Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you opening discussion on sharing foot-injury stories? :)

I have one about a cut on my foot! (And I'll spare you.)

jmo

:floorlaugh:

Maybe i read things wrong, but my understanding was the cut happened when she had the fight with the captor and smashed the captors head.
Didn't that happen very shortly before she was released?

Maybe i misunderstood

What struck me is that they did not provide any info on when this physical altercation and cut are alleged to have occurred. If there is a link where LE provides info on when I haven't seen it yet.

Does anyone else think it may have been SP herself that tried the branding on her shoulder..(is that where it was?)
Hence, no one being able to decipher what was written. Must be hard to try to do that on/to yourself.
Easier to cut your own hair tho...

Also wanted to note from reading abt her escapades and family drama, she does sound like a Jodi Arias in training!! lol

jmo

Curious case.
It's more like what we DON'T know-- other than the few facts that are available.

NY Post reporter's spin:

Then they discovered that an incident Papini told cops about — in which she fought back against one of her captors and cut her foot — apparently never happened.

vs what LEO actually said:

“When she was being processed at the hospital … no evidence of a cut was seen in the photographs,” Sgt. Brian Jackson told the Record Searchlight newspaper in Redding, where Papini lives.

22 days is a long while. How long does it take a cut to heal? I guess it depends on how large.
BBM last sentence

It does depend on the location and how large and deep the cut is. But there can be evidence for two to three weeks as stated here....

https://www.advancedtissue.com/signs-that-the-wound-healing-process-is-or-isnt-working/

This time table doesn’t include infection, which can happen if the wound isn’t cared for properly. Of course, the formation of new skin may not show up in photographs, which is what is mentioned by LE.

I wish Sgt Jackson stated how long the trip on the "winding road" was and how long before it occurred prior to being dropped off. Looking at Google Maps, the terrain around Yolo and Woodland looks pretty flat with straight roads. http://www.chicoer.com/article/NA/20171025/NEWS/171029841

Yes, the roads are very straight and flat where she was dropped off. But if she was held to the west toward Lake Berryessa or Clear Lake, the roads are winding once you get past Winters. Winters isn’t far from where she was dropped off.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Woo...1!1s0x80838b954060c195:0xc16aeac6f3b5e9b6!3e0

I don't know if she is telling the truth or not.

But if she is, then it makes total sense that there are 'inconsistencies' in her memory and recall of the traumatic events.

I had some very 'clear and concrete' images and memories of my sexual abuse as a child. And years later, upon seeing some old photos from my uncle's home, I saw that some of what I remembered was not possible. Does that change the fact that he sexually assaulted me on a regular basis? NO. But some of my memories were 'inconsistent' in terms of where it happened. I was certain it happened in a walled off back porch area. But the pictures clearly showed that the porch was wide open, with visual opens to neighbors and other yards. In my mind it was like a black, closed boxed in room. I don't know why my memory is so faulty in that way. Other than trauma?

This has been a weird case from the beginning and nothing new that's been released has cleared it up. Shaking my head.

I really hope the Papinis do a televised interview.

THE PRESS RELEASE IN FULL

PRESS RELEASE
*Sherri Papini*
**Kidnapping Investigation Update**
Over the past 11 months the investigation into the abduction of Sherri Papini has been a top priority for the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office. A short time after the report of Sherri’s
disappearance on November 2, 2016, the Sheriff’s Office consulted with the FBI, as well as
numerous other local, state and federal agencies. These agencies continue to assist the Sheriff’s Office in this investigation and their assistance is appreciated.

On November 2, 2016, the Sheriff’s Office responded to the original 9-1-1 call made by Sherri’s husband, Keith Papini, who discovered Sherri missing from their home. A copy of the 9-1-1 call can be downloaded from https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index.aspx.

At that time, the Sheriff’s Office initiated an extensive investigation to determine Sherri’s location. The Sheriff’s Office utilized all appropriate resources to determine whether Sherri’s disappearance was voluntary or involuntary to include, but not limited to, looking into the Papini’s personal lives, interviewing friends, family members, past acquaintances and witnesses and reviewing surveillance video where available, as well as other pertinent information. Over 20 search warrants were executed in the effort to determine Sherri’s whereabouts. The search warrants remain sealed by order of the Shasta County Superior Court. The Sheriff’s Office also conducted a polygraph exam of Keith and excluded him from involvement in Sherri’s disappearance. Keith has volunteered to take an additional polygraph exam if needed for the investigation.

By November 17, 2016, the Sheriff’s Office had reviewed a voluminous amount of reports, tips and search warrant data. In this review, the Sheriff’s Office discovered Sherri was texting with a male acquaintance from Michigan. Days prior to Sherri’s disappearance, Sherri and the male acquaintance texted each in an attempt to meet while the he was in California. Sheriff’s Office Detectives interviewed him in Michigan and determined he was not involved in Sherri’s disappearance.

On November 24, 2016, Thanksgiving Day, a trucker travelling northbound on Interstate 5 saw Sherri on the side of the highway in Yolo County and stopped to assist. CHP and EMS
responded. Emergency personnel found Sherri bound with restraints. Information about the
restraints remains confidential as part of the on-going investigation. Sherri later stated that she had been dropped off on the side of County Road 17 near Interstate 5 by one of her captors whom she described as a younger Hispanic female.

Sherri was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital where evidence was collected, to include
photographs of injuries and swabs for DNA analysis. Sherri appeared battered and bruised, her hair had been cut to shoulder length and she had a brand on her right shoulder. Sherri, however, stated she had not been sexually assaulted, and there is no physical evidence to indicate otherwise. The Sheriff’s Office continues to examine the brand and its possible meaning, but details of the brand remain confidential as part of the on-going investigation.
Sheriff’s Office Detectives initially interviewed Sherri at the hospital. Sherri provided detectives with limited details about what occurred on November 2, 2016, and a limited description of two female suspects - the only two people Sherri had contact with during her 22 days of captivity. These suspects, however, made efforts to conceal their identities with face coverings. Sherri described the suspects as:

Suspect #1: younger adult Hispanic female, dark curly hair, pierced ears, thin eye brows
Suspect#2: older adult Hispanic female, straight black hair with some grey. Thick eye
brows

The California Department of Justice examined evidence collected from Sherri and two DNA profiles were compiled and uploaded into the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), the national database that compares DNA profiles electronically with known offender profiles. Keith was excluded.

Keith and Sherri Papini have remained in contact with the Sheriff’s Office and the FBI. Sherri,continues to provide details as she can recall them, but has not been able to provide a complete detailed statement due to her poor recollection.

An FBI sketch artist met with Sherri and rendered a sketch of each suspect as described by
Sherri. These sketches will be released by the FBI at https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinginfo/unknown-individuals. It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provide accurate details to the sketch artist. The sketches then needed to be finalized and approved for release by the FBI.

Sherri also described the suspect vehicle as a dark colored SUV with a large rear side window. Sherri continues to look at photographs of various makes and models of SUV’s in an effort to provide a more detailed description.

The Sheriff’s Office has received over 600 tips from around the world in this investigation and continues to review all tips that it receives. The Sheriff’s Office is aware of the multiple news headlines regarding reported kidnapping from other law enforcement agencies across the United States. The Sheriff’s Office continues to follow up with those agencies to determine if the Sherri Papini investigation is related to any of those incidents.
The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office remains the lead investigative agency. The FBI continues to assist in the investigation as it is both agencies’ goal to determine who is responsible for Sherri’s abduction.

Anyone with information about the location where Sherri was held, the suspect vehicle and/or identities of the two suspects are urged to contact the FBI at 916-746-7000 (select option 1), online at tips.fbi.gov or your local FBI office. A reward up to $10,000.00 has been established for information leading to the identification of the suspects.

This press release is in lieu of a press conference/interviews and no further details about the investigation will be released at this time due to the continuing open and active investigation.

Please check the Sheriff’s Office Facebook and Twitter pages as updates about the investigation will be posted as they come available;
https://www.facebook.com/Shasta-County-Sheriffs-Office-1527637610823075/
https://twitter.com/ShastaSheriff
16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
10/25/17,0700 hours
From the post above

"In this review, the Sheriff’s Office discovered Sherri was texting with a male acquaintance from Michigan. Days prior to Sherri’s disappearance, Sherri and the male acquaintance texted each in an attempt to meet while he was in California"

It doesn't sound like she told anyone about this. I remember something about Michigan -
Is this new news or did we already know she had been texting someone before she disappeared?
Hmm...
Obviously as they stated he wasn't involved.
[emoji848]
Mind boggling!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As I see it, everything about this news release was intended to ramp up pressure on the Papinis without actually saying that LE doubts their story. Without a confession and apparently no smoking gun has turned up, they can't outright say they don't believe the story. Too much liability. They believe they know what DIDN'T happen - they're just not sure yet what DID happen.

But there's a specific reason for everything they released. Why say they investigated Mich Man only to say he wasn't involved? They could have just left it out. The fact that they included it indicates to me that they think it's relevant; maybe the guy wasn't involved, but his imminent hook-up with Sherri was a stressor for her.

The sketches look rather comical, if you ask me. They don't validate her story, they kind of make a mockery of it.

The brawl in the bathroom, the gunshot and then one captor taking her to safety (who happened to be the one whose head Sherri supposedly slammed into the toilet) is movie stuff. Not real life. And they were careful to tell us that the cut foot didn't hold up.

The DNA is also at odds with her story. How would a man's DNA get on her clothes if she had no contact with men?

LE has been very shrewd with this release. And I think that by the end of the year, there will be a conclusion to this case.

Agree
I wonder if KP knew about the texts before this release? And there is no reason to include the MI man if not involve, unless.....

“I’m so tough I slammed my captor’s head...”

That new detail of her story reminds me of that blustery kid in elementary school telling tales to build playground cred.

Still trying to figure this out. I've read that Michigan man is not involved. But could he have a jealous girlfriend who might be?

From the post above

"In this review, the Sheriff’s Office discovered Sherri was texting with a male acquaintance from Michigan. Days prior to Sherri’s disappearance, Sherri and the male acquaintance texted each in an attempt to meet while he was in California"

It doesn't sound like she told anyone about this. I remember something about Michigan -
Is this new news or did we already know she had been texting someone before she disappeared?
Hmm...
Obviously as they stated he wasn't involved.
[emoji848]
Mind boggling!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
BBM

IIRC We didn't know she had been texting the guy in Michigan, but we did know that LE had flown there as part of the investigation. We certainly wondered why!

When I consider 'Michigan Man', it sounds like someone might have been pretty unhappy with their current life.

Or someone who needs constant attention and something exciting happening, some drama.

The baffling part to me is the drop off. If we can figure that out, I think all the tangles will work themselves out. Who in the world dropped her off in chains, why, and why that dramatic date?

jmopinion

Almost one year later and still not a clue what to think.

On the bright side, SP wasn't sexually assaulted.

Current most likely scenario: SP got involved with the wrong man and the wife or girlfriend wanted payback.

Just thinking about this branding. Recently I burnt my arm - nothing special but I had blisters and those turned to pink skin. Made me think that there is a timeline for healing of burns and a severe branding - I would imagine they would do for sex trafficking - would take a while to heal.

So, when did the branding take place, LE should be able to have and idea - coz if that branding is healed - then it probably occurred way before the 'abduction'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim