Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not it's intentional, KP seems (to me) to have this odd quality--whether calling 911 or being interviewed--of communicating as though he's narrating a story. Often with elaborate, sometimes dramatic embellishments. It's not necessarily disingenuous, though to be honest, it can come across that way, and I think it works against him. I have never in my long life come across someone who has this same communication style. It's almost as though he's perpetually outside the events looking on, and letting us as 3rd-party or audience know what's happening play by play, lest we miss something he feels is key.

He'd probably be a terrific sportscaster. :)

JMO, IMO

The only thing that caught my attention when listening to Keith during the 911 call was his hesitation when asked things like his name or how do you spell it etc.

I then realized that he was so upset that he couldn't immediately spell his own name for the 911 dispatcher,

That made me believe that he was being truthful. JMO

I think many of those inconsistencies can be explained.

And I think that every case, even solved cases, have inconsistencies, or loose ends.

The Denise huskins case had a lot of inconsistencies, leading everyone to believe that she and her bf were lying. But they told the truth about being kidnapped.

JMO

So the ruse was pointless because LE had evidence from other sources to make the arrest. Thanks.

It doesn't matter if you think it was pointless or not, I was merely pointing out that LE do lie to the public and to suspects about whether foul play is suspected or not, whether someone is a suspect or not and so on. LE could be doing the same thing in this case and misleading the public about the direction the investigation is going in or telling suspects that they believe them when they don't - whether you think it's pointless or not, LE do use these strategies.

I also think they just diidn't realize she wasn't as young as they originally thought she was with her very slight frame.
I know LE has said it wasn't sex trafficking but without a suspect I just can't figure how can they be sure of that.

JMO

What did they want her for? Three weeks and no sexual assault/trafficking/slavery.

I think many of those inconsistencies can be explained.

And I think that every case, even solved cases, have inconsistencies, or loose ends.

The Denise huskins case had a lot of inconsistencies, leading everyone to believe that she and her bf were lying. But they told the truth about being kidnapped.

JMO

I agree.

And that makes me understand why LE has come out publicly saying they believe SP's account. I haven't seen anything in the inconsistencies that prove to me that Sherri has fabricated her ordeal. JMO

It doesn't matter if you think it was pointless or not, I was merely pointing out that LE do lie to the public and to suspects about whether foul play is suspected or not, whether someone is a suspect or not and so on. LE could be doing the same thing in this case and misleading the public about the direction the investigation is going in or telling suspects that they believe them when they don't - whether you think it's pointless or not, LE do use these strategies.

I know that LE lies all of the time. In fact it's totally legal. I have no issue with that.

I just don't see why they would in this case. JMO

What is difficult for me to get past is the multiple injuries over a period of time aspect. I can imagine someone going to extremes to self injure in order to conceal some wrongdoing. But repeatedly?

I have long felt it highly possible that she went willingly (based on phone/headphone placement). In my opinion only, she had planned to be picked up at (and returned to) that spot. Perhaps she had done so before as a way to not be tracked. However, maybe it was a setup, and maybe she wasn't picked up by the person she expected (could it have been an angry wife/girlfriend instead?) after all. Then maybe she was taken somewhere and subjected to the mistreatment we have heard about.

OR, perhaps she went willingly with a love interest and tarried (purposefully or not), then didn't expect her husband to discover the odd nature of her absence (phone and headphones deposited on the side of the road sans their owner) via the phone app so quickly. Then, maybe she realized the gig was up. Or maybe, once the missing persons report was filed, she felt compelled to do something (short of suicide) that would be sufficiently horrific to not only justify her absence, but also to deflect interest from her extra curricular activities, at least in the short run.

These are just some scenarios that have floated around my mind, and are purely conjecture. I don't have links handy, but will get them and add here.

Again, please know that ALL of the above is MOO.

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/2...uestions-over-super-mom-kidnapping-claim.html

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Right. The repeated injuries over time are what is significant.

There are people who injure themselves horrifically but over time like that? And the weight loss?

However, to play devil's advocate, here are some bizarre cases in which women horribly injured themselves or tie themselves up in ways people believe they could not have done on their own, and all of that was staged:

"Man held after woman found raped and tortured," read the headline, and there was his name, along with a quote from a police officer: "In 19 years of police work, this has to go down as one of the most brutal attacks I have ever seen."

Minutes before Gonzalez's arrest around 2 p.m. on Feb. 1, 2008, Tim Geiges placed a frantic 911 call. By the account he would give consistently in years to come, he'd just returned from work and found his wife, Tracy West, naked and bound in an upstairs bedroom of their Simi Valley home in the 1900 block of Penngrove Street.
"Somebody tied her up, and I just got home — oh my God…" He was whimpering. "I just untied her head just now. She's crying. I need somebody, please!"

He found West, 33, in the emergency room of Simi Valley Hospital and followed her across the street to Safe Harbor, a forensic facility where sexual assault victims are examined and interviewed. Her appearance suggested an attack of concentrated malice. Her face was swollen, her lip gashed, her hair torn out in chunks. A cord, found tied around her neck with a slipknot, had left an angry red line, and there were burns on her stomach and ring finger.
Later, Del Marto would remember how she looked away and pulled herself into a fetal position as she talked. It was the body language he'd seen in dozens of sexual assault cases.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-accused-20110626-story.html
Jemma Beale has been described as a "very convincing liar" who injured herself with barbed wire to back up one of her claims.
Jemma Beale was branded a "very convincing liar" as she was sentenced for four counts of perjury and four counts of perverting the course of justice.
The 25-year-old from Bedfont in west London had claimed she was gang raped by nine male strangers and sexually assaulted by six men in four different encounters over a three-year period.
https://www.google.com/amp/news.sky...a-beale-jailed-for-false-rape-claims-11003341
Earlier this year, Harmon ran into a Denison, Texas, church and told the people that she had been kidnapped and raped by three masked black men. At the time she was wearing only a bra, T-shirt and underwear and was bloodied and looked battered—apparently to sell her story, which successfully incited racist backlash all across social media.
http://www.theroot.com/white-woman-who-lied-about-being-kidnapped-raped-by-3-1797302783

Good points! If there was no abduction it sure seems she went to the extreme with the reported injuries, shackles, brand, etc to make it appear like one.

With the disclosure by LE regarding the Michigan man it made me wonder if she found herself in trouble unexpectedly. Could she have had a planned meetup with someone that she did not want to reveal that went terribly wrong..either it wasn't who she thought it was or someone else intervened and harmed her.

If she was too embarrassed or wanting to keep it a secret could it have led her to enhance or distort aspects of what happened to her without the entire ordeal being a fabrication?

I'm grasping at straws to believe her account in spite of the inconsistencies and some much too coincidental aspects of it.

BBM

Thats my theory. A hookup that started out consensual, maybe consensually rough, bdsm perhaps, and things went farther than she anticipated or got out of control.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BBM

Thats my theory. A hookup that started out consensual, maybe consensually rough, bdsm perhaps, and things went farther than she anticipated or got out of control.

You'd think that LE would have found texts messages or emails or Facebook messages about this though. They found the messages to the Michigan guy, so Sherri obviously wasn't doing much to hide the fact she was trying to meet up with people. If she met up with the wrong by guy and things went wrong, why haven't LE found an electronic paper trail to the guy.

You'd think that LE would have found texts messages or emails or Facebook messages about this though. They found the messages to the Michigan guy, so Sherri obviously wasn't doing much to hide the fact she was trying to meet up with people. If she met up with the wrong by guy and things went wrong, why haven't LE found an electronic paper trail to the guy.

I agree. A consensual BDSM encounter gone bad doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe it didn't start online? I agree with you though, it's difficult for people to not leave tracks no matter how hard they try. I'm sure they've combed through her emails and social media accounts looking for clues.

I would set my phone and headphones down carefully if I encountered something I needed to pick up off the ground, saw an injured animal that needed attention, or any number of other things. I would assume a distraction had been set up for her, something that would cause her to stop and possibly set her things down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They may have found more messages, but not been able to trace the men.

There are a lot of apps that poof messages away...

http://sourcedigit.com/7511-top-10-self-destructing-anonymous-secret-messaging-apps-2/

https://mashtips.com/self-destructive-message-apps-for-android/

They may have found more messages, but not been able to trace the men.

There are a lot of apps that poof messages away...

http://sourcedigit.com/7511-top-10-self-destructing-anonymous-secret-messaging-apps-2/

https://mashtips.com/self-destructive-message-apps-for-android/

Is the suspicion of their being other men based on the fact that she had been in contact with the old friend from Michigan, or is there something else?

My other theory is a drug binge. And this one I base on personal experience with a relative.

This family, close relations, always presented themselves as better than everyone else. They would put down relatives, criticize their habits, housekeeping, child rearing, etc. Relatives were often discpuraged, quite coldly, from visiting. There were a few odd incidents over the years. Wife went out on a girls night and came home with a black eye and broken arm. Got tipsy, apparently, and fell in the bathroom. She got migraines, and called me one evening when she was having a severe migraine to see if I had any old pain meds she could have. She lost a job or two, reasons unclear.

Turns out she was a complete drug addict. She would disappear on binges, was in and out of rehab, lost jobs because she stole money, tried to get the refills of meds prescribed to relatives. This all came out when they lost their house and had to move in with her mom. She died a year or so later. They raised three daughters, the oldest as a teen told her father to leave her mom, throw her out of their house, repeatedly. It was very, very bad and they hid it very, very well.

So.... some people will go to extraordinary lengths to hide drug abuse and present their family as perfect when the truth is very different.

Maybe a drug binge, and a cover story to "keep up appearances"

Whether or not it's intentional, KP seems (to me) to have this odd quality--whether calling 911 or being interviewed--of communicating as though he's narrating a story. Often with elaborate, sometimes dramatic embellishments. It's not necessarily disingenuous, though to be honest, it can come across that way, and I think it works against him. I have never in my long life come across someone who has this same communication style. It's almost as though he's perpetually outside the events looking on, and letting us as 3rd-party or audience know what's happening play by play, lest we miss something he feels is key.

He'd probably be a terrific sportscaster. :)

JMO, IMO

"Signature long blonde hair"......

Do you have a theroy that ties in the clandestine relationship, secret messages that LE can't trace and the brutal beat down that Sherri suffered?
Could be a number of things. Could be simply a bad choice of gentleman and he beat her up a couple times. Or perhaps willing bdsm that got out of hand.

Do you have a theory?

Is the suspicion of their being other men based on the fact that she had been in contact with the old friend from Michigan, or is there something else?

Yes, I think the way LE released the info about Michigan Man implied there was something extramarital there. I doubt they would have released it otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member