Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see it, everything about this news release was intended to ramp up pressure on the Papinis without actually saying that LE doubts their story. Without a confession and apparently no smoking gun has turned up, they can't outright say they don't believe the story. Too much liability. They believe they know what DIDN'T happen - they're just not sure yet what DID happen.

But there's a specific reason for everything they released. Why say they investigated Mich Man only to say he wasn't involved? They could have just left it out. The fact that they included it indicates to me that they think it's relevant; maybe the guy wasn't involved, but his imminent hook-up with Sherri was a stressor for her.

The sketches look rather comical, if you ask me. They don't validate her story, they kind of make a mockery of it.

The brawl in the bathroom, the gunshot and then one captor taking her to safety (who happened to be the one whose head Sherri supposedly slammed into the toilet) is movie stuff. Not real life. And they were careful to tell us that the cut foot didn't hold up.

The DNA is also at odds with her story. How would a man's DNA get on her clothes if she had no contact with men?

LE has been very shrewd with this release. And I think that by the end of the year, there will be a conclusion to this case.

BBM

They weren't her own clothes as I noted in links up thread. The gray sweats must have belonged to one of the women who likely had contact with a male. She went running in pink and was released in gray.

JMO

BBM

They weren't her own clothes as I noted in links up thread. The gray sweats must have belonged to one of the women who likely had contact with a male. She went running in pink and was released in gray.

JMO

So the kidnappers are smart enough to cover their faces at all times, yet dumb enough to give Sherri their own clothes instead of just buying something new for her at Wal-Mart?

BBM: About the clothes.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html#storylink=cpy

Those are not the clothes she went running in -

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html#storylink=cpy

So whatever went on she ended up in a gray sweat suit. So male DNA was found on the clothes and it wasn't her husband's but female DNA was found on her body.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html#storylink=cpy

Seems odd to say the least. Or could it be as simple as she ended up wearing these gray sweats that belonged to one of the women and the DNA is touch DNA - male on the outside and female on the inside as in a Male removed the clothing from the woman.

SP just happened to end up wearing it at some later time.

JMO
Or maybe the sweatpants and top were a male's clothing that she was wearing and had not been cleaned prior to her wearing them.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

So the kidnappers are smart enough to cover their faces at all times,

But they didn't, did they? At best they covered half their faces. I didn't think baddies had used bandannas to cover the lower half of their faces since low budget 1950s westerns.

So the kidnappers are smart enough to cover their faces at all times, yet dumb enough to give Sherri their own clothes instead of just buying something new for her at Wal-Mart?

I was thinking the clothes may have been purchased from a thrift store - I know they would have been washed but maybe DNA would still be present? I dunno. Also, even brand-new clothes get handled while on shop racks. So who knows? It will be interesting if we ever learn more details about type and location of DNA.

I just realized that Sherri is so tiny, it's unlikely she was giving men's clothing. So there goes my thrift store theory, I guess.

Hey!

Just saw the scroll this morning.

Bravo said:
Apparently. I think we are sitting on the same bench. Push over. We may need more room. LOL

:fence: :fence: :fence: :fence: :fencefall:

Stripehaven said:
snipped by me....

Interesting about the male DNA. Was "he" posing as a woman to confuse SP? So very many questions..

Well, the sketch of the "older woman" looks like a man to me! The bushier eyebrows and the eyes, just look "male" to me.

I agree with you Quiet Time!

trenchmouth said:
snipped by me...
Was she ever given a lie detector test?

article from post #504:
Both Papini and her husband have passed polygraph tests regarding their accounts of the incident, authorities said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...025-story.html

I don't know "what" to think about this one!

Although it’s not related to SP’s kidnapping, I was disturbed to read about the complaints family members made about her to LE between 2000-2003. Family doesn’t usually get LE involved until actions become intolerable, so I assume these reports are the tip of the iceberg. It is not connected to the kidnapping years later, of course. But this is not normal behavior. I hope she got help and overcame whatever was going on at that time.
JMO

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

"Records obtained this spring by The Bee through the California Public Records Act revealed that Papini’s family members at one point had accused her of harming herself and blaming the injuries on others.

In a December 2003 incident report filed with the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Papini’s mother, Loretta Graeff, alleged her daughter had hurt herself and blamed the injuries on her. The report is only two sentences long. It doesn’t say whether the department found evidence that Papini – then 21 years old – had in fact harmed herself.

The call by Loretta Graeff was one of several made to law enforcement by members of Papini’s family between 2000 and 2003. In 2000, her father, Richard Graeff, alleged his daughter burglarized his residence. Three years later, he alleged she made unauthorized withdrawals from his checking account. In 2000, her sister, Sheila Koester, alleged her back door had been kicked in and she believed Papini was the suspect. The reports provide no details about arrests. Detectives did not respond to questions about whether Papini had ever been charged with a crime."

[h=1]New details revealed in California mom's disappearance[/h]
716271687d97652e10dd704e88a51f3b

[FONT=&quot]SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A California sheriff released new details Wednesday in the mysterious case of a young mother who was found battered and bruised but alive along a freeway after she was missing for three weeks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Shasta County sheriff's department also released sketches of two suspects.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The department said investigators collected male DNA from the clothing that victim Sherri Papini was wearing when she was found on Thanksgiving and female DNA that was discovered on Papini's body. The samples have not been identified.[/FONT]

<modsnip>

https://www.yahoo.com/news/details-revealed-california-moms-disappearance-233024851.html

I tried to upload but it says my pic has an incorrect file extension.... anyone know how to fix it?

I was thinking the clothes may have been purchased from a thrift store - I know they would have been washed but maybe DNA would still be present? I dunno. Also, even brand-new clothes get handled while on shop racks. So who knows? It will be interesting if we ever learn more details about type and location of DNA.

I just realized that Sherri is so tiny, it's unlikely she was giving men's clothing. So there goes my thrift store theory, I guess.

Most thrift stores don't wash the donated clothes before selling them, because it's expensive to do so. Kind of gross, but true.

The DNA on SP's clothing, track suit could be explained away in several ways. It could have transfered from the vehicle , or as posters have stated , from the abductors clothing or even from the point of purchase.
It could become important if the same DNA could be found wherever she was held (??)
The second pic certainly looks like a man to me, even the hairline

All JMHO

I tried to upload but it says my pic has an incorrect file extension.... anyone know how to fix it?

After you paste the link, uncheck the little box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and then try posting it.

"The Shasta County Sheriff&#8217;s Office released new details about her disappearance on Wednesday &#8212; saying they found numerous inconsistencies in Papini&#8217;s account."

The DNA on SP's clothing, track suit could be explained away in several ways. It could have transfered from the vehicle , or as posters have stated , from the abductors clothing or even from the point of purchase.
It could become important if the same DNA could be found wherever she was held (??)
The second pic certainly looks like a man to me, even the hairline

All JMHO

And it depends on the source of the DNA, I suppose. You could make different inferences based on the source (hair, body fluid, etc.) and where on the garment the source was found.

And, as others have said, what is the source of the clothing?

From what we know now, the male DNA doesn't really narrow it down, though perhaps is a clue that the story may (or may not) match reality.

I am hopeful, however, this case will be solved. Might take awhile.

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member