Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why he would say that since there is no way the Kingdom Hall is within 50 yards of the road itself. The ENTRANCE RAMP to I-5 North right at Highway 17 is probably close to 50 yards (maybe a little bit more) as the crow flies.]
Snipped by me.

From the PEOPLE article:

" found by a motorist at an on-ramp at 4:22 a.m."

And do we have another reference to her being S of Yolo other than the original dispatch audio in which that is stated?
We have the VI telling us which way Sherri went. As with all VIs, use your own judgment. I tend to believe that a CHP officer would know if he was south of the Yolo interchange or not. It is important because EMS was dispatched. In determining which EMS unit to dispatch they would have to know where to go. For all we know the closest EMS unit was North of Yolo so knowing that where they needed to be was south of the Yolo interchange they would know to go past the Yolo interchange one exit and come back north. So that is why I tend to think the CHP officer was relaying correct information on where she was found.

Snipped by me.

From the PEOPLE article:

" found by a motorist at an on-ramp at 4:22 a.m."
Well, I don't rely on People magazine for accuracy. Until I see LE quoted on the location she was found I will stay with what the CHP Officer on scene said to CHP Dispatch.

I have no doubt they have tons of info and video that has not been released. Good point that the video shows a continuous feed. I'm not sure that the average person would pick up on that as "a message", however. JMO.
The average person would not pick up on it being a message. LE in releasing that video - which serves no purpose in generating leads and tips - is telling someone or more than one someone: "Look what we can see! And there's more!"

The only purpose in releasing that video other than it being a message would be to dispel people from thinking Sherri was never at the Kingdom Hall like Keith had relayed. But I don't think that is the case since LE seems to be operating in a "stir the pot" manner. I strongly suspect there is a method to their madness.

We have the VI telling us which way Sherri went. As with all VIs, use your own judgment. I tend to believe that a CHP officer would know if he was south of the Yolo interchange or not. It is important because EMS was dispatched. In determining which EMS unit to dispatch they would have to know where to go. For all we know the closest EMS unit was North of Yolo so knowing that where they needed to be was south of the Yolo interchange they would know to go past the Yolo interchange one exit and come back north. So that is why I tend to think the CHP officer was relaying correct information on where she was found.

Maybe. Dispatch info often gets jumbled because it's like a game of Telephone and goes thru multiple people. Remember it was on the dispatch audio that an officer reported hose clamps on her wrists (there has been no reference to that again by LE, only that her ankles were clamped) and that she was "chained to something" (not chained to anything but herself).

So I don't put a lot of stock in the "south of Yolo" comment. I'd put a lot more stock in what a lead investigator says a year later.

The Shasta County Press release:
On November 24, 2016, at 4:22 a.m., Yolo County law enforcement received a 911 call regarding a female identifying herself as Sherri Papini having been located on the northbound on ramp to Interstate 5 in Yolo, CA. During a canvas of the area on that day, detectives located video surveillance of Sherri Papini walking in the area of a nearby Jehovah’s Witness church located at 13980 County Road 99W, Woodland. CA. Upon review of the video surveillance, only one camera located on the south side of the building captured Sherri Papini walking in the area of the Highway 99W and the Interstate 5 northbound interchange. Sherri Papini can be seen running to the church north on Highway 99W and then south on Highway 99W until she goes out of view, heading toward the Interstate 5 northbound on ramp. The video surveillance was date and time validated by detectives as occurring on November 24, 2016 at 4:15 a.m.
A copy of the video surveillance can be obtained off of the Shasta County Sherriff’s Office Web page; www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index.aspx, click the link for the church video surveillance.
https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/press_releases.aspx

Well, I don't rely on People magazine for accuracy. Until I see LE quoted on the location she was found I will stay with what the CHP Officer on scene said to CHP Dispatch.

I'm not sure what's with the PEOPLE hate. You're the second one today.

Christine Pelisek has the byline on the article. She's not some stringer. She's a Senior Writer for them. A few years ago while working with the LA Times, she was instrumental in helping LE catch the Grim Sleeper. She even helped come up with the name "The Grim Sleeper".

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/crime/my-hunt-for-a-serial-killer-reporter-christine-pelisek-uncovers-shocking-case/amp/

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/14/entertainment/la-et-onthemedia-20100714

Okay. So they are saying she was found no further than the indicated location on this screen shot. (There is a light pole there).

attachment.php

Attachments

• SherriFound3.jpg
    SherriFound3.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 343
Okay. So they are saying she was found no further than the indicated location on this screen shot. (There is a light pole there).

attachment.php

This is what I think the press release is saying as well and seems most likely to me. Just for the sake of argument, however, is it physically possible for both the SCSO press release AND the dispatch to be correct? Is there another I-5 Northbound on ramp South of the one near the church? (I'm directionally challenged so I hope this question makes sense)

This is what I think the press release is saying as well and seems most likely to me. Just for the sake of argument, however, is it physically possible for both the SCSO press release AND the dispatch to be correct? Is there another I-5 Northbound on ramp South of the one near the church? (I'm directionally challenged so I hope this question makes sense)
This shows the next exit south of Yolo in relation to the Yolo interchange.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nextexitsouth.jpg
    Nextexitsouth.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 445
This shows the next exit south of Yolo in relation to the Yolo interchange.

attachment.php

Thank you. So, if I have it right, this is a map from the church to the next interchange South of Yolo where there is another Northbound entrance ramp (about 1.4 miles by HWY): https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38....8f2bfb68353!2m2!1d-121.816516!2d38.736024!3e0

I'll probably shock a lot of people with where I'm going with this, BUT let's suppose BOTH the dispatch and the press release are correct. Could she physically get from the church to the next interchange South in only 7 minutes by running? I don't think she could. And maybe the dispatch was incorrect. But if both are correct? Well... :thinking:

Thank you. So, if I have it right, this is a map from the church to the next interchange South of Yolo where there is another Northbound entrance ramp (about 1.4 miles by HWY): https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38....8f2bfb68353!2m2!1d-121.816516!2d38.736024!3e0

I'll probably shock a lot of people with where I'm going with this, BUT let's suppose BOTH the dispatch and the press release are correct. Could she physically get from the church to the next interchange South in only 7 minutes by running? I don't think she could. And maybe the dispatch was incorrect. But if both are correct? Well... :thinking:

Don't see how both are correct. And knowing that the two exits are just a mile apart, it makes it even more understandable that the dispatch would be incorrect. Especially since we already know they were wrong about her being chained to something and apparently wrong on the wrists having clamps.

Don't see how both are correct. And knowing that the two exits are just a mile apart, it makes it even more understandable that the dispatch would be incorrect. Especially since we already know they were wrong about her being chained to something and apparently wrong on the wrists having clamps.

We don't know that:
"Emergency personnel found Sherri bound with restraints. Information about the restraints remains confidential as part of the on-going investigation."
https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/li...estigation-update---october-2017.pdf?sfvrsn=0

We don't know that:
"Emergency personnel found Sherri bound with restraints. Information about the restraints remains confidential as part of the on-going investigation."
https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/li...estigation-update---october-2017.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Despite what that press release says, Jackson has gone on the record elsewhere with more specific information.

"He said when she was found, Sherri Papini was wearing a dark gray sweatshirt, light gray sweatpants and had a chain around her waist with her left wrist tethered to it by a zip-tie. Jackson said Sherri Papini also had hose clamps around her ankles, apparently a form of "pain compliance restraints.""

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.redding.com/amp/795090001

I don't think there's any good reason why he would have left out wrist clamps if they were present. But it isn't definitive, which is why I said "apparently".

A thought. I could put restraints on both my ankles, tie a chain around my waist attached to one hand. Could I attach to both?

She was not found anywhere near the Kingdom Hall. She went where I said. She ran/walked down the EXIT ramp from I-5 North. The ramp next to the Kingdom Hall is an ENTRANCE RAMP to I-5 she did not go down that. When you watch the video Sherri first enters the view coming from the South going North and went to the entrance of the Kingdom Hall - which faces East. When she leaves she is heading SOUTH. She kept going South.

She was found where the arrow points or further south from there.

attachment.php

i am basing my confusion off this: https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/press_releases.aspx which states she was found near the ON ramp not near the EXIT ramp, as somebody else has already pointed out. I can find no official or other LE source that says she was near the exit ramp.

A thought. I could put restraints on both my ankles, tie a chain around my waist attached to one hand. Could I attach to both?

Think this is my 1st time commenting on this case, but been reading for a long time!

Yes, it's quite easy to fully restraint yourself, including rendering yourself completely immobile, and you don't need anything fancy. You have probably seen cases (often times stars) where they die from something self-inflicted and "kinky". ;)

If I recall correctly, they said she was not "cut" but had "burns" which says to me the brand is a burn and not something carved into her. Brands that are burned into someone, often heal very oddly and can partially scar or not scar at all in some spots. If picked at or an ointment is used the skin is less likely to bubble up and such. People who get brands done as body modifications often struggle with even healing. I BELIEVE that Caucasian skin leaves less of a scar then people who are darker. Unless she also had burns on her hands I cannot imagine HOW she would have burned her own shoulder, which is just one of the reasons why I don't feel this is a hoax.

The hose clamps on her ankles would have been quite tight as they were for "compliance". This generally means they are tightened to the point that a person is pretty much forced to tip toe as the Achilles tendon is pushed in. I have no clue how long she had these on for or how tight they were, but they would have definitely cut into her skin and depending on the time would have probably left some scars and raw skin under them, especially after adrenaline kicked in and she was free to run. It's so hard to tell if she is running on flat feet or tip toed, but at that point if survival was the only thing on her mind, that pain wouldn't have stopped her from running. (You see women run in HIGH heels all the time).

All JMO

Maybe the reason SP has been so careful what she tells LE, there might be consequences waiting for her that could cause her even more trouble.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member