Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherri Papini's Account of Abduction Is Believable, Says Investigator

A sergeant investigating the 2016 alleged abduction of California mom Sherri Papini says he believes Papini’s account that she was kidnapped by two Hispanic females.

“There is no information that would indicate that it is not true,” Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Brian Jackson, who was one of the first investigators to interview Papini, tells PEOPLE.
“It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provide accurate details to the sketch artist,” a sheriff’s office press release obtained by PEOPLE states.

Jackson tells PEOPLE he hopes “somebody will be able to recognize the females in those and provide us with concrete information so we can move forward and get some people in custody.”

Jackson says Papini had both male and DNA on her when she was found: the male DNA from the clothing she was wearing, and the female DNA taken from her body after she was taken to the hospital. The DNA sample did not produce matches to known offenders.

Jackson says Papini’s alleged female abductors gave her clothing to wear. Therefore, he says it’s possible “that the clothing that was provided to Sherri are clothes that belonged to somebody who was an acquaintance of the captors, and hopefully down the road, once we get these females identified, we will get the answers for that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sherri-papini-apos-account-abduction-151719568.html

I am not crazy with the way LE is behaving but am sure they have their reasons. Seems very odd though, they are doing a form of victim blaming in a way, in my opinion. Maybe just trying to agitate her but it seems harsh.

Please see above new quotes from LE saying they BELIEVE Sherri's account and they hope the female suspects will be found. He is even explaining how the unknown male DNA could have gotten on the clothes given to her. Why would LE say the above if they wanted to "agitate" Sherri or victim blame her? They are saying they believe her. They said last year that they believed her too.

<modsnip>"Until recently, the house, which has a yard scattered with children's toys and several clapped-out cars parked behind it, belonged to Kenneth and Kathleen but in April 2017, the couple bought it outright &#8211; paying just over $128,000 for the property. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4718540/Kidnapping-victim-Sherri-Papini-lives-recluse.html

Also, no one had ever seen her jogging before.

"They also said she no longer jogs but insisted that it was unusual to see her running even before the apparent kidnapping."

"I've been here 12 years and I've never seen her jogging. The only time I've ever spoken to him [Keith] was when she went missing. He came to ask if he could search my yard."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We do have some evidence that points to an unhappy relationship:

1. A past history of many of SP's relationships being troubled and unhappy. Three of her immediate family members called police on her. She is divorced. She has a documented record of mental health issues and tumultuous relationships.

2. Neighbors of KP and SP called 911 and said they heard SP screaming.

I

Having a previous divorce points to your current relationship being unhappy? I don't get that.

SP has "documented" mental heath issues? I'd like to see a link for that please. Same with the neighbors hearing SP screaming. I thought they heard loud "Jaws" TV sounds whatever that means. Maybe the "screams" where from the "Jaws" show. JMO

Thread is closed for review and cleanup.

Take a breather and check back later.

Please read and read again the first three opening posts of this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-21&p=13005956#post13005956

One of the basic principles of Websleuths TOS (The Rules) is being victim friendly. Think about your post before submitting it to the thread. Ask yourself &#8220;Does this have the effect of painting the victim(s) in a negative light?&#8221; If your answer is yes, don&#8217;t post it. We don&#8217;t have to post every thought that goes through our heads. Have some restraint and post in accordance with TOS and as advised by Tricia and/or WS staff.

&#8220;Inconsistencies&#8221; in a story are just that &#8230; it does not necessarily mean they are lies.

If LE says they have no reason to disbelieve SP, why are so many here disbelieving her? Do you know more than LE?

from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...herri-Papini-lives-recluse.html#ixzz4wltKsJgf

&#8230; investigators refute critics who say she made it all up ...

and

Detective Kyle Wallace, who is leading the police investigation, said: 'The investigation is ongoing and we have no reason to disbelieve her.

'If someone reports that they are the victim of a horrible crime, we believe them.'

Hinting at a hoax perpetrated by the victims is the same as victim blaming. Do NOT do it.

LE have cleared the man from Michigan as having any involvement. When LE has cleared someone, do not continue to speculate on them or SP&#8217;s relation to them. As nobody knows the reason that SP was communicating with this individual, it can only be speculation based on no known fact.

I'm late and catching up, so this has probably already been posted, but the cited article has been updated...

A previous version of this story said that both Papini and her husband took and passed a polygraph test. Only her husband took the test.

So, no, SP did not pass a polygraph.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is what the article say's now.
Papini’s husband passed a polygraph test regarding their accounts of the incident, authorities said.

It doesn't say that Sheri did not pass a polygraph. It doesn't mention whether she took one or not let alone a pass or fail grade.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sherri-papini-shasta-20171025-story.html

It's never been explained how Keith knew Sherri was coming back home. Afaik.
:moo:

SBM
Can you or anyone else explain what this means. I feel like I missed out on something very important.

True. But in this case father, mother and sister were all calling the police on SP.

Yes. But we don't know the family dynamic. Maybe SP has emotional issues---but the rest of the family may as well.

Possibly. To my knowledge none of them have gone missing for three weeks though.

I'm sure that LE has looked at the family dynamics in this case. They surely have looked at Sherri's personal dynamics as well.

So far they believe her. JMO

SBM
Can you or anyone else explain what this means. I feel like I missed out on something very important.

I'm not the OP but I don't think KP ever said he KNEW Sherri was coming home on Thanksgiving. Here is the article I think is being referenced:

Ken said his son had always believed he'd bring his family back together.

Last week he promised their two children, Tyler four and Violet, two, that 'mommy' would be home by Thanksgiving.

'Of course we all hoped it would come true, you have to have faith,' said Ken.

'But we had planned to have a nice family Thanksgiving and none of us were allowed to mention it, we would only talk about forgiving and thanks. 'None of us imagined it might actually come true.'

'None of us imagined it might actually come true.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...omised-children-d-holidays.html#ixzz4wm9FgdeJ

Key words bolded by me. The thing is that "he promised" wording is the reporter's words. It is NOT a direct quote of KP nor his father saying anyone made such promises to the children. We don't know exactly what KP told the kids. It seems he expressed hope that SP would be home for Thanksgiving. KP's father says they were hoping and mentions having faith. And his father says TWICE that they didn't imagine it would come true. This seems pretty typical of the way most loved ones of missing people would act, IMO. Many people hope and pray their missing loved ones will be home for a major holiday. It just so happens that SP was found on Thanksgiving Day. IIRC, later we also found out SP did not see her kids for a few days after being found. So she was NOT actually home with her kids on Thanksgiving Day. IMO, KP didn't KNOW anything. He hoped.

I'm not the OP but I don't think KP ever said he KNEW Sherri was coming home on Thanksgiving. Here is the article I think is being referenced:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...omised-children-d-holidays.html#ixzz4wm9FgdeJ

Key words bolded by me. The thing is that "he promised" wording is the reporter's words. It is NOT a direct quote of KP nor his father saying anyone made such promises to the children. We don't know exactly what KP told the kids. It seems he expressed hope that SP would be home for Thanksgiving. KP's father says they were hoping and mentions having faith. And his father says TWICE that they didn't imagine it would come true. This seems pretty typical of the way most loved ones of missing people would act, IMO. Many people hope and pray their missing loved ones will be home for a major holiday. It just so happens that SP was found on Thanksgiving Day. IIRC, later we also found out SP did not see her kids for a few days after being found. So she was NOT actually home with her kids on Thanksgiving Day.

Thanks for the quotes and the context. Makes sense to me now. The OP seemed to imply something that didn't make sense to me.

This is what the article say's now.

It doesn't say that Sheri did not pass a polygraph. It doesn't mention whether she took one or not let alone a pass or fail grade.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sherri-papini-shasta-20171025-story.html

After the article there is an edit that says:

A previous version of this story said that both Papini and her husband took and passed a polygraph test. Only her husband took the test.

ETA - this article also says she didn’t take one

https://www.google.com/amp/gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini/amp/

I'm sure that LE has looked at the family dynamics in this case. They surely have looked at Sherri's personal dynamics as well.

So far they believe her. JMO

So what? Her past and her current psychology could have a lot to do with what happened to her. The fact that she's a victim of a crime doesn't change that.

After the article there is an edit that says:

ETA - this article also says she didn’t take one

https://www.google.com/amp/gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini/amp/

Your link is defective. When I Google it it brings me to this.

http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini/

Shasta County deputies say Keith Papini has undergone a polygraph test, but Sherri Papini has not, and they have not asked her to because she is a victim.

Looks like LE hasn't asked her to take one because they feel she is a victim. Makes sense to me.

So what? Her past and her current psychology could have a lot to do with what happened to her. The fact that she's a victim of a crime doesn't change that.

I'm not sure why you have "So what?" in your reply to my post. My post doesn't seem to be out of line with what you're saying.

I am having a terrible time remembering all the details. Did the hospital do a tox screen on SP to see if she had been drugged? If so, do we know what the results were?

Also, when I was reading the mod posts at the beginning of the thread, I was reminded that there was a VI in this case. Does anyone remember what that person's theory was as to why SP was abducted?

I'm not sure why you have "So what?" in your reply to my post. My post doesn't seem to be out of line with what you're saying.

You said LE so far believes her. Once again: So? That's irrelevant to the issue of how SP's history and personal dynamics may be tied to this case and what happened to her.

You seem to think those issues only matter if one doesn't believe she was a victim here. But that's not true.

I am having a terrible time remembering all the details. Did the hospital do a tox screen on SP to see if she had been drugged? If so, do we know what the results were?

Also, when I was reading the mod posts at the beginning of the thread, I was reminded that there was a VI in this case. Does anyone remember what that person's theory was as to why SP was abducted?
The VI was steering in the direction of sex trafficking and when asked where the VI thought WS members should focus in order to help the VI suggested that we focus on any violent crimes committed by women within a 150 mile radius of Redding, CA.

The VI was steering in the direction of sex trafficking and when asked where the VI thought WS members should focus in order to help the VI suggested that we focus on any violent crimes committed by women within a 150 mile radius of Redding, CA.

Maybe I'm wrong because I'm certainly no expert, but can't we take that off the table now? There was no sexual assault and I don't feel they would have disfigured her by breaking her nose and burning her body if they were planning to sell her or pimp her out or anything of that nature.

Maybe I'm wrong because I'm certainly no expert, but can't we take that off the table now? There was no sexual assault and I don't feel they would have disfigured her by breaking her nose and burning her body if they were planning to sell her or pimp her out or anything of that nature.
That was off the table back then too since a woman like Sherri Papini has zero value to sex traffickers and even less value (if that were possible) once there was interest in her disappearance beyond the immediate Redding vicinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89