Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read that. Is that what they are referring to?
Not sure I know. That's a Bethel site so Im thinking it supports Project Taken. As to who the anonymous donor is I can only guess.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I read between the lines and visited mt best friend Google. The negotiator's wife is also posting on Sherri's FB page. Hope I'm allowed to say that....

I thought Sherri didn't have a fb page? We are allowed to link to SP's page if she has one.

Good question. I just looked at the letter again and it says the negotiator (who we have since learned is Cameron Gamble) has negotiated ransom releases for people all over the world. It does NOT say that the person who wrote the letter and is offering the ransom has hired CG before. I think some people are confused and think CG is the one offering the reward. From what I can gather, CG has a business doing this and is known for it so anyone who was desperate to bring their friend or loved one home could look him up and retain his services as a negotiator. JMO.

ETA link: http://www.sherripapini.com/

From what I can tell it sounds more like they want to go into that business, not that they've ever done any of this domestically. I've seen CG say that he negotiated the release of missionaries in a foreign country, but that's a whole different thing to something domestic:
https://bethelmusic.com/blog/hostage-freed-through-we-will-not-be-shaken/

I thought the same. I'm also going to go ahead and say I am shocked that if she was such a runner, into races, regular jogger as people keep claiming, why didn't she have "pins" about that on her Pinterest? The only workout health things I saw were yoga related. She seemed fairly involved in finding various tips and ideas for a variety of topics from crafts to vacations to her alter ego, but nothing on running?

Maybe it was more of a casual interest but I keep hearing she was training or jogging was a regular workout for her. From my experience it's an area people find pins regarding training workouts, stretches and improvement tips etc. It may seem I'm making a small find a bigger deal but caught my attention as I looked through her pins. Running is the last thing anyone would say I was interested in but I have a whole board on it. But I guess that's a personal choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw on one of the KRCR news stories (on tv) I think it was either the sister or SIL say she was training for the CASA superhero race coming up soon. It's a race quite known in this area helping to support and raise awareness of abused children.

Any chance this family could be connected to the church?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That is my feeling. And it really gives me a pit in my stomach. There are things about that church that are disturbing, to say the VERY least. In my opinion, their agenda doesn't really have much to do with what it purports to be. I feel really sick about it, actually. It's scary.

I thought the same. I'm also going to go ahead and say I am shocked that if she was such a runner, into races, regular jogger as people keep claiming, why didn't she have "pins" about that on her Pinterest? The only workout health things I saw were yoga related. She seemed fairly involved in finding various tips and ideas for a variety of topics from crafts to vacations to her alter ego, but nothing on running?

Maybe it was more of a casual interest but I keep hearing she was training or jogging was a regular workout for her. From my experience it's an area people find pins regarding training workouts, stretches and improvement tips etc. It may seem I'm making a small find a bigger deal but caught my attention as I looked through her pins. Running is the last thing anyone would say I was interested in but I have a whole board on it. But I guess that's a personal choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, my Pinterest workout pins are mainly strength training pins and I'm a runner. I guess for me running is easy and simple so I don't pin anything on running. I pin stuff like weight training exercises and routines and even have some yoga pins for lower back pain so I can refer to them later on.

In this scenario, you should always send a tip directly to LE vs post on a social media site. If you ever have any doubts if something is ok to post (or not), send a PM to a Moderator.

I'm a SAHM, and I hardly post my son on social media. I do many activities with my son and don't feel the need to broadcast it all. I have working Mom friends on FB that post a lot more photos of their kids than I do. I find this to be a very primitive statement. Sherri and Keith have a shared FB, FWIW. Maybe she has dealt with some creepers in the past and that's why she and her husband have a shared site and why he also is able to track her phone. She's very pretty and probably attracts a lot of unwanted attention. I know I've had creep experiences in the past and so have several of my friends.

ETA: also living in an area with lots of RSO may be another reason she didn't have a lot of social media accounts to broadcast her kids every move.
I'm a sahm and don't have sm at all, so I don't post my kids either. So that's not weird to me.

A shared fb account could be another sign of a controlling relationship though, if we went with that theory.

Controlling or worried? My wife has gone out before and sometimes her phone dies or she forgot it, and if it gets real late I begin to worry. I've called her friends or family before just to make sure she was in good hands. Say for instance no one knew where she was, I would probably try to locate her phone if she had it on her and wasn't answering. We have crazy drivers in CA and there are bad accidents daily. I'd hate to think people would think I am controlling for just being worried or concerned for my wife.
I don't have a problem with the KP using the app. I asked DH what he'd do if he got home from work and I wasn't here and he didn't know I was going to be out (I'm a huge creature of habit) what steps he'd take to find me? He said he'd text and call. If no answer he'd check with my sister and if she didn't know then he'd start looking for me and call 911.
I can understand them having the app especially since SP jogs and there are so many RSOs nearby. If they both have the app then I don't find anything wrong with using it on one another.

I can't find anything, but maybe a more seasoned sleuth could find something.

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs. I'm actually thinking of starting a major dig and possible project related to this group of people and their offshoots after the things I've learned after hearing of this group, its mission, and having a look at the people involved. As well as the people who support it.

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs. I'm actually thinking of starting a major dig and possible project related to this group of people and their offshoots after the things I've learned after hearing of this group, its mission, and having a look at the people involved. As well as the people who support it.
Maybe that's what Sherri was doing :(

I'm on so many fences here I need a horse...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ha! I lol and read to my husband the opposite that you were on so many horses you needed a fence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I haven't read anything in the press about the Bethel Church being "behind it". By "behind it" do you mean you think they are the ones offering the reward? Or do they pay Cameron Gamble or something? I'm not being smart, I'm honestly asking because I've never heard of them nor CG before all this and have no idea how they are connected to this offer. Can you link me to a MSM that talks about Bethel Church's connection to the Sherri Papini case?

Cameron Gamble is the link.

To expand upon creep experiences:

A few years ago, a lovely girl I went to HS with was abducted from a parking lot on a busy Saturday. There was no direct evidence of an abduction at the time. She was reported missing asap because it was so uncharacteristic of her to go silent. Of course, the usual suspects were her husband etc. Her body was found not long after. Long story short, the perp was a classmate of ours from HS who I also had hung out with at one point. I remember there was speculation from comments on media posts that she was having an affair but I absolutely knew this was not true and it wasn't. He had developed an obsession with her apparently and acted upon it years after the fact. He had been stalking her through other means because she didn't have SM accounts.

I thought Sherri didn't have a fb page? We are allowed to link to SP's page if she has one.

Yes, we can. I'm referring to the Help Find Sherri Papini, FB page. The negotiator, Cameron Gamble's wife has been posting to the page.

Any chance this family could be connected to

I thought the same. I'm also going to go ahead and say I am shocked that if she was such a runner, into races, regular jogger as people keep claiming, why didn't she have "pins" about that on her Pinterest

I'm a sahm and don't have sm at all, so I don't post my kids either. So that's not weird to me.

A shared fb account could be another sign of a controlling relationship though, if we went with that theory.

No one, at least outside of Family and maybe LE, really knows what SP or her family are like behind closed doors. Nothing real has been shared pubicly. It's just a sad story and I am not even sure what to make of it. I go from feeling bad for her, the husband, the family to feeling like something's out of place and untrustworthy. But, really all we are going by is what is being told. They can't share everything I guess because of the investigation. However, seriously I am just waiting for someone to come out and reveal something that might be more believable than just "supermom". Believe me, I know moms are the hardest working women out there. Key word is "hard". And nobody is perfect.

To expand upon creep experiences:

A few years ago, a lovely girl I went to HS with was abducted from a parking lot on a busy Saturday. There was no direct evidence of an abduction at the time. She was reported missing asap because it was so uncharacteristic of her to go silent. Of course, the usual suspects were her husband etc. Her body was found not long after. Long story short, the perp was a classmate of ours from HS who I also had hung out with at one point. I remember there was speculation from comments on media posts that she was having an affair but I absolutely knew this was not true and it wasn't. He had developed an obsession with her apparently and acted upon it years after the fact. He had been stalking her. So it is possible she had been stalked even though she didn't have any SM accounts then either.
I was just wondering about something like this last night.

I was wondering when Sherri left redding and when she moved back? If recently returned I was wondering if it could have been someone who used to obsess on her for one reason or another and found out she was back.

I dunno, just another possible scenario.

I am positing that she may have left voluntarily as it is statistically probable. Where? Who knows.

You have to be careful with that, though.

When a phone is found at the side of the road, the most likely explanation, by far, is that it fell there from someone's pocket or vehicle.

Is that the most likely explanation in this case? Maybe the perp hid her body on the property and was stealing her phone, but it fell out of his pocket or vehicle as he left the neighborhood. Sound reasonable? (No!) I would say at least 99% of phones that are found by the side of the road are simply lost. Their owners dropped them. I have found two phones out front of my house, actually. When people open their car door, sometimes their phone falls out without them noticing. I then find the phone, right by the curb.

In this case, however, the owner of the phone just happens to have gone missing. Suddenly the most statistically probable reason for the phone being there doesn't seem as likely.

You have to take the big picture into account.

Sure, people leave all the time. But with no known mental health issues? And a stable family? And they're still gone over 2 weeks later? And nobody saw them leave?

The statistical probability starts to get smaller and smaller...

I know we have Kohlhepp fresh in our minds and my feelings have nothing to do with that.

But yet again I keep being reminded of AH and Nate Kibby. And I'm not sure why. It may be similarities in the strangeness of the case idk.

Kibby abducted AH as she walked home from school, in a fairly busy area in broad daylight. He put a tshirt and motorcycle helmet over her head and threatened her with a gun. It all happened very quickly.

LE were stumped. Rumours and accusations were rife. Fingers were pointed incorrectly at her BF and BF's family, her own Father as well as all kinds of she left on her own theories. Then a letter from her Father, surrounded in mystery as he had not made a public appearance, IIRC it was simply posted on FB but it was strangely worded and that had us all :thinking: too

Then there was the mysterious letter sent to her Mom just before Christmas, that LE wouldn't tell us much about

9 months later he suddenly dropped her off at the spot where he abducted her, after keeping her in a shipping container, just a few miles up the road and subjecting her to all kinds of unspeakable things :( Why? because he had a court appearance for an unrelated offense and thought he may go to jail IIRC. He let her go.

Maybe that is why it is feeling familiar idk. It's equally baffling. I never gave up on AH, it was a feeling a few of us shared. I feel the need to do the same even though I am also on the fence about a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser