Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Keith's step dad/mom's long term boyfriend recently stated that she was reportedly jogging around noon. I'm not sure if his statements matter though. Did someone say he's no longer the spokesperson for this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think he ever was, Sherri's sister said her and Keith were.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Do we know anything about the daycare/preschool schedule?

Most stay-at-home moms that I know may do daycare part time - usually half days. Or it could be that they do full days 2 or 3 times a week. I'm assuming SP was supposed to pick them up that day. Wonder what time? If I remember correctly, KP returned home from work between 4:30 and 5pm, saw that no one was home, called the daycare and sent someone to them up.

I'd like to know who delivered them to daycare and at what time, who was supposed to pick them up and at what time - and was this the normal routine.

It might help the timeline.

Thank you for taking the time to explain that. Why would someone bother to shut the phone off or remove the battery if they were just going to toss it?

And if the phone lost connection at noon, remained at the mailboxes, it suggests she disappeared there at noon ... so the 2pm jogging sighting is improbable. She was missing within one hour of asking her husband if he was coming home for lunch.
Yes, if that's what the sheriff meant by lost connections it seems unlikely that the 2pm sighting is correct. Unless she legitimately lost her phone getting the mail, when she realized it she went looking and got abducted before making it to her phone.

But that once again leads us back to no scent and no sighting on cameras...

But even taking it as a separate incident, it shows it lasted a total of 1 minute and there's no mention of it causing KP to spend time with LE because of it.

Okay. Are you thinking they're close to solving the case? Is that why they spent a lot of time with Keith? If so, I hope you're right!

Actually, I'm just playing dumb. My mind won't go there unless LE states he's a person of interest, which he is not. He has every reason to be down there. ;)
IMO of course.

I don't think he ever was, Sherri's sister said her and Keith were.

Ah so he just threw himself in there in the beginning.

Do we know anything about the daycare/preschool schedule?

Most stay-at-home moms that I know may do daycare part time - usually half days. Or it could be that they do full days 2 or 3 times a week. I'm assuming SP was supposed to pick them up that day. Wonder what time? If I remember correctly, KP returned home from work between 4:30 and 5pm, saw that no one was home, called the daycare and sent someone to them up.

I'd like to know who delivered them to daycare and at what time, who was supposed to pick them up and at what time - and was this the normal routine.

It might help the timeline.
Unfortunately there is no official timeline and I don't understand why they couldn't release what happened before the abduction. Why not say she dropped her kids off at school, stopped at a store, went home for a jog? (Just example of day, no clue if she would stop anywhere).

In other cases I followed (admittedly just a handful) they released this info. They'll show footage of them leaving a store, mention if they logged onto their computer at a certain time, etc. So I'm not sure the reason for secrecy.

Maybe if she did not drop off kids, and they only have eye witnesses stating they saw her there is no firm confirmation she went missing Wednesday, and not some time before. Maybe there is no Wednesday timeline?

Thank you for taking the time to explain that. Why would someone bother to shut the phone off or remove the battery if they were just going to toss it?

And if the phone lost connection at noon, remained at the mailboxes, it suggests she disappeared there at noon ... so the 2pm jogging sighting is improbable. She was missing within one hour of asking her husband if he was coming home for lunch.

Removing the battery prevents tracking. If for instance this was a female perp (I'm not assuming the gender of the anyone involved in this has to be male), they could have intentionally messed up the phone tracking by removing the battery. One scenario I have is that she was attacked at home by an acquaintance female (with or without help) who a couple hours later wore SP's running jacket and planted the evidence, so it looked like she was seen later that day with a crime happening a mile away and 2 hours later.

That basically happened over 2 miles in front of their house and actually that incident with the very long follow up is part of why I think LE prioritized themselves to respond slowly to that. That would be mighty crazy to wait 12 days to get information from a witness and then after almost two weeks to drag the husband along for that. There's also no mention there of KP having any involvement other than being a listed contact, like what it says on all the Papini-related entries.

I took the intersection to be where the reporting person was waiting for the officer, not necessarily where he saw the 415 disturbance, which could have been somewhere else. I think it's hard to say without someone who's more versed in the formatting of these logs.

Ah so he just threw himself in there in the beginning.

Yes, and it's one of the things that gives me the impression Sherri's family is not on the same page as Keith's. There seems to be a different "tone" to their interviews. All jmo jmo jmo of course!

The phone still feels planted to me. JMO ... and that could mean several possible scenarios. I'm not 100% sold on any of them, though. One keeps rolling through my mind.

The phone still feels planted to me. JMO ... and that could mean several possible scenarios. I'm not 100% sold on any of them, though. One keeps rolling through my mind.

Respectfully, Miss Gulf South...can you share?

It could be lost wifi/gps, battery died, removed or turned off.

The Find my phone app will log the last place the phone had Internet connections. This means the phone was near the mailbox location when it lost connections and remained there until Keith found it.

If anyone happened upon it and thought "free iphone", taking it with them, Keith would have been led to the mailbox location, but the phone would have been gone.

What he said about the phone is pretty ambiguous to me - seems like it could mean anything from that was simply the last time she made or received any texts/calls, to the phone being physically powered off. I think unless it's clarified it's hard to say what it means really.

Seems planted to me as well and if it did in fact sit there from noon until nearly 6pm near a community mailbox, that's amazing. If I found it I would assume it was accidently dropped out of car door or something (would not have thought abduction, but maybe now i will!) pick it up, try to call owner and turn into police if that failed. I personally wouldn't leave something so valuable sitting there.

Okay. Are you thinking they're close to solving the case? Is that why they spent a lot of time with Keith? If so, I hope you're right!

I think they're close on knowing who was involved, which there can be a gulf the size of the Grand Canyon between knowing who did it and having the evidence to convict someone of one or more serious felonies, which they may never get. The phone evidence for instance would seem to point to many things that most likely didn't happen (like I think that may be in part why the 2 PM seems to be going away), but itself wouldn't get you a criminal conviction.

Yes, and it's one of the things that gives me the impression Sherri's family is not on the same page as Keith's. There seems to be a different "tone" to their interviews. All jmo jmo jmo of course!

I don't know if they're on the same page as the step dad, but they sure do seem to love Keith, especially Sherri's sister. Not implying anything.

Respectfully, Miss Gulf South...can you share?

If y'all promise not to blast me! :D

One of the nagging theories ... what if this is like Jennifer Wilbanks, Audrey Sieler, Fauna Jackson? The blonde hairs in the bed of the vacant house ... could she be hiding out? Maybe she packed a bag.

Suicide is back on the table for me.

Abduction is always a possibility, but it is rare ... and the time frame was one hour. Unless someone she knew and trusted was in the home and sent that text to Keith.

The phone feels planted to me and I don't know why.

I think they're close on knowing who was involved, which there can be a gulf the size of the Grand Canyon between knowing who did it and having the evidence to convict someone of one or more serious felonies, which they may never get. The phone evidence for instance would seem to point to many things that most likely didn't happen (like I think that may be in part why the 2 PM seems to be going away), but itself wouldn't get you a criminal conviction.

It's so disappointing...We need new news. We need Sherri home. [emoji30]

If y'all promise not to blast me! :D

One of the nagging theories ... what if this is like Jennifer Wilbanks, Audrey Sieler, Fauna Jackson? The blonde hairs in the bed of the vacant house ... could she be hiding out? Maybe she packed a bag.

Suicide is back on the table for me.

Abduction is always a possibility, but it is rare ... and the time frame was one hour. Unless someone she knew and trusted was in the home and sent that text to Keith.

The phone feels planted to me and I don't know why.

Thank you...and I will never blast anything anyone writes here...not in the habit of doing that, anyhow!

Seems planted to me as well and if it did in fact sit there from noon until nearly 6pm near a community mailbox, that's amazing. If I found it I would assume it was accidently dropped out of car door or something (would not have thought abduction, but maybe now i will!) pick it up, try to call owner and turn into police if that failed. I personally wouldn't leave something so valuable sitting there.

I agree with you gals on the phone planting. No matter which way we look at it, something seems off. I'm glad the questionable 2:00 sighting is fading though. It helps a little bit.

I have an android phone so I'm not sure how iPhone differs, but if I send a text, I can click on the details of it and see if it's been received and read etc. if her phone wasn't communicating after 12 and her husband sent the text after that, is he able to see if her device received it and if it was read?

On iPhones you have to turn the setting on. I don't have it turned on so people can't see when I read their messages. But I can see the time they read mine if the people I send texts to that have the feature turned on. So even though I see the time on my end, they are the ones with the feature turned on.

Also certain iPhone models have the Health app but it doesn't collect data. For example, I still have the iPhone 5 and have the app but it doesn't have the feature to track and monitor my steps like the other models. I have workout apps that track my runs and workouts but I have to have them opened. I guess I'd assume more often than not people have newer models, except myself. [emoji5] But just thought it was worth a mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members