Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I’m not mistaken, I think I read he's someone from her past. I don’t know if that means she once had a relationship with him in the past or if he's someone she went to school with and had recently reconnected with online, or what exactly.

BBM - Where did you read that?

BBM - Where did you read that?

I'm not OP, but here is a link:

“'The text messages went back several months to days before her disappearance,' Shasta County Sheriff Sgt. Brian Jackson tells PEOPLE. 'It was a prior contact that she had years before. Somebody she met and kept in contact with. A male acquaintance she was talking with through texting.' Jackson would not specify whether or not their relationship was romantic."

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-abduction-mystery-man-michigan/

. . .if there are Latina kidnappers on the loose, that my friend is the question. Who here or in Redding thinks there are Latina kidnappers on the loose? I would love to know.

... <crickets>...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No need to invent a rationale (and one that flies in the face of the facts) when a perfectly good one is provided in the article. He wasn’t responding to LE (who canvased every inch of SP’s life, assessed the evidence, turned SP’s story inside and out — and concluded there was no reason to doubt her); he was responding to Internet and social media users who (despite not being real detectives and despite having few facts to work with) felt no compunction about leveling unsupported accusations about his wife, the victim of an abominable crime. Sure seems to explain his behavior.

Yeah, the whole social media thing *really* bothered him, the whole interview was fighting back against doubters.

I wonder if he'll ever do an interview showing as much anger against the purported kidnappers, demanding more action by LE, asking for tips, going over the things people might have noticed about the SUV to help identify it, publicizing the sketches, demanding justice for the horrible crimes against his wife... [emoji848]

It must be absolutely horrific for the family to have to stay in that same house, with the kidnappers knowing exactly where they live, fearing for SP's continued safety, and the safety of their children... [emoji849][emoji19]

Yeah, the whole social media thing *really* bothered him, the whole interview was fighting back against doubters.

I wonder if he'll ever do an interview showing as much anger against the purported kidnappers, demanding more action by LE, asking for tips, going over the things people might have noticed about the SUV to help identify it, publicizing the sketches, demanding justice for the horrible crimes against his wife... [emoji848]

It must be absolutely horrific for the family to have to stay in that same house, with the kidnappers knowing exactly where they live, fearing for SP's continued safety, and the safety of their children... [emoji849][emoji19]

I don't see why they would buy that house if they felt any danger at all staying there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lost my post Again. What's up w this site? Posts keep crashing!

I think it may be that the site is overloaded with media. A previous forum I was on (same vBulletin format as this), gifs were disallowed for that reason. (Wondering if your gif avatar might be causing you trouble?)

BBM

Referring to the “subhuman behavior” of those who expressed doubts about SP’s story, but not using equally strong language against the “kidnappers” is very telling IMO.

I don't see why they would buy that house if they felt any danger at all staying there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
BBM

Exactly. We actually went to the trouble of selling our beautiful acreage and home in the redwoods and relocating because we no longer felt safe living there. We weren’t kidnapped but our lives were threatened by an unstable neighbor and the violent crime level had soared in our part of the Emerald Triangle. If we had actually been physically harmed, I would not have been able to return to our home. No way.

JMO

It is unheard of. Those women are in jail/prison. They faced big time and are undocumented so they will be deported after they serve their sentences.

They never grabbed anyone off the street. They kept hired laborers against their will and refused to pay them. Then when the brothers of those laborers came to find out what was happening they forced them to stay as well and work for free.

There were never any Latina kidnappers running around threatening white women and grabbing citizens off the street.

I think we should be real about this situation and what the odds are that the public was ever at risk or that two Latina kidnappers are on the loose.

The fact is, undocumented persons are big targets for various crimes like sexual assault, fraud, trafficking, slavery. They are vulnerable people as they know they can be deported and are often not cognizant of their rights, the law, the language and are terrified of the government. So they are victimized routinely.

Nice little white mamas like SP are not.

I don't think they were facing long sentences. I posted the following last year, but the Calaveras courts website won't load for me so I haven't been able to find out the final disposition.

In an earlier thread, someone linked to the Calaveras County court records relevant to that case. Both women were held with bonds of $800,000. At some point, all of kidnapping and trafficking charges were dropped, leaving only marijuana cultivation and battery charges, and both had their bail reduced to $32,500. Around Nov. 14, MUE posted bond (don't know if she was actually released; there may have been a federal hold if she was in the country illegally) and GSA is still locked up.

Yes.all of that and well we know. I wonder... if she got the premise from that story and possibly adopted the description as well.

Even so it all spells mental illness to me.

Oh! I see what you were saying. Yes. I agree with that. I think that's been a supposition for awhile. The sketches seem to resemble those women as well.

I don't think they were facing long sentences. I posted the following last year, but the Calaveras courts website won't load for me so I haven't been able to find out the final disposition.

Whoa. That's incredible. Perhaps they reduced the sentences because they just want them out. They will definitely be deported with those crimes. But if she posted bond! That doesn't make sense. They wouldn't bother if they knew a reduction in charges was due to a deportation deal.

So the other reasons could be the charges didn't have as much merit as originally thought. Or the victims refused to cooperate
and testify or disappeared.

I choose the latter. Because it would be very rare for undocumented persons to come forward with false allegations as they tend to fear the government and fear deportation.

Whoa. That's incredible. Perhaps they reduced the sentences because they just want them out. They will definitely be deported with those crimes. But if she posted bond! That doesn't make sense. They wouldn't bother if they knew a reduction in charges was due to a deportation deal.

So the other reasons could be the charges didn't have as much merit as originally thought. Or the victims refused to cooperate

I choose the latter. Because it would be very rare for undocumented persons to come forward with false allegations as they tend to fear the government and fear deportation.

Oh man. I was wrong. I looked it up. It was the former! The men who alleged kidnapping were LYING! I guess the illegal pot farm was busted and they didn't want to get in trouble so they pretended they were there involuntarily. Wow. So those women never kidnapped anyone to begin with!!!

https://cacalaverasodyprod.tylerhos...tbY6W5NgrhzKTGTTi92Nrs8U7nqfXixApXPm4k990?p=0

Wow. So their arrest MAY have led to the allegation that two Latinas kidnapped SP but they never were guilty to begin with.

Oh man. I was wrong. I looked it up. It was the former! The men who alleged kidnapping were LYING! I guess the illegal pot farm was busted and they didn't want to get in trouble so they pretended they were there involuntarily. Wow. So those women never kidnapped anyone to begin with!!!

https://cacalaverasodyprod.tylerhos...tbY6W5NgrhzKTGTTi92Nrs8U7nqfXixApXPm4k990?p=0

Wow. So their arrest MAY have led to the allegation that two Latinas kidnapped SP but they never were guilty to begin with.

Wow. Good find. I don't recall learning this before.
So...some people do make up false stories about being kidnapped by two Latina women. Imagine that. Interesting.

Well, I'll be. I wonder if the two women were deported or here legally.

I have some questions about KP's 20/20 interview. As we know, there is no mention of him trying to text or call SP and he doesn't state that in his calm
and detailed 911 call. But regardless, he says he assumed she was with the kids when he got home, saw SP's car there but they didn't come to greet him.

He then used the app and saw the phone was at their mailbox about a mile away. And assumed they were there all together. A map shows he would've had to pass thatmailbox on his way to his house I believe. But he clearly states he was not yet worried. Yet he immediately jumped in the car to go find them. Why? Wouldn't most people if they are not worried, simply take a few quiet moments to themselves? Use the bathroom. Get a drink. Wash their hands. Surf the net free from clamoring kids? Why would someone who assumes they're all together by the mailbox and wasn't worried, jump right in the car after a long day driving around, to go find them?

Second, why did he call his mom first to see if she had talked to SP? Why wouldn't he call the kid's daycare first? Unless his mom and SP talk daily it would seem odd. I wonder what he really said in that call to his mom.

The 20/20 interview then launches into their "rare love story". As if to make sure everyone knows KP had no reason to suspect anything but foul play.

These are the things that make me pause. And raise my eyebrows.

So basically these two women have been falsely accused twice now.

UN-believable! I got totally snookered. So going back to your first reply "It's unheard of" !! It Still Is!, LOL
Well I didn't pay much attention to it last year but I did do Google followups now and again and found nothing. The only reason I looked back over it was that after the sketches came out I put the mug shots of the 2 women together and added masks to them like the sketches. (Crudely, though in Paint) Well aside from the hairstyles they are exactly the same as the sketch. I only wondered if she or even the sketch artist was using recall from that case subconsciously (or purposely re the sketch artist). But even though I am not convinced of the hoax aspect I still can't get past the historical similarities, especially the not-proven-either-way blog post.
I wonder more then about SP's awareness of that story and whether it fit into her mental safety place as I posted before.

Someone did something - along with or to her, but it wasn't these 2 and I doubt it was Latinas at all. I do think she is a troubled woman.

JMO

I have some questions about KP's 20/20 interview. As we know, there is no mention of him trying to text or call SP and he doesn't state that in his calm
and detailed 911 call. But regardless, he says he assumed she was with the kids when he got home, saw SP's car there but they didn't come to greet him.

He then used the app and saw the phone was at their mailbox about a mile away. And assumed they were there all together. A map shows he would've had to pass thatmailbox on his way to his house I believe. But he clearly states he was not yet worried. Yet he immediately jumped in the car to go find them. Why? Wouldn't most people if they are not worried, simply take a few quiet moments to themselves? Use the bathroom. Get a drink. Wash their hands. Surf the net free from clamoring kids? Why would someone who assumes they're all together by the mailbox and wasn't worried, jump right in the car after a long day driving around, to go find them?

Second, why did he call his mom first to see if she had talked to SP? Why wouldn't he call the kid's daycare first? Unless his mom and SP talk daily it would seem odd. I wonder what he really said in that call to his mom.

The 20/20 interview then launches into their "rare love story". As if to make sure everyone knows KP had no reason to suspect anything but foul play.

These are the things that make me pause. And raise my eyebrows.
There's one reason I can think to use the app instead of calling first. He just needed to know where she was, but if he assumed she may be driving, he may not have wanted her distracted driving with the kids. I am torn a lot about calling when my husband is late because I don't want to call him while he's driving. If I was more comfortable with technology, I might use something like this just to see how far from home he is, which is usually all I need to know, when to expect him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There's one reason I can think to use the app instead of calling first. He just needed to know where she was, but if he assumed she may be driving, he may not have wanted her distracted driving with the kids. I am torn a lot about calling when my husband is late because I don't want to call him while he's driving. If I was more comfortable with technology, I might use something like this just to see how far from home he is, which is usually all I need to know, when to expect him.

he would have known that she was not driving, because he was in her car. He drove it down to the mailboxes to look for her. Which is another puzzling thing. He drove home in his own car, then hopped in Sherri's car to go down looking for her at the mailboxes.. why wouldn't he go in his own car?

But her car was home. So he knew she wasn't out driving somewhere with the kids. That's the problem. If he thought she was home, the kids should have been picked up. Which would mean she would have been on foot, with two little kids, on a mostly dirt, "sketchy" road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20