Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an interesting literary tidbit FWIW. There is historical precedent for a “held prisoner by two women hoax.”

I ran across mention of this book by Josephine Tey (a great mystery writer btw) called “The Franchise Affair.” I’m sure I read it back in the day, but the plot has faded from my memory...

[FONT=&amp]Although given a contemporary (post-Second World War) setting, it is inspired by the 18th-century case of [/FONT]Elizabeth Canning[FONT=&amp], a maidservant who claimed she had been kidnapped and held prisoner for a month. [/FONT]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Franchise_Affair

The Canning story even included an accusation against a disliked minority of the time (a Romany/gypsy), who could have faced the death penalty. Although her story was believed by most, there were those who were convinced it was a hoax. Later, Canning herself was found guilty of perjury and sent to the British American colonies, where she married, had children and died in her late 30’s.

https://guildhalllibrarynewsletter....27/the-unsolved-mystery-of-elizabeth-canning/

There was/is much controversy about whether or not this was actually a hoax, but since it was a huge story at the time, one writer calls [FONT=&amp]Canning "the first media product."[/FONT][SUP][117][/SUP]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Canning

So, whether or not SP’s story is a hoax, the general outline isn’t without precedent.

so how about the LE offer partial immunity (a reward even to out them) to those that held SP? or had contact with her after her 'abduction'--- seriously she could not have dropped off the face of the Earth - where was she?

MOO

KP was SP's PR person

Didn't the "Supermom" and "signature blonde hair" originate with him?

It was actually her sil (KP’s sister) who called SP a “supermom” in an early interview with SP’s sister at KP and SP’s home (at about 3:35 in the video). She gushed about what an amazing mother she is and laughingly said it was actually annoying what a good mother she is...then said “we call her Supermom.” The press ran with it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QBYrb3gN4

MOO

KP was SP's PR person

Didn't the "Supermom" and "signature blonde hair" originate with him?

“Signature blonde hair” originated with him..
“Supermom” pegged by her sister I believe.

You're probably right, because in further research into Christine Everson, the person who reported the sighting, there's a real rabbit hole there in terms of connections. So not only is the sighting probably real, it very well could be part of the plot itself.

So......Bethel, sex trafficking coalitions etc..?

KP is an interesting figure in all of this, but I don't think he's guilty of anything except grandstanding, exaggerating, and perhaps now he knows more but won't help LE.

What leads you to believe KP was in on it?

The half-wrapped American flag present and the phone with neatly wrapped earbuds made me suspicious of a hoax even while SP was still missing. They seemed like planted clues designed to stir up public sympathy. Did KP go and put SP's phone on the ground and take a photo of it before calling LE?

CASAREZ: Sheriff, did the dogs hit on anything?

BESENKO: No, the dogs did not hit on anything, which makes it a little bit abnormal, too. Because if she had continued on walking or jogging, there would have been foot prints and there would have been a scent trail. And now it's almost ideal weather conditions, we`ve had, it's in the fall here on the west coast in this area. So it's a little bit cooler and we've had some rain, and that helps too for the scent conditions. And the dogs did not hit on any scent.

CASAREZ: So sheriff, do you believe that she was there where her iPhone and her ear buds were found, which were about a mile from the home?

BESENKO: We have nothing -- obviously it was her phone and ear buds, so that can lead a person to believe that yeah, she was there or at least her phone was there at some point. We're following up on a number of theories of what could have happened, including I know the family believes that she was abducted. We don't have anything to lead us that way, nor to dissuade us that she wasn't abducted in any way."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1611/07/ptab.01.html

so how about the LE offer partial immunity (a reward even to out them) to those that held SP? or had contact with her after her 'abduction'--- seriously she could not have dropped off the face of the Earth - where was she?
The person that she was with probably doesn't want his wife to find out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This case is why I had to take a break from WS for several months. Mods were shutting down any discussion of SP doubt and it was frustrating. So happy to see it's being revisited and discussed freely so far.

The half-wrapped American flag present and the phone with neatly wrapped earbuds made me suspicious of a hoax even while SP was still missing. They seemed like planted clues designed to stir up public sympathy. Did KP go and put SP's phone on the ground and take a photo of it before calling LE?

Forgive me, I’m a little confused on what to make of it. The Sheriff speaks in vague terms so as not to upset the apple cart, but is he suggesting that SP was never jogging or never at the place where her phone was found that morning?

What about the branding?? Any proof or thoughts on that?

KP is an interesting figure in all of this, but I don't think he's guilty of anything except grandstanding, exaggerating, and perhaps now he knows more but won't help LE.

What leads you to believe KP was in on it?

I will come back to answer you tomorrow, sorry I only just saw your post and I don't think I will do it much justice now being as it's the wrong side of midnight here.

I'll just say for starters that he was sure he knew what the scenario was immediately.

Forgive me, I’m a little confused on what to make of it. The Sheriff speaks in vague terms so as not to upset the apple cart, but is he suggesting that SP was never jogging or never at the place where her phone was found that morning?

That's what I made of it. The dogs never found her scent.

That's what I made of it. The dogs never found her scent.

I’ve known dogs to make errors, but with all the other crazy stuff, maybe someone picked her up at home and dropped off the phone on the way to wherever. No scent to be found if she didn’t put the phone there herself.

I think she was taken against her will and she was held against her will.

But it seems like a hoax now because she has not been honest about how, who or why.

She may have valid reasons for not sharing that information though.

Let's say she does know 'why' she was taken. Or by whom. That doesn't make it a 'hoax' if she was taken or held by force. JMO

:couch:

I cant link but its on the daily mail headlines today. Probably not related but two people have been arrested for kidnapping a woman from the same town as Sherri. She was found partially clothed and thankfully alive in a christmas tree farm.

So......Bethel, sex trafficking coalitions etc..?

Yup! And what stands out the most, to me, is Christina’s husband asking her why is she getting involved?

Um, your wife is in a group that tries to stop human trafficking and you don’t know why she is concerned.

But maybe not totally concerned because she did wait 5 minutes to call LE. I always thought you should call ASAP as time is the essence.. but hey, what do I know?

Maybe she needed the 5 minutes to coordinate with her company on another search for SP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she was taken against her will and she was held against her will.

But it seems like a hoax now because she has not been honest about how, who or why.

She may have valid reasons for not sharing that information though.

Let's say she does know 'why' she was taken. Or by whom. That doesn't make it a 'hoax' if she was taken or held by force. JMO

:couch:

I think it was Gone Girl 2 Gone Wack

She went willingly enough as she set up a tryst. Perhaps hubby had wind of it which would explain his actions.. he was going to bust her in the act. We know she was planning on meeting Michigan man but that fizzled out.. why? Hubby find out and it caused huge trauma in their marriage? Maybe there was back up Michigan man ? Maybe a burner phone?

Her plans went South though. Her meet up maybe wasn’t what she had planned ( or maybe it was ).. and now with media attention what’s a girl to do ? It’s one thing to crap on your husband but to crap on the public? Oh no.. this isn’t the image you want out there .

So you’re kinda stuck .. you didn’t want the media circus, you didn’t want the fame..you wish it all went away. So, you do what you need to do to create an alternative scenario ..,because the truth just doesn’t look pretty on Supermom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members