Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been discussed. But why would Sherri send a text message to her husband to find out if he was coming home for lunch if she knew he didn't usually have access to his phone, *UNLESS she needed to know for sure?* If she needed to ask, that may mean that he came home for lunch sporadically, without notice.

What was she planning to do that day that was different than what she usually did and that necessitated her knowing whether he was definitely coming home for lunch or not?

Also, what was it that interrupted her when she was wrapping his present? While it's possible that she would leave a present partially unwrapped to make it look like she was interrupted, I don't think that seems very likely at all.

What does her sister in law believe happened to her (the gal in the sweater headband)?

Duping delight, I believe I may have seen a bit of that somewhere...

It could be that some seemingly inconsequential thing spooked her, and she texted her husband hoping that he was going to be able to come home at lunch time ? Or, it could be that she herself didn't send that text. Maybe someone with her wanted to know if the husband was coming home at lunchtime.

Duping delight where ? tia...

Apparently the 2pm sighting is legit: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/35943

:thinking:

snipped...

I would not necessarily take that statement at full face value, as that was similar to what the early news headlines read. I would like to know who saw her around 2:00 though.

Remember, there was also that possible sighting of her at Mt Shasta Mall at the eyebrow store (as per the Sheriff's daily logs). Of course there's no saying that that was definitely Sherri. How long of a drive is it to the mall from her house? Could she have gone for a jog around 11, went to the mall and then came home and walked to the mailbox (when a close neighbor looked out the window)?

Just one scenario. It would seem a bit rushed to me, particularly if she was going to pick up her kids in town later. Have we heard yet what time she normally picked up the kids? Did they have specific hours?

Someone mentioned the idea of a taser that crossed my mind and I wondered what if someone pretended to be ups but wasn't and had one. As someone who sells stuff like she does I would be listening for the ups truck so if she has the thing where you can have them pick up a package to send out you don't miss it since often you tell the person it'll be there by this date. If the check book turns out to be hers my guess was it was part of the mail and got tossed. Maybe as a clue or maybe cause she was reading her mail with headphones in. I have long hair and lose it a lot because I'm anemic and I never get it in the earbuds unless it's in my purse and my brush is near and even if it wasn't I wouldn't let hair stay on them so either I would say it happened when she was attacked or she hadn't taken them off yet and got the hair off. And maybe she did jog like she was seen doing and perhaps the person saw her on this jog and knew her and decided since she was alone at home to take a chance. If it was me I wouldn't leave anything unlocked before going running and maybe it's cause I spend so much reading about serial killers but I don't leave them unlocked when I leave and as well when I do I put my ID and money and maybe chapstick inside my bra or sports bra or some people have those phone cases for that or pockets if she's wearing a jacket but I think she'd at least take her key and ID and maybe cash if there's a store close to run in and get something to drink in but also a lot of people I see bringing water with them so would she have had a water bottle at all? I just think it happened after her jog maybe she even for all we know called daycare and said she would be late because they made her but what if the tree trimmer seen in whatever it was where they complained could be the guy and he saw her on the run and that was true but that he also took his chance after or maybe lied about seeing her. For all we know the guy they describe in the college article about the stalker could be the same creepy tree trimmer and the same person who saw her? I mean this is all speculation but a taser really has been on my mind if she had a gun maybe she had a taser and pepper spray to bring on runs even? But iwould never leave without a phone for music my ID a key cash for a drink or I would bring a water.bringing my cards woukdnt feel safe especially if the area isn't

Has it been confirmed that the pink jogging outfit pictured on MSM is actually the clothing she was wearing at the time of her disappearance? And is this based on eye witness description or an inventory of what is missing from her closet ? Could there have been one or more other blonde women out jogging in the area that day...perhaps the timeline is off.

Great thought.

Also depends on what Keith means by partially wrapped, maybe just some of the tape came undone or something, giving the appearance of being unfinished.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes, or she could've used a gift bag, and left the tissue paper lying out. Maybe she wanted to get the gift wrapped and hidden before he came home, and there was more she wanted to add, but hadn't gotten to it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read anywhere if the phone was broken cause if it was tossed without a case or even dropped on pavement or cement it would crack most of the time. And if it was broken will they be able to get any info off it? Cause if I was the person and knew anything that points to me could be on there I would want to destroy it. And would think tossing it from a car or whatever would do so

Quote from the People article...

This may have been mentioned already.... but how many of you would stop wrapping mid-present? Not me for sure, I might leave paper and gifts out, but I wouldn't stop mid-present. Weird... JMO

Thank you for mentioning in your quote that this was, "During his search of the house."

It seems rather obvious to me that this was hidden away somewhere. I just don't understand why people are treating this as if the present was left out, as if Sherri was interrupted while wrapping it. Nothing about Keith's statement suggests this. There are many reasons a person may not be able to finish wrapping a present. Ran out of tape, ran out of wrapper, ran out of time. Keith's statement suggests to me that he found the present hidden away somewhere.

Yes, or she could've used a gift bag, and left the tissue paper lying out. Maybe she wanted to get the gift wrapped and hidden before he came home, and there was more she wanted to add, but hadn't gotten to it yet?

This seems most logical to me.

Thank you for mentioning in your quote that this was, "During his search of the house."

It seems rather obvious to me that this was hidden away somewhere. I just don't understand why people are treating this as if the present was left out, as if Sherri was interrupted while wrapping it. Nothing about Keith's statement suggests this.
Except that it stood out enough for him to mention it.

And he said it wasn't there when he left, so that makes me think it was left out, not hidden away.

And he said it wasn't there when he left, so that makes me think it was left out, not hidden away.

You took the words out of my mouth. If it wasn't important why would he mention it?

While I never read that he tossed the phone down and must have missed that article I feel like if the husband tossed it back down after picking it up then there was something disturbing on it maybe blood or the hair was worse than they say. But even if I tracked down the phone by the app I would pick it up without thinking worried maybe she was hit by a car but I would only toss it down if something bad and gross was on it. But the fact that he tracked it makes me think something else about the home or something was off enough to him to worry someone took her and maybe they've had issues with a stalker or her ex husband so he instantly worried and tracked the phone

Working out some of the timeline. So husband got home what time again, after 5? He reported her missing at 5:51. Right about at sunset. Seems odd for tree trimmers to be working that late. Typically they get an early start and are done well before sunset and back at the shop before dark. They said they saw her at 2pm, so they were trimming a tree for more than 3 hours? That is odd. Wonder what time it was when he talked to them.

Sorry to bust in on this thread without doing more research but can I ask if the phone was found in plain view or hidden? Not sure of the timeline.... was it nearly/around four hours before her husband found the phone?

I will say the details of the case give me a confused or mixed message sense. Dare I say that elements of it feel staged? Maybe even by a perp to confuse things?

My thoughts precisely, from the very beginning. This case goes round and round ... but my initial sense has not changed. Probably because of the questions we have about things that don't seem to add up logically or make sense. I realize LE most likely has a lot more info than they let on. I take comfort in that. God bless our Law Enforcement.

ETA: I just saw your name ... "The truth will out" has been on my mind all day today!

Working out some of the timeline. So husband got home what time again, after 5? He reported her missing at 5:51. Right about at sunset. Seems odd for tree trimmers to be working that late. Typically they get an early start and are done well before sunset and back at the shop before dark. They said they saw her at 2pm, so they were trimming a tree for more than 3 hours? That is odd. Wonder what time it was when he talked to them.
Maybe trimming multiple trees? Sounds like these homes have big yards.

From the photobucket photos of her without a shirt on and in the hospital, I also have an inkling she could have been affected by an eating disorder at some point. it's weird how personal those photos seem.

I saw those also, though my mind went to a possible enhancement type of surgery. I also noticed her nose ring. Which isn't a big deal (lots of people have them) but from how everyone describes her it was just surprising to see.

As for the gift she was wrapping, someone mentioned it was for their anniversary coming up? Though on redding.com it shows their wedding date as August 12, 2009. Also on a side note....someone else on here mentioned her daughter turned 2 in July but she actually turned 2 last month according her grandfather's fb page.

My heart aches for her family. I have never been comfortable going out alone for these reasons exactly. I pray she is found safe. Those kids need their mommy!!

Btw those who don't like her husband's reaction on the news... imo this isn't a situation anyone knows how to react to. I'm sure he is still in disbelief & shock. :( :(

I read here early on that the neighbors told her husband they saw her jogging at 11 am ish that morning. He went with the time because it seemed to mesh with the text. This is why we need a LE presser...jmo

I saw those also, though my mind went to a possible enhancement type of surgery. I also noticed her nose ring. Which isn't a big deal (lots of people have them) but from how everyone describes her it was just surprising to see.

As for the gift she was wrapping, someone mentioned it was for their anniversary coming up? Though on redding.com it shows their wedding date as August 12, 2009. Also on a side note....someone else on here mentioned her daughter turned 2 in July but she actually turned 2 last month according her grandfather's fb page.

My heart aches for her family. I have never been comfortable going out alone for these reasons exactly. I pray she is found safe. Those kids need their mommy!!

Btw those who don't like her husband's reaction on the news... imo this isn't a situation anyone knows how to react to. I'm sure he is still in disbelief & shock. :( :(

Were those photos of her, for sure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read here early on that the neighbors told her husband they saw her jogging at 11 am ish that morning. He went with the time because it seemed to mesh with the text. This is why we need a LE presser...jmo

And why no vigil? I've never seen a missing / abduction case without a vigil.

And that's why it stands out to me. LE searched the house though and if it were a crime scene - even the front porch - I don't know if he would have been back in it very soon. It doesn't appear suspicious to LE? Or is LE holding back something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member