Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this new? I don't remember mention of video being available before.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...sherri-papini-abduction-california/799533001/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This article says the surveillance footage shows her running up to the on-ramp after being dropped off. I'd like to know if the surveillance footage shows her getting dropped off. Many unanswered questions, but now it's much more clear that SP has not been truthful with investigators.

I simply don't believe LE is going along with a faked abduction here.
It may be stranger than fiction... but LE doesn't release sketches of people they know don't exist.
I find it hard to believe that she can pass a polygraph as well as fool LE for almost a year.
It may seem crazy.... but sometimes the craziest things are actually true.

I respect that position, but I think they have known from the beginning that her story is bogus. Remember, a few days after she was discovered, LE verbally gave the description that SP gave them, they just didn't have a sketch. LE has been playing the game for lack of any evidence to the contrary, just suspicions that her story wasn't true. It seems they now have DNA samples and perhaps confronted her with the new information, and then she felt compelled to "remember" more about her captors?

They found her DNA on her clothes, and thy found an unknown man's DNA on her clothes, yet she states she wasn't sexually assaulted and that she had no contact with anyone but the two women while missing. I will agree she wasn't sexually assaulted, because I think it was a cooperative exchange.

Did she run off with a guy and make up this story to cover it up? Even if so, it's extremely bizarre that she was bruised over the course of multiple days, had lost a significant amount of weight, and was "branded" on her shoulder.

This entire case shows signs of mental illness. I'm glad she is safe and I hope she gets the help she needs so she can continue to be a wife and mother of two beautiful children, who have to grow up under these conditions.

They found her DNA on her clothes, and thy found an unknown man's DNA on her clothes, yet she states she wasn't sexually assaulted and that she had no contact with anyone but the two women while missing. I will agree she wasn't sexually assaulted, because I think it was a cooperative exchange.

Did she run off with a guy and make up this story to cover it up? Even if so, it's extremely bizarre that she was bruised over the course of multiple days, had lost a significant amount of weight, and was "branded" on her shoulder.

This entire case shows signs of mental illness. I'm glad she is safe and I hope she gets the help she needs so she can continue to be a wife and mother of two beautiful children, who have to grow up under these conditions.

The story possibly makes some sense if she met up with someone voluntarily and then came back down to earth after awhile and needed to return to reality in a way that covered her escapade.

But where that theory falls apart is when I wonder who in the world would agree to drop her off with chains on her?? And how did she get injured?

I can't figure it out, but I have a hunch LE will.

jmopinion

[h=1]New details revealed in California mom's disappearance[/h]
716271687d97652e10dd704e88a51f3b

[FONT="]SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A California sheriff released new details Wednesday in the mysterious case of a young mother who was found battered and bruised but alive along a freeway after she was missing for three weeks.[/FONT]
[FONT="]The Shasta County sheriff's department also released sketches of two suspects.[/FONT]
[FONT="]The department said investigators collected male DNA from the clothing that victim Sherri Papini was wearing when she was found on Thanksgiving and female DNA that was discovered on Papini's body. The samples have not been identified.[/FONT]

<modsnip>

https://www.yahoo.com/news/details-revealed-california-moms-disappearance-233024851.html

Based on those sketches I think we can take gang initiation off the table.

https://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/96natyouthgangsrvy/surv_6a.html
https://people.missouristate.edu/michaelcarlie/what_i_learned_about/gangs/join_a_gang.htm

Yes, it does. As does the fact that ALL THREE of her family members (mom, dad, sister) called police on her at some point. This is not normal!!

Then they discovered that an incident Papini told cops about &#8212; in which she fought back against one of her captors and cut her foot &#8212; apparently never happened.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/25/cops-say-details-in-abducted-joggers-story-dont-add-up/

Why would you add that detail if untrue?

Not saying it didn't happen or that she made it up, this is just speculation to answer the question:

You might add that detail (or embellish what happened) to make yourself appear tough, like a fighter, which you might want to do if you don't want to be perceived as helpless, or as a victim. Or even if that's how you imagine yourself to be. You might add that detail if you had to answer "Why didn't you try to get away? Why didn't you fight back?"

Or because you are so angry at your captors it's something you wish you'd done.

Also, is that a giant earring in the one sketch? When I worked with psych patients (some of whom might have been uncooperative) we would not think of wearing something that could be yanked out or pulled.

Along those same lines, it doesn't seem like something a kidnapper would wear, either.

I wonder if those sketches were created shortly after SP was recovered, or more recently. I can't understand why they weren't released before unless they were recently created. And if recent, I would think SP's memories of the faces might not be as accurate. Time changes memory, no matter how accurate we try to be.

NY Post reporter's spin:

Then they discovered that an incident Papini told cops about &#8212; in which she fought back against one of her captors and cut her foot &#8212; apparently never happened.

vs what LEO actually said:

&#8220;When she was being processed at the hospital &#8230; no evidence of a cut was seen in the photographs,&#8221; Sgt. Brian Jackson told the Record Searchlight newspaper in Redding, where Papini lives.

22 days is a long while. How long does it take a cut to heal? I guess it depends on how large.

NY Post reporter's spin:

&#8220;When she was being processed at the hospital &#8230; no evidence of a cut was seen in the photographs,&#8221; Sgt. Brian Jackson told the Record Searchlight newspaper in Redding, where Papini lives.

22 days is a long while. How long does it take a cut to heal? I guess it depends on how large.

Are you opening discussion on sharing foot-injury stories? :)

I have one about a cut on my foot! (And I'll spare you.)

jmo

NY Post reporter's spin:

Maybe i read things wrong, but my understanding was the cut happened when she had the fight with the captor and smashed the captors head.
Didn't that happen very shortly before she was released?

Maybe i misunderstood

If you listen to the 911 call, it's clear that KP never tried to call SP. He first called the daycare to see if his children had been picked up, then he used the Find My iPhone app. Maybe that's because she never answers when he calls. It's apparent to me that he knew she was up to no good. I think that's where the tears came from during the 20/20 interview. He was crying because he could no longer deny that his wife was cheating on him.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-911-call-released-husband-keith/

THE PRESS RELEASE IN FULL

PRESS RELEASE
*Sherri Papini*
**Kidnapping Investigation Update**
Over the past 11 months the investigation into the abduction of Sherri Papini has been a top priority for the Shasta County Sheriff&#8217;s Office. A short time after the report of Sherri&#8217;s
disappearance on November 2, 2016, the Sheriff&#8217;s Office consulted with the FBI, as well as
numerous other local, state and federal agencies. These agencies continue to assist the Sheriff&#8217;s Office in this investigation and their assistance is appreciated.

On November 2, 2016, the Sheriff&#8217;s Office responded to the original 9-1-1 call made by Sherri&#8217;s husband, Keith Papini, who discovered Sherri missing from their home. A copy of the 9-1-1 call can be downloaded from https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index.aspx.

At that time, the Sheriff&#8217;s Office initiated an extensive investigation to determine Sherri&#8217;s location. The Sheriff&#8217;s Office utilized all appropriate resources to determine whether Sherri&#8217;s disappearance was voluntary or involuntary to include, but not limited to, looking into the Papini&#8217;s personal lives, interviewing friends, family members, past acquaintances and witnesses and reviewing surveillance video where available, as well as other pertinent information. Over 20 search warrants were executed in the effort to determine Sherri&#8217;s whereabouts. The search warrants remain sealed by order of the Shasta County Superior Court. The Sheriff&#8217;s Office also conducted a polygraph exam of Keith and excluded him from involvement in Sherri&#8217;s disappearance. Keith has volunteered to take an additional polygraph exam if needed for the investigation.

By November 17, 2016, the Sheriff&#8217;s Office had reviewed a voluminous amount of reports, tips and search warrant data. In this review, the Sheriff&#8217;s Office discovered Sherri was texting with a male acquaintance from Michigan. Days prior to Sherri&#8217;s disappearance, Sherri and the male acquaintance texted each in an attempt to meet while the he was in California. Sheriff&#8217;s Office Detectives interviewed him in Michigan and determined he was not involved in Sherri&#8217;s disappearance.

On November 24, 2016, Thanksgiving Day, a trucker travelling northbound on Interstate 5 saw Sherri on the side of the highway in Yolo County and stopped to assist. CHP and EMS
responded. Emergency personnel found Sherri bound with restraints. Information about the
restraints remains confidential as part of the on-going investigation. Sherri later stated that she had been dropped off on the side of County Road 17 near Interstate 5 by one of her captors whom she described as a younger Hispanic female.

Sherri was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital where evidence was collected, to include
photographs of injuries and swabs for DNA analysis. Sherri appeared battered and bruised, her hair had been cut to shoulder length and she had a brand on her right shoulder. Sherri, however, stated she had not been sexually assaulted, and there is no physical evidence to indicate otherwise. The Sheriff&#8217;s Office continues to examine the brand and its possible meaning, but details of the brand remain confidential as part of the on-going investigation.
Sheriff&#8217;s Office Detectives initially interviewed Sherri at the hospital. Sherri provided detectives with limited details about what occurred on November 2, 2016, and a limited description of two female suspects - the only two people Sherri had contact with during her 22 days of captivity. These suspects, however, made efforts to conceal their identities with face coverings. Sherri described the suspects as:

Suspect #1: younger adult Hispanic female, dark curly hair, pierced ears, thin eye brows
Suspect#2: older adult Hispanic female, straight black hair with some grey. Thick eye
brows

The California Department of Justice examined evidence collected from Sherri and two DNA profiles were compiled and uploaded into the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), the national database that compares DNA profiles electronically with known offender profiles. Keith was excluded.

Keith and Sherri Papini have remained in contact with the Sheriff&#8217;s Office and the FBI. Sherri,continues to provide details as she can recall them, but has not been able to provide a complete detailed statement due to her poor recollection.

An FBI sketch artist met with Sherri and rendered a sketch of each suspect as described by
Sherri. These sketches will be released by the FBI at https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinginfo/unknown-individuals. It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provide accurate details to the sketch artist. The sketches then needed to be finalized and approved for release by the FBI.

Sherri also described the suspect vehicle as a dark colored SUV with a large rear side window. Sherri continues to look at photographs of various makes and models of SUV&#8217;s in an effort to provide a more detailed description.

The Sheriff&#8217;s Office has received over 600 tips from around the world in this investigation and continues to review all tips that it receives. The Sheriff&#8217;s Office is aware of the multiple news headlines regarding reported kidnapping from other law enforcement agencies across the United States. The Sheriff&#8217;s Office continues to follow up with those agencies to determine if the Sherri Papini investigation is related to any of those incidents.
The Shasta County Sheriff&#8217;s Office remains the lead investigative agency. The FBI continues to assist in the investigation as it is both agencies&#8217; goal to determine who is responsible for Sherri&#8217;s abduction.

Anyone with information about the location where Sherri was held, the suspect vehicle and/or identities of the two suspects are urged to contact the FBI at 916-746-7000 (select option 1), online at tips.fbi.gov or your local FBI office. A reward up to $10,000.00 has been established for information leading to the identification of the suspects.

This press release is in lieu of a press conference/interviews and no further details about the investigation will be released at this time due to the continuing open and active investigation.

Please check the Sheriff&#8217;s Office Facebook and Twitter pages as updates about the investigation will be posted as they come available;
https://www.facebook.com/Shasta-County-Sheriffs-Office-1527637610823075/
https://twitter.com/ShastaSheriff
16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff&#8217;s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
10/25/17,0700 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics