husband could have had suspicions and just decided to call her bluff and report her missing. She could have seen that on the news, with a history of mental struggles (no judgement), she could have snapped and holed herself up somewhere out of sheer panic and guilt. But again, where, and why not admit all that?

3) The way her husband told the kids right away that she would be home for Thanksgiving has ALWAYS rubbed me the wrong way. And then when she did...well...perhaps he found out she betrayed him and arranged her situation. Is that allowed to speculate?

Regardless of these, I am happy to see the new information in the news and have this thread reopened. I have thought of her often this year.

‘Online/Texting’ Relationship with Michigan Man

The sheriff’s office also revealed in a Wednesday press release that Papini and a male acquaintance from Michigan were involved in a “online/texting relationship.” Jackson would not specify whether or not it was romantic.

“The text messages went back several months to days before her disappearance,” says Jackson. “It was a prior contact that she had years before. Somebody she met and kept in contact with. A male acquaintance she was talking with through texting.”

Jackson says the acquaintance had visited California — but not Redding — days before Papini went missing, adding that “there is no indication they met up. That is why we went back to Michigan and ruled out” that the acquaintance was involved.

Source: http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-dna-male-alleged-abduction/

Could an experienced sleuther please speak to the fact that LE decided to release this new info?

I'm just a bit confused.
* For one reason, they threw Bosenko under the bus by stating that the brand was illegible
* One of the detectives actually admits that there are holes in the story (Trying to scare Sherri into talking?)

If they really wanted help solving the case, one would think that they would release info that is more helpful.
Are they doing this to create media attention in hopes of scaring someone into talking?
Have you seen LE do this in other cases and what was the motive?

The sheriff’s office also revealed in a Wednesday press release that Papini and a male acquaintance from Michigan were involved in a “online/texting relationship.” Jackson would not specify whether or not it was romantic.

“The text messages went back several months to days before her disappearance,” says Jackson. “It was a prior contact that she had years before. Somebody she met and kept in contact with. A male acquaintance she was talking with through texting.”

Jackson says the acquaintance had visited California — but not Redding — days before Papini went missing, adding that “there is no indication they met up. That is why we went back to Michigan and ruled out” that the acquaintance was involved.

Hmmmmm.

"Jackson would not specify whether or not it was romantic."

when LE will not comment with a yes or no, it always seems to turn out to be a yes. ...as far as I've observed in many cases.

Easy to comment with a simple no, and most often if not always, LE states the no if it is in fact a no.

Isn't her ex husband in Michigan?
Or
Wasn't he?
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe someone who had an ex or current significant other? Or perhaps someone with enemies of his own?

But... it seems like those possibilities would be ruled out if he was ruled out.

Isn't her ex husband in Michigan?
Or
Wasn't he?
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can't remember exactly, but I think it was reported they'd lived in southern California together and he was from Texas.

Sorry I got waylaid working on some graphics in my paint program after reading that article.

A question about that Michigan man (no idea if this can be answered or not)

Was there ever any evidence that SP ran a background check on him prior to meeting him, if she did meet with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966