Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hose clamps on her ankles would have been quite tight as they were for "compliance". This generally means they are tightened to the point that a person is pretty much forced to tip toe as the Achilles tendon is pushed in. I have no clue how long she had these on for or how tight they were, but they would have definitely cut into her skin and depending on the time would have probably left some scars and raw skin under them, especially after adrenaline kicked in and she was free to run. It's so hard to tell if she is running on flat feet or tip toed, but at that point if survival was the only thing on her mind, that pain wouldn't have stopped her from running. (You see women run in HIGH heels all the time).

All JMO

Respectfully snipped by me, BBM

That thought occurred to me, too. If she had hose clamps on her ankles, would that not interfere with her ability to walk and especially run.

I also keep coming back to the "branded message on her shoulder."

Maybe it is just me, but considering how her story has been constructed so far it is almost as if the vital clues are really metaphors for something.

Like carrying a burden upon one's shoulder.

Something so deeply ingrained nothing can be done to remove it.

I only hope SP seeks the right help she needs, for her own sake, for the sake of her husband, and her children.

Just some things I’ve been pondering...
Was it ever mentioned if SP gave any indication of how long she thought she was in the vehicle after being abducted?
Was it a straight shot from where she was picked up, to where she remained for 3 weeks?
Any time spent in a different location?
Considering that 2 of the women were wearing bandannas and a 3rd was sporting a hood, can we assume there weren’t any pit stops made for food, gas or a bathroom?

What about the day of her release? I wonder if the drive was shorter, or longer considering she was found 150 miles from home?

I think KP mentioned that prior to being pushed out of the vehicle, they had traveled down a “long, winding road”.
But how does he know it was long and winding? Did SP tell him this, or is just one of his overly descriptive “word salad” explanations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thought occurred to me, too. If she had hose clamps on her ankles, would that not interfere with her ability to walk and especially run.

Maybe it is just me, but considering how her story has been constructed so far it is almost as if the vital clues are really metaphors for something.

I only hope SP seeks the right help she needs, for her own sake, for the sake of her husband, and her children.

Most kinds of hose clamp are very lightweight and have one screw that is used to tighten (reduce the diameter of the clamp). In the Papini scenario the captor would have tightened the screw to punish her for something. But when letting her go, you'd have to think that the clamp would have been loosened. So running with it wouldn't be much different from a prisoner who makes a break for it while wearing a home detention monitoring unit on his ankle. They'll find him because of the GPS but the unit itself doesn't prevent running.

Most kinds of hose clamp are very lightweight and have one screw that is used to tighten (reduce the diameter of the clamp). In the Papini scenario the captor would have tightened the screw to punish her for something. But when letting her go, you'd have to think that the clamp would have been loosened. So running with it wouldn't be much different from a prisoner who makes a break for it while wearing a home detention monitoring unit on his ankle. They'll find him because of the GPS but the unit itself doesn't prevent running.
Rather than loosen the clamps enough for her to run, I would think the captors would remove the clamps altogether in case of fingerprints.

Also, a poster upthread mentioned that s/he had once lost substantial weight in a short time, but was still able to run effectively. But I imagine that SP would not have been allowed much physical activity during the period she was losing weight. Restricted activity combined with rapid substantial weight would seem to me a combo that would leave her weakened and unlikely to be running rapidly and strongly - adrenaline or no.

Think this is my 1st time commenting on this case, but been reading for a long time!

Yes, it's quite easy to fully restraint yourself, including rendering yourself completely immobile, and you don't need anything fancy. You have probably seen cases (often times stars) where they die from something self-inflicted and "kinky". ;)

If I recall correctly, they said she was not "cut" but had "burns" which says to me the brand is a burn and not something carved into her. Brands that are burned into someone, often heal very oddly and can partially scar or not scar at all in some spots. If picked at or an ointment is used the skin is less likely to bubble up and such. People who get brands done as body modifications often struggle with even healing. I BELIEVE that Caucasian skin leaves less of a scar then people who are darker. Unless she also had burns on her hands I cannot imagine HOW she would have burned her own shoulder, which is just one of the reasons why I don't feel this is a hoax.

The hose clamps on her ankles would have been quite tight as they were for "compliance". This generally means they are tightened to the point that a person is pretty much forced to tip toe as the Achilles tendon is pushed in. I have no clue how long she had these on for or how tight they were, but they would have definitely cut into her skin and depending on the time would have probably left some scars and raw skin under them, especially after adrenaline kicked in and she was free to run. It's so hard to tell if she is running on flat feet or tip toed, but at that point if survival was the only thing on her mind, that pain wouldn't have stopped her from running. (You see women run in HIGH heels all the time).

All JMO

BBM;
Respectfully, the hose clamps were not on her ankles, they were on her wrists.

Looking at what LE's actual words are, in this recording, the dispatcher says ;
She's chained with a quarter inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists

The audio is @ 0.20 - Mom Found ‘Heavily Battered’ After 3-Week Disappearance

BBM;
Respectfully, the hose clamps were not on her ankles, they were on her wrists.

Looking at what LE's actual words are, in this recording, the dispatcher says ;

The audio is @ 0.20 - Mom Found ‘Heavily Battered’ After 3-Week Disappearance

Sorry, was it just KP then who said that they were on her ankles? I remember people posting on this a lot yesterday with links for and against wrists vs ankles vs both.

JMO, As someone who has been in a very sadistic relationship myself, I can't see how hose clamps would be used for "pain compliance" on the wrists, but I can fully comprehend it on the ankles. Either way, just want to make sure I have facts (As far as we have been told) straight. Thank you!!!

PS
Is it possible that some of the information seems to be twisted from both KP and LE on purpose? Like could LE be hoping to get messages from the suspects trying to correct misinformation? Not sure if that's something that happens outside of movies!

Sorry, was it just KP then who said that they were on her ankles? I remember people posting on this a lot yesterday with links for and against wrists vs ankles vs both.

JMO, As someone who has been in a very sadistic relationship myself, I can't see how hose clamps would be used for "pain compliance" on the wrists, but I can fully comprehend it on the ankles. Either way, just want to make sure I have facts (As far as we have been told) straight. Thank you!!!

PS
Is it possible that some of the information seems to be twisted from both KP and LE on purpose? Like could LE be hoping to get messages from the suspects trying to correct misinformation? Not sure if that's something that happens outside of movies!

LOL No, and it's not us either - it's sloppy reporters who misquote and copy each others misquotes. I'm not even sure what KP has said about the clamps.

Different print sources have different details so how can we know what is true?

That's why I keep going back to LE directly.

No worries!

JMO

ETA; Personally I don't subscribe to the disinformation in this case. And if they DID, IMO it would be consistent. RE the clamps, the arriving officer on the scene relayed it to dispatch and it's audio. :cow:

I have been following this thread and want to add my thoughts. One of my biggest issues with this case is KP and SP and all the players, including CG, not being adamant about finding the abductors. The country came together and donated A LOT of money to her gf me page. The least they could do is act like they want these people caught to protect others as well as their own children! That stands out to me among many other things about this case. The fact that KP told their children that "he" found their mom is a huge HUGE red flag to me, coming from having an abusive ex husband that tried and still tries to take the credit for anything he possibly can. Just my opinions

I have been following this thread and want to add my thoughts. One of my biggest issues with this case is KP and SP and all the players, including CG, not being adamant about finding the abductors. The country came together and donated A LOT of money to her gf me page. The least they could do is act like they want these people caught to protect others as well as their own children! That stands out to me among many other things about this case. The fact that KP told their children that "he" found their mom is a huge HUGE red flag to me, coming from having an abusive ex husband that tried and still tries to take the credit for anything he possibly can. Just my opinions
BBM

Welcome auburnmom! You make a very good point. I remember being rather shocked that KP referred to people questioning whether the kidnapping was a hoax as engaging in “subhuman” behavior. If that angry, very charged word is going to be used, wouldn’t his anger be better directed toward the kidnappers?

“Rumors, assumptions, lies and hate have been both exhausting and disgusting. Those people should be ashamed of their malicious, subhuman behavior.”

In his statement, there was not one word about finding the people who took and tortured his wife for 22 days. While that may be understandable in his relief to have her back, it was a carefully crafted statement, not off-the-cuff. It seems that it could have included the hope that Sherri’s cooperation with LE would enable them to catch these criminals, get them off the streets and keep others safe. Did we miss that statement along the way?
JMO

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papi...d-in-bruises-hair-shaved-and-weighing-87-lbs/

PS

Twist? yes I was watching a crime investigation show tonight of a murder in the early 2000's where the DA investigator admitted he lied to the suspect in a murder case during the interogation that they had found the body of the victim even though they had not. The person confessed and they found the body. Suspect got a reduced sentence,

ETA - wonder what would happen if LE were to release that they found the remains of a middle aged hispanic woman possibly connected to the case?

BBM

Welcome auburnmom! You make a very good point. I remember being rather shocked that KP referred to people questioning whether the kidnapping was a hoax as engaging in “subhuman” behavior. If that angry, very charged word is going to be used, wouldn’t his anger be better directed toward the kidnappers?

“Rumors, assumptions, lies and hate have been both exhausting and disgusting. Those people should be ashamed of their malicious, subhuman behavior.”

In his statement, there was not one word about finding the people who took and tortured his wife for 22 days. While that may be understandable in his relief to have her back, it was a carefully crafted statement, not off-the-cuff. It seems that it could have included the hope that Sherri’s cooperation with LE would enable them to catch these criminals, get them off the streets and keep others safe. Did we miss that statement along the way?
JMO

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papi...d-in-bruises-hair-shaved-and-weighing-87-lbs/

Agree. If someone did that to my wife I'd be screaming to LE or anyone to find them, legal or not, and open a can of whoop a$$ when they were found.

Twist? yes I was watching a crime investigation show tonight of a murder in the early 2000's where the DA investigator admitted he lied to the suspect in a murder case during the interogation that they had found the body of the victim even though they had not. The person confessed and they found the body. Suspect got a reduced sentence,

ETA - wonder what would happen if LE were to release that they found the remains of a middle aged hispanic woman possibly connected to the case?

She wouldn't be able to recognize her any way.

When I worked in mental.health, I was called in on an abuse case. A client had a burn on his upper arm. I called in all my resources to investigate. It was actually the nurse that asked me if anyone had a curling iron. Sure enough, one of the staff swatted him with a hot curling iron.

The reason I bring this up is because I keep thinking that is one way you could brand youself. Ir even be simply branded by someone else with an at home item. The top edge of a flat iron is very hot and only about an inch long. You could definitely turn that edge different ways and touch your skin to burn it. You could even make straight lined figures.

I'm not saying this is what hapoened, but every time I read about the brand that they can't understand, I think of that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When I worked in mental.health, I was called in on an abuse case. A client had a burn on his upper arm. I called in all my resources to investigate. It was actually the nurse that asked me if anyone had a curling iron. Sure enough, one of the staff swatted him with a hot curling iron.

The reason I bring this up is because I keep thinking that is one way you could brand youself. Ir even be simply branded by someone else with an at home item. The top edge of a flat iron is very hot and only about an inch long. You could definitely turn that edge different ways and touch your skin to burn it. You could even make straight lined figures.

I'm not saying this is what hapoened, but every time I read about the brand that they can't understand, I think of that.

Thanks! I've seen burns from curling irons. So many objects in a house that could make a low quality brand!
I had considered this brand was likely done with a metal coat hanger bent into a shape and then unevenly heated. I wish they would release an image of the brand. I'm sure they are going over it with their own known gang and HT marks etc but they can't know every mark for every gang or HT ring. Fresh eyes and the WORLD taking a look could bring in some really important leads, esp if SP wasn't the only victim...

JMO

Thanks! I've seen burns from curling irons. So many objects in a house that could make a low quality brand!
I had considered this brand was likely done with a metal coat hanger bent into a shape and then unevenly heated. I wish they would release an image of the brand. I'm sure they are going over it with their own known gang and HT marks etc but they can't know every mark for every gang or HT ring. Fresh eyes and the WORLD taking a look could bring in some really important leads, esp if SP wasn't the only victim...

JMO
Yep! Internet sleuthers and scorned women.... we can figure out ANYTHING! :)

I had no idea something lime this could be ordered. It is inexpensive too!
I think that releasing the photo (or drawing) of the "brand"may be what cracks the case.
I learn something new every day!
https://goo.gl/images/LkojAK
bafcc20b86c9303610e5cd5d9931c46b.jpg

Moo
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No surprise to me that you have this figured out. Suspected you were a member of MEMSA. And, a well-qualified mental health background in NOLA must provide expertise in certain areas such as PTSD. Is your appointment book filled, mpnola?

What is the significance of the discussion about the distance? What difference does it make?

No surprise to me that you have this figured out. Suspected you were a member of MEMSA. And, a well-qualified mental health background in NOLA must provide expertise in certain areas such as PTSD. Is your appointment book filled, mpnola?
I definitely stepped into the deep end of the mental health pool since I ran a residential and day program facility in New Orleans, so those experiences are plentiful! But I'm only the brightest crayon in a very dull box, so definitely no mensa member! But I appreciate your vote of confidence! :)

I had no idea something lime this could be ordered. It is inexpensive too!
I think that releasing the photo (or drawing) of the "brand"may be what cracks the case.
I learn something new every day!
https://goo.gl/images/LkojAK
bafcc20b86c9303610e5cd5d9931c46b.jpg

Moo
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Nice... the S would be for Supermom, of course.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member