Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that stood out to me was Garcia said something like "it's strange no one saw an abduction". I was wondering what he saw in the neighborhood that made him think someone should have seen something...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Almost all abductions are not witnessed, so it is a strange thing to say ...

Almost all abductions are not witnessed, so it is a strange thing to say ...

Rachel Cooke was believed to be at the end of jog and was last seen within 200-300 yards of her house on a Saturday morning and no one saw an abduction in her case either.

In my area, people who live in more rural communities have to haul their trash and recycling to the disposal centers themselves. Possibility here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. And even if pick up is a possibility in their area, they may choose to haul their own trash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't help but believe that gift that was partially wrapped indicates she was interrupted by someone who came to the house. Abducted from her house? Yet, LE must not believe that as the husband has been in the house and to the best of my knowledge LE doesn't consider it a crime scene.

I keep reading people asking about why she would text if she knew he couldn't reply right away or would be busy and to me I see it as she would want to wrap said gifts they found partially done so she needed to make sure he wouldn't be interrupting her wrapping them so she was making sure he was busy and wouldn't be home soon. So it makes me think that she was taken or worse in her house which if her gun is missing which I've not read it is in the house or missing or anything about it but IF it's gone could someone who she knew have been inside and taken the gun and used it to make her do whatever? Because I keep seeing talk of the gun and she either is the type of girl who loves to shoot which I somehow don't see that area being filled with girls who shoot for fun or what I think is likely is she got it to protect herself from someone maybe because of all the stuff she saw in the dispatch logs or maybe she was afraid of someone living in the area and maybe suspected them of the case like hers it's hard to say but I don't believe she got it for fun and believe it was to protect herself but her guard may have been down and someone grabbed it maybe a friend and I'm 99% sure a male or males. <modsnip>
the way her family besides her sister has been quiet reminds me of family who's had captors say do not talk to the cops etc

Is there a timeline posted anywhere that includes the 12:00 sighting. Who was that? IIRC, the 11:00 timeframe was given by KP (shortly after she texted him). If I had texted my hubby to see if he was coming home for lunch, I would've waited a little while to hear back before leaving for a run. Do we know which direction she was seen heading on Sunset when spotted at 2:00? I noticed the Casa Dr. address earlier today when looking at RSO. She would've had to have passed his home. If this was her normal route, I wonder if the presence of RSOs in the area is why she got the carry permit. If she were taking the kids for a walk, riding bikes, etc. in this area, she may have wanted the added security. It would also explain why KP immediately thought she was abducted if there had been any prior encounters. Just speculating.

No, just me frustrated by the description of the sighting of Sherri

Searchers Not Giving Up On Missing Women
November 14, 2016

As hopes begin to fade, searches continue for two women who were reported missing on the same day. The last known sighting of 34-year-old Sherri Papini was at 2 O&#8217;clock on the afternoon of Wednesday November 2nd when she was seen jogging on Sunrise Drive. Her cell phone and other items were later found near the intersection of Sunrise and Old Oregon Trail. Her husband Keith passed a polygraph test last Monday. More than 200 tips have been received but no solid leads have been reported.

51-year-old Stacey Smart, also known as Stacey Hamilton, was reported missing by her family the same day as Sherri. The Trinity County Sheriff&#8217;s Office says the last time Stacey&#8217;s family had contact with her was October 12th, when she was living in Lewiston. Stacey is 5-foot-8 and 180 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her photo is on our Facebook page. There&#8217;s been no official suggestion that the two disappearances are related.

http://www.kqms.com/2016/11/14/searchers-not-giving-up-on-missing-women/

I mean if I needed to wrap a bfs gift who could get home anytime I would want to check and would take no fast reply as busy with a client and a chance to wrap it without him seeing it.

96003. Better luck with the rabbit hole than I had!!!!!!

Yep! No luck due to privacy issues. Can't get the trash pick up schedule unless I confirm the address is mine. Not going to do that.

I have gone back and read almost every MSM article and warched all the videos.

For some reason I hadn't seen this. I apologize if someone posted and i missed it.

Two things:

To me Garcia seems to vaguely suggest she may be alive. He didn't say it, but... Am I misreading him? His statement about comfort to the family?

Two:
At the end the reporter states that the house and cars were searched. I hadn't heard that before. Not surprising, just didn't see it anywhere.

And now I see a few posts above where the house search has been mentioned...Sorry. i didn't remember.

http://www.cbs8.com/clip/12894643/missing-

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

At about 01:08
Audio says Garcia went to the last place Sherri was seen, on a dirt road near Interstate 5 where her husband pinged her iPhone. Video shows the "SUNRISE" street sign and the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise with the mailboxes on Sunrise. Audio says these are the mailboxes she normally would run to.

Two North State women have been reported missing in the past two weeks. Law enforcement have not said if the two cases are linked, but the families continue to hold out hope for answers.

Stacey Smart, from Trinity County, was reported missing Nov. 2, but her family thinks she disappeared sometime in October.

Smart's daughter, Nicole Santos, said her mother stopped returning phone calls in mid-October and was out of reach when a family member passed away, which is unlike her mother.

"It's just really odd," said Santos.

Smart, 51, has a difficult time walking, due to an injury and she does not drive. Friends give Smart rides to run errands, and it seems out of character for her to not tell anyone where she is going.

StaceySmart.jpg

sherri6.JPG

http://www.redding.com/news/local/t...97-6235-6356-e053-0100007fa673-401037316.html

At about 01:08
Audio says Garcia went to the last place Sherri was seen, on a dirt road near Interstate 5 where her husband pinged her iPhone. Video shows the "SUNRISE" street sign and the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise with the mailboxes on Sunrise. Audio says these are the mailboxes she normally would run to.

Thanks for that last part - I've been wondering if that was verified for sure. So many details, so little information...

If I were Sherri, I would have a concealed carry permit and I would have it with me while jogging. No specific threat necessary. I've alluded to it before, but a petite, very pretty young woman who routinely jogged in an urban area presents some obvious risks. At the very least, I would carry some kind of spray.

Also, I think almost anybody would have picked up the phone. Even if you know your spouse has the phone password protected, you're going to want to check for notifications.

I also think it's important to note that the authorities probably would not have Sherri's fingerprints on file. This would present substantial challenges in determining if any fingerprints on the phone were not Sherri's.

And the strands of hair don't necessarily mean anything. She could have thrown down the phone on her own. And with long hair, it gets everywhere.

Still thinking this looks like an abduction, but other scenarios are possible.

I'm thinking it's odd for her to have left a gift half-wrapped as well. Unless she intended on finishing it upon her return from jogging. However, It seems odd for her not to have finished wrapping it and then gone out jogging.

I mean if I needed to wrap a bfs gift who could get home anytime I would want to check and would take no fast reply as busy with a client and a chance to wrap it without him seeing it.

My husband just suggested to me that maybe she was going to add something to the present. Maybe something was coming in the mail that she was going to throw in with the pillow?

Sorry to bust in on this thread without doing more research but can I ask if the phone was found in plain view or hidden? Not sure of the timeline.... was it nearly/around four hours before her husband found the phone?

I will say the details of the case give me a confused or mixed message sense. Dare I say that elements of it feel staged? Maybe even by a perp to confuse things?

My husband just suggested to me that maybe she was going to add something to the present. Maybe something was coming in the mail that she was going to throw in with the pillow?

Great thought.

Also depends on what Keith means by partially wrapped, maybe just some of the tape came undone or something, giving the appearance of being unfinished.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I am somewhat new to WS and was curious about verbiage. Would LE use kidnapping vs abduction if there was a ransom requested? Or would they say abduction in hopes of keeping a lid on the ransom request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member