Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was married before, we know this. caselookup.shastacourts.com:8080/cgi-bin/webcase20r?casefmt=SCRDCVFL07-0160994-001. You may have to search on 2007 as the year. No evidence as to violence I see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all. I joined this site to follow this case and have been reading since Thread #1. One thought I had - I believe someone mentioned that SP sold things online. I wonder if this could have been a craigslist-type pick-up gone wrong? She may have gone jogging and was seen by witnesses. She was most likely listening to music on her headphones while jogging. May have received a text/call that someone wanted to pick-up their purchase. So she headed back to the house. Once she got there, she could have just been getting things done around the house while still listening to music on her headphones (I do this all the time after a run.) She may have been in the middle of wrapping a gift when the doorbell rang. She draped the headphones around her neck, answered the door, and she was abducted from there. The perp could have yanked her phone off of her (including headphones) and thrown them out the window as he drove away. This could explain why the dogs did not smell her around the phone/headphones. When she realized someone was going to come to do a pick-up, she may have just texted her husband to see if he was going to be home to make her feel more comfortable with a stranger coming by. I do this regularly as well. Obviously all of this is complete speculation on my part, but an angle that I don't believe has been discussed yet. Maybe they can track previously things that she sold and question some of those that they went to.

Hmmm....imo, this mention of the headphones is making me think she was either abducted away from the house while she was wearing the headphones or she was removed from the house and the headphone were later planted.

For the time being, I'm ruling out that she was abducted by a stranger from her own home. I just can't picture her wearing headphones with her phone inside the house and taken from the house while still having them.

Even with that scenario discarded, still several possibilities left on the table.

I hope this is not going cold. Please, no.

jmo

Hope this is ok to post; I have been trying to locate the 5 or so youtube links of the video clips of KP. I can not seem to find them. Can someone please repost or send me the info for what # thread to find? Thank you!!!!

Hi all! Newbie here.
I've been following from the beginning and happy to report I've read through all posts so I'm well caught up [emoji6]

Here are my thoughts:
I'm leaning towards this being an abduction and that it was by someone known to one or both of them. I'm thinking maybe she got into a car on her own before realizing danger, under pretence by someone there was an emergency,,KP was in an accident/ hospital,,etc. ( this would explain earbuds still in phone and no signs of struggle/ tire tracks)

I'm wondering if Best Buy employees- past and present have been looked at? Do they have a high turnaround of employees?
Can they easily be transferred from one location to a new one if already employed with them?
I'm sure KP works with a great bunch there, but with any large company it's not unlikely to bump heads or feel unease with someone at some point over the years.
I can't help but wonder if there's a connection here. Was SP's text that morning visible to anyone else while KP was working? Or an old grudge or obsession from years ago?

Also, did SP herself, ever at one time work at BB in the sales dept? And if so, did she ever have a problem with someone? I know some of her friends are on here, thought maybe they might know.

Thanks! And of course, all jmo.
Happy to be here and contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its occurred to me that maybe someone accidently hit her with their car......not knowing what to do, they took her to keep themselves out of trouble. I have actually known someone that did this! My hubby actually was the person that talked him into turning himself in.

Its occurred to me that maybe someone accidently hit her with their car......not knowing what to do, they took her to keep themselves out of trouble. I have actually known someone that did this! My hubby actually was the person that talked him into turning himself in.

I would think there would be evidence of a road accident if it caused such injury so as to want to hide a body. The driver would not have time to also clean up the road. Presumably the roads she might have used to run have been examined. Jmo

There's a video of an interview with Sherri's sister on the Sacbee website. Here.
(I thought it was just 5 pictures, but the first one is a video.)

Anyway, two observations:

- The article says the balloons are at the spot where the cell phone was found. Those balloons are tied on the fence on Sunrise Drive directly across the street from the mailboxes. It sure seems like those mailboxes are involved. They would provide an opportunity for someone to pull over and get out of their vehicle without necessarily alarming Sherri.

- She says, "It's the worst thing that could ever happen to somebody, to have to not have anything answered." The somebody she's referring to is her brother. It sounds like they're not getting much info from law enforcement.

There's a video of an interview with Sherri's sister on the Sacbee website. Here.
(I thought it was just 5 pictures, but the first one is a video.)

Anyway, two observations:

- The article says the balloons are at the spot where the cell phone was found. Those balloons are tied on the fence on Sunrise Drive directly across the street from the mailboxes. It sure seems like those mailboxes are involved. They would provide an opportunity for someone to pull over and get out of their vehicle without necessarily alarming Sherri.

- She says, "It's the worst thing that could ever happen to somebody, to have to not have anything answered." The somebody she's referring to is her brother. It sounds like they're not getting much info from law enforcement.

Makes sense about the mailbox location. As for quote, I could be wrong but I imagine it means having no answers about what happened, who did it, if she's alive or dead, etc. As someone posted earlier, this could be another case in which we never find out.

Hi all! Newbie here.
I've been following from the beginning and happy to report I've read through all posts so I'm well caught up [emoji6]

Here are my thoughts:
I'm leaning towards this being an abduction and that it was by someone known to one or both of them. I'm thinking maybe she got into a car on her own before realizing danger, under pretence by someone there was an emergency,,KP was in an accident/ hospital,,etc. ( this would explain earbuds still in phone and no signs of struggle/ tire tracks)

I'm wondering if Best Buy employees- past and present have been looked at? Do they have a high turnaround of employees?
Can they easily be transferred from one location to a new one if already employed with them?
I'm sure KP works with a great bunch there, but with any large company it's not unlikely to bump heads or feel unease with someone at some point over the years.
I can't help but wonder if there's a connection here. Was SP's text that morning visible to anyone else while KP was working? Or an old grudge or obsession from years ago?

Also, did SP herself, ever at one time work at BB in the sales dept? And if so, did she ever have a problem with someone? I know some of her friends are on here, thought maybe they might know.

Thanks! And of course, all jmo.
Happy to be here and contribute.

Hi there! Welcome! I'm glad you said something about KP's employees. The thought has crossed through my mind that it may have been someone aware of Keith's schedule and SP's daily routine. Someone aquatinted with SP that works with her husband may have become fixated on her. I hope LE has looked into it. Great thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

This thought has crossed my mind as well, from similar personal experience as well. In my case, the person - a tree maintenance contractor - had accidentally let a client's dog escape the back yard and wander into the front yard where they were trimming a tree. A branch fell on the dog and critically injured it. The contractor said that he didn't want to deal with an upset client, and so he put the dog through the wood chipper to dispose of it. Horrifying. The tree-trimmer witnesses in SP's case initially sparked memory of this story, and I realized that this type of thinking could be considered for the possible events of SP's day (e.g. trash collection, courier delivery, roadside jogging, etc.).

I would think there would be evidence of a road accident if it caused such injury so as to want to hide a body. The driver would not have time to also clean up the road. Presumably the roads she might have used to run have been examined. Jmo

Yes. The search was called off and no more info given. We have no idea if they found any evidence...

Does anyone here know ... if LE had obtained evidence that she left with someone voluntarily, was having an affair, was suicidal, etc. ... would they be tight lipped with Keith and the family, or would they reveal what they know?

Traffickers almost never go for women like Sherri, not that it isn't totally unheard of. If they kidnap anyone, it is usually in the course of being lured or with other factors involved (like drugs.) Sherri's disappearance generates too much media attention and with the trafficking busts in California recently, it is just unlikely that was her fate. If LE thought there was a chance, the FBI would have the case by now.

I see people mention trafficking, but are there actually verified cases of women being abducted off the street while jogging or similar for trafficking purposes? I always thought they usually go after the easy targets like runaways, sex workers, etc by luring them with the promise of easy money or whatever.

Does anyone here know ... if LE had obtained evidence that she left with someone voluntarily, was having an affair, was suicidal, etc. ... would they be tight lipped with Keith and the family, or would they reveal what they know?
I don't know. It's hard to believe they'd not tell the family and, instead, would let them agonize longer. Wouldn't that be really cruel?

Not an expert but I think it depends on the agency. Years ago we had a Mom go missing. She was gone for a long time...like years. She turns up, alive and well but won't make contact with the family and that LE agency never told the family she was alive.

I did look this up a few days ago and got the idea that California protocol would be to say she was alive but no more.
How very, very, very sad...what consternation!!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member