Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For SP to face federal charges for lying to an FBI agent, I believe she would have had to lie directly to that agent. We don't know if the FBI ever interviewed her. Casey Anthony was interviewed by the FBI, but I don't think she was charged with, or convicted of, lying to the federal government.

The fox article I linked above says she's remained in contact with local LE and the FBI, but idk how involved the FBI has been in terms of interviewing her. Didn't she work with an FBI sketch artist to create the sketch of the 2 kidnappers? Either way, I personally don't think she would be charged with lying to an FBI agent, unless LE decided they were really going to make an example out of her. I think the FBI is more concerned with charging white collar criminals who lie to them (i.e. - George Papadopoulos) as opposed to supermoms, but that's just my two cents.

The fox article I linked above says she's remained in contact with local LE and the FBI, but idk how involved the FBI has been in terms of interviewing her. Didn't she work with an FBI sketch artist to create the sketch of the 2 kidnappers? Either way, I personally don't think she would be charged with lying to an FBI agent, unless LE decided they were really going to make an example out of her. I think the FBI is more concerned with charging white collar criminals who lie to them (i.e. - George Papadopoulos) as opposed to supermoms, but that's just my two cents.

I agree. No one died here, so I can't see any federal charge unless this turns out to be a big conspiracy with many players.

I'm just trying to get a gauge of what Sherri is up against if she is proven to be lying about this case.

It seems that she dosen't face much in terms of money.

With the Feds she can see a lengthy prison term of five years for lying to an FBI agent. That's not much to laugh at. Unless they do crazy prison terms where you only serve a third of the original sentence if you behave. I need to look at that.

JMO

Federal prison terms don't work like the state. It's mandatory that you serve at least 90% of your sentence.

This is a pretty interesting blog post written by an FBI special agent and an FBI crime analyst about adults who make false allegations of crimes. So many points seem to jump off the page to me in regards to SP. A little long but worth the read IMO. Sorry if it’s been posted before.

https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/featured-articles/false-allegations-of-adult-crimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic article. This is a must read for all of us, IMHO. SP checks a lot of the boxes that are mentioned in the article. And it lays out in great detail the two-pronged approach that I believe LE is pursuing.

Federal prison terms don't work like the state. It's mandatory that you serve at least 90% of your sentence.

Not to split hairs, but I think it's 85%. Some inmates can be eligible for a drug rehab program that can also reduce their sentence or transfer them to a halfway house towards the end of their time served. And then there's the people like Teresa Giudice who get to serve the end of their 85% in home confinement *eye roll*

When I was done reading I had to scroll up and see when the article was written because it seemed WAY too molded around SP. Turns out it was written in 2012 but wow, the similarities between SPs case and the fakes described in the article are hard to ignore.

Dang, how has nobody found this article before now?

This is a pretty interesting blog post written by an FBI special agent and an FBI crime analyst about adults who make false allegations of crimes. So many points seem to jump off the page to me in regards to SP. A little long but worth the read IMO. Sorry if it’s been posted before.

https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/featured-articles/false-allegations-of-adult-crimes

Brilliant find, Bears!! I didn’t notice any point that didn’t or couldn’t fit SP. I thought it was written after her case came to light until I looked at the date.

I really think it puts to rest any argument that this couldn’t be a hoax. Of course it could and LE knows it. That doesn’t meant it is a hoax. But LE’s silence on certain issues, saying they have no reason not to believe her and/or do believe her, plus releasing drawings of the two women doesn’t mean they believe SP. They could be and probably are conducting both an overt and covert investigation. Didn’t Sheriff Bosenko issue a public smack down of the person in the office who told a reporter that LE wasn’t sure her story was true? (Must find link) That comment would have compromised a covert investigation. He also smacked down KP for revealing info in his interview that could compromise the overt investigation.

This article convinces me of the likelihood that a covert investigation was running from the moment she was reported missing. By the time SP reappeared, I think LE knew just how to interview her effectively and not challenge her story. I’m not sure they’ll ever get an admission out of her though, or enough proof to say it was a hoax. But they’ve come as close as they can by the info recently released IMO.

Brilliant find, Bears!! I didn’t notice any point that didn’t or couldn’t fit SP. I thought it was written after her case came to light until I looked at the date.

I really think it puts to rest any argument that this couldn’t be a hoax. Of course it could and LE knows it. That doesn’t meant it is a hoax. But LE’s silence on certain issues, saying they have no reason not to believe her and/or do believe her, plus releasing drawings of the two women doesn’t mean they believe SP. They could be and probably are conducting both an overt and covert investigation. Didn’t Sheriff Bosenko issue a public smack down of the person in the office who told a reporter that LE wasn’t sure her story was true? (Must find link) That comment would have compromised a covert investigation. He also smacked down KP for revealing info in his interview that could compromise the overt investigation.

This article convinces me of the likelihood that a covert investigation was running from the moment she was reported missing. By the time SP reappeared, I think LE knew just how to interview her effectively and not challenge her story. I’m not sure they’ll ever get an admission out of her though, or enough proof to say it was a hoax. But they’ve come as close as they can by the info recently released IMO.

BBM - I was half expecting to get to the end of the article only for it to say "haha just kidding, we only wrote this article to troll the people following the SP case" or something.

Does anyone remember if the FBI has been involved since she went missing? Admittedly, I only searched briefly, but I didn't find anything from the beginning of the case regarding the FBI. I do think they were involved while she was gone, but I actually wasn't really following this case closely until the Thanksgiving Miracle.

Has anything been released about the type of accomodation she was 'kept' in?

BBM - I was half expecting to get to the end of the article only for it to say "haha just kidding, we only wrote this article to troll the people following the SP case" or something.

Does anyone remember if the FBI has been involved since she went missing? Admittedly, I only searched briefly, but I didn't find anything from the beginning of the case regarding the FBI. I do think they were involved while she was gone, but I actually wasn't really following this case closely until the Thanksgiving Miracle.

Yes, they were involved sort of behind the scenes according to Bosenko. At the two week point, this article discusses why the FBI isn’t more involved...

There has to be federal nexus or federal violation of the law breaking there where they can assist us." Bosenko added, "They can certainly assist us in other ways with their investigators and maybe some technological resources."
When we asked Bosenko to clarify if that is what the FBI is doing to assist at this time, he said yes.

BBM

Hmmmmmm....

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ved-in-shasta-co-missing-woman-case/162315438

Here's the article you're referring to.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5841f882e4b0c68e0480eb9f

Early article with thanks to fbi...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/320130cba142dc3a4f734aa863aac158

And another interesting old one...

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/sheriffs-office-releases-update-on-sherri-papini/168201516

Oh, and remember this?

http://archive.redding.com/news/cri...-DOJs-voluntary-missing-label-400898601.html/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it was a hoax. The woman was severely injured. I think it was a group that thought they were abducting a teen.

I highly doubt it was a hoax. The woman was severely injured. I think it was a group that thought they were abducting a teen.
She's in her mid 30s, and if you ignore the ten year old glamour shots and the professionally photoshopped ones and dig into SM for more recent, informal pictures that haven't been touched up, she looks like a woman in her mid 30s.

She's small, short and slender, but that's it. IMO no one would mistake her for a teen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks! Good work. Websleuths is even quoted in the last article. :)

SP wasn’t as severely injured as some people who faked abduction. Check out the various articles posted just upthread about faked abductions. One man shot himself in the stomach after killing his wife and claimed a black man did it! SP’s injuries really don’t rule out a hoax. I’m not going to say one way or another, but I haven’t seen anything yet that tips the balance away from a hoax definitively. JMO

In the middle of the day on a school day? Abductors aren’t scouring, looking for cute blond teens in pink yoga outfits taking a jog during school hours. That’s not practical. If abductors are looking for teens to abduct on a weekday during school hours, they’d be looking for at risk girls, girls smoking cigarettes behind the mall while blowing off study hall.

I️ am having a hard time putting my thoughts on paper right now, especially without sounding crass, but hopefully you understand the point I’m trying to make.

My belief is this was a hoax and hubby was in on it. This rules out attention seeking for me, so my guess would be financial gain.

My belief is this was a hoax and hubby was in on it. This rules out attention seeking for me, so my guess would be financial gain.

If it is a hoax, I hope that law enforcement out it. :maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member