Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a quote earlier today where the sheriff said they would expand the search if no new leads developed. Instead they stopped searching all together. That makes me think they do know what happened. I'm guessing it's as poster above stated...they're getting they're ducks in a row.

I sure hope so, and that they're not still at square one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Those ducks can take a long time to line up, so it takes patience while LE is herding them into formation. But I have no doubt that they are getting them there.
:rubberducky: :rubberducky: :rubberducky: :rubberducky: :rubberducky:

It appears that Sherri often took the same running route. I believe she was abducted by someone who had the abduction well planned out. The perpetrator chose an area where there would be no witnesses and could most likely force her into a vehicle unseen. My prayers are with Sherri and her family.
This is sort of what I'm seeing too.
She's lightweight and this was likely used against her.
The semi rural setting also.

OK guests. You outnumber members over two to one. Don't be shy. :blushing: Join us.

:welcome2:

For what it's worth, I jog every second day.

I make a separate trip to go get my mail. When jogging, I don't want to carry my key, I don't want to stop at the mailbox, and I don't want to carry mail home.

And walking up to the mailbox burns extra calories, so it's all good.

My mailbox is 1/4 mile away, though. Sherri's was a mile, so that's a lot further. My point is, though, that I am very paranoid about losing my key while running, and also would hate to carry mail while running. I just don't see getting the mail while running as an option, personally.
YES! You are RIGhT! She was not ccecking the mail, I am now convinced!

I was researching about how much the Feds/LE can find about cell phone location. This article talks about several types of cell phone surveillance. One being the phone dump. I wonder if this is why the 2:00 sighting of Sherri running doesn't seem as relevant. Maybe the Sheriff did mean the last time her phone had a connection, that it was the last signal? According to this article they can find out more than I thought. Maybe her phone was signaling from her house until around noon? Here you go-
https://www.google.com/amp/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/404818/?client=safari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been so many recent cases of joggers being abducted/attacked. There were the two women on the East coast, I think NJ and Connecticut? Both found dead after being assaulted while jogging.

And there have been other cases of girls going missing while jogging, one in San Diego, IIRC. And one in Irvine. It is far too common, in my opinion. :mad:

I asked my husband this question. He said his dog would not be able to pick up a scent days later. Maybe a bloodhound but not an apprehension and drug dog like his. I wonder what type of dogs they used to search for Sherri.

I just listened again to the Action News Videos. I don't understand all of the codes that were used. One of the videos has a shot of the back window of a vehicle with "K9 TEAM, Shasta County Search and Rescue" in white letters. I think he said the Search and Rescue Team was Thursday. No mention of the type of K9s used. I also don't know where the K9 search was done.

Reported missing on Wednesday 11/02/2016 at 5:51 pm
Helicopter did a flare which checked for body heat - negative
Limited ground search
Integrated NCIC
Started interviews with family​

Thursday 11/03/2016
Ground Search by Detectives and the Search and Rescue Team
AB 109 Team searching all the 296 Registrants in the area - doing searches of their premises and residences​

After Friday 11/04/2016
"Totten said that at least 100 volunteers showed up to help search. “[This] included K9 units, ATV’s, two private helicopters, a private drone as well as volunteers on horseback,” she explained. “We worked closely with the family and friends of the family. We also worked with Nor Cal Alliance for Missing Persons and several others groups who set up food and parking for the searchers.”​

Description of searches on Wednesday 11/02/2016 and Thursday 11/03/2016
Action News Now - Three Videos
https://youtu.be/_oU260uQH7o
Avijah Scarbrough interview of LE in first video has
Description of searches done on day 1 and day 2​

Description of Search on/after Friday 11/04/2016
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-h...lieved-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

I'm two pages behind but wanted to post this - it's an item on the left side of the 3 yellow marker - I circled in black - not that great in changing the color of the circle. What is this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pink Black item circle.jpg
    Pink Black item circle.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 401
I would guess if she was going to open the mailbox she'd have her keys unless they don't have the mail key on it. Sometimes I wonder if the person or persons could be stalking all social media/forums/news the same way people trying to help solve it could be. I would say she had a gun because she was afraid of someone which leads me to think she wouldn't leave the doors unlocked when alone or in general. I don't even leave mine unlocked and I live in a way safer town.

Thank you...that's it...I see it now...but, I am still going to insist on the earbuds...sorry...

Maybe they laid the glove over the earbuds to keep the hair from blowing away or evidence from getting lost while they were processing the scene.

For what it's worth, I jog every second day.

I make a separate trip to go get my mail. When jogging, I don't want to carry my key, I don't want to stop at the mailbox, and I don't want to carry mail home.

And walking up to the mailbox burns extra calories, so it's all good.

My mailbox is 1/4 mile away, though. Sherri's was a mile, so that's a lot further. My point is, though, that I am very paranoid about losing my key while running, and also would hate to carry mail while running. I just don't see getting the mail while running as an option, personally.

But since she had that zipper thing, she could have more easily carried a key and got the mail on her way back from her run. (I do believe a mile is a lot, though, for that). When I lived in an area with community mailboxes, I'd tie my key on to my shoelace to get my mail on the way back from my run.....but the mailbox was a lot closer than a mile.

There have been so many recent cases of joggers being abducted/attacked. There were the two women on the East coast, I think NJ and Connecticut? Both found dead after being assaulted while jogging.

And there have been other cases of girls going missing while jogging, one in San Diego, IIRC. And one in Irvine. It is far too common, in my opinion. :mad:

(O/T, Remember the Central Park Jogger?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_jogger_case )

I really think the creepy tree trimmer in the one log and the person trying to take people at the college as well as apparently at the outlets(or so I saw someone say in the find SP page) could be the perp or perps and that the tree trimmers that said when they saw her could be involved. They'd have a pretty easy time spying on her from up there if the trees were really tall.

New here...my husband is a police officer. They use black gloves. He says every other agency he's worked with also uses black gloves. So could be LE covered evidence with what they had on hand, if that is a glove. He also is a K9 officer so I've seen how amazing his dog is. If the dogs couldn't pick up a scent, I put a lot of faith in that. I can't get past LE calling off the searches so early on. I think they've got something going and are getting their ducks in a row. Hope so at least.

Somebody close to LE agrees with me!!!! Yes, to all you've said here. Goodness, I pray they can get their man / woman soon and find Sherri!

So my daughter just walked in the door with our mail in her hand, and she was holding her phone. I just did a double take because of the obvious. Maybe she wasn't jogging when she was taken? Maybe she got a confirmation email on her phone that a package was delivered? She could've also been taken from her home and someone discarded her phone while driving off? So many questions unanswered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk every day to our community mailbox, about a block away. I always take my phone. I think it's a fair point that she may have jogged at 11:00am and then walked to get the mail later, with her phone. Maybe she saw the mail truck go by while she was wrapping the gift.

I'm trying to figure out why would police cover evidence with a glove, since they need clear photos for their case. We know they took clear photos of whatever is under that glove ... so why not release those? It tells me it's something they don't want the public to know about. But then why release that pic at all? The black glove has stirred up a lot of misinformation (part of her jacket, a running band / pack, an abductors glove) if it's just a police glove covering evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks