Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t posted on WS in a year or more but had to come read about this case when I saw the People article. I read thread #1 and this thread to catch up. 😊

A few things... I tried to multi quote but they’re lost and I don’t know where in the two threads I quoted them so hopefully what I ramble about makes sense.

The quote someone posted about KP saying to the kids about mommy being home for Thanksgiving and he says we had such a great Thanksgiving planned and we just couldn’t talk about it anymore. I think he means he didn’t want to talk about their plans for Thanksgiving because he didn’t know if SP would be home. Not he told the kids mommy would be home and then didn’t want to mention that again. Without the quote, I really am just rambling...

In this article, AS states she saw a woman with LONG hair on the side of the road... What!?!?!? How!?

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...pini-was-looking-panicked-and-frightened/amp/

“I saw this woman with long blonde hair in the right shoulder of the freeway and she was waving a piece of fabric that looked like a shirt, waving it up and down trying to flag someone down,” the woman, Alison Sutton, tells PEOPLE. “It was obvious: She needed help.”

There was more but I forget now that I’m all caught up!! Hopefully I’ll get multi quote to work and I can comment better. It’s been nice reading posts and “seeing” familiar posters!

The lady was going fast. People who witness things will fill in blanks in their brains with what they think is logical. She knew a woman with long blonde hair was missing so that's what she saw.

I wonder if she just hooked up with the wrong person's from online. Some have said they goight she was catfished. Like maybe she thought she was
meeting some Casanova and instead met a couple of insane people. I don't know.

I wonder if she just hooked up with the wrong person's from online. Some have said they goight she was catfished. Like maybe she thought she was

That really is the only scenario that makes sense to me right now.

Or maybe LE believes SP is telling the truth. (As a matter of fact, they even said so themselves. Remember, we’re talking about trained, experienced professionals who most certainly had their doubts. I’m sure they examined every aspect of her story with a critical eye. If it were false, by now it would’ve fallen apart.) And maybe the release of information shows that LE is still serious about bringing the perpetrators to justice. And maybe the video release is designed to show the naysayers that evidence supports that part of SP’s story.

I've seen LE say one person is not a POI when they are, I've seen them prepare pressers just to see what the suspect says and how they act, I've seen LE have victims family members involved and have them acting out that they support someone when really LE is just waiting for that someone, that person they suspect to crack. I don't put any weight into what LE said themselves. Chances are whatever they say to us, the public, is a throw off of what they are really working on. jmo.

Or maybe she was trying to get to SF to meet Text Guy and got in a car to hitchhike willingly but everything went south on the way south. Just wild guesses.

I imagine that is how she looked when shw disappeared. We only have the Halloween photos that were recent. The rest were what? 10 years old?

Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I assume some of the pics we saw with her long blonde hair were current because their young children posed with them. The kids are still young.

If LE did not believe her story, couldn’t they just arrest her and ask her under oath? If they did suspect she was lying to them, and that her injuries were self-inflicted, it would do them and her more harm in announcing fraud if she was/is in such a fragile mental state. They wouldn’t want to risk her harming herself further, IMO. I have NO CLUE why they are just releasing this tape now. It seems very odd. And not incriminating either way, IMO.

I dont know how she would be able to brand herself with the branding being on the back of her shoulder?

I dont know how she would be able to brand herself with the branding being on the back of her shoulder?

I can reach my shoulder. I am sure she can too. I could easily take something sharp and make deep cuts on the back of my shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can reach my shoulder. I am sure she can too. I could easily take something sharp and make deep cuts on the back of my shoulder.

I agree, everyone can probably reach the top of their shoulder but I still dont believe she could write a legible message by branding herself on her back. That seems very far fetched to me. And we don't know how far down on her shoulder the branding was located.

I agree, everyone can probably reach the top of their shoulder but I still dont believe she could write a legible message by branding herself on her back. That seems very far fetched to me. And we don't know how far down on her shoulder the branding was located.

I thought it wasn't legible and that was the issue?

The only way that I can perceive it as a message is if Sherri told LE the story behind how the brand/burn/tattoo/whatever was inflicted on her.

But it isn’t a legible message. After a year, LE still doesn’t know what it says.

Detectives themselves are working to decipher what the brand says. Jackson said it contained “obscure letters,” and Papini has allowed detectives to use “alternate light sources and filters” to try to make out what the markings are.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

The lady was going fast. People who witness things will fill in blanks in their brains with what they think is logical. She knew a woman with long blonde hair was missing so that's what she saw.

Indeed.
Sutton tells PEOPLE, “I definitely remembered blonde hair…. As far as the length of it, my brain could have filled in the detail by looking at photos her. It was fast — I just caught a glimpse of her as I drove by — but I have this memory of a panicked look on her face. And now reading what her husband said I feel horrible. I didn’t see the chains, I just saw somebody who really needed help.”

http://people.com/crime/woman-who-c...s-papini-was-looking-panicked-and-frightened/

Sutton tells PEOPLE, “I definitely remembered blonde hair…. As far as the length of it, my brain could have filled in the detail by looking at photos her. It was fast — I just caught a glimpse of her as I drove by — but I have this memory of a panicked look on her face. And now reading what her husband said I feel horrible. I didn’t see the chains, I just saw somebody who really needed help.”

Thank you for finding that quote. That makes sense to me now.

BBM. Maybe I'm overthinking this, or maybe KP left something out, but this doesn't really add up to me. I-5 North is just the northbound lanes of I-5. You can't "live" at I-5 North. She could be in Seattle or in San Diego and there would be I-5 North signs. If all she saw was signs for I-5 then how would she know that her home was to the north?

Unfortunately, a lot of what KP said does not add up. He put the hose clamps on SP's wrists, not her ankles. He said two people dropped her off. He said she might have approached her captors before they grabbed her, if they had been asking for directions (but they had bandannas on their faces). He also used language that doesn't seem to fit reality, like her hair had been "chopped" off. He said she was screaming on the side of the interstate to the point that she coughed up blood and she was down to 87 pounds, but the hospital didn't keep her overnight.

Unfortunately, a lot of what KP said does not add up. He put the hose clamps on SP's wrists, not her ankles. He said two people dropped her off. He said she might have approached her captors before they grabbed her, if they had been asking for directions (but they had bandannas on their faces). He also used language that doesn't seem to fit reality, like her hair had been "chopped" off. He said she was screaming on the side of the interstate to the point that she coughed up blood and she was down to 87 pounds, but the hospital didn't keep her overnight.

It was not just KP who said she had hose clamps on her wrists. CHP on the scene where she was found reported that to dispatch in the audio released. I'm trying to find just the entire CHP dispatch audio but the recording with the dispatch saying she had "hose clamps on her wrists" can be heard just before the minute mark in this video: http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168

Also of note from the CHP audio is that the officer said she was "heavily battered" and "chained to something".

Now that the video of SP that morning has been released, I thought it would be a good idea to go back and listen to the LE raw dispatch audio from when they found her. Some specific clips have been disseminated, such as the CHP describing her as "heavily battered" and "chained to something". But there is supposed to be 25 minutes of raw audio.

In the media and discussion thread, there is this:

But when you play that first link, there's nothing but silence. 30 mins of silence. And the second link is a broken link.

Does anyone have a good link to the complete, raw audio of dispatch?

Now that the video of SP that morning has been released, I thought it would be a good idea to go back and listen to the LE raw dispatch audio from when they found her. Some specific clips have been disseminated, such as the CHP describing her as "heavily battered" and "chained to something". But there is supposed to be 25 minutes of raw audio.

In the media and discussion thread, there is this:

But when you play that first link, there's nothing but silence. 30 mins of silence. And the second link is a broken link.

Does anyone have a good link to the complete, raw audio of dispatch?

Thank you. I have been looking for that. From your link I clicked on a few other soundcloud files and found it: https://soundcloud.com/user-9411702...lexander-488693382/sets/finding-shari-pappini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966