Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Or the family did. Either way, it just seems like a woman who was described as being "bubbly" would have friends speaking out about her. So far, just different family members. Now, with the reverse ransom thing going on, everything is starting to look all hazy and almost just for shock value. It all just seems a little bit off. Like we are all missing one giant piece of the puzzle right in the middle.

Her friends HAVE spoken to the press: http://kron4.com/2016/11/18/video-friend-of-missing-redding-woman-speaks-out/

The force is strong in you skibaboo! I love a critical thinker.
Since we aren't allowed to sleuth him, I would just suggest that in your free time...free time that has absolutely nothing to do with this forum...that you pursue that question.
I have done this...in my free time...and found some very interesting information.

How did you know I'm a Jedi?! hehe

Gotcha! thanks

To expand upon creep experiences:

A few years ago, a lovely girl I went to HS with was abducted from a parking lot on a busy Saturday. There was no direct evidence of an abduction at the time. She was reported missing asap because it was so uncharacteristic of her to go silent. Of course, the usual suspects were her husband etc. Her body was found not long after. Long story short, the perp was a classmate of ours from HS who I also had hung out with at one point. I remember there was speculation from comments on media posts that she was having an affair but I absolutely knew this was not true and it wasn't. He had developed an obsession with her apparently and acted upon it years after the fact. He had been stalking her through other means because she didn't have SM accounts.

You have stated my theory
Bingo

I know we have Kohlhepp fresh in our minds and my feelings have nothing to do with that.

But yet again I keep being reminded of AH and Nate Kibby. And I'm not sure why. It may be similarities in the strangeness of the case idk.

Kibby abducted AH as she walked home from school, in a fairly busy area in broad daylight. He put a tshirt and motorcycle helmet over her head and threatened her with a gun. It all happened very quickly.

LE were stumped. Rumours and accusations were rife. Fingers were pointed incorrectly at her BF and BF's family, her own Father as well as all kinds of she left on her own theories. Then a letter from her Father, surrounded in mystery as he had not made a public appearance, IIRC it was simply posted on FB but it was strangely worded and that had us all :thinking: too

Then there was the mysterious letter sent to her Mom just before Christmas, that LE wouldn't tell us much about

9 months later he suddenly dropped her off at the spot where he abducted her, after keeping her in a shipping container, just a few miles up the road and subjecting her to all kinds of unspeakable things :( Why? because he had a court appearance for an unrelated offense and thought he may go to jail IIRC. He let her go.

Maybe that is why it is feeling familiar idk. It's equally baffling. I never gave up on AH, it was a feeling a few of us shared. I feel the need to do the same even though I am also on the fence about a lot.

Yes, similar feeling to this case...also Sierra Lamar and Holly Bobo come to mind for me. Beautiful young ladies, suddenly vanishing...people openly suspected the fathers or brothers or boyfriends because no one saw anyone abducting the girls, and it is so 'rare' statistically....AND YET, it happens all too often. [ And I still feel badly about suspecting Holly's brother and Sierra's stepfather...:blush: ]

You have stated my theory
Bingo

I know they have a suspect for the case from '98, but I still consider the obsessed former classmate as possible, and maybe for both. You just never know in these cases. Seen so many bizarre outcomes... and Sherri definitely looks like somebody who could have picked up a stalker over the years.

Somebody from work, or school, or a friend of a friend, seen it all...

The most straightforward explanation for the phone being drooped/discarded along her known jogging route is that it happened when Sherri was abducted. Other explanations, while possible, IMO, begin to get less credible the more you examine them. But that's just my opinion.

If Sherri was abducted at home, I doubt the abductor took the phone with him and then tossed it. Possible, but not likely, IMO. Nor do I think Sherri planted the phone there. If she wanted to pretend an abduction took place, she could've come up with a much better plan, one less ambiguous. The idea that her abductor spent hours in her home before whisking Sherri away also seems far-fetched. Without evidence that some stranger was in her home, I don't buy it.

It also doesn't look like she voluntarily left with a secret lover. Surely, LE would've found phone records or texts that connected her with someone else. Her life, from what we've been told, was wrapped up in being a mom.

If she just left on her own, planning to start a new life alone, she didn't seem to prepare herself with money, clothing, transportation, etc. Possible, but not likely.

The other viable possibility is suicide. But why go somewhere and do it where she wouldn't be found? And why wouldn't she just leave the phone at home? Again, suicide is possible, but unless we learn something specific about mental health concerns, I think it's unlikely.

If we take the text to her husband at face value, she apparently planned to be home at lunchtime. She wanted to know if he, depending on his schedule, might be home for lunch, too. Keith didn't express any surprise about the content of her text. So, it must be something that happened from time to time.

If she was wrapping presents (plural), she may have noticed the time and figured, if she hurried, she could do a quick jog and get back before lunch. If, by then, she heard back from Keith, she could plan lunch accordingly (and finish wrapping the presents).

While out, some people cutting down a tree saw her jogging (around 11 am as reported by Keith). Then, sometime shortly before noon, she was abducted near the mailboxes, dropping the phone during the struggle. (LE would know if that was the last time her phone was used.)

Abductions can happen so quickly. If Sherri was caught off-guard, someone could have gotten her into a vehicle under restraint (perhaps threatening her with a weapon) in no time at all. Except for the phone and earbuds, she disappears without a trace.
....from what we have been told is THE most important sentence in your whole post.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I know they have a suspect for the case from '98, but I still consider the obsessed former classmate as possible, and maybe for both. You just never know in these cases. Seen so many bizarre outcomes... and Sherri definitely looks like somebody who could have picked up a stalker over the years.

How do you look like the kind of person who could pick up a stalker??

It's taken a whole week, but this thread is finally heading where I desperately want it to go. Culture is the key. Carry on.

How do you look like the kind of person who could pick up a stalker??

I get it. Not necessarily even "stalkers" - but there is a common appearance to women who are snatched and kept or murdered.

And Sherri is in that category. They are youthful, beautiful, and don't look aggressive.

Nobody snatches Judge Judy off the street.

When you see a girl like Sherri Papini in the news being missing, the odds are greater in her case that a stranger or acquaintance snatched them than if they were, say, a 65 year old man.

I find it strange that CG in particular was allegedly hired by someone who supposedly is in from out-of-town as it seems like a very unlikely hire when you could hire an organization like this who has a professional hostage negotiator with actual experience doing hostage negotiations in CA on staff where the negotiator is also a licensed psychologist:
http://thecounselingteam.com/crisis-negotiation/
It further raises my eyebrow that this was being floated around since the 6th but that the TV station couldn't verify how authentic it was (and still apparently hasn't). Also throw in there that the ransom willing to be paid is essentially infinite but it supposedly expires as soon as the unnamed benefactor leaves town next week.

Neighbors, uncles of dads who also have kids in daycare, residents of the hills who happen to frequent the grocery store when you do, etc. etc.

I find it strange that CG in particular was allegedly hired by someone who supposedly is in from out-of-town as it seems like a very unlikely hire when you could hire an organization like this who has a professional hostage negotiator with actual experience doing hostage negotiations in CA on staff where the negotiator is also a licensed psychologist:
http://thecounselingteam.com/crisis-negotiation/
It further raises my eyebrow that this was being floated around since the 6th but that the TV station couldn't verify how authentic it was (and still apparently hasn't). Also throw in there that the ransom willing to be paid is essentially infinite but it supposedly expires as soon as the unnamed benefactor leaves town next week.
So many things about this ransom situation have made the eyebrows fly right off my face.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wow. Now I'm feeling a little naive for thinking it's probably some pervert who just wanted to kidnap and rape a pretty young woman.

I'm starting to think this whole ransom thing is legit.... In that they took SP so they could return her. She could very well be locked up somewhere, or in on it.

So many things about this ransom situation have made the eyebrows fly right off my face.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Me too. And not the least of which is how odd it is that he's in town for a business trip and once the trip is over and he leaves town (presumedly soon) the deal is off.

I find that to be a really very very strange condition to put on a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018