Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from the People article...

This may have been mentioned already.... but how many of you would stop wrapping mid-present? Not me for sure, I might leave paper and gifts out, but I wouldn't stop mid-present. Weird... IMP JMO

Another strange detail that doesn't make sense. Interrupted mid-wrapping, perhaps? Some suggested that she may have run to the mailboxes, since her phone was found near them ... but why not just pick the mail up on her way to get the kids from daycare? So many questions ...

I almost always have a ponytail and I put my key on a lariat-type thing around my neck when I take my dog out. When I pull it over my head it almost always manages to catch some hairs in it.

This may have been mentioned already.... but how many of you would stop wrapping mid-present? Not me for sure, I might leave paper and gifts out, but I wouldn't stop mid-present. Weird... IMP JMO

Yes, this has me curious, too. I wish they'd clarify "partially wrapped". Partially wrapped box? Item stuffed into a gift bag without tissue? Either can be considered partially wrapped. The latter wouldn't concern me much. I've done this then dashed to a drug store en route to a party to buy tissue to stuff in the bag. The former might give me pause. First thought: did she run out of tape? Second thought: was she interrupted? (Then my imagine runs wild.)

Yes, this has me curious, too. I wish they'd clarify "partially wrapped". Partially wrapped box? Item stuffed into a gift bag without tissue? Either can be considered partially wrapped. The latter wouldn't concern me much. I've done this then dashed to a drug store en route to a party to buy tissue to stuff in the bag. The former might give me pause. First thought: did she run out of tape? Second thought: was she interrupted? (Then my imagine runs wild.)

This is the reason I'm curious about the garbage running that day. What if she forgot to take the garbage can out and heard the garbage truck while she was wrapping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think Sherri has an eating disorder. I have lived with 2 people that have and both did not look healthy. Skin and hair is a dead give-away and Sherri looks very healthy. Also in her pics she is consistently thin. There doesn't seem to he a struggle to stay that way. So while she may be clinically underweight (as lots are off the charts either end and still healthy) I do not think she is unhealthy physically or mentally from an eating disorder or nutritional deficiencies.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've written previous posts re this. My hair, teeth, skin were flawless. Even after 6 years of anorexia, no one knew a thing, except that I looked good in a bikini. It's why I never compliment women on their weight and bodies.

I do not think Sherri has an eating disorder. I have lived with 2 people that have and both did not look healthy. Skin and hair is a dead give-away and Sherri looks very healthy. Also in her pics she is consistently thin. There doesn't seem to he a struggle to stay that way. So while she may be clinically underweight (as lots are off the charts either end and still healthy) I do not think she is unhealthy physically or mentally from an eating disorder or nutritional deficiencies.

I am torn, as my sister died from her eating disorder and up until her organs began to fail, she always looked good, if you didn't know about it and were not searching for clues. And she never had a weight problem to begin with. So it can be really difficult to tell. She was a tennis player and used her "training" as her excuse for not eating today, etc...more often she just moved food around her plate, hid it in napkins, or if she was forced to eat, she would throw it up. We did not learn the extent of her illness or how long it had been going on (since her early teens) until after her death, from diaries, etc...just saying you can't always know even if you think you do. Jmo

I've been trying to catch up on this thread, but somewhere I missed the Casa Dr. discussion. Is this in relation to the RSO?

This is why I was having trouble placing the sighting(s) I like to be as accurate as possible but the info is confusing.

'In the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road, near Oregan Trail'. Casa Drive is between Sunset and Sundust, why no mention of there?

x0qkxg.png

Maybe so but I agree with not commenting on peoples bodies. It's a total guess and not really fair since she cannot defend herself right now.

I am torn, as my sister died from her eating disorder and up until her organs began to fail, she always looked good, if you didn't know about it and were not searching for clues. And she never had a weight problem to begin with. So it can be really difficult to tell. She was a tennis player and used her "training" as her excuse for not eating today, etc...more often she just moved food around her plate, hid it in napkins, or if she was forced to eat, she would throw it up. We did not learn the extent of her illness or how long it had been going on (since her early teens) until after her death, from diaries, etc...just saying you can't always know even if you think you do. Jmo

BINGO.

I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't necessarily try to hide it, I guess I didn't understand what I was doing to myself until year six, when I realized that at 118 lbs and over 5'4" I still thought I was hideously overweight. I was never going to be satisfied.

Trying to find the garbage pick up schedule for her neighborhood and having a hard time. Does anybody know her address? Or does anyone know how to get the pick up schedule for the mountaingate area? I'm trying to see if the garbage man came the day she went missing. There is a past case where a woman was raped and murdered and it turned out to be the garbage man. Just exploring our options.

I don't want to derail this thread, but, I think this may be the case you were referring to?
This case went cold, and after about 4 years, LE did a DNA dragnet, wanting all males to submit a DNA sample. If someone didn't comply, LE would zero in on that person. This created a ton of controversy involving 4th amendment rights. The men that did submit were promised their samples would be destroyed, only to find they were added to CODIS. Many sued to have their samples removed but were unsuccessful. The perp did submit, but his DNA was not processed for over a year.

http://archive.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/11/17/trash_collector_guilty_in_truro_murder/

From the photobucket photos of her without a shirt on and in the hospital, I also have an inkling she could have been affected by an eating disorder at some point. it's weird how personal those photos seem.

This may have been mentioned already.... but how many of you would stop wrapping mid-present? Not me for sure, I might leave paper and gifts out, but I wouldn't stop mid-present. Weird... JMO

Three reasons come to mind:

She wanted to make it appear she didn't leave to commit suicide
Someone knocked at the door
She left to get the mail and planned on only being gone for a few minutes

Another strange detail that doesn't make sense. Interrupted mid-wrapping, perhaps? Some suggested that she may have run to the mailboxes, since her phone was found near them ... but why not just pick the mail up on her way to get the kids from daycare? So many questions ...

Great minds. :)

Maybe it was UPS knocking at the door?

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

I've been trying to catch up on this thread, but somewhere I missed the Casa Dr. discussion. Is this in relation to the RSO?

No, just me frustrated by the description of the sighting of Sherri

Can you google waste management facilities in the area for a phone number, call and ask for pickup dates in her neighborhood?

I would if I had better service in my house. I can only text right now.

I don't want to derail this thread, but, I think this may be the case you were referring to?
This case went cold, and after about 4 years, LE did a DNA dragnet, wanting all males to submit a DNA sample. If someone didn't comply, LE would zero in on that person. This created a ton of controversy involving 4th amendment rights. The men that did submit were promised their samples would be destroyed, only to find they were added to CODIS. Many sued to have their samples removed but were unsuccessful. The perp did submit, but his DNA was not processed for over a year.

http://archive.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/11/17/trash_collector_guilty_in_truro_murder/

Yep! That's the one. Thank you!

If they believed she was abducted from the home, would the home become a crime scene? Or only if she was murdered there?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member