Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a little confused. The only facts so far is basically that this woman was seen jogging, her phone and earbuds along with some hair strands were located. Her children were safely in some sort of Nursery/preschool at the time. And now she's gone.
Good Sleuthing trying to identify the black object, the vicinity to mail box, and the half wrapped gift.
But I'm confused when keys, and gloves are finding their way into the conversation as facts. It would help so much if we said : "JMO", or MOO, to differentiate.

I wanted to add, and I'm not Sleuthing but, does the Geek squad get company cell phones to use while on jobs? Especially if employees are encouraged to leave their personal phones behind? I think it's something to chew on...JMO, IMO.😊

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hope we are not still doubting this poor man. Keith was at work all day, with a coworker, and inside customer homes. None of those people are going to lie. He has been cleared and is not a suspect.

Sometimes people hire other people to cause harm to their spouses. Just because someone wasn't at the scene doesn't mean they don't have involvement. I am not saying that's what happened here, but it's not reasonable for people who sleuth as a hobby to just immediately dismiss someone as "cleared" because they were seen elsewhere at the time.

LE has provided a timeline in a video, which does NOT include a 2:00 sighting.

11/2/16
10:37 AM SP texts KP asking if he'll be home for lunch
11:00 AM-ish SP is possibly seen jogging (by tree cutters) (near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road?)
12:00 PM-ish is SP's phone loses connection
1:39 PM KP responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
4:30 - 5:00 PM-ish KP returns home to empty house and SP's car is in driveway
KP calls daycare
KP tracks SP's phone with find my phone app
KP locates SP's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing (as reported by MSM) AND

The 2:00 pm sighting has not been named by LE. In fact, they purposefully and intentionally omitted the 2:00 reference from their official timeline.

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

Wait, I copied the timeline to the map yesterday that was taken from the video. The video wouldn't play for me, is this not accurate? The 2pm sighting was there (on the post)

11/2/16
10:37 AM Texts husband asking if he'll be home for lunch
11:00 AM Sherri is possibly seen jogging (by tree cutters)
12:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri's phone connection goes dead
1:39 PM Husband responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
2:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Sherri is seen walking/jogging in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road
5:00 - 6:00 PM-ish (exact time unknown) Husband returns home to empty house and Sherri's car in driveway
(Time unknown) Husband calls daycare
(Time unknown) Husband tracks Sherri's phone with app
(Time unknown) Husband locates Sherri's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

I would guess this is too small a department to put this together for the case, but I totally agree it is an important tool for LE and could help generate tips. Unless there is good reason to hold back the info, every MP case should have a timeline released. If they know she was at the store that day, someone might have spoken to her, or saw someone sketchy in the parking lot, etc. Wish it was standard protocol for the FBI to help get that together!!
I think finding out what she was doing leading up to the disappearance would have been right up there with interviewing family and doing initial search. I don't think the size of department would matter, and they had assistance from different departments from day 1, and now fbi. I'm sure they have some sort of a timeline by now.

They don't want any information getting out for whatever reason. I hope it's helping find sherri.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

First timer here. I've got nothing to contribute. I just want to say this is a very intelligent and respectful forum very refreshing! My gut says abduction but the lack of evidence we are privy to is frustrating. I'm hoping LE is close!

First timer here. I've got nothing to contribute. I just want to say this is a very intelligent and respectful forum very refreshing! My gut says abduction but the lack of evidence we are privy to is frustrating. I'm hoping LE is close!

Welcome, nighthawk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious as to what y'all make of yesterday's police log. There is no narrative given on the calls relating to SP's case (page 1). The address given in one is also referenced on page 25. I'm not sure how to interpret these codes. Could it be suspicious circumstances? IMO, the calls aren't long enough to indicate any real findings. Does anyone recall seeing this address in previous logs? Maybe an abandoned property with squatters? Just speculating.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-15-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Wait, I copied the timeline to the map yesterday that was taken from the video. The video wouldn't play for me, is this not accurate? The 2pm sighting was there (on the post)
Sheriff Bosenko said about 2pm at the first news conference and her missing person fliers say 2pm.

Hello everyone!. I am new to websluths.

This is my first post. I just wanted to post my theory on this case. I am open to suggestion and I follow forensic science
and profiling as a hobby. I am not affiliated with any law enforcement have a few ideas on this case that may or may not make sense.

what strikes me is the earbuds found along with her cell phone. If I remember correctly, some hair was found
along with the earbuds. Possibly someone may have known her jogging route?. I would ask if she always took the same
route? or if she alternated.

To me it may be possible she may have been watched for a while and an individual may have been stalking her and her
runs unknown to her. Or he may even have talked to her at one point in time by timing when she may be jogging an
jogged with her on occasion. Then if he ever pulled up in a vehicle and stopped to talk to her she may have let down
her guard just enough. Probably someone who may not live near by buy knows the area. Most likely has a record for sexual assault. He may be
searching out of his area where he resides not to draw suspicion since local PD may be looking for that profile within
their jurisdiction.

white male 25-34. He would probably need a van or a SUV. To abduct someone from the road with a large vehicle if a
vehicle passed the vehicle would be in the way so no one may have saw the struggle on the other side.

On the phone she left behind may have had a clue if he forced her or somehow made her drop the phone. Hopefully LPD took it into evidence.

Seems to me if there had been a struggle, the earphones would have been pulled out of the phone...but they were connected. Just thinking out loud again ....

Please give us an update .... something....

I'm pretty much on the same page. I don't recall seeing anything about SP being a member to a local gym. She's obviously very fit and could have encountered someone there who followed her home or began stalking. If so, I would think the gym personnel would be able to assist LE with lists of other members that were present. This could also contribute to why she had the carry permit. JMO, of course. SP's appearance reminds me of my BF who, despite wearing a wedding ring, continues to be approached by men at the gym. If SP had a regular schedule at the gym (ie. for a particular class), it would be easy for a perp to track her.

Hello everyone!. I am new to websluths.

This is my first post. I just wanted to post my theroy on this case. I am open to suggestion and I follow forensic science
and profiling as a hobby. I am not affiliated with any law inforcment.I have a few ideas on this case that may or maynot make sense.

what strikes me is the earbuds found along with her cell phone. If I remember correctly, some hair was found
along with the earbuds. Possibly someone may have known her jogging route?. I would ask if she always took the same
route? or if she alternated.

To me it may be possible she may have been watched for a while and an individual may have been stalking her and her
runs unknown to her. Or he may even have talked to her at one point in time by timing when she may be jogging an
jogged with her on occasion. Then if he ever pulled up in a vehicle and stopped to talk to her she may have let down
her gaurd just enough. Probably someone who may not live near by buy knows the area. Most lilely has a record for sexual assult. He may be
searhcing out of his area where he resides not to draw suspicion since local PD may be looking for that profile within
their juristiction.

white male 25-34. He would probably need a van or a SUV. To abuct someone from the road with a large vehicle if a
vehicle passed the vehicle would be in the way so no one may have saw the struggle on the other side.

On the phone she left behind may have had a clue if he forced her or somehow made her drop the phone, but since the
husband i believe found it, there would be no way to see if there where any partial prints.

Seems to me if there had been a struggle, the earphones would have been pulled out of the phone...but they were connected. Just thinking out loud again ....
Everything about the phone is bizarre. Headphones still attached, left out in the open of a fairly heavy traffic area possibly from noon until nearly 6pm.

Very odd, imo.

Just to play devils advocate here, I know quite a few women that have a gun and carry permit, but don't carry it with them and aren't threatened by anyone. They tell me I should have one but I don't feel the need. They did it because they can.

Maybe she did so because she was at home with the kids most of the time alone and not because she felt threatened.

Curious as to what y'all make of yesterday's police log. There is no narrative given on the calls relating to SP's case (page 1). The address given in one is also referenced on page 25. I'm not sure how to interpret these codes. Could it be suspicious circumstances? IMO, the calls aren't long enough to indicate any real findings. Does anyone recall seeing this address in previous logs? Maybe an abandoned property with squatters? Just speculating.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-15-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I don't know what it means but

City Council Chambers
4488 Red Bluff Street

Just to play devils advocate here, I know quite a few women that have a gun and carry permit, but don't carry it with them and aren't threatened by anyone. They tell me I should have one but I don't feel the need. They did it because they can.

Maybe she did so because she was at home with the kids most of the time alone and not because she felt threatened.

Exactly. I know lots of people, women and men, with them and none feel threatened that I know of.

I'm pretty much on the same page. I don't recall seeing anything about SP being a member to a local gym. She's obviously very fit and could have encountered someone there who followed her home or began stalking. If so, I would think the gym personnel would be able to assist LE with lists of other members that were present. This could also contribute to why she had the carry permit. JMO, of course. SP's appearance reminds me of my BF who, despite wearing a wedding ring, continues to be approached by men at the gym. If SP had a regular schedule at the gym (ie. for a particular class), it would be easy for a perp to track her.
In my area police put out a warning that criminals have been staking out people stopping at banks, following them home and surprising them in the driveway to rob them. This is another reason I think releasing a timeline is so important, someone might have seen something odd at a parking lot, but not connected it to Sherri at home.

Which just leads me back to thinking they don't need that information because they already know what happened. I'm hoping this is the case, the cases where the victim never gets found really haunt me. I can't imagine always wondering.

Everything about the phone is bizarre. Headphones still attached, left out in the open of a fairly heavy traffic area possibly from noon until nearly 6pm.

Very odd, imo.

She could have taken the ear buds out to be able to hear someone asking her a question. I don't think it's that odd that the phone wasn't seen even if it had been there for 6 hours. People aren't observant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980