Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been travelling along here without having to be reprimanded and
I wanted to shout out to Websleuths for giving us such latitude in discussion.
It is such a crazy situation and I think the posters have done an excellent job of being supportive yet questioning of the situation without being at all disrespectful. Thanks WS!

:seeya:

BBM: I second this !

This case was hinky from the get-go IMO ... and then when it was made public about certain "incidents" in SP's past, it opened up :worms: that could not be ignored.

Then a year later, a Newsweek article entitled:

Is Sherri Papini a Victim or a Liar? 1 Year Later, Details Don’t Line up in California Mom’s Kidnapping

Link: http://www.newsweek.com/sherri-papini-1-year-later-cops-say-details-dont-line-california-moms-700262

:shakehead::shakehead:

:moo:

To me this indicates an exam was done. Despite her statement it makes sense they would want to do so to make sure- maybe she was drugged or whatever and not aware. So they had to rule it out.

And yet I get stuck at the injuries at various stages of healing. She'd have to be crazier than is possible under the circumstances for that to be faked I feel. I mean she has not been arrested, or had the police called on her or been hospitalized to our knowledge, in the last decade or so. She had two kids and seems to have been raising them normally.

Snipped for space-
I can't believe LE wouldn't at least get pictures of any and all injuries and the brand. LE said there were no signs of a cut on her foot, so it stands to reason they did have a look at her foot at some point. I'd think any facial/head injuries would be looked at closely as well just to rule out head injuries.

BBM- well the police were called out to the house when the TV was playing to loud at 11pm.

I also think it's quite possible that her parents were willing to call police because they'd been dealing with a lifetime of BS from her. Eventually you reach a breaking point or the behavior escalates to a point where you no longer feel safe. I cannot believe that she was so out of control back in her younger years and then wakes up having her crap together randomly one morning. I wouldn't be surprised to find out KP has been dealing with similar behavior for years. With SP's history of harming herself and blaming it on others, KP would be taking a huge risk in getting LE involved if SP was acting out in any fashion. Who are LE going to believe, the 100 lb woman with a black eye or the 160 lb man with no injuries?

I'm not willing to write off self-inflicted injuries, especially with a reported history of self-injuring. Self-injurious behavior is fairly common. http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/self-injury or http://mhai.org/Self_Injury.pdf

I've been re-reading all the threads on Sherri in my spare time and I've only finished up to thread 3 so it's slow going. But the phone being off for a time was brought up in thread 3 and it was due to this interview with a sheriff deputy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oU260uQH7o&feature=youtu.be

He states in the video that her (Sherri's) cell phone connections went dead around noon that day. And she hasn't been seen since then.

That is the earliest mention of the phone being off. I hope to continue reading with thread 4 today and refresh my memory of all the small details I have forgotten. lol

I've been re-reading all the threads on Sherri in my spare time and I've only finished up to thread 3 so it's slow going. But the phone being off for a time was brought up in thread 3 and it was due to this interview with a sheriff deputy.

He states in the video that her (Sherri's) cell phone connections went dead around noon that day. And she hasn't been seen since then.

That is the earliest mention of the phone being off. I hope to continue reading with thread 4 today and refresh my memory of all the small details I have forgotten. lol

Thank you sassyblue! I had never seen those interviews before. The first interview was a year ago today BTW!

BBM. Not sure what you mean by her always being "on the offensive" but LE DID say she kept her head down in their presence:

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sketches-of-suspects-in-papini-case/644975307

That sounds like cowering to me. JMO.

Or it sounds like a convenient way to explain why she doesn't have better descriptions.

I agree, we don't yet know when in the timeline she slammed the captor's head into the toilet. I have tried to find out, with no luck.
One reason I was wondering is because the cut to her foot she reports was not seen by LE, BUT if that happened early on in the timeline, I think it may have had enough time to heal by the time she was released.

We know it had to have happened near the end because if not, LE would have zero reason to mention the inconsistency of not finding a cut on her foot. It's interesting that they released that info at all. Bizarre in fact. Why did they release that? What purpose does it serve?

So if the phone was "dead", findmyiphone wouldn't work.

Does she ever run up to the church and knock on the doors like she said she did?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You can see a shadowy figure running towards the church, then walking away for a second like they are looking around, then running again back out towards the road. The person never comes into any clear view or even near the camera. It could be bigfoot for all we can tell from that video. I'm sure some will claim it's not her or that she ran too fast for her condition. :elfroll:

In some cases, the lost device has a dead battery or is simply turned off. So does Find My iPhone still work? Live tracking will not work, but Find My iPhone may still be able to lead you to your missing phone by showing you its last known location.

Instead of a green circle on a map identifying the iPhone's current location, the last known location of the iOS device will be displayed by a grey circle.

https://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/973125

You can see a shadowy figure running towards the church, then walking away for a second like they are looking around, then running again back out towards the road. The person never comes into any clear view or even near the camera. It could be bigfoot for all we can tell from that video. I'm sure some will claim it's not her or that she ran too fast for her condition. :elfroll:

Well, I am going to go with it being her, I can't imagine LE releasing it as her if they were unsure
It is too bad it is not clear, very hard to see anything, really

**NEWS RELEASE**
Sherri Papini Kidnapping Investigation
Yolo County, CA Church Surveillance Released
On November 24, 2016, at 4:22 a.m. Yolo County law enforcement received a 911 call regarding a female identifying herself as Sherri Papini having been located on the northbound on ramp to Interstate 5 in Yolo CA. During a canvas of the area on that day, detectives located video surveillance of Sherri Papini walking in the area of a nearby Jehovah’s Witness church located at 13980 County Road 99W, Woodland, CA. Upon review of the video surveillance, only one camera located on the south side of the building captured Sherri Papini walking in the area of the Highway 99W and the Interstate 5 northbound interchange. Sherri Papini can be seen running to the church north on Highway 99W and then south on Highway 99W until she goes out of view, heading toward the Interstate 5 northbound on ramp. The video surveillance was date and time validated by detectives as occurring on November 24, 2016 at 4:15a.m.
A copy of the video surveillance can be obtained off of the Shasta County Sherriff’s Office Web page; www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index.aspx, click the link for the church video surveillance.

16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
11/07/17

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1890570014529831&id=1527637610823075

I agree, I have used DM, but I try to use it either for photos, or after I drill down a bit further. It reminds me of the Nat'l Enquirer, sure, they're right sometimes, but they take liberty with the truth, imo.

That's what I think too. They can get stuff right often enough that they shouldn't be dismissed (like tabloid/ct sites) especially since sometimes they provide the best overall summaries, and they get good photos. But they get enough wrong that they have to be checked.

**NEWS RELEASE**
Sherri Papini Kidnapping Investigation
Yolo County, CA Church Surveillance Released
On November 24, 2016, at 4:22 a.m. Yolo County law enforcement received a 911 call regarding a female identifying herself as Sherri Papini having been located on the northbound on ramp to Interstate 5 in Yolo CA. During a canvas of the area on that day, detectives located video surveillance of Sherri Papini walking in the area of a nearby Jehovah’s Witness church located at 13980 County Road 99W, Woodland, CA. Upon review of the video surveillance, only one camera located on the south side of the building captured Sherri Papini walking in the area of the Highway 99W and the Interstate 5 northbound interchange. Sherri Papini can be seen running to the church north on Highway 99W and then south on Highway 99W until she goes out of view, heading toward the Interstate 5 northbound on ramp. The video surveillance was date and time validated by detectives as occurring on November 24, 2016 at 4:15a.m.
A copy of the video surveillance can be obtained off of the Shasta County Sherriff’s Office Web page; www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index.aspx, click the link for the church video surveillance.

16-40875
Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Major Crimes Unit
Sergeant Brian Jackson
530-245-6172
11/07/17

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1890570014529831&id=1527637610823075

Video:
https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/li...county-church-surveillance-video.mp4?sfvrsn=0

BBM

Thanks for finding that. I’m still not seeing why a few have said their service was temporarily turned off. I guess it’s just a matter of interpretation and wording.

Thanks, Steleheart. I’ve decided that those who make comments about the phone being turned off by the provider need to back up their statement. I don’t have time to go searching. So I’ll let it go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12