Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I feel like I may sound like I'm coming across wrong, It's just that I feel we can't make assumptions from something like pinterest and I really want to stay focused on figuring out what happened to Sherri. If she had a facebook it would be different.. It would show interactions with others and reactions, it would let us know more about her as a person and who she associates with.

Her pinterest is Her pinterest. I know everyone is looking for something there because they don't have anything else to go on, but let me note again that I don't know how much you can gather from it.. It's not a facebook page, its not a twitter, you can not know her from it... Yes, In these places you can post anything you want, I know, but pinterest is not a social media page, it's a bunch of pictures of things you find interesting.. Whether it can tell you who a person is or not is a different story.

Could someone post a link to this crazy pinterest?

Sorry, I feel like I may sound like I'm coming across wrong, It's just that I feel we can't make assumptions from something like pinterest and I really want to stay focused on figuring out what happened to Sherri. If she had a facebook it would be different.. It would show interactions with others and reactions, it would let us know more about her as a person and who she associates with.

Do you know why Sherri doesn't use Facebook?

Hello GirlfromRedding. It's really nice to see you here, and your post was great.

I promise I will not say more about my overly-exacting read. Unfortunately for me and the productivity of my Saturday, I spent a couple of hours and read just about every comment she had composed. (Before people mention this again, I use the site also and know how to distinguish comments between the OP and the "pinner." Dumb word. Sorry!) The thread that I noticed is not-linear or consistent, and is only discernible through patterns and contents of comments -- not necessarily the pictures. Though, the pictures that move us, speak to us, or inspire us can reveal things, too. I know, for sure, my pinterest tells a great deal about my life. I realized this as I was moving through hers.

Thank you for your post; I didn't know we had more than one person here who knew Sherri, but I may be way off about that number by now. Though I didn't claim to know why she is missing, or say anything disparaging, I probably should not have posted about my Saturday voyage. Never had I looked through a person's social media before. Often I remind myself that on Websleuths we don't really discuss"cases." We discuss real people. Looking at it that way, I guess I would be considered a snoop, and I don't want to be that person.

What I do know is I started with curiosity, and continued on with a respectful, sensitive heart, and thought just maybe I would find something of value. What I ended up coming away with was an impression of a curious, energetic woman with a gentle spirit, a happy wanderlust and a positive nature. She had a special devotion to her children, for sure. Truly, it was awesome and made me question if I, had my choices been different, could be anywhere near as cool, creative and committed when it came to raising little blooming people. It also reminded me how complicated and "human" people are and that each of us has a story. OK, I am getting a little teary, so signing out...

GirlfromRedding, I don't like overstepping bounds of privacy, and again, I am sorry if I did that here.

If we throw out her Pinterest what could we be doing that we're not doing?

I've seen many posts here on a broad range of subjects - facts, statistics, theories, maps, etc., and I know people are doing their best to help. These posts here are evidence of actual work. I do not see anyone dismissing ideas or jumping to conclusions based on her Pinterest boards.

IMO looking at her pins and seeing if we can extrapolate anything from them is not keeping us from trying to figure out what happened to her and why not use whatever resources we have?

Anyway, JMO. We work with what we've got.

Do you know why Sherri doesn't use Facebook?

Sorry, I don't. Although I have known her since I was in the 5th grade, I have not been close to her except in passing or going to events with mutual friends. Of course, I could speculate as to why a person of her age does not choose to use facebook, but I can't be sure.

Well, here's proof the post about a future kid was not written by Sherri. This is a pin pinned weeks earlier with the exact same caption.

(Source.) <---- deleted the name, but you can check it out yourself right here.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sherri_phone9.jpg
    sherri_phone9.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 500
Someone on previous thread posted a screenshot of a fb page shared by sherri and her husband, it was private though, not even a choice to add them as a friend.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I guess I lean towards runaway because there is the most hope there that she'll return safely.

I can confirm that the concealed carry comment on pinterest was not made by Sherri either.

Here's someone with the exact same comment. It's an older pin than Sherri's, even though you can't tell by the 3y.

>> LINK <<

If we throw out her Pinterest what could we be doing that we're not doing?

I've seen many posts here on a broad range of subjects - facts, statistics, theories, maps, etc., and I know people are doing their best to help. These posts here are evidence of actual work. I do not see anyone dismissing ideas or jumping to conclusions based on her Pinterest boards.

IMO looking at her pins and seeing if we can extrapolate anything from them is not keeping us from trying to figure out what happened to her and why not use whatever resources we have?

Anyway, JMO. We work with what we've got.

She obviously CHOSE not to have a Facebook. I have many FRIENDS who also CHOOSE not to have a Facebook. I will say again that I strongly feel she was abducted. I do not think you can find out anything about her or her abduction from nosing around in her Pinterest. Lots of people save items that are of no interest to them but they think some acquaintance may be interested. Maybe a better use of time would be trying to exert influence on the Sheriff's Dept or others to get searches made with the proper dogs for a case like this. Or, a case could be made about all the missing ladies in that area.

Praying for Sherri's safe return.

I noticed that too. Maybe she was kidnapped and her relatives are working on the ransom demands? Is that why her family is so quiet? Is that why the FBI is on it?

Out of curiosity I just googled the legal definition of abduction vs kidnapping.

"[FONT=&quot]The terms abduction and kidnapping are sometimes used interchangeably. At common law, kidnapping consisted of the forcible abduction or stealing or carrying away of a person from one’s own country to another. Kidnapping is the taking away of a person by force, threat, or deceit, with intent to cause him or her to be detained against his or her will. Kidnapping may be done for ransom or for political or other purposes. Abduction is the criminal taking away a person by persuasion, by fraud, or by open force or violence."
[/FONT]

Still thinking, pondering and praying.

I sincerely hope the PI and LE are working together on leads stemming from texts, emails and other internal connections. I doubt there are any clues as to who abducted Sherri on her Pinterest board and I hope they aren't wasting their time there.

Well, here's proof the post about a future kid was not written by Sherri. This is a pin pinned weeks earlier with the exact same caption.

(Source.) <---- deleted the name, but you can check it out yourself right here.

attachment.php
Thank you. This was my error and I am sorry. I hope people will stop carrying it forward or perhaps we can delete the references to it?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

She may use fake names for her social media. Some people just like to have fun or like privacy and not have to answer to family on everything.

Could someone post a link to this crazy pinterest?

In order to look at her pins, I had to download the app, create an account, select areas of interest, research on how to find a "pinner" and worm my way to look at pinner SP. It was difficult. Can't wait to delete my account as now I'm getting random stuff in my mailbox.

She obviously CHOSE not to have a Facebook. I have many FRIENDS who also CHOOSE not to have a Facebook. I will say again that I strongly feel she was abducted. I do not think you can find out anything about her or her abduction from nosing around in her Pinterest. Lots of people save items that are of no interest to them but they think some acquaintance may be interested. Maybe a better use of time would be trying to exert influence on the Sheriff's Dept or others to get searches made with the proper dogs for a case like this. Or, a case could be made about all the missing ladies in that area.

Praying for Sherri's safe return.

Amen to this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members