Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New here...my husband is a police officer. They use black gloves. He says every other agency he's worked with also uses black gloves. So could be LE covered evidence with what they had on hand, if that is a glove. He also is a K9 officer so I've seen how amazing his dog is. If the dogs couldn't pick up a scent, I put a lot of faith in that. I can't get past LE calling off the searches so early on. I think they've got something going and are getting their ducks in a row. Hope so at least.
Welcome. Thanks for your insight. I have the same thoughts regarding scent, searches, and ducks in a row.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

With such large areas of land in this town, does anyone find it odd that LE hasn't asked the public to check their properties for clues? Another reason why I think LE is on to something.

With 4 rso so close by her it's a very strong possibility one of them grabbed her.

Noting that one of them is directly west through the woods & fields (as the crow flies) from the mail boxes FWIW (rape by force RSO)

ETA PS my mail key is always & has forever been on it's own key ring by itself....just saying.

With such large areas of land in this town, does anyone find it odd that LE hasn't asked the public to check their properties for clues? Another reason why I think LE is on to something.
Yes we usually hear things like that, asking for people to check properties or report if they saw a certain vehicle, etc.

It's definitely an unusual case.

Noting that one of them is directly west through the woods & fields (as the crow flies) from the mail boxes FWIW
I think one of the first things the sheriff said was they were conducting interviews of the family and 4 rso's. I'm guessing it would be those 4. I'll try to find the interview.

For those who were wondering, the wedding was in early October, according to the father-in-law.

After eliminating suicide, and leaving either alone or with someone else,
Occam's razor for me has to be she was abducted between where the mail boxes are and her home.or else she was interrupted while wrapping the parcel by someone arriving at house.
I think it's possible the perp got lucky and no one did see him, I always think of William Tyrrell vanishing off the face of the earth within minutes.

Noting that one of them is directly west through the woods & fields (as the crow flies) from the mail boxes FWIW (rape by force RSO)

ETA PS my mail key is always & has forever been on it's own key ring by itself....just saying.

Mine too. Just thought I'd throw that in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New here...my husband is a police officer. They use black gloves. He says every other agency he's worked with also uses black gloves. So could be LE covered evidence with what they had on hand, if that is a glove. He also is a K9 officer so I've seen how amazing his dog is. If the dogs couldn't pick up a scent, I put a lot of faith in that. I can't get past LE calling off the searches so early on. I think they've got something going and are getting their ducks in a row. Hope so at least.

Curious to know how long a dog can pick up a scent for, if Sherri left by car when she vanished, would dogs still pick up her scent along the route from earlier in the day or a previous day.

Wouldn't it be lovely if a reporter were following along here with us and could ask Bosenko or the lead investigator to clarify some things during their next interview or in an email?

For example, should the public be concerned that a kidnapper is on the loose? Should property owners in the area be checking their properties? Did KP find the home locked when he got home from work? What is considered an acceptable timeframe in responding to tips when they are reported? Who was the last person to see Sherri?

[emoji6]Jmo.

Wouldn't it be lovely if a reporter were following along here with us and could ask Bosenko or the lead investigator to clarify some things during their next interview or in an email?

For example, should the public be concerned that a kidnapper is on the loose? Should property owners in the area be checking their properties? Did KP find the home locked when he got home from work? What is considered an acceptable timeframe in responding to tips when they are reported? Who was the last person to see Sherri?

[emoji6]Jmo.

All questions I'd REALLY love to know the answer to.

I asked my husband this question. He said his dog would not be able to pick up a scent days later. Maybe a bloodhound but not an apprehension and drug dog like his. I wonder what type of dogs they used to search for Sherri.

With the sheriff saying the FBI has been brought in for their technical expertise, wouldn't that point towards them believing there's evidence to be gained from Sherri's phone or the computer and other devices in the home? I can't imagine they'd be very relevant if it was a random stranger abduction. Then again, maybe they're really just grasping at straws and don't know if there's anything there but feel they need to check and can't do a thorough job themselves.

Posting from my phone, what the heck happened to the quoted post from Steelman? Thank you Lilibet for making ME not look crazy, lol.

Here you go, Knox. He posted it this afternoon. I had to go back quite a few pages to find it. You had me worried! Nothing like a post being deleted and our replies becoming the random non sequiters of a couple of looney tunes! Glad our sanity reputations are still intact. :D

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-4&p=12937222#post12937222

With the sheriff saying the FBI has been brought in for their technical expertise, wouldn't that point towards them believing there's evidence to be gained from Sherri's phone or the computer and other devices in the home? I can't imagine they'd be very relevant if it was a random stranger abduction. Then again, maybe they're really just grasping at straws and don't know if there's anything there but feel they need to check and can't do a thorough job themselves.

Did yall see the cnn article today about Android backdoor.
Blamed China ofc but gist was, location, texts, and one other dataset i can't recall.
:(

Hoping FBI takes it s e r i o u s l y.

I think it might have to do with pinging where her phone was at and at what time. Maybe give them an idea of where the crime actually occurred and when. Maybe also double check where Keith's phone was during these times as well. I think it's more sophisticated than reading their mail.

I posted a quote earlier today where the sheriff said they would expand the search if no new leads developed. Instead they stopped searching all together. That makes me think they do know what happened. I'm guessing it's as poster above stated...they're getting they're ducks in a row.

I sure hope so, and that they're not still at square one :(

It may depend on which iPhone you have but I did not have to set up anything....a friend showed me hers and when I clicked on mine, it had been recording my steps. You cannot delete it.

I have a iphone 6 s I believe....and mine did not record any data. It appeared to be waiting for me to set it up with info and data.

I think it may depend upon how the phone was first set up. My son set mine up and turned off some apps he said I was not going to use. I never even know about this app until now---it's cool.

It appears that Sherri often took the same running route. I believe she was abducted by someone who had the abduction well planned out. The perpetrator chose an area where there would be no witnesses and could most likely force her into a vehicle unseen. My prayers are with Sherri and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar