Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people making the assumption that SP's husband did not know about her texts to the man in Michigan? For all we know, her husband was planning on meeting the man along with SP. We have no indication the texts were anything suspicious or secretive. LE has also stated they cleared the man of having any involvement.

Why are people making the assumption that SP's husband did not know about her texts to the man in Michigan? For all we know, her husband was planning on meeting the man along with SP. We have no indication the texts were anything suspicious or secretive. LE has also stated they cleared the man of having any involvement.

I don't think the man was involved in anyway. But don't you find the timing incredibly suspicious? The timing of planning to meet up with this man, and then "being abducted" during the same week tell me that KP had no idea he existed.

Also, KP was interviewed by several media outlets. I think it was 2020 that I gave him a full hour long segment. He never mentioned anything about planning to meet up with somebody. If he knew about Michigan man, he certainly would have mentioned that. Even if he just knew she was texting somebody, he would have brought that up because that person would be suspect number one in his mind. But he never made any mention of SP texting or planning to meet a man. I would bet a large amount of money that he had no clue Michigan man existed.

Why are people making the assumption that SP's husband did not know about her texts to the man in Michigan?

For all we know, her husband was planning on meeting the man along with SP.

We have no indication the texts were anything suspicious or secretive. LE has also stated they cleared the man of having any involvement.

:seeya:

1st BBM: JMO but I think he knew about the texts ... Remember ... when KP got home and found that SP was not there, he immediately used that "find a phone app" -- BEFORE calling LE -- to locate her and bingo ... KP finds her phone with the headphones attached in place on the ground just down the road from their home.

2nd BBM: Good points and LE has stated that this "mystery man" did not have any involvement ...

:thinking: But still questioning WHY LE mentioned him ...

JMO but I think there was "trouble in paradise" and I think KP kept a close eye on his wife ... I don't think they were the "happy couple" as has been portrayed in the media ...

:moo:

I have always been curious about how the phone was found. Placed on the ground , not dropped or thrown.
Was SP abducted as she bent to tie a shoe? Had she placed her phone on the ground?
It just seems strange that it would be found the way it was, at least to me JMO

Wouldn't KP have seen some of the texts when he had Sherri's phone? What about at home - did she have a laptop he or police searched? He might not have known about Michigan before she was abducted but he certainly knew after, likely before his public interviews.

Has his 911 had already been posted? This is the first time I heard it.
http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-911-call-released-husband-keith/

I don't think the man was involved in anyway. But don't you find the timing incredibly suspicious? The timing of planning to meet up with this man, and then "being abducted" during the same week tell me that KP had no idea he existed.

Not really, but then I text old acquaintances to meet up all the time whenever I hear they are going to be in my area. My husband is aware if I invite someone I used to know to have coffee or something. And most of the time my husband will join us or the person will be invited to our house for dinner. I really don't see the big deal in her sending texts to a man from out of town she used to know. LE followed up and cleared him as they would have done with any person she had recently communicated with. If this was a woman she texted would people be making as big of deal about it? Probably not, but LE would have followed up the same if it was a woman- in fact it might have been relevant to follow up on a woman from SP's past texting her since SP claims 2 woman abducted her. JMO.

After sleeping on this, I think the police released new information for one reason and one reason only. They wanted KP to know that SP was having an affair with Michigan man and planned to meet up with him around the time she went missing. They released a whole bunch of other stuff to make it look like it wasn't just about that. But in my opinion, that was the key message, and they were talking to an audience of one.

Oh, I have no doubt Keith has known of this all along. Before she ever left would be my guess.

BBM: Exactly ... why mention him if he was NOT involved in the kidnapping? No doubt she was texting other people and they would have been ruled out.

But to distinguish this man from out of state raises more questions and flags, IMO.

JMO but it tells me that LE is questioning SP's "story" ...

I think they released the info because it was known they went to Michigan, and if they left it out people would have been asking about it.

1st BBM: JMO but I think he knew about the texts ... Remember ... when KP got home and found that SP was not there, he immediately used that "find a phone app" -- BEFORE calling LE -- to locate her and bingo ... KP finds her phone with the headphones attached in place on the ground just down the road from their home.

2nd BBM: Good points and LE has stated that this "mystery man" did not have any involvement ...

:thinking: But still questioning WHY LE mentioned him ...

JMO but I think there was "trouble in paradise" and I think KP kept a close eye on his wife ... I don't think they were the "happy couple" as has been portrayed in the media ...

It was an iPhone, right? I think we had heard that. So there's no way he could access it, even if he found it. Unless he knew her four digit code to get into the phone. But nobody knows my four digit code, not even my husband or children. And I'm not doing anything nefarious, for the record. [emoji23][emoji23]

Anything church (Bethel) related in the latest news? Many out there think they know.

Also, KP was interviewed by several media outlets. I think it was 2020 that I gave him a full hour long segment. He never mentioned anything about planning to meet up with somebody. If he knew about Michigan man, he certainly would have mentioned that. Even if he just knew she was texting somebody, he would have brought that up because that person would be suspect number one in his mind. But he never made any mention of SP texting or planning to meet a man. I would bet a large amount of money that he had no clue Michigan man existed.

Why would he bother mentioning a man that LE cleared of having any involvement? And if he had not yet been cleared at the time of that interview, then KP might have been instructed by LE not to mention him. There were MANY more crucial details we didn't know at the time of that interview that he DID discuss-- like the way she was released and the extent of her injuries, how she was coping, etc.. Many details were not released by LE on purpose-- like they never confirmed they had video from the church until now. They stated they could not describe the brand or the location of the brand other than to say it was "a message". They didn't even reveal how short her hair had been cut back then. IIRC, LE were also somewhat upset that KP released as many details as he did. LE was likely holding onto as many details as possible in the hopes that if they found a suspect, that suspect would slip up and say something that had not been told to the press. JMO.

It was an iPhone, right? I think we had heard that. So there's no way he could access it, even if he found it. Unless he knew her four digit code to get into the phone. But nobody knows my four digit code, not even my husband or children. And I'm not doing anything nefarious, for the record. [emoji23][emoji23]

He probably could have accessed it. Not everyone uses the 4 digit code and since he used the location app I think he knew her code (if she had one) anyway.

I don't use the code on my iphone. (I use it on my ipad and my husband knows the code, same for my laptop password.)

Well, IMO the fact that LE released the information about the Michigan man even though he had nothing to do with the disappearance plants a lot of seeds. Why would LE do that?

He used the "find my iphone app" which I believe requires that Sherri had given him access to find her phone if it was missing/lost. My husband knows my passwords and I can get into his phone, computers, etc too. I guess everyone is different in that-- there have been times when I was driving and needed my husband to get info off my phone for me while he was in the passenger seat and vice versa. I really don't see what KP being able to access her phone has to do with anything though...

KP wouldn't mention Michigan man if he were trying to paint a picture of SP as the perfect wife and super mom.

Well, IMO the fact that LE released the information about the Michigan man even though he had nothing to do with the disappearance plants a lot of seeds. Why would LE do that?

Because they had previously stated they went to Michigan as part of the investigation? It was not new that they investigated someone in Michigan. It was only new info to us that nothing came of that lead and that the reason they went there in the first place was because of texts.

After sleeping on this, I think the police released new information for one reason and one reason only. They wanted KP to know that SP was having an affair with Michigan man and planned to meet up with him around the time she went missing. They released a whole bunch of other stuff to make it look like it wasn't just about that. But in my opinion, that was the key message, and they were talking to an audience of one.

For what reason? And what makes you think KP wasn't already informed of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie