Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a revised theory based on some details I came across, here and other platforms. Theory only. Sherri had a conceal & carry type board on her Pinterest. Husband and family were adamant from the very beginning that this was an abduction. I believe someone was infatuated with her (obsessed/stalking/inappropriate interest for a married woman, whatever you want to call it), and both she and Keith were aware and thus wanted to protect Sherri from this person. Thus, the C&C board on Pinterest. Whether she actually purchased or owned a gun is entirely different (was this ever confirmed??). Perhaps she was just looking into buying a gun, for protecting herself due to this person that has an inappropriate interest in her. Where they know this person from (Best Buy druggie circle, acquaintance, etc) I do not know.

This theory would explain why Keith immediately claimed abduction, because there was already an existing threat to Sherri. Why not put other precautions in place (i.e. why would she go jogging alone if she felt there was some kind of threat to her?); perhaps both Sherri and Keith underestimated person's capabilities or felt "safe" thinking said person doesn't live near or isn't aware of where the Papini's live. There are a lot of reasons people don't take all precautions when felt threatened- case in point, that latest article about the college woman at Shasta College who reported to being followed for quite some time, but never did or said anything about it until recently (source).

Well, the app already ID'd the phone for him. So, he didn't really need to pick it up and turn it on. Did he pick it up? Just as a natural reaction, sure, maybe. Then again, if the perp never touched it, it may not even matter.

<modsnip>The phone must be checked for dna.

Well if husband touched the phone, there will be prints along with Sherri's
If anyone else touched the phone, there may or may not be prints, depending on whether gloves were worn

I believe if I had been in husbands situation, I would have picked up the phone without even thinking about it

<modsnip> The phone must be checked for dna.

Did I say it shouldn't be checked for DNA? No. What I said was, if the perp didn't touch the phone, it may not matter if someone else picked it up. Understand the difference? ;)

I have a revised theory based on some details I came across, here and other platforms. Theory only. Sherri had a conceal & carry type board on her Pinterest. Husband and family were adamant from the very beginning that this was an abduction. I believe someone was infatuated with her (obsessed/stalking/inappropriate interest for a married woman, whatever you want to call it), and both she and Keith were aware and thus wanted to protect Sherri from this person. Thus, the C&C board on Pinterest. Whether she actually purchased or owned a gun is entirely different (was this ever confirmed??). Perhaps she was just looking into buying a gun, for protecting herself due to this person that has an inappropriate interest in her. Where they know this person from (Best Buy druggie circle, acquaintance, etc) I do not know.

This theory would explain why Keith immediately claimed abduction, because there was already an existing threat to Sherri. Why not put other precautions in place (i.e. why would she go jogging alone if she felt there was some kind of threat to her?); perhaps both Sherri and Keith underestimated person's capabilities or felt "safe" thinking said person doesn't live near or isn't aware of where the Papini's live. There are a lot of reasons people don't take all precautions when felt threatened- case in point, that latest article about the college woman at Shasta College who reported to being followed for quite some time, but never did or said anything about it until recently (source).

Perhaps this explains why they don't have Facebook pages as well

You are assuming 3 hours. From what I heard she was sighted around noon and then around 2. The 11 came from her husband saying he thinks she might have went for her jog after texting him but that's an assumption also. Also I don't think she was just training for a 5k because let's face it, those are really more for fun. It's not a serious running distance. I do think she LIKES running and wouldn't be surprised if extended runs were normal for her.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the area, BUT she wasn't seen on any camera footage so again, I'm just having a hard time believing that she was out for that long. We really don't know. And we still don't know for sure that Sherri was the woman seen jogging. I'm sorry but one of their resources were a couple of tree cutters. I'm just not convinced. Remember the conflicting reports about what she was wearing in the beginning? First it was a pink shirt, then a gray shirt, then a pink shirt. Maybe one of the sightings was Sherri running to the mailbox, as someone already questioned? Maybe someone snuck into her house while she was getting the mail? JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that Keith seems to be at a loss for suspects. From this article http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

In the days leading up to his wife&#8217;s disappearance, Keith says nothing seemed amiss.

&#8220;There wasn&#8217;t any weird texts phone calls or emails,&#8221; he says. &#8220;There is not like a suspicious thing I thought of or seen that I could point in that direction.

&#8220;It is nothing like that. It is just like she vanished.&#8221;

In one article, Keith said he immediately called 911 when he found the phone. He seemed to be on the ball, already suspecting foul play. So, maybe he was careful with the phone. Then again, if the perp never touched it, it may not matter.
It's possible his prints would be on her phone anyway, he is her husband after all.

I was wondering if it was normal for them to only text once a day. For my family that would be abnormal, and I have a kid the age of one of theirs. My husband and I send little things all day, pics of the kids, interesting news articles, etc. And he most definitely would text if he hadn't heard from me, I know because it's happened. No word from me for a few hours and he texts "what are you guys up to?" We also text each other if we are going somewhere - taking kids to park, or him heading home. And he's a busy guy in a lab all day, but still manages a few messages.

Before jumping down my throat I'm well aware my normal is not their normal. I'm just wondering if he was already feeling uneasy coming home. I know I would be on edge if my husband hadn't texted me the entire day. Maybe he was already suspicious and it led to using the app quickly, etc.

Anyway, I hope they do a presser soon, even if no new information.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's conflicting in my opinion because I don't believe she went out for a three hour jog. Not if she was training for a 5K. That doesn't take anywhere near three hours. I'm just a little skeptical but I could be totally wrong. BTW As I've stated before, I do NOT think Keith was involved whatsoever and that is not what I'm implying. I believe she was abducted. And if she has been murdered, I don't believe it happened right away.

I don't consider it conflicting because she could have gone over to someone's house and spending hours over there, she could have been working on staging and decided to return later for additional staging, etc.

All we know is that the scent dogs were apparently not much help. I guess I'm not surprised. Where I live, I've heard of many, many instances of dogs getting nowhere tracking a suspect shortly after an incident, even with a fresh track.

It depends on the dog and the handler. Here's a recent one with a positive outcome:

Jay Nelson was reported missing by his family at 9 pm on Tuesday, 11/01/2016. On 11/02/2016, a Labrador retriever with the California Rescue Dog Association led rescuers to Nelson just after 8 a.m.

Missing Mill Valley man, 74, found with help from rescue K-9
By Stephanie Weldy, Marin Independent Journal
POSTED: 11/02/16, 10:48 AM PDT
http://www.marinij.com/article/NO/20161102/NEWS/161109974

Does anyone know if taking out a personal protection order is something that would show up in the Shasta courts case index? I only ask because searching Sherri's name the only things that come up is a minor traffic issue and her divorce. Personally, I don't think it's out of the ordinary to get a concealed carry permit without a specific threat, especially if you're in a rural area that's more gun friendly. However, if there was a specific threat that you were worried enough about to drive you to carry, I would imagine you'd also take out a protection order against the person.

Might also explain his responses that seem like he feels guilty for not being there... not having protected her.

The husband is quoted as saying between 3-8 strands of hair in this People article.

Husband Pleads for Wife&#8217;s Return After She Vanishes During Jog: &#8216;Please Bring Her Back&#8217; - People
https://apple.news/AIUbaZYmzR6et50kClSSqQw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's quite a specific number of strands, sounds to me that LE must have counted them carefully, maybe 3 on one side and 8 on the other?

You are assuming 3 hours. From what I heard she was sighted around noon and then around 2. The 11 came from her husband saying he thinks she might have went for her jog after texting him but that's an assumption also. Also I don't think she was just training for a 5k because let's face it, those are really more for fun. It's not a serious running distance. I do think she LIKES running and wouldn't be surprised if extended runs were normal for her.

The 11 AM time was based on a combination of what she said in her text and eyewitness statements:
Keith says he believes his wife went jogging around 11 a.m., shortly after he didn’t return her text. “I am putting her leaving around that time,” he says. “That is based on the text I got, and there were some people I spoke with that were cutting down a tree, and they informed us that they saw my wife running. ”
http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/
We don't know the source of the 2 PM AFAIK.

Except that Keith seems to be at a loss for suspects. From this article http://people.com/crime/missing-sherri-papini-update-husband-keith-interview/

In the days leading up to his wife’s disappearance, Keith says nothing seemed amiss.

“There wasn’t any weird texts phone calls or emails,” he says. “There is not like a suspicious thing I thought of or seen that I could point in that direction.

“It is nothing like that. It is just like she vanished.”

True, but LE could have asked him to say these things so the perp thinks LE isn't on his trail.

I don't consider it conflicting because she could have gone over to someone's house and spending hours over there, she could have been working on staging and decided to return later for additional staging, etc.

Has anyone come forward and said Sherri visited them that afternoon?

Does anyone know if taking out a personal protection order is something that would show up in the Shasta courts case index? I only ask because searching Sherri's name the only things that come up is a minor traffic issue and her divorce. Personally, I don't think it's out of the ordinary to get a concealed carry permit without a specific threat, especially if you're in a rural area that's more gun friendly. However, if there was a specific threat that you were worried enough about to drive you to carry, I would imagine you'd also take out a protection order against the person.

I agree about taking out a protection order, but that only works if you KNOW the person's name and/or you can show substantial proof of your life being threatened. I just had a thought (an addition to my theory) that maybe Sherri and Keith may *not* have known the individual's name (just like in the case of the Shasta College woman) but still felt threatened due to some scary actions by the individual.

I tend to think that the checkbook and the original shoe sighting were false. I tend to think that the second clothes/shoes may have been true, since immediately after the case was changed to suspicious circumstances. They must have been missing evidence of such but then obtained. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478