Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out why would police cover evidence with a glove, since they need clear photos for their case. We know they took clear photos of whatever is under that glove ... so why not release those? It tells me it's something they don't want the public to know about. But then why release that pic at all? The black glove has stirred up a lot of misinformation (part of her jacket, a running band / pack, an abductors glove) if it's just a police glove covering evidence.

Great question.

It's been said on here that her phone wasn't found on Sunrise/Old Oregon, but on a trail nearby. Was it on that dirt road that for a bit runs parallel to Sunrise? I'm trying to understand the exact area to get an idea for the logistics required.

It's been said on here that her phone wasn't found on Sunrise/Old Oregon, but on a trail nearby. Was it on that dirt road that for a bit runs parallel to Sunrise? I'm trying to understand the exact area to get an idea for the logistics required.
That is not accurate as far as I know. I think the reporter used the term trail in error. Every story i have read or video i have watched said the phone was near the road.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think it might have to do with pinging where her phone was at and at what time. Maybe give them an idea of where the crime actually occurred and when. Maybe also double check where Keith's phone was during these times as well. I think it's more sophisticated than reading their mail.

I hope we are not still doubting this poor man. Keith was at work all day, with a coworker, and inside customer homes. None of those people are going to lie. He has been cleared and is not a suspect.

Curious to know how long a dog can pick up a scent for, if Sherri left by car when she vanished, would dogs still pick up her scent along the route from earlier in the day or a previous day.

The bloodhound used in Hannah Graham's case was able to track her even four days after her disappearance. (She was last seen in the early morning hours of September 13, and the bloodhound tracked her on September 16 and 17.)

http://www.c-ville.com/bloodhound-center-jesse-matthew-hearing/ [This article misstates the date Hannah was last seen as September 14. She encountered Jesse Matthew the night of September 12/13.]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was researching about how much the Feds/LE can find about cell phone location. This article talks about several types of cell phone surveillance. One being the phone dump. I wonder if this is why the 2:00 sighting of Sherri running doesn't seem as relevant. Maybe the Sheriff did mean the last time her phone had a connection, that it was the last signal? According to this article they can find out more than I thought. Maybe her phone was signaling from her house until around noon? Here you go-
https://www.google.com/amp/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/404818/?client=safari

LE has provided a timeline in a video, which does NOT include a 2:00 sighting.

11/2/16
10:37 AM SP texts KP asking if he'll be home for lunch
11:00 AM-ish SP is possibly seen jogging (by tree cutters) (near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road?)
12:00 PM-ish is SP's phone loses connection
1:39 PM KP responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
4:30 - 5:00 PM-ish KP returns home to empty house and SP's car is in driveway
KP calls daycare
KP tracks SP's phone with find my phone app
KP locates SP's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing (as reported by MSM) AND

The 2:00 pm sighting has not been named by LE. In fact, they purposefully and intentionally omitted the 2:00 reference from their official timeline.

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx

Why? Why are we still doubting this poor man? Keith was at work all day, with a coworker, and INSIDE CUSTOMER HOUSES. None of those people are going to lie. Seriously. He has been cleared and is not a suspect!!!!!!!!
I didn't read her post that way. She was speaking to the phone dumps that were done initially BEFORE he was cleared.

:)

We do not know where the phone was found. KP stated it was near the road. That's all we know so far.

I didn't read her post that way. She was speaking to the phone dumps that were done initially BEFORE he was cleared.

Jinx. Ha ha I updated my post because I realized the same thing. However, others are still questioning him so it's still relevant to point out.

That is not accurate as far as I know. I think the reporter used the term trail in error. Every story i have read or video i have watched said the phone was near the road.

That's why I'm trying to get the info. 'Near' can mean many things as it is a non-specific description.

I'm trying to figure out why would police cover evidence with a glove, since they need clear photos for their case. We know they took clear photos of whatever is under that glove ... so why not release those? It tells me it's something they don't want the public to know about. But then why release that pic at all? The black glove has stirred up a lot of misinformation (part of her jacket, a running band / pack, an abductors glove) if it's just a police glove covering evidence.
LE didn't release it. A reporter took photos at the scene and LE was clear from Day 1 that they had potential evidence that he would not discuss. I've always assumed that they found at least 3 items. SPECULATION The phone and earbuds together and maybe 2 other things that they thought might be evidence but not directly tied to her like the phone.
JMO

I was here a couple of days ago when this was covered pretty thoroughly. Evidence marker 1 was at the phone, evidence marker 2 was the earbuds, and evidence marker 3 was a black glove. The tape around the glove was the marker. Go back and find it the in thread, its there.
Hi Bettylou4you,
I cannot find any LE comments regarding a black glove. Do you know which link it was in?
Thanks in advance.
Janine

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there is no official timeline and I don't understand why they couldn't release what happened before the abduction. Why not say she dropped her kids off at school, stopped at a store, went home for a jog? (Just example of day, no clue if she would stop anywhere).

In other cases I followed (admittedly just a handful) they released this info. They'll show footage of them leaving a store, mention if they logged onto their computer at a certain time, etc. So I'm not sure the reason for secrecy.

Maybe if she did not drop off kids, and they only have eye witnesses stating they saw her there is no firm confirmation she went missing Wednesday, and not some time before. Maybe there is no Wednesday timeline?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I would guess this is too small a department to put this together for the case, but I totally agree it is an important tool for LE and could help generate tips. Unless there is good reason to hold back the info, every MP case should have a timeline released. If they know she was at the store that day, someone might have spoken to her, or saw someone sketchy in the parking lot, etc. Wish it was standard protocol for the FBI to help get that together!!

I'm two pages behind but wanted to post this - it's an item on the left side of the 3 yellow marker - I circled in black - not that great in changing the color of the circle. What is this?

A rock

https://youtu.be/_oU260uQH7o

This video talks about how they have been in contact and searched properties of ALL nearby rso's
I wonder what became of the human trafficking angle we were pondering. I'd be curious to find out if there was any truth to people being held near the dam, or if the recent college complaints are related.

LE has provided a timeline in a video, which does NOT include a 2:00 sighting.

11/2/16
10:37 AM SP texts KP asking if he'll be home for lunch
11:00 AM-ish SP is possibly seen jogging (by tree cutters) (near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road?)
12:00 PM-ish is SP's phone loses connection
1:39 PM KP responds to text that he won't be home for lunch
4:30 - 5:00 PM-ish KP returns home to empty house and SP's car is in driveway
KP calls daycare
KP tracks SP's phone with find my phone app
KP locates SP's phone on side of road at Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Drive intersection
5:51 PM Husband reports Sherri missing (as reported by MSM) AND

The 2:00 pm sighting has not been named by LE. In fact, they purposefully and intentionally omitted the 2:00 reference from their official timeline.

Police Logs http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/daily_logs.aspx
In the first news conference the sheriff does say she was last seen on sunrise drive at about 2pm and Sherri's missing person fliers still say 2pm.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

LE didn't release it. A reporter took photos at the scene and LE was clear from Day 1 that they had potential evidence that he would not discuss. I've always assumed that they found at least 3 items. SPECULATION The phone and earbuds together and maybe 2 other things that they thought might be evidence but not directly tied to her like the phone.
JMO

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I thought LE released those photos. On the one hand I would love to know what they found, but I also realize that LE has to be discreet. It does anger me that reporters are willing to compromise an investigation if it means getting a story. There should have been a police perimeter barring media access. JMO

So I know that human trafficking is a popular theory these days, but could that be possible here? I'm reading through Redding, CA's police reports and someone was busted for human trafficking back in June. I just wasn't sure, since she's obviously an attractive woman, if this could be possible?

I've also seen several assaults on trails. One on an 83 year old woman and another a 61 year old man. I think it shows a lot about a person that can physically assault the elderly. Not sure if they're connected and a healthy middle-aged woman is in a much different physical class than the elderly but I can't help but wonder if there's a pattern.

I wonder what became of the human trafficking angle we were pondering. I'd be curious to find out if there was any truth to people being held near the dam, or if the recent college complaints are related.

I thought the "people being held near the damn" was a bit over-the-top. Surely LE would have been all over that, however; SP looks very young, so I can't dismiss the possibility of trafficking.

Has anyone here worked for a dispatch center or police station? What would be the "normal" amount of called 911 calls that have no response and they cannot get anyone on the line when they call back? I know with pocket dials or kids playing with the phone it could vary. I read through the police logs from yesterday and some of the ones people have posted from previous days and it seems there are 5+ each day from the same area or streets. I would hope they are checking them out besides just attempting a call back.

(I'm not trying to turn this into another round and round debate so was hoping for someone with experience to respond.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members