Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They have to have evidence to arrest her. They have to have enough probable cause to get an arrest warrant. Also, you are not under oath while being interrogated by the police. Not until trial. I doubt she would ever take the stand.

I am a communications professional, so I know a lot about choosing exact words very carefully. The words they have chosen are interesting. For example:

"Sherri appeared battered and bruised, her hair had been cut to shoulder length and she had a brand on her right shoulder."

APPEARED is a very thought provoking word choice.

You hit the nail on the head.

Everything the MSM has released thus far has been strictly heresay, no photos of any kind and when I say photos I mean photos of SP, I saw that JW church surveillance video which is a bit grainy - if it is SP I did not see any chains on her ankles - no concrete proof of what really happened to her.

Whatever SP's captors told her to say to LE (and it does sound very carefully rehearsed), the $500,000 donation to Redding police from Bethel Church in April 2017, makes me wonder if Redding LE has their hands tied but are trying to drip out information very slowly because of that reason.

Not to mention - KP's testimony which reads like Pulitzer material - like whoever wrote it, has above-average experience in appealing to reader's emotions.

Doesn't Bethel use similar tactics?

It's the charismatic, emotional appeal.

Everything the MSM has released thus far has been strictly heresay, no photos of any kind and when I say photos I mean photos of SP, I saw that JW church surveillance video which is a bit grainy - if it is SP I did not see any chains on her ankles - no concrete proof of what really happened to her.

Whatever SP's captors told her to say to LE (and it does sound very carefully rehearsed), the $500,000 donation to Redding police from Bethel Church in April 2017, makes me wonder if Redding LE has their hands tied but are trying to drip out information very slowly because of that reason.

The Redding Police Department is not handling this case. It’s the Shasta County Sheriff. Sherri disappeared outside the city limits.

I guess the P's were hoping the whole thing would go away so they can get on with their lives without photographers stalking them, but now LE are releasing more information, drip by drip, and ensuring that the P's are in the media all the time again and ensuring everyone is talking about them and scrutinising them...

That made me think of something.

You know, a lot of people come to FL to reinvent themselves - I have to wonder if the P's were warned not to leave CA.......

I have no idea what it accomplishes.
It is really hard to see anything. I wouldn't know who I was looking at if LE didn't tell me who it was a video of
All I get out of watching this is that she was able to move freely and quickly

I thought I read that that was the only camera that recorded anything??
Someone, please correct me if I am wrong
I hope I am wrong

BBM;
It was the only camera that captured her. I imagine there were other cameras at other directions.
Upon review of the video surveillance, only one camera located on the south side of the building captured Sherri Papini walking in the area of the Highway 99W and the Interstate 5 northbound interchange. Sherri Papini can be seen running to the church north on Highway 99W and then south on Highway 99W until she goes out of view, heading toward the Interstate 5 northbound on ramp.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1890570014529831&id=1527637610823075

ETA Sorry just catching up.

The Redding Police Department is not handling this case. It’s the Shasta County Sheriff. Sherri disappeared outside the city limits.

Thank you for the clarification - I wonder if there is any connection, then, between that church and Shasta County.

BBM:

I would love it if you ar someone, can give a link where chains were reported on her ankles.
Tanks.

What’s your take on the wording of the FBI poster? Their words seemed very carefully chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FBI poster tells me that they are not buying what she is selling. They aren't calling this an abduction at all.

My guess is that the reason this is taking so long is that the local police have clashed with the FBI. It appears that the local police either wanted to believe her at first, or had a division within the police department. As time has gone by, I firmly believe they have failed to turn up any evidence of an abduction, so they are slowly getting on board with the FBI's position.

From prior pics Sherri appears to take much pride in her appearance. That dailymail pic....she really doesn't look well. To me.

I'll have to look up a hose clamp
ETA-I have seen those before. Looks like they would be uncomfortable

How does branding "send a message" if LE can't tell what it says or is?

Why do you think they chose her shoulder as the location of the branding?

Would someone be able to tell the difference between a branding and a tattoo that was cut out (not by a trained plastic surgeon) ? Would they heal differently?

I wonder if she will 'disappear' again when the walls close in on her.

I wonder if she will 'disappear' again when the walls close in on her.

I’m really curious what KPs family thinks of her right now. Especially in the past two weeks. Bc it seems like she had way more support in the papinis than the graeffs. Her parents seemed unenthused and not willing to feed into it. Which doesn’t seem that crazy considering the history the police reports tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reports have indicated she is living an isolated life. Not good for anybody. Especially for someone who has been thru....whatever it is she has been thru.

IMO this is getting warmer IDK that this would be pre-planned, none of the stories are consistent as if it was. It's like there are 3 parts - 1) SP is involved in something that likely not known by others and would not want to get out, 2) there is a planned encounter with person(s) for that purpose (not sex) clouded by the confusing timeline but some meetup that goes bad by amatuers, amatuers take her to get something back (money?) and drags out for 3 weeks while they figure out what to do 3) they don't want to kill her to escalate things and decide to dump her, then the cover up of part 1 starts.

Interesting!

The FBI poster tells me that they are not buying what she is selling. They aren't calling this an abduction at all.

My guess is that the reason this is taking so long is that the local police have clashed with the FBI. It appears that the local police either wanted to believe her at first, or had a division within the police department. As time has gone by, I firmly believe they have failed to turn up any evidence of an abduction, so they are slowly getting on board with the FBI's position.

Have to agree with this. It doesn't even indicate a crime was committed.

Here's what I think we're seeing, but I could be completely wrong. If she was headed for the On ramp, why not cut through the parking lot where it's better lit?

attachment.php

Attachments

• papini1.jpg
    papini1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 409
Reports have indicated she is living an isolated life. Not good for anybody. Especially for someone who has been thru....whatever it is she has been thru.
From all indications, she led an isolated life before the disappearance. Neighbors never saw her out and about. She stayed at home. She sold things online. There seems to be very little physical interaction with anyone besides her family.

It seems to me that there could be mental health issues that the Papinis were/are in denial about.

I'M just finding time to read the press release (my iPad is acting up so to go to a link and return to post is like taking a beating).

There were a number of points mentioned that raised my red flags.

No mention of the lady who first saw SP that morning. Only mentioned the truck driver.

Stated over 20 search warrants had been served but all were sealed. Why seal search warrants if something suspicious wasn't found?

SP mentions a dark color SUV with a large side window. This sounds more like a description of a mini van. Also, remember how she said the door was opened and she was thrown/tossed outside the vehicle? This could very well happen in a mini van! I have never understood or pictured in my mind how this occurred in a SUV. I believe she gave a misleading report on type of vehicle.

This story is such a conglomerated mess as we know it today.!
As many of you are, I am just waiting for the bomb to drop to see which one is the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mushiesmum