Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've seen reported is KP saying he's 'aware' of them:
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
And the sister saying the family has no association with them:
Papini’s sister, Sheila Koester, said she had no knowledge about the letter and that the Papini family members had no association with the website.

“I have no idea. It’s nothing that I knew of,” she said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/P...eward-for-missing-woman-401771575.html?page=1
I guess I'm going to have to eat crow.

I'm 100% certain I read he MET with them, I took it to mean the Cam guy. I almost copied and pasted it here. But I can't find it now, so probably was an error that's been fixed. There's been lots of them, I even saw one saying Sherri was last seen at 5:51 pm.

Anyway, if they were adamantly against it, I imagine they would say so.

I personally would only want legal professionals looking for my loved one, but that's jmo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

agree! IMO this makes another statement that the two families are not on the same page with this investigation.

Even if that was said on FB somewhere, Sheila Koester is the family spokesperson.
"The Record Searchlight tried to reach to Rodriguez for comment on the case, but Sherri Papini’s sister, Sheila Koester, said she is still the spokesman for the family instead of Rodriguez."

It's strange isn't it. I mean when I first started reading Sherri's thread #1, I thought to myself yep here we go, another young attractive slim blonde white woman getting all the attention while other threads get barely one or two posts - and yet I'm glued to these threads and paying little heed to others even though I'm very aware of why that is and personally think it's wrong. I'm still doing it anyway.

I'm very curious about the psychology behind that.

I still believe this is abduction. I don't think LE have backed off at all. Just because they're not making appeals in the media doesn't mean they aren't doing serious police work we aren't privy to.
That said the potential that this is some kind of hoax or some kind of deliberate action by Sherri - to start a new life or something like that - is there as well.

I'm glued to this case because SP's family members are friends of mine. Watching their facebook posts are heart breaking. I just want her to come home.

I'm glued to this case because SP's family members are friends of mine. Watching their facebook posts are heart breaking. I just want her to come home.

I'm very sorry that you are all going through this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is secret witness?

trying to keep up but many pages to go through every morning

KP's step dad's response to ransom offer

"[FONT=&amp]As a family member I can attest this is a legitimate, time limited offer. This is a separate, distinct offer versus the $50k reward the family and secret witness are offering for Sherri's return and the conviction of the perpetrators. Please share so we can get the word out to whomever may be holding Sherri Papini." Per his FB pg 8hr ago[/FONT]

Hmm... nice catch - I suppose it could be sloppy wording...or a slip of the tongue

ETA: or this https://scsecretwitness.com/ :facepalm:

:welcome: Those are good questions. We don't know the answers unfortunately.

A few random thoughts bouncing off your post...

Regarding ATT, Sherri's work for ATT took her to Humboldt county on the north coast of CA. I have wanted to mention that someone from Humboldt could have become obsessed with her or the other way around. I hope those contacts have been checked out.

http://kymkemp.com/?s=Sherri+Papini

Last year a creep held a woman who looks similar to Sherri as a sex slave on a marijuana farm in Humboldt. He kept her drugged and she told her family to leave her alone (under duress of course). She did escape, but did not press charges so this guy is still around to find another woman to victimize.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/09/09/sex-t...dustry-an-investigation-centered-in-humboldt/

This is kind of minor and I could be wrong, but from what I remember the person who said that work sometimes took her down there didn't specifically mention it was her work with AT&T. That's the only work we know of, but I wouldn't rule out that she may have had other jobs / business.

I guess I'm going to have to eat crow.

I'm 100% certain I read he MET with them, I took it to mean the Cam guy. I almost copied and pasted it here. But I can't find it now, so probably was an error that's been fixed. There's been lots of them, I even saw one saying Sherri was last seen at 5:51 pm.

Anyway, if they were adamantly against it, I imagine they would say so.

I personally would only want legal professionals looking for my loved one, but that's jmo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They probably don't know what to do and they wouldn't want to antagonize someone who apparently is willing to support them in a big way

DH and I have it and we have been married 40 years. He asks me to track his phone constantly because he's always leaving it in odd places. Our grown daughter and her husband and their 11 yr old daughter are all on the same app with us too. Granddaughter likes to check and see where we all are and we do the same with her. Its a multi-generational tool for us. We have an app for the security cameras at our home that our daughter has access to also. It's a scary world these days. We all try to look out for each other.
I agree it is scary. I just would like to Christmas Shop at some of my hubby's favorite stores without him knowing I was there.
Nothing to hide except the above.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would check co workers of the husband. Or that family friend who just doesn't seem right.

Lately it seems like guys with land and sheds on the property are doing these held captive abductions. Jmo

Thank you. How can the average person detect that one is official and one is not official?

I believe it's been linked to in the MSM articles, but it also has >16k likes compared to the other that had around 500. A lot more activity too.

As in you think it would be safe for her to jog alone, for instance? I admit I run or bike alone, and sometimes sleep at rest stops. I think if this was trafficking it's scary to think it would happen the way it did and how could you prevent it?

Not to put words in wgfodot's mouth, but I assumed by the "sweeping purview of this alleged danger" they were referring specifically to trafficking. I agree that it's technically possible, but in the world of probabilities I would personally put it below nearly every other scenario.

Not sure why, but skimming this thread this morning, and major anxiety....I didn't start having anxiety attacks until after losing 3 family members, and 2 fur family members within a few months. At any rate, it's bothersome that this case is triggering it.

The dogs......not reliable IMO. Too many cases where dogs didn't pick up a scent, even when a child played in the yard everyday, or was at a camping site, or where someone's scent would expected to be, such as their own yard.... no...I don't put much faith in tracking dogs in missing person cases.... Now...put a dog on the trail of an injured deer, I've seen them find it ASAP. Dogs finding a deceased person, I've seen many cases here where they did pick up that scent, whether the person had been in a trunk, on the floor before being moved, etc. Decomposition the dogs seem more accurate on. Again, all my opinion only from following cases here for many years. I have seen in real life, a personal dog find it's owner or track their scent. Some people 'train' their dogs just for fun, and give the dog exercise mentally and physically. I can go outside and hide anywhere, and even though my scent is all over the farm, ONE of my six dogs will accurately find me each me. The others? They may follow my scent, they may go looking for a rabbit, eat some horse poop, look for the groundhog, etc.

I don't know how I feel about the reward. I have NOT seen a case where any amount of reward actually resulted in a person being found. I have seen where the reward was given to someone who 'accidentally' found the body, but not where the person was located based on the reward. Could it happen? Sure. It could snow today too, but I doubt it will.

As my post indicate, my mind jumps here and there, thus do my actions. I may do one thing the same way 50 times and the 51st time, do something completely different. So I don't see anything strange about the wrapping, the tag, etc. Now, if I had to send that package in the mail, unless I had printed the label off the computer, then no, I doubt I would have the address ready until the package was sealed. But everyone is different so who knows.

Too many cases we see so and so would NEVER or ALWAYS....yet we find that isn't true. People don't ALWAYS do things the exact same way, or ALWAYS take their cell phone, ALWAYS have their purse, ALWAYS take the same route, etc. Likewise, with NEVER. People are known to forget items, no matter how important it usually is to them. Especially if stressed, depressed, lots on their mind, running late, distracted, etc. I'm a smoker, most of my family would say I NEVER leave the house without a pack of cigs. WRONG....I've had to stop and buy a pack multiple times while having a full carton at home. Typically because I got distracted while leaving the house.

AND.....no matter how WE would do something, that doesn't make it the only way, the right way, nor how others do it. So while human actions come into play a small amount, not really in the grand scheme of things. Like in this case, anyone looked into backpages, the fetish sites, etc? Because in other cases it's a part of the case. Even the professional link site, I didn't realize people sent messages in that, yet it does, as in the Missy Bevers case.

Wherever Sherri is, I hope she's alive, and well. If captive, I hope she can find a way to escape. If own her own, I hope she can contact someone and let them know she is OK.

I agree that as predictable as people are, they aren't always. And what's really bothering me is I've only read a few statements from the sister, sister-in-law, husband...just family. What was her routine? Not that human's don't mix things up sometimes, but did she have any routine playgroups she was involved in? Did she meet for lunch with friends every Thursday? I wish there was one friend willing to come forth to corroborate that she would never walk away, or was planning to do this on Friday, or would usually call when the kids were napping, or whatever.

I agree that as predictable as people are, they aren't always. And what's really bothering me is I've only read a few statements from the sister, sister-in-law, husband...just family. What was her routine? Not that human's don't mix things up sometimes, but did she have any routine playgroups she was involved in? Did she meet for lunch with friends every Thursday? I wish there was one friend willing to come forth to corroborate that she would never walk away, or was planning to do this on Friday, or would usually call when the kids were napping, or whatever.

All of the above
I have read so little if anything about how she lived her daily life
Her routine, plans etc

All of the above
I have read so little if anything about how she lived her daily life
Her routine, plans etc
That's what bothered me the most. I can't figure out why her friends haven't been in the news or media or on Facebook. It's like nobody really knows her. Very very strange.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No one really knows anyone tho....they only know what the person wants them to know.

That's what bothered me the most. I can't figure out why her friends haven't been in the news or media or on Facebook. It's like nobody really knows her. Very very strange.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

which I interpret to mean there's more to the story. There's GOT to be a reason they're not releasing more information on this subject.

I'm tired of these rso living in rural areas and having torture chambers on the property while going unnoticed and never being checked on.

The most recent 3 did the same things: Todd Kohlhepp, James Worley, and Jeffery Willis.

Btw: They were all strong guys that worked with their hands and had access to multiple rural properties and were sex offenders and had torture chambers on the properties. Jmo

So hopefully the family will watch out for these types. And those older (uncle types) that may periodically come by the house as well. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member