Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about dna on the phone & buds?? Are they testing it? Did Keith pick up the phone when he found it? I am guessing he had to, to confirm it was Sherri's. Did he pick it up and throw it back down in place? Sounds very strange to me.

He tracked the phone using an app. The app took him to the location. He probably recognized the phone (and case, if there was one) and earbuds. I doubt he had to pick it up to ID it. How many other lost phones would there be at the location the app led him to? Nothing in the article suggests he picked it up and threw it back down. So, I have a hard time seeing anything strange about it. I guess you'd have to clarify what you mean.

I'm not ruling it out. I'm just being more open minded about other possible scenarios. Even the times she was reported seen are conflicting. I'm just not taking it as concrete yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They were not conflicting. They were different times. That's actually expected.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why would it mean no camera sightings?
I imagine jogging around town for 3 hours, and then wondering around delirious she would be bound to pass by a security camera or dash cam. That's a lot of movement to not be picked up somewhere, cameras are very popular these days.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've not ruled out that she had some sort of medical emergency, like getting delirious due to dehydration or something where she could have wandered off and then gotten injured away from the road while delirious. If she for instance was doing a ton of running - like running more or less 3 hours straight - she could have over-done it and caused herself to get medical problems.

And if she was out for a run when she disappeared maybe she took a different route that day. She could have gotten up to nine miles away on a road no one would think to check.

He tracked the phone using an app. The app took him to the location. He probably recognized the phone (and case, if there was one) and earbuds. I doubt he had to pick it up to ID it. How many other lost phones would there be at the location the app led him to? Nothing in the article suggests he picked it up and threw it back down. So, I have a hard time seeing anything strange about it. I guess you'd have to clarify what you mean.

Lol ... how many other phones would there be?

Anyway, if I found my husband's phone on the road I would instinctively pick it up in a panic. Then call 911 and stay right there waiting for police to arrive. I'd be scared to death.

They were not conflicting. They were different times. That's actually expected.

It's conflicting in my opinion because I don't believe she went out for a three hour jog. Not if she was training for a 5K. That doesn't take anywhere near three hours. I'm just a little skeptical but I could be totally wrong. BTW As I've stated before, I do NOT think Keith was involved whatsoever and that is not what I'm implying. I believe she was abducted. And if she has been murdered, I don't believe it happened right away.

Regarding the scent, did the sheriff say her scent was not picked up *anywhere* or did he say no scent was found at the intersection where the phone was found?

Sometimes it's what they don't say that's important. Maybe they have tracked her jog in another location.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

All we know is that the scent dogs were apparently not much help. I guess I'm not surprised. Where I live, I've heard of many, many instances of dogs getting nowhere tracking a suspect shortly after an incident, even with a fresh track.

It's conflicting in my opinion because I don't believe she went out for a three hour jog. Not if she was training for a 5K. That doesn't take anywhere near three hours. I'm just a little skeptical but I could be totally wrong. BTW As I've stated before, I do NOT think Keith was involved whatsoever and that is not what I'm implying. I believe she was abducted. And if she has been murdered, I don't believe it happened right away.

I don't believe she was on a 3 hour run, either. That doesn't mean we are accusing anyone. It just means things don't make sense.

If I tracked my loved ones phone and found it on the side of the road or where ever, I would pick it up and look at it to confirm it was theirs.

Lol ... how many other phones would there be?

Anyway, if I found my husband's phone on the road I would instinctively pick it up in a panic. Then call 911 and stay right there waiting for police to arrive. I'd be scared to death.

In one article, Keith said he immediately called 911 when he found the phone. He seemed to be on the ball, already suspecting foul play. So, maybe he was careful with the phone. Then again, if the perp never touched it, it may not matter.

The question in my mind does "strands" of hair mean a few hairs or a big chunk? A big chunk of strands infers something much different....

The husband is quoted as saying between 3-8 strands of hair in this People article.

Husband Pleads for Wife’s Return After She Vanishes During Jog: ‘Please Bring Her Back’ - People
https://apple.news/AIUbaZYmzR6et50kClSSqQw

Hit by car, medical emergency or otherwise incapacitated ... for identification. It's smart.

It is smart and I will admit- I never take my ID when I'm out jogging or walking. Never even thought to.

If I tracked my loved ones phone and found it on the side of the road or where ever, I would pick it up and look at it to confirm it was theirs.

Well, the app already ID'd the phone for him. So, he didn't really need to pick it up and turn it on. Did he pick it up? Just as a natural reaction, sure, maybe. Then again, if the perp never touched it, it may not even matter.

Perhaps a registered sexual predator in the neighborhood is holding her hostage. I think she went missing the same day they found KB. Maybe perp decided "oh, what a great idea to keep her chained up in a cage!" just like K. So creepy.

That thought ran through my mind as well. What if it's a copycat scenario?

I don't believe she was on a 3 hour run, either. That doesn't mean we are accusing anyone. It just means things don't make sense.

Has anybody posted whether or not the garbage ran that day? Just had another scenario run through my head.

This wouldn't fit with the lack of scent and no sight of her on cameras, unless LE is just saying that and it's not true.

The no cameras part bothers me as I questions whether she went out at all, but if she did she for instance could have wandered deliriously at her home from the backyard and got herself lost and injured in the hills. I did find the scent comment from LE strange as it seemed like they were talking about cadaver dogs but it could also mean they didn't actually smell her scent along where she allegedly jogged that day. I for instance take the partially wrapped gift as a sign that something may have happened in her house. There's just so many variables depending on the accuracy and honesty of eyewitnesses, the location of cameras, the type of dog used, etc.

You are assuming 3 hours. From what I heard she was sighted around noon and then around 2. The 11 came from her husband saying he thinks she might have went for her jog after texting him but that's an assumption also. Also I don't think she was just training for a 5k because let's face it, those are really more for fun. It's not a serious running distance. I do think she LIKES running and wouldn't be surprised if extended runs were normal for her.

In one article, Keith said he immediately called 911 when he found the phone. He seemed to be on the ball, already suspecting foul play. So, maybe he was careful with the phone. Then again, if the perp never touched it, it may not matter.

And the perp may or may not have been wearing gloves. :(

Has anybody posted whether or not the garbage ran that day? Just had another scenario run through my head.

Garbage pick up has never been mentioned here as far as I know. Seems like it would be relatively easy to find out pickup days / times. Good question!

I wish there was clarification on the camera thing. It doesn't sound like she ran anywhere but residential areas and the properties are large. If the homes are further back from the street and cameras, if neighbors have them, are on the porch, maybe it wouldn't be typical to catch her running by. They said she didn't show up on any cameras or surveillance systems but they never said if that was surprising or not. It stinks because the few details we do get aren't very complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member