Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the person who took Sherri was interested in money, wouldn't he/she have already contacted the family and asked for it ? I thought that's how kidnapping for ransom worked.

It's possible, albeit unlikely, that although ransom wasn't the initial intention it could change to one later under the right circumstances.

I don't think ability to create a good-looking website is correlated with ability to pay a ransom... plenty of people with money can't design websites.

I agree. Plus, IF this is a legitimate offer they'd want to keep everything as confidential and anonymous as possible for both parties...without involving an outside web designer. As has been said, a professional website could look as if LE was behind it and scare off any potential trade.

(I can't believe I just wrote that because it's all so far-fetched as it is! Hanging on to hope...)

In my opinion, there is a lack of a lot of things we typically see on cases. I don't think any seasoned Websleuth expects a case to be solved in two weeks. But in these two weeks something shifted and it's no longer recognizable as the missing person cases I'm used to here. I do have full hope and confidence Sherri's case will be solved and pray for a big break soon. I have an idea of what happened ... time will tell. I'll be back ... bye for now.

My guess is that they have no viable leads to pursue. Zilch.

Don't give up. I've been following one case for 39 years. Still determined.
Oh I'm not giving up...I just can't bang my head against the wall. As soon as something more exists I will jump back in...too many guesses with no facts makes me nuts...it's a character flaw of mine...
They will release information soon...I have no question.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Completely aside from what I have always thought/felt about this particular case, I want to ask about the present. Why do people think it is weird the present wasn't fully wrapped? I am clearly missing the significance.

So, you're wrapping a present. It's the morning or early in the day and you're not due to bring it anywhere, so it's a leisurely task.

Then...a phone call comes in... you need to go to the bathroom....you suddenly feel like crud and need to lie down...you remember that wet clothes are sitting in wash and don't want them to get stinky...you remember the cable bill having to be paid before noon...,you realize you're using Happy Hanukkah paper on a birthday gift or you forgot the get the card...these human things distract us and take us from tasks all day every day. Maybe I am more of a walking disaster than I'd ever thought (perhaps not possible), but I get sidetracked during tasks quite often. By the time I remember, I might not have the time or resources to finish it or I may just not want to deal. Sometimes the outcome of that kind of thing is OK, and sometimes not, but...I am human. Not finishing taping up a gift is the least in my list of wrongs.

Am I really off here?

Keith said "it wasn't there when I left," so we can conclude that it was somewhere where he would have seen it in the morning.

I find the present to be fairly significant. Who would leave a partially wrapped present out in the open and leave the house? I just don't see it.
I agree. But then that means someone came into her house and took her and interrupted her wrapping. It's plausible for sure. Especially with stun guns.

Completely aside from what I have always thought/felt about this particular case, I want to ask about the present. Why do people think it is weird the present wasn't fully wrapped? I am clearly missing the significance.

So, you're wrapping a present. It's the morning or early in the day and you're not due to bring it anywhere, so it's a leisurely task.

Then...a phone call comes in... you need to go to the bathroom....you suddenly feel like crud and need to lie down...you remember that wet clothes are sitting in wash and don't want them to get stinky...you remember the cable bill having to be paid before noon...,you realize you're using Happy Hanukkah paper on a birthday gift or you forgot the get the card...these human things distract us and take us from tasks all day every day. Maybe I am more of a walking disaster than I'd ever thought (perhaps not possible), but I get sidetracked during tasks quite often. By the time I remember, I might not have the time or resources to finish it or I may just not want to deal. Sometimes the outcome of that kind of thing is OK, and sometimes not, but...I am human. Not finishing taping up a gift is the least in my list of wrongs.

Am I really off here?
I think it depends on what the definition of not fully wrapped. If it means no bows and ribbons and extras I agree. If it means she was just putting the paper on and was in the process of taping it i disagree and it's weird. When I hear unwrapped I picture the pillow with paper barely covering it and just a couple of pieces of tape starting to hold it on....

As a child of LE I'm sure you know that they will play their cards very close to their chest especially so early into an investigation. They have their reasons for not releasing much information and not requesting the public help. It could be because they have absolutely no clue and someone pulled off a perfect crime, could be because they suspect someone close to the family, could be because they have reason to suspect she left on her own accord.

Searches are done. That's reality. The family stopped as well don't forget.

Silence doesn't equal complacency.

I think the anger and lack of confidence some are feeling has to do with this particular department. From what I've read they don't have a good track record in finding the missing. Especially when comparing them to other law enforcement agencies in different areas. We're used to more updates, longer searches, and more evidence being found. This is a very strange case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So. Thinking about KP talking with investigators the other day (Tuesday? Wednesday?) I think it is entirely plausible that LE Told him they have nothing and that unless otherwise evidence shows, there is nothing they can do.

THEN KP tells his family this, and the idea is tossed around to start the website and try to find her without LE's help. They have all the money from the account at their disposal. So a ransom could be paid if necessary.

Am I really off here?
I think I find it odd because it was for her husband, addressed to him, and he says it wasn't there when he left. I guess my thought is why bother to wrap it if she didn't care if he saw it. So, for me, its significant. But that's my thought.

I don't think ability to create a good-looking website is correlated with ability to pay a ransom... plenty of people with money can't design websites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're right. I don't think that matters. And I don't think the person offering the money is the person who built the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with this case is the information has gone stagnant and LE radio silent. This leads to so much speculation and guessing in all directions.

Truth is we may never know, there are no clues for us to suss out and dissect. Without more to go on I think for me it's time to bow out.

Like everyone else I have my idea of what happened but it's honestly just a made up supposition based off of nothing. I have not one piece to go off of but a phone and ear buds and a present that for all I know was in the same place and stage of wrapping for weeks....idk where in the house it even was lol...could have been in a back craft room used only by her so no reason to hide it etc.

Until LE releases some info I think it's time for me to bounce. There is no way to be productive in this thread...

See ya when the well gets some water.....

I like this. What if WS went silent on this case for a few days?

Submitting this knowing I am always posting to the wind anyway.

Keith said "it wasn't there when I left," so we can conclude that it was somewhere where he would have seen it in the morning.

I find the present to be fairly significant. Who would leave a partially wrapped present out in the open and leave the house? I just don't see it.

RSBM

Maybe someone knocked at the front door ? I'm assuming they took any prints where a perp might have handled/touched a surface ?

I'm still not going to rule out she left of her own volition and maybe has a secret lover ?
Which means she's fine and her family has to come to terms with her wanting a different life.

Without more to go on.. I'm off to peruse other cases and will be back.
MOO

So. Thinking about KP talking with investigators the other day (Tuesday? Wednesday?) I think it is entirely plausible that LE Told him they have nothing and that unless otherwise evidence shows, there is nothing they can do.

THEN KP tells his family this, and the idea is tossed around to start the website and try to find her without LE's help. They have all the money from the account at their disposal. So a ransom could be paid if necessary.

Probably something like that... and if I were in their shoes, I'd do it too. What do you have to lose?

I don't know what the heck is up with this bizarre case, but one thing I do know - someone (or more than one someone) is doggedly determined to slant this case in an abduction/kidnapping for ransom direction. LE has come right out and said there is NO EVIDENCE of an abduction. The "who" behind this constant abduction outcry may well lead to the "why" and "how" of Sherri's disappearance. Something to think about. Especially after that over the top bizarre ransom letter.

Am I really off here?

Most of those things you point to would indicate something happened in the house rather than a mile away on foot.

They announce the FBI have joined the investigation yesterday, then today we have this ransom letter and site, idk, idk, idk

There have been so many recent cases of joggers being abducted/attacked. There were the two women on the East coast, I think NJ and Connecticut? Both found dead after being assaulted while jogging.

And there have been other cases of girls going missing while jogging, one in San Diego, IIRC. And one in Irvine. It is far too common, in my opinion. :mad:

Are there POI's in any of these other cases???? Are they all accounted for??? or is one POI (JEJ) MIA????

Hopefully someone has the answers...

:confused:

I don't know what the heck is up with this bizarre case, but one thing I do know - someone (or more than one someone) is doggedly determined to slant this case in an abduction/kidnapping for ransom direction. LE has come right out and said there is NO EVIDENCE of an abduction. The "who" behind this constant abduction outcry may well lead to the "why" and "how" of Sherri's disappearance. Something to think about. Especially after that over the top bizarre ransom letter.

They may not emotionally be able to deal with the alternatives that she ran away voluntarily, committed suicide or was murdered

Am I really off here?

No, you're not off. Hubby said Sherri was wrapping "presents", plural. Has no one ever run out of tape or paper around here? Maybe she had already wrapped 15 presents and ran out on #16. It's probably as absurdly simple as that.

Unless the present is part of the stage, along with the phone drop. THEN it might be significant.

Why hasn't the family called in Texas Equasearch and also try to get the story out to John Walsh and others?
I just don't get why no one seems to be searching for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli