Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm sure that the Sheriff's Dept. means well, but IMO this is another instance of "too little, too late"... almost a year too late.

I think LE is trying to push the envelope a little bit with SP. Dripping out info and playing their hand close to the chest.

Where is the cloth/shirt that Allison Suttonsaid SP was waving frantically? Did AS get every bit of her account wrong?

I think LE is trying to push the envelope a little bit with SP. Dripping out info and playing their hand close to the chest.

Where is the cloth/shirt that Allison Suttonsaid SP was waving frantically? Did AS get every bit of her account wrong?

Maybe what she saw was the hood?

There was a chain around her waist.One arm was attached to the chain. She had been restrained to something inside the car before being released. There were hose clamps on her ankles that supposedly were used to inflict pain. I never got the impression she had restraints around her Ankles. Most of this information is in the media thread and the early threads.

Honestly? I don't know what to think about that video.

jmo

Doesn't make any sense why they would release that video now. Anybody have an explanation?

I want to see video from the other camera's around that church. Why are they only releasing this one... and again WHY? what is the point? what is this supposed to accomplish?

With regards to the cell phone service being shut off, does anyone else remember that Keiths sister was on the same plan and hers was shut off also that afternoon? Am i dreaming that ? Or was it reported way back when all of this happened?

I'm not understanding what's so sensational about the video being released. Some headlines would have you believe it just surfaced. The Shasta Sheriff's Office spoke about it in October so it's no surprise;

Police confirm they have CCTV footage of Sherri Papini after she was dumped by captors
SHERRI Papini was captured on surveillance video running towards a highway after she was dumped by her abductors, police have revealed.

The revelation comes after detectives in Shasta County, California, released dramatic new details of the bizarre case and admitted they were struggling with inconsistencies in Ms Papini’s version of events.

It has since emerged that police are in possession of CCTV footage from a church showing the mother-of-two running up an on ramp to Interstate 5 in Yolo County on November 24 last year after 22 days in captivity.

It is not clear how long police have been in possession of the video or why they have not released it but news.com.au has submitted a request to Shasta County Sheriff’s Office for a copy.

Sherri originally reported when she was released that she ran to a church but no one was there so IMO the release of the video just corroborates that part of her story.

Doesn't make any sense why they would release that video now. Anybody have an explanation?

I want to see video from the other camera's around that church. Why are they only releasing this one... and again WHY? what is the point? what is this supposed to accomplish?

I have no idea what it accomplishes.
It is really hard to see anything. I wouldn't know who I was looking at if LE didn't tell me who it was a video of
All I get out of watching this is that she was able to move freely and quickly

I thought I read that that was the only camera that recorded anything??
Someone, please correct me if I am wrong
I hope I am wrong

The first part of the video makes sense to me. Running from a road where kidnappers drop you off to a church to seek help is something almost all of us would do. The second part makes no sense. Would anyone run back towards the exact spot where they had just been dropped off by kidnappers?

Also, on the top half of the screen, does it look like it is raining? I didn't realize it was raining that night.
I havent followed this case all that close, so I don't know a whole lot. I agree, running away would make sense and be everyone's first instinct. But if she can't find anyone, or someplace safe to go, maybe she thinks to go back to the road because there is traffic there and that is probably the ONE place her kidnappers wont be. Who knows. I honestly don't know what to make of this case.

I'm not understanding what's so sensational about the video being released. Some headlines would have you believe it just surfaced. The Shasta Sheriff's Office spoke about it in October so it's no surprise;

Police confirm they have CCTV footage of Sherri Papini after she was dumped by captors

Sherri originally reported when she was released that she ran to a church but no one was there so IMO the release of the video just corroborates that part of her story.

Yes, it does corroborate that part of her story. So I guess some might wonder why it took almost a year to release it. The case wouldn’t have been hurt if it had been released immediately and it might have helped people on the fence believe her. But there’s no accounting for LE’s way of doing things, I guess. Do they need SP’s permission to release the video?
JMO

I have no idea what it accomplishes.
It is really hard to see anything. I wouldn't know who I was looking at if LE didn't tell me who it was a video of
All I get out of watching this is that she was able to move freely and quickly

I thought I read that that was the only camera that recorded anything??
Someone, please correct me if I am wrong
I hope I am wrong

No you're right, you did read that was the only camera. However, this is also the cctv footage that 1 year ago LE said didn't contain any footage of SP. So I take what they have to say with a grain of salt.
There are commenters on the article saying there are more cameras surrounding the church.

Hi everyone- I'm new to this case in terms of posting, but have been reading on it for a while. The video strikes me as LE starting to put out the evidence they do have while putting some pressure on the family. There's no danger in releasing the video since it pretty much is hard to see, however it may start to show others that they're going to start going this route now. My gut tells me LE is frustrated and not buying a lot of the story they were told but hasn't been able to completely get to where they need to.

No you're right, you did read that was the only camera. However, this is also the cctv footage that 1 year ago LE said didn't contain any footage of SP. So I take what they have to say with a grain of salt. T

here are commenters on the article saying there are more cameras surrounding the church.

It was the church people who said there wasn’t anything on the tapes, not LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone- I'm new to this case in terms of posting, but have been reading on it for a while. The video strikes me as LE starting to put out the evidence they do have while putting some pressure on the family. There's no danger in releasing the video since it pretty much is hard to see, however it may start to show others that they're going to start going this route now. My gut tells me LE is frustrated and not buying a lot of the story they were told but hasn't been able to completely get to where they need to.

I guess the P's were hoping the whole thing would go away so they can get on with their lives without photographers stalking them, but now LE are releasing more information, drip by drip, and ensuring that the P's are in the media all the time again and ensuring everyone is talking about them and scrutinising them...

I guess the P's were hoping the whole thing would go away so they can get on with their lives without photographers stalking them, but now LE are releasing more information, drip by drip, and ensuring that the P's are in the media all the time again and ensuring everyone is talking about them and scrutinising them...

Yep, well said. I am not seeing many people around who feel like this case can be taken at face value. I have to say, whomever commented pages back that the images of the abductors almost looked like certain people really struck me... I can totally see it.

It was the church people who said there wasn’t anything on the tapes, not LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. But do you think the "church people" lied on their own or do you think LE told them what to say to the media?

Or maybe LE believes SP is telling the truth. (As a matter of fact, they even said so themselves. Remember, we’re talking about trained, experienced professionals who most certainly had their doubts. I’m sure they examined every aspect of her story with a critical eye. If it were false, by now it would’ve fallen apart.) And maybe the release of information shows that LE is still serious about bringing the perpetrators to justice. And maybe the video release is designed to show the naysayers that evidence supports that part of SP’s story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gildern34